where to look for game suppliers?

spine

CAG Veteran
Feedback
1 (100%)
hello,

I am planning to start a small online shop in my country's Internet space (which is to say, growing very rapidly). I'm planning to sell all kinds of digital goods there, but the main emphasis will be on online games. Stuff like MMORPG's, time card codes for them, CS, TF2, Battlefield games, etc. In my country this market has a lot of potential and with I'm planning to become one of the leading game shops and sell hundreds of games every day.

But alas, there lies a problem. Where to get those games? At first I though contacting game publishers was the way to do it, but after sending dozens of emails and spending a few hours on the phone, I understood that none of the big game publishers are interested in dealing with a small unknown company.

I've tried contacting some online shop's whose concept is similar to what I am planning (shatteredcrystal.com, gamecards.eu). all they offered was to buy their codes through the affiliate program and get 5% commission every month. coupled with web-site hosting prices and my own time investment, those 5% will be nowhere near covering the cost of even running the shop.

So, the big question, and I hope that I am asking it int he right place. Where can I find a supplier of game codes who I can buy large quantities of codes for resale? No physical shipping necessary, a scanned image or a simple text file would do.

Any help, ideas?

[quote name='phear3d']check out this thread. you can probably ask the OP as well.

i'll try to answer this once i speak to my bro, he runs a video game store. he did tell me once that not anyone gets access to game suppliers.[/quote]

I know that when i was looking for suppliers most required a resellers liscence, but from what i'v seen from the supliers that i did manage to get with, most have such high buy prices that i am better off taking in trades and finding stuff in clearance bins on my weekly pawn/clearance run.

[quote name='Sinnbox']I know that when i was looking for suppliers most required a resellers liscence, but from what i'v seen from the supliers that i did manage to get with, most have such high buy prices that i am better off taking in trades and finding stuff in clearance bins on my weekly pawn/clearance run.[/quote]
yeah i think thats what it is. a resellers license. for you to actually have such license means that you are doing this seriously because buying games/point cards/digital money or codes from distributors isn't cheap. i know the distributors charge about $14 to $16 for the $20 360 point cards. not sure if they actually do digital goods, im sure some do since WOW is huge.

What exactly is a reseller's license? Where can I get one? My company is obviously not registered in US, not is it going to be in any foreseeable future.

However, I'm still at the same point where I started. Game publishers will no deal with me directly, other web-sites are not a viable option because of high prices and I have no idea where to look or who to contact for an alternative source of supply.

[quote name='spine']What exactly is a reseller's license? Where can I get one? My company is obviously not registered in US, not is it going to be in any foreseeable future.

However, I'm still at the same point where I started. Game publishers will no deal with me directly, other web-sites are not a viable option because of high prices and I have no idea where to look or who to contact for an alternative source of supply.[/quote]
Taxable items or services are required to obtain a seller's permit or wholesale License. You are required to obtain a sellers permit if you sell, or even lease personal or tangible property. In addition, you need a sellers permit if you are a retailer or wholesale of taxable items.
i got that off of the internet.

If your company is not in the U.S., there is no way (i believe) that you could get this permit/license. you would probably have to speak to distributors of where your company is originating from.

bread's done
Back