James Cameron (director of Titanic) has found the tomb of Jesus?

Maklershed

CAGiversary!
Feedback
77 (100%)
(credit to digg)

http://time-blog.com/middle_east/2007/02/jesus_tales_from_the_crypt.html

Brace yourself. James Cameron, the man who brought you 'The Titanic' is back with another blockbuster. This time, the ship he's sinking is Christianity.

In a new documentary, Producer Cameron and his director, Simcha Jacobovici, make the starting claim that Jesus wasn't resurrected --the cornerstone of Christian faith-- and that his burial cave was discovered near Jerusalem. And, get this, Jesus sired a son with Mary Magdelene.

No, it's not a re-make of "The Da Vinci Codes'. It's supposed to be true.
Let's go back 27 years, when Israeli construction workers were gouging out the foundations for a new building in the industrial park in the Talpiyot, a Jerusalem suburb. of Jerusalem. The earth gave way, revealing a 2,000 year old cave with 10 stone caskets. Archologists were summoned, and the stone caskets carted away for examination. It took 20 years for experts to decipher the names on the ten tombs. They were: Jesua, son of Joseph, Mary, Mary, Mathew, Jofa and Judah, son of Jesua.
Israel's prominent archeologist Professor Amos Kloner didn't associate the crypt with the New Testament Jesus. His father, after all, was a humble carpenter who couldn't afford a luxury crypt for his family. And all were common Jewish names.

There was also this little inconvenience that a few miles away, in the old city of Jerusalem, Christians for centuries had been worshipping the empty tomb of Christ at the Church of the Holy Sepulcher. Christ's resurrection, after all, is the main foundation of the faith, proof that a boy born to a carpenter's wife in a manger is the Son of God.

But film-makers Cameron and Jacobovici claim to have amassed evidence through DNA tests, archeological evidence and Biblical studies, that the 10 coffins belong to Jesus and his family.
Ever the showman, (Why does this remind me of the impresario in another movie,"King Kong", whose hubris blinds him to the dangers of an angry and very large ape?) Cameron is holding a New York press conference on Monday at which he will reveal three coffins, supposedly those of Jesus of Nazareth, his mother Mary and Mary Magdalene. News about the film, which will be shown soon on Discovery Channel, Britain's Channel 4, Canada's Vision, and Israel's Channel 8, has been a hot blog topic in the Middle East (check out a personal favorite: Israelity Bites) Here in the Holy Land, Biblical Archeology is a dangerous profession. This 90-minute documentary is bound to outrage Christians and stir up a titanic debate between believers and skeptics. Stay tuned.

--Tim McGirk/Jerusalem

He's crazy and full of it, but so are people who believe in dead people coming back to life.

What to do?

[quote name='Dead of Knight']Why the fuck is a movie director gravedigging trying to prove a religion wrong that's so important to millions of people? What an attention whore.[/QUOTE]

Umm, didn't you even read the OP? The crypt was actually dug up over 20 years ago and now he's investigating it. It even says at the end that the film will be shown soon. Its not like he hasn't done documentaries before...

[quote name='Dead of Knight']Why the fuck is a movie director gravedigging trying to prove a religion wrong that's so important to millions of people? What an attention whore.[/QUOTE]

Oh, c'mon now, you know you wanted a sequel to the blockbuster hit "The Passion of the Christ"!

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Umm, didn't you even read the OP? The crypt was actually dug up over 20 years ago and now he's investigating it. My assumption would be that he's making a documentary on it..[/quote]
Did you read the OP? ;) :lol:

In a new documentary, Producer Cameron and his director, Simcha Jacobovici, make the starting claim that Jesus wasn't resurrected --the cornerstone of Christian faith-- and that his burial cave was discovered near Jerusalem. And, get this, Jesus sired a son with Mary Magdelene.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Umm, didn't you even read the OP? The crypt was actually dug up over 20 years ago and now he's investigating it. It even says at the end that the film will be shown soon. Its not like he hasn't done documentaries before...[/QUOTE]

The point of the matter is is he's holding a press conference that's supposed to have the coffins of Jesus, the Virgin Mary, and Mary Magdalene. If that's not the workings of a douchebag attention whore, then I don't know what is.

And I'm not a religious person at all. I just know asshattery when I see it.

For some reason I see this thread headed to vs., the way any thread even remotely dealing with religion has shaped up the last few weeks.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Did you read the OP? ;) :lol:[/QUOTE]

Now why would you go and change my post after you quoted it?

;)

The press conference should at least get Anna Nicole Smith and Brittney Spears off the news for a day. And who knows? This could actually turn out to be pretty cool.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Now why would you go and change my post after you quoted it?

;)[/quote]
Change? Oh I see, you edited your post after I quoted you after you realized that the ironing is delicious. ;)

[quote name='botticus']For some reason I see this thread headed to vs., the way any thread even remotely dealing with religion has shaped up the last few weeks.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I think just any religion topic should just be made in the vs. forum.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']The point of the matter is is he's holding a press conference that's supposed to have the coffins of Jesus and Mary Magdalene. If that's not the workings of a douchebag attention whore, then I don't know what is.

And I'm not a religious person at all. I just know asshattery when I see it.[/QUOTE]

Well if its true though it is kind of big deal. I mean it shakes the foundation of one of the 2 largest religions in the world. Then again, it'll be universally denounced as being false anyway so what's the difference. Religion isn't really known for its open-mindedness to begin with, let alone something that could affect them so strongly.

I can't really disagree about the guy being a douche bag. Anyone remember his oh so humble acceptance of his Academy Award for Titanic? "I'm the kind of the world" Well, good to know its not going to that asshat holding head of his...:roll: Let's not forget how he left his wife for one of the actresses of Titanic. The guy's only out for one person, himself. He's not doing this documentary because of his interest, he's doing it to become even more famous.

All that having been said, I am curious to know what the press conference has to say on Monday and how conclusive his proof will be.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Change? Oh I see, you edited your post after I quoted you after you realized that the ironing is delicious. ;)[/QUOTE]
Edit? Hmm, I don't see any notification at the end of my post about an edit...

Actually, what happened is I wrote that and submitted it, then realized that I thought I had read about a documentary, went back to the original post to confirm it, and edited my post to reflect my oversight.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Well if its true though it is kind of big deal. I mean it shakes the foundation of one of the 2 largest religions in the world. Then again, it'll be universally denounced as being false anyway so what's the difference. Religion isn't really known for its open-mindedness to begin with, let alone something that could affect them so strongly.

I can't really disagree about the guy being a douche bag. Anyone remember his oh so humble acceptance of his Academy Award for Titanic? "I'm the kind of the world" Well, good to know its not going to that asshat holding head of his...:roll: Let's not forget how he left his wife for one of the actresses of Titanic. The guy's only out for one person, himself. He's not doing this documentary because of his interest, he's doing it to become even more famous.

All that having been said, I am curious to know what the press conference has to say on Monday and how conclusive his proof will be.[/QUOTE]

QFT with all of this. This is interesting shit, but it sure is shady coming from this douchebag.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Well if its true though it is kind of big deal. I mean it shakes the foundation of one of the 2 largest religions in the world. Then again, it'll be universally denounced as being false anyway so what's the difference. Religion isn't really known for its open-mindedness to begin with, let alone something that could affect them so strongly.

All that having been said, I am curious to know what the press conference has to say on Monday and how conclusive his proof will be.[/quote]I'm always curious how conclusive DNA evidence regarding historical figures is. I guess they tend to find some way to validate it, damned if I understand it though. Unless the DNA evidence is just to prove that the guy in the Judah coffin is the son of the guy in the Jesua coffin.

Definitely curious to see how this turns out.

This will just confuse all those retards who thought that the da vinci code, the shroud of turin and Jesus's magic powers were real. So many conflicting things will make their head explode.

I eagerly await the sequels, jews and muslims are in a for a real shocker. Im sure the last in his series of docus will prove that scientology is the only true religion.

Im also interested to find out how they got God to give up a DNA sample to prove it's his son. How would they know who it's from? Does it glow rainbow colors and take the form of a perfect cross on a DNA printout sheet?

[quote name='Dead of Knight']QFT with all of this. This is interesting shit, but it sure is shady coming from this douchebag.[/QUOTE]

I'm just gonna be pissed if king of all assholes himself is the one who destroys christianity.

The funny thing is, even if Jesus didn't come back to life, should it really change his message of love and forgiveness toward your fellow man? I say no, but then again I'm mostly atheist so what the fuck do I know...

The problem is that religion has become less about the overall message and more about the dogma and "rituals" associated with it.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']I'm just gonna be pissed if king of all assholes himself is the one who destroys christianity.

The funny thing is, even if Jesus didn't come back to life, should it really change his message of love and forgiveness toward your fellow man? I say no, but then again I'm mostly atheist so what the fuck do I know...

The problem is that religion has become less about the overall message and more about the dogma and "rituals" associated with it.[/quote]Not that I really want to be the one to take this into the "discussion" territory... While you're generally correct, you also have to understand that the one or two dozen sects of Christianity can't agree on anything anyway. As far as resurrection goes... do I really think my body is going to get up on out of my grave when I die and go wherever it is I will go? Uh, no. So do I really think Jesus' woke up and pushed the rock out of the way and wandered out into town? No. So the discovery of a body doesn't really do much for me there.

Only thing that perturbs me about it is all the anti-religion crowd will jump on it and annoy me just the same.

[quote name='Noodle Pirate!']
Im also interested to find out how they got God to give up a DNA sample to prove it's his son. How would they know who it's from? Does it glow rainbow colors and take the form of a perfect cross on a DNA printout sheet?[/QUOTE]

Yeah seriously, how are they going to conclusively prove this is actually Jesus?

[quote name='Dead of Knight']Yeah seriously, how are they going to conclusively prove this is actually Jesus?[/QUOTE]

chances are they won't, which is too bad....but, even if they could, all the religious crazies would just say it is false and the work of the devil....

i hope this is true though, it would finally prove that I, along with so many, are correct in saying that religion is a waste of time and money and only exists for church officials to get rich and that there is no such thing as god, jesus, etc.....

The only thing it seems they will be able to prove is that this guy is this woman's son, and that this guy was married to this woman. That's all. How are they specifically going to know who these people are?

[quote name='botticus']Only thing that perturbs me about it is all the anti-religion crowd will jump on it and annoy me just the same.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. They're actually working their way up to being as annoying as the diehard religious fanatics lately.

I'll check it out one day. I'm a documentary whore.

I'm just hoping that one day people realize that everyone has a different belief(s) and its their choice to believe what they do. None of us knows whats right or wrong. So just live your life the best you can.

[quote name='Yoohoo1231']Agreed. They're actually working their way up to being as annoying as the diehard religious fanatics lately.[/QUOTE]

Nah.. they still have a ways to go.

Interesting, but I'm not going to put much "faith" into it. I'm Atheist, but chances are this is some misleading, gimmicky documentary with warped "facts" and such.

And besides.. how the hell do you determine from DNA who someone that lived 2000 years ago was? It's not like they have anything to compare it to!

[quote name='tholly']chances are they won't, which is too bad....but, even if no such thing as jesus, etc.....[/quote]

Now I am not religious (I consider myself being spiritual as I take religion as forms of philosphy) but your retarded if you think there was no Jesus. There is proof that the was a man named that who was a carpenter's son that became a figure head and had many followers.

[quote name='botticus']
Only thing that perturbs me about it is all the anti-religion crowd will jump on it and annoy me just the same.[/QUOTE]

Either that or the pro-religion crowd will continue to annoy with the opposite. Nobody wins!

how much you wanan bet a bunch of movie execs have a big bible on their board room table and every so often they cover their eyes and thumb through it and wherever someone puts their finger they choose that to be the next film to come out? which i dont think movies based on bible stories is a bad idea but you just know they will cheese it up somehow. im still wondering wtf was the big deal with passion of the christ. that movie was such a joke but yet peopel were willing to kill and fight over it. and yeah i saw the passion and i have to say the book was alot better than the film.

[quote name='fart_bubble']Now I am not religious (I consider myself being spiritual as I take religion as forms of philosphy) but your retarded if you think there was no Jesus. There is proof that the was a man named that who was a carpenter's son that became a figure head and had many followers.[/QUOTE]

sure there was a jesus....i wasn't refereing to jesus as existing, i was refering to jesus as the jesus who was "god" and who "was resurrected".....all that is a bunch of lies......sure there probably was some son of a carpenter somewhere named jesus.....that doesn't mean much though.....

I'm predicting the following article will appear shortly from the AP...

Today in Egypt, James Cameron was set to reveal the three stone caskets which he claims are part of the gravesite of the family of Jesus. His latest documentary argues that not only Jesus was never resurrected but had a child with Mary Magdelene. The three caskets on display are suposed to be from Jesus, Mary, and his conjectured son, Judah.

Unfortunately, today's media event was disrupted when a rumbling began to eminate from the casket labeled, "Jesua," the casket for Jesus. Moments later the lid of the casket blew off and in a cloud of dust, the risen Christ raised up from his grave. The first reported words of Jesus upon the shocked crowd were, "It's a trap!"

[quote name='The Crotch']I consider myself rather neutral on this subject (but leaning towards the affirmative). Source me, or Gee Tee Eff Oh.[/quote]

There is the passage in the book that collected jewish history at that time called "Jewish Antiquites"

About this time arose Jesus, a wise man, who did good deeds and whose virtues were recognized. And many Jews and people of other nations became his disciples. Pilate condemned him to be crucified and to die. However, those who became his disciples preached his doctrine. They related that he had appeared to them three days after his crucifixion and that he was alive. Perhaps he was the Messiah in connection with whom the prophets foretold wonders. [Josephus, Jewish Antiquities, XVIII 3.2]

And then there is several passages of him in the jewish book Talmud, though its still up to debate what what those texts actually say about him.

What I've always said about hollywood documentaries, if the things you speak of are true, why not show it on the news? Why make a fancy 2 hour hollywood film? There hasn't ever been a documentary I've seen that just shows fact, they always just throw in personal opinions even if they don't infact know its true.

Bah, I like James Cameron but this is stupid.

bread's done
Back