Xbox LIve $20 Rebate On Game

Klampo

CAG Veteran
I got the xbox live 12 month + headset dealy which comes with a $20 rebate on a game.

It says I need the uPC, but all I got is Perfect Dark Limited. Can I just take a photocopy as I dont wanna cut up my case for the original UPC?

Anyone fill this out and get their rebate back?

[quote name='jaa1311']Im wondering the same thing. I really dont wanna hack up a case for the rebate. Hopefully they will take a copy![/QUOTE]

are you guys retarded? you don't have to cut up the case, try taking the paper out and cut the UPC out. who cares if you case is missing the UPC!@ no one cares!

[quote name='TheShiz']are you guys retarded? you don't have to cut up the case, try taking the paper out and cut the UPC out. who cares if you case is missing the UPC!@ no one cares![/QUOTE]

...n/m

[quote name='TheShiz']are you guys retarded? you don't have to cut up the case, try taking the paper out and cut the UPC out. who cares if you case is missing the UPC!@ no one cares![/QUOTE]

Yes, someone here is retarded, indeed...

I'm mad, my XBL kit didn't even come with the rebate. Tried calling Microsoft and they didn't believe me. The whole reason I broke down and bought that thing was because I figured with the $20 rebate it wasn't that bad.

I sent in my rebate with the actual UPC from my Call of Duty 2 case. It doesn't really matter to me if there is a small rectangular cut, considering I'm getting $20.

you have to send the original or someone could say they bought a game and photocopy a friends UPC code.

also with the collectors edition you are cutting the clear sleave anyway. you still have the metal case intact.

When did you send in your rebate? BTW, anyone have that website on the back of the form where you can track the rebate's status? I forgot to write it down before I sent it off.

Aww crap. So I looked at the rebate form and realized that you have to have the rebate postmarked within 30 days of the purchase of the game... I kept dragging my feet about sending in my rebate and now I can't do it with any of the games I already have. Guess I'll just have to go buy a new game!

[quote name='cyberlian']did anyone try sending out a rebate w/ a photocopy?[/QUOTE]
i sent a photocopy of the upc and a photocopy of my receipt and i just got my rebate last week.

If the upc being removed bothers you that much just put a photocopy in its place. I did this with Splinter Cell when I sent a rebate in. I didn't care so much about the cosmetic value, but the fact it would allow me to still trade the game in. Its barely even noticable.

Great. I just check the rebate checker and they have no record of my rebate I sent over a month ago. Don't you guys just LOVE rebates?

Since this expires the end of the month, I gotta crackdown and sent this puppy in with delivery confirmation. About how long did it take to get it for those of you who already sent it in?

Also make sure you make copies of your stuff before you send it in just in case.

I need some suggestions on what game to buy this week to use this damn rebate on. I have PDZ, COD2, and recently just got Oblivion yesterday.

[quote name='menikmati']I need some suggestions on what game to buy this week to use this damn rebate on. I have PDZ, COD2, and recently just got Oblivion yesterday.[/QUOTE]
I'd recommend Ghost Recon, Table Tennis, or Burnout: Revenge

[quote name='menikmati']I need some suggestions on what game to buy this week to use this damn rebate on. I have PDZ, COD2, and recently just got Oblivion yesterday.[/quote]If you just recently got Oblivion, can't you just use that receipt?

[quote name='Sk8erlink7']If you just recently got Oblivion, can't you just use that receipt?[/quote]

I got it from eBay, thought it had to be purchased from a store?

[quote name='menikmati']I got it from eBay, thought it had to be purchased from a store?[/quote] Ah, I see. Yeah, I think you need to buy it from a store. In that case, I'd probably suggest Burnout Revenge, G.R.A.W., or Fight Night Round 3. Those are awesome games.

[quote name='seanr1221']So photocopies do work right?[/QUOTE]
I was denied on my photocopy, I sent mine in for Oblivion CE and I didn't want to cut my box.

[quote name='spoo']I was denied on my photocopy, I sent mine in for Oblivion CE and I didn't want to cut my box.[/quote]

Thanks for the tip. I'll make a photocopy of it and use the photocopy to replace the missing square on my game sleeve.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Thanks for the tip. I'll make a photocopy of it and use the photocopy to replace the missing square on my game sleeve.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I was denied a photocopy of my UPC code too on the Oblivion CE, but I called them and talked them into letting me have the rebate.

[quote name='gofishn']Can anyone tell me which Live subscription package to buy in order to get the rebate?[/QUOTE]

The LIVE KIT that has the rebate on the box.....MSRP is $69.99.

I forgot to mail my rebate in....now it's getting late. I don't really want any games either....Table Tennis maybe. But I'm NOT cutting my box up.

Anyone know of a number or email to call, so that I can communicate with someone regarding their photocopy acceptance? Like everyone else I don't want to cut up my case, but for $20 back I'd probably be willing since I could pick up a case online for $5 in the future.

[quote name='Redeema']Anyone know of a number or email to call, so that I can communicate with someone regarding their photocopy acceptance? Like everyone else I don't want to cut up my case, but for $20 back I'd probably be willing since I could pick up a case online for $5 in the future.[/quote]Just to repeat what others have said, you don't have to cut your game case. You can slide the paper out of the clear sleeve, cut the UPC out, and then slide it back in.

I forgot to do my rebate on Phantom Dust over a year ago, but I'm going to try and do this one in the next few days. I'll either buy GRAW, Burnout, or Table Tennis.

Sucks that all games don't have a UPC in the back of the book. I got lucky though I used GRAW which had it in the book and cut the UPC off MLB 07 before I ebayed it. I think it took a little over a month each to get the checks back making that already great CC misprint even sweeter!

Just got Table Tennis for $30 after the $10 RZ thing, got to send this bitch out tomorrow.

So glad I got the XBL kit for $14.99 at CC due to the BB misprint.

bread's done
Back