Gamestop 25% off Xbox (Original) Items

Rollobobo

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1372 (100%)
So my buddy who manages Gamestop told me that they have a 25% off all original Xbox merchandise. I would also imagine the edge card should stack. It may be time to grab all that last minute xbox stuff you have been waiting on.

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']I'll have to drop by and see if they have KotOR in, it doesn't work on Vista :([/QUOTE]

works fine on vista 32 for me.

[quote name='The Nephilim']works fine on vista 32 for me.[/QUOTE]

I keep getting a crash right when I start. I've tried every fix in the book :(

[quote name='safire']Steel Battalion time? A somewhat local gamestop allegedly has 2 bundles.[/quote]

I was looking for this last year and one of my GS's had the game but they couldn't find the controller in their back room, so call ahead and be sure to ask them to look for both things (and the controller has 3 parts that connect together...two joysticks and a throttle) before making a out of the way trip.

I eventually found a complete bundle and personally, I found its coolness far exceeded its fun....it took me several hours to figure out how not to die/complete the opening training level.

[quote name='jp0213']When you say all Xbox stuff, does that also mean consoles?[/quote]

I saw the little round signs yesterday when I was picking stuff up during the b2g1, it said "xbox games and accesories" made no mention of the system itself. :(

Hmm, may have to see if one of my local Gamestop's has an XBox netwok adapter so I can finally get some wireless lovin for my 360.

[quote name='jp0213']I would say nationwide since it is on the website.[/quote]
I'm probably blind as hell, cause I don't see anything about that. Got a link?

[quote name='PvtChurch']Hmm, may have to see if one of my local Gamestop's has an XBox netwok adapter so I can finally get some wireless lovin for my 360.[/quote]First item I thought of as well, but for my Xbox1 in a different room from the router.

Can anyone post any good pickups for the xbox that would be worth 35% off?

I got silent hill 2 restless dreams and it works great in my xbox 360. Maybe once or twice there was some white textures but nothing that ruined game play.

had to travel a bit but got:
guilty gear x2 reloaded
red dead revolver

and incredibly....
Fatal Frame 2

I really wanted to get shenmue 2, but the only copy i found was really busted.

[quote name='lakers310']On the website it says it expires 5/10. Maybe this is only temporary?[/QUOTE]

These last-gen-25% sales are always temporary. Except the GBA/C one, that's a nationwide clearance.

i can't believe the entire Steel battalion bundle is only 50 bucks! gah! ppl are spending three times that much on an arcade stick to play Street Fighter

Can't believe it's not BC....what a shame

[quote name='lakers310']On the website it says it expires 5/10. Maybe this is only temporary?[/quote]

Yeah, it's only temporary - because on 5/10 they'll increase the discount to 50% off or a B2G1 or B1G1...this is the start of the clearance...

[quote name='karkyco']Yeah, it's only temporary - because on 5/10 they'll increase the discount to 50% off or a B2G1 or B1G1...this is the start of the clearance...[/quote]

Yep, I just called the Walt Whitman mall location, they packed up all the original xbox games to ship out, apparently this is all the individual managers decision at the moment, but (I believe) it's the beginning of the end for all original xbox games at all locations.

Man...everywhere I go for the few I want are disc only WTF.

I am going to have to forget about my collectionist tendencies and just man up and get it before they are gone permanently.

I would definitely agree that this is the beginning of a GS clearance. When 25% ends, they will either extend it, if they are moving product well, or they will increase the discount, if everything is still sitting there.

I heard about this last week, but never got around to posting about it.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']I would definitely agree that this is the beginning of a GS clearance. When 25% ends, they will either extend it, if they moving product well, or they will increase the discount, if everything is still sitting there.

I heard about this last week, but never got around to posting about it.[/quote]
Yeah, when I first seen the thread I thought it was you that put it up. I've really got most of the games that I want from the Xbox era. Not too many left that I would really want. Most of the games around here are disc only anyways and that just doesn't do it for me.

Yeah, older stuff is generally in such shitty condition at GS, no discount could really motivate me to pick anything up. I've seen so many bent and ripped manuals and inserts. How do people ruin the inserts, anyway? I can only imagine what the discs would look like.

Plus, I don't have an original Xbox, and many of the games I am interested in are not BC...big surprise.

I'm waiting for the console itself to get discounted. I'll probably pick up all of them that I can. Good for parts.

I might consider getting a really, really cheap console. I just don't know where I'd put it. What was the attrition rate of the original Xbox like? Is there a good chance of getting a dud?

I really don't know. One of my 3 current Xboxes I've had since 2003. The drive is starting to die but other than that I've never had any problems with. Throw some XBMC on those beasties and you have a perfect media center device to plug into your tv. Great things the original xbox.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']I might consider getting a really, really cheap console. I just don't know where I'd put it. What was the attrition rate of the original Xbox like? Is there a good chance of getting a dud?[/quote]

I don't know, but I've had my launch system since day 1 and it's still working fine. My opinion is that the original xbox was designed way better (and therefore far more reliable) than the xbox 360. I think the dvd drive would most likely wear out first, but those can be easily replaced yourself if you can find the correct part.

Picked up today (prices including edge discount):
Panzer Dragoon Orta x2 $4.54
King of Fighters 2002/2003 $5.19
King of Fighters Neowave $5.84
Guilty Gear X2 x2 $3.89
Alien vs Predator Extinction $11.04
Call of Cthulhu $8.44
Shemue II - $3.89
Sega GT 2002/Jet Set Radio Future x3 - $0.64 (lol)
Red Ninja - $3.24
Outrun 2 - $3.24
Gun Valkyrie - $3.24
Castlevania: Curse of Darkness - $6.49
Dino Crisis 3 - $5.19

I think I'm probably going to return the non-BC ones in the next couple days.

Uh, I'm on my seventh xbox1. Won one in the taco bell contest (1). Died within 6 months, sent back a broken refurb (2) to me that the drive wouldn't open and smelled like it was burning, received another refurb (3) which died a couple years later. Received another broken refurb (4) which had something metal (maybe a small screwdriver) that rolled around inside it, sent iit back after arguing that it could be a problem and received another refurb (5) which worked well for a few years until the audio started to disappear and then continue where it left off a few minutes later (probably just the DVD drive which I may replace). Bought a used one at GS (6), but it had issues so I swapped it within 30 days and got a pristine xbox (7) that has a manufactured date near the end of production. And I treat all my electonics impeccably well, my NES, PS1, everything work flawlessly. I would like to get a backup xbox just in case as I have a huge catalog of games. I got so many recently in B2G1s that I had to store a bunch and can't remember which ones I have and which I still want to get!

At a local GS, the xbox selection already looked thin compared to last I looked. Also, the knowledgeable employee told me the 25% didn't apply to consoles. He also said he used something besides the official wireless xbox unit for wireless internet. Any ideas on that? I thought it had to be the official one to work with an xbox.

[quote name='wreckemtexastech']have we come to a conclusion if this can be done online? Im looking for KOTOR II but there isnt one 'round here..[/quote]

My only experience with a Gamestop long-term clearance was with Game Boy stuff. With that, the online prices never changed, while the in-store prices eventually fell to 75% off.

[quote name='kidrocklive']figures the games I want my GS doesn't have nor are they online

Fatal Frame 1 and 2
Stubs the Zombie
Max Payne 1 and 2

all for xbox[/quote]

Max Payne 1 and 2 are now available as xbox originals, for download. Could be a good way to go, especially considering that you don't need to insert discs when you want to play them, etc.

Just a thought...

[quote name='Tsukento']Yeah, the discount only applies for games.

Get 25% off all used Xbox game purchases.[/quote]I'm 99% sure the signage at the store I was at today said games AND accessories. Plus, the employee there corrects every little mistake and when I went from asking if the console was eligible for the discount to discussing the wireless adapter, he didn't point out it was eligible either and he would have if he could.

[quote name='natefuller232']Max Payne 1 and 2 are now available as xbox originals, for download. Could be a good way to go, especially considering that you don't need to insert discs when you want to play them, etc.

Just a thought...[/quote]Considering those games were somewhere around 1.99 or maybe 3.99 used at GS, 15 each is a rip. I recommend the PC version if you can scratch em up, especially for 2 as only the PC had the survival mode and of course mods. Considering looking for those two just cause it's my favorite series ever.

Just posting what the site says. My guess is it's dependent on the store if they wanna add accessories or even the systems.

And agreed, just get Max Payne 1 and 2 from GameStop since they'll both be under $5 together, as opposed to $30 together from Xbox Marketplace.

bread's done
Back