UPDATE: Guitar Hero BUNDLE w/ guitar = $79.99 @ Gamestop.com & Ebgames

Wario64

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
edit: Gredy GS/EB raised price to $79.99. Buy it somewhere else if you can, MSRP is $69.99

Now $69.99 at both EB and GS
http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/257934.asp
http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=280005

See Wombat play Guitar Hero at Digital Life NYC
VIDEO - 18MB - right click and save as

if it is indeed $49.99, this is one hell of a deal since it comes with a kick ass guitar controller. anyone know if ebgames will honor this price if redoctone announces a higher price in the future?

update: Ebgames updated their Guitar Hero page. It now says "Guitar Hero Bundle" and still at $50. Could this actually be the real price?

257934.jpg

update: Price has been raised to $79.99

NEW UPDATE: $69.99 at Gamestop.com http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=280005

It doesn't say anyting about coming with a guitar and I bet it will be sold guitar-less as well as in a bundle...

[quote name='Scorch']It doesn't say anything about coming with a guitar controller.[/QUOTE]

Damn, you beat me.

[quote name='Spoon_si']is the ps1 version that great? seeing as you guys love this game?[/QUOTE]

The PS1 version you speak of is Guitar Freaks, a Japanese only game made by Konami as part of the Bemani line of games, along with DDR and Beatmania.

This game is developed by Harmonix, makers of Karaoke Revolution, Frequency, and Amplitude.

Although the look is a little different, the game really appears to play the same way, with the addition of a couple more frets and a whammy bar.

But in answer to your question, yes, the PS1 version is brilliant. Unlike something like Beatmania or Dance Dance Revolution, this really makes you feel like you are playing the guitar as you have to hold chords and strum. And the songs for Guitar Freaks are excellent as well.

I expect good things from Guitar Hero considering Harmonix pedigree.

Well I've personally never played the two ps1 mixes, but I have the two ps2 mixes and yeah it is that much fun to rock out. It really is just a VERY simplified guitar, but it still retains all of the fun of playing guitar.

[quote name='MasterSun1']FYI, Karaoke Revolution was made by Konami, NOT Harmonix.[/QUOTE]

Karaoke Revolution was developed by Harmonix

[quote name='MasterSun1']FYI, Karaoke Revolution was made by Konami, NOT Harmonix.[/QUOTE]

Harmonix was the developer, and Konami the publisher.

The game may just come out with the guitar bundled, like Taiko. Playing without the guitar is a waste, and RO knows that; plus, controllers are their bread and butter. I'm going to place a preorder in case there's only one SKU. If they announce that it's game-only later, I'll cancel.

I'd imagine the bundle would go for $60-70, ebgames also has Beatmania listed at $50 so its probably a placeholder. Anyone have a pic of their guitar controller?

[quote name='Heyricochet']I'm just hoping that my 6 button guitar freaks controller will be compatible. Probably not though.[/QUOTE]
I have no doubt in my mind that it will be compatible. RO would really be hurting themselves if they alienate the hardcore Bemani players.

[quote name='Zoglog']there never has been a really good guitar made for Guitar freaks sadly. The arcade ones are huge tho.[/QUOTE]

The home Konami controller was decent, I never had a problem with mine.

[quote name='CouRageouS']I'd imagine the bundle would go for $60-70, ebgames also has Beatmania listed at $50 so its probably a placeholder. Anyone have a pic of their guitar controller?[/QUOTE]

Those are my two contollers, the top one is an official konami lookalike except for the 6 buttons, the other was the lik-sang picture as of 4 months ago, I took the complete last one out of their display case in hong kong, then they changed over to the one on top.

[quote name='ironmouse']I can't figure out where the fun comes in with the these "hit the right button" games myself.[/QUOTE]

I can sort of relate to this comment, although I do enjoy your basic music games. But this is why Guitar Freaks/Hero is different. It has the closest mimicry of actually playing the instrument. You hold the chords on the guitar neck and then strum the switch. Since you have to change chords a lot and strum at different speeds and times, it really does a great job of acting like you are playing a real guitar. And with a guitar instrument in your hands, you really will feel like rocking out. Give it a chance and it may grow on you...it's the only reason my Japanese PS2 stays hooked up to the TV.

WOW! That guitar looks awesome! Right up there with the arcade Guitar Freaks controller. This was a must buy for me the second I heard about it, but it's number #1 on my fall list now.

Hooray for Harmonix and Red Octane!

Knowing Red Octane it probably will be considering it's the same company charging $100 for those Ignition DDR Pads when you could get identical pads minus the Red Octane logo for half the price on other sites and the company that is charging $95 for Disney Mix on EBay (to me, it's like Gamestop or EB charging the same $95 since Red Octane is just like a regular retailer rather than an individual)

Wow, Megadeth is on there? I may just check this out (I always wanted to try Guitar Freaks, so i guess this is as close as i'll get)...

[quote name='YoshiFan1']Knowing Red Octane it probably will be considering it's the same company charging $100 for those Ignition DDR Pads when you could get identical pads minus the Red Octane logo for half the price on other sites and the company that is charging $95 for Disney Mix on EBay (to me, it's like Gamestop or EB charging the same $95 since Red Octane is just like a regular retailer rather than an individual)[/QUOTE]

Actually the Red Octane pads may look and feel like the same cheap knockoffs that are half price, but really, it's all about how long they'll last...and the Red Octane pads last a very long time.

My Red Octane pad didn't last very long at all. I was only playing on Basic at the time, and never wore sneakers or shoes on the pad and never stomped on the pad and the pad didn't even last 4 months for me (right arrow stopped functioning completely and the pad was ripped in a few spots). I got a MyMyBox pad after that and it lasted almost 9 months.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']My Red Octane pad didn't last very long at all. I was only playing on Basic at the time, and never wore sneakers or shoes on the pad and never stomped on the pad and the pad didn't even last 4 months for me (right arrow stopped functioning completely and the pad was ripped in a few spots). I got a MyMyBox pad after that and it lasted almost 9 months.[/QUOTE]

That's odd, I guess sometimes one can go faulty or something. Oh well, I got my V 3.0 pad for 50.00 off of eBay so I'm good anyways. :D

I've gotten knockoffs that died FAR faster. The best thing to do is to get an Ignition at EB and get the extended warranty.

FYI, it's a good idea to put 15 seconds of research into what you write before you sound like an idiot.

The problem with the controller is that you don't know how good it is till you try it. The HK ones I got from topway looked fine but theyplay like crap. Still they maybe ok but there still is a major size and weight difference between all the home ones and the ones in the arcade.

But yeah if they play well I might just buy this game so I can use that guitar for guitarfreaks :D

I don't know about Guitar Hero but for Guitar Freaks, I think the guitar could be flipped and work just as well since the pick could be pushed in either direction.

More like, how long until Konami sues them for making a game similar to Guitar Freaks considering Konami seems to love to sue people for making similar games yet Konami refused to release Guitar Freaks in the US (aside from the 1 arcade mix). They sued Andamiro for Pump It Up, they sued Roxor and Red Octane for In The Groove (2 different lawsuits?, 1 for arcade and one for the home version?) and they sued Mad Catz for that MC Dance game on Gamecube.

considering konami and harmonix have worked together in the past and since the game itself is quite different in many various ways without just new buttons. But yeah I mean it would be like them getting sued over amplitude. as for Pump it Up getting sued, there are alot more similarities there but who knows.

Ebgames updated their Guitar Hero page. It now says "Guitar Hero Bundle" and still at $50. Could this actually be the real price?

257934.jpg

[quote name='Wario64']it also has the product description for ICO, so i have no idea what's going on there

$80 does seem more realistic though[/QUOTE]
:rofl: got to love gamestop.

They would be stupid not to include a 2 player mode since that was what made Guitar Freaks so great. I thought the feature Konami later had with Drummania where 2 players played Guitar and the other played drums (all with their respective controllers) was awesome. Maybe Red Octane could release another music game and link up the guitar and other music controller depending on what game they would design next (can't be drums because there is a patent on that stupid MTV Drumscape "game" for the US)

Damn, this looks absolutely awesome.

[quote name='The Successful Dropout']i just need to know if there is a 2 player mode...so i know whether i should pre-order 2 or not[/QUOTE]
FEATURES

Guitar Hero Features
  • Over 30 of the greatest rock songs of all-time.
  • 4 difficulty levels (easy, medium, hard, and expert).
  • 6 venues that range from basement parties to sold out stadiums.
  • 8 different characters that each offer their own look and unique style of playing, from metal head to classic rocker.
  • 2 different two-player modes that offers tons of multiplayer fun!
Guitar Hero SG Controller Features
  • Five multi-colored fret buttons.
  • A responsive and durable strum bar.
  • Working analog whammy bar.
  • Tilt Sensors that can tell when the guitar is pointed straight up.
  • An adjustable strap.
  • Stylized Start and Select buttons that look like volume knobs off an actual guitar

bread's done
Back