Xbox: Tom Clancy's Classic Trilogy for $14.77 (Retail Price $39.99) after PM

hundredandone

CAGiversary!
I got this game at Wal-Mart for $14.77 after PM using Target's ads. This is a 3-in-1 game includes the original Splinter Cell, Ghost Recon, and Rainbow Six 3. BTW this game has the Platinum Hits label on it.

I'm going to try and get this for sure. Do all Wal-Marts PM? I know most of the employees are stupid, so they probally wouldn't even check for the $19.99 thing.

I'll try this on saturday when I go PM that sears ad for armed and dangerous and a couple other games

[quote name='hundredandone']I got this game at Wal-Mart for $14.77 after PM using Target's ads. This is a 3-in-1 game includes the original Splinter Cell, Ghost Recon, and Rainbow Six 3. BTW this game has the Platinum Hits label on it.[/quote]

Intresting...I will have to try that.

Why, in the topic title, does it list this as $39.99 retail? You said it has a platinum hits label, wouldn't it retail as $19.99? Whatever, maybe I'm just missing something.

[quote name='thegamer4787']Why, in the topic title, does it list this as $39.99 retail? You said it has a platinum hits label, wouldn't it retail as $19.99? Whatever, maybe I'm just missing something.[/quote]You're missing the fact that it's $39.99 and not $19.99. It's a PH but doesn't cost the same as a normal PH.

Just tried this at Wal-Mart in Sarasota, and the monkeys working there decided to make their own rules and not give it to me. The electronics department managers even said to me, "I'm not giving it to you at that price. I will not honor that, and I'll make sure you don't get it." At one point, an assistant manager told her to give it to me and then changed his mind when he saw it was a 3-pack. However, Target's print ad says nothing about exclusions. When I asked for the manager's name and number, the assistant manager refused to give it to me. I called and complained to the manager, not about their decision, but about how they treated me. Anyone else have any advice on what to do next? District manager, perhaps?

[quote name='lyric706']Just tried this at Wal-Mart in Sarasota, and the monkeys working there decided to make their own rules and not give it to me. The electronics department managers even said to me, "I'm not giving it to you at that price. I will not honor that, and I'll make sure you don't get it." At one point, an assistant manager told her to give it to me and then changed his mind when he saw it was a 3-pack. However, Target's print ad says nothing about exclusions. When I asked for the manager's name and number, the assistant manager refused to give it to me. I called and complained to the manager, not about their decision, but about how they treated me. Anyone else have any advice on what to do next? District manager, perhaps?[/quote]

It's WalMart....they live by their OWN rules. Just live with it

Can anyone get me the Target ad this is in, please? I have both Rainbow Six 3 and Splinter Cell, but I still want to pick this up cheap, just for the collection. Although, it would be my first PH...(shudder)

im going to try it at a local target when i get out of work, from the first page of tha ad, it says that ALL platinum hits are $14.77, a little argueing should get them to honor it......

[quote name='sj41'][quote name='thegamer4787']Why, in the topic title, does it list this as $39.99 retail? You said it has a platinum hits label, wouldn't it retail as $19.99? Whatever, maybe I'm just missing something.[/quote]You're missing the fact that it's $39.99 and not $19.99. It's a PH but doesn't cost the same as a normal PH.[/quote]
Exactly, the GTA double pack for Ps2 was a greatest hit and it was priced at 39.99 when it came out.

[quote name='lyric706']Anyone else have any advice on what to do next? District manager, perhaps?[/quote]

My advice is to not waste your time. There's no law that says they have to give it to you at that price (though I'm sure some "legal eagle" cheap-ass is gonna chime in that they do :roll: ). I looked WAY into this a few weeks ago with a Best Buy offer. It's always worth a try, once per store. Beyond that you're making an ass of yourself. Not a cheap-ass, an ASS.

[quote name='petewhitley'][quote name='lyric706']Anyone else have any advice on what to do next? District manager, perhaps?[/quote]

My advice is to not waste your time. There's no law that says they have to give it to you at that price (though I'm sure some "legal eagle" cheap-ass is gonna chime in that they do :roll: ). I looked WAY into this a few weeks ago with a Best Buy offer. It's always worth a try, once per store. Beyond that you're making an ass of yourself. Not a cheap-ass, an ASS.[/quote]

He's not mad that they didn't give him the price.....he is mad because they acted like douchebags.

i'll try at Meijer, they price match. i worked there and they never refused a return or price match from anyone.....

update: went to the local walmart, in Grandville, MI. brought the game up to the cashier and showed her the target ad. she rang it up and the register automatically alerted a manger who promptly came over and stated "Good deal!!!!!" and approved it.

[quote name='thegamer4787']
You're missing the fact that it's $39.99 and not $19.99. It's a PH but doesn't cost the same as a normal PH.

I see. I thought the $20 price point was part of the definition of "Platinum Hit" but I guess not.[/quote]

it's three 3 tres games, not one game. so it cost more. you're getting a deal even at the $40 price because it should retail at $60 if each game were priced individually.

bread's done
Back