Spider-Man: Web of Shadows Xbox 360 $14.99 at Best Buy YMMV

mrw423

CAGiversary!
(My first deal thread, so plz be gentle if this was posted elsewhere or I'm screwin up somehow :p)

I went to BB today (Reston, VA) and saw Spider-Man: Web of Shadows for $14.99 for Xbox360. It had an "as advertised" sticker on it and I couldn't find any copies for any other systems, so I don't know if the price is good for the PS3 version as well. I can't find it on the BB online site, so this definitely looks to be a clearance item that they are just trying to get rid of.

Not a bad price for a mediocre game :)

Good luck

If anyone can comfirm......I'm HOPING that the ps3 version is also being clearanced.......unfortunately 360 versions of games always seem to be $10-$20 less than ps3 versions due to the high 360 consoles sold.....

[quote name='mrw423'](My first deal thread, so plz be gentle if this was posted elsewhere or I'm screwin up somehow :p)

I went to BB today (Reston, VA) and saw Spider-Man: Web of Shadows for $14.99 for Xbox360. It had an "as advertised" sticker on it and I couldn't find any copies for any other systems, so I don't know if the price is good for the PS3 version as well. I can't find it on the BB online site, so this definitely looks to be a clearance item that they are just trying to get rid of.

Not a bad price for a mediocre game :)

Good luck[/QUOTE]

I noticed this myself in Reston and the Fairlakes location a few weeks ago.

[quote name='revsmitty']I noticed this myself in Reston and the Fairlakes location a few weeks ago.[/QUOTE]

Did you happen to notice a PS3 version at Fair Lakes? Cause I'd definitely pick it up for my PS3 at that price. (I'm a 360-hater, can't help it)

Actually, I just checked eBay; most of the X360 copies are going for $10-$20, so this isn't that great of a deal :/

The PS3 version is still going for about $20-$30, so my guess is that this is an X360 exclusive thing.

[quote name='Nebenator']I may stop by the one in Reston, but I'm not sure how good the game is.[/QUOTE]

It's a pretty good sandbox game. The combo system is simple and satisfying, the story and dialogue are fun (lots of great Spidey one-liners). The combat engine is repetitive though and the game's version of Manhattan just doesn't seem that interesting.

I'm playing through it right now. I got it at Target for $12.49 on clearance a couple of months back. I think it's a good value for $15, but not much higher. Should be worth about a week of web-swinging fun.

I bought this game a while ago during one of those B2G1 sales at Gamestop and loved every minute of it. I think it's a great game and well worth $15-$35 easily. So for this price it's a steal.

(Disclaimer: As a huge Spidey fan, I may be a bit biased.)

[quote name='Gamehead']I'm gonna check out my BB in Laurel, MD to see if they have one. Hopefully they do.[/QUOTE]

I bought one at the Glen Burnie best buy about a month ago, they may still have them if you cant find one @ laurel

I bought this at best buy a few weeks back as part of the buy one get one half price offer. It was 14.99 then, so I think it's been this price for a while now. Pretty shabby game, IMO.

This game is fantastic for the price. Go ahead and pick it up. RIP Shaba Games. I almost don't want to endorse picking it up, since douchebag filled Activision gets more money.

Can vouch for the YMMVness of this and BB markdowns in general. Of a half-dozen local stores I visit, only one has markdowns like this.

[quote name='johnsdoe00']I bought this game a while ago during one of those B2G1 sales at Gamestop and loved every minute of it. I think it's a great game and well worth $15-$35 easily. So for this price it's a steal.

(Disclaimer: As a huge Spidey fan, I may be a bit biased.)
[/QUOTE]

lmao at your Spoiler ^^

[quote name='mrw423']Did you happen to notice a PS3 version at Fair Lakes? Cause I'd definitely pick it up for my PS3 at that price. (I'm a 360-hater, can't help it)[/QUOTE]

Sorry, I don't shop the PS3 games.

Damn none at any BB's near me. I was really wanting this also. May need to check ebay. And revsmitty I dig your jersey, I think I may need to pick up my Broncos jersey

EDIT- Well I just picked one up for $10 new off ebay, had to use my ebay bucks though. Im glad I got into that beta.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got back from my BB (Northcrest Shopping Ctr in Fort Wayne, IN) and they had about 15 copies priced at $30. I had one scanned and it was $15. Thanks OP I've been looking for this cheap for awhile.

I still can't find this at the two BB's I have been to :whistle2:(

Edit: I should just get it on eBay for $15 and save on gas.

Last edited by a moderator:
for those interested, the BB in Mountain View, CA (off Charleston) has two new copies left at $14.99.

They've also got a large back wall and small front desk of clearance games; multiple platforms.

Very fun game, in my opinion. If you love the comics and the Spiderman games you'll find a lot to love here. I payed full price on release day and I wasn't disappointed. It is a bit short and not overly challenging, ( I don't remember there being a difficulty setting ) but other than that great game.

Good buy, can't wait to pick this up at my local BB, or maybe Ebay, but I think I have a tad bit left on my BB gift card from last Xmas.

I personally really enjoyed Spider-man 3 the game. The bad reviews on that game were simply wrong. It's very obvious too that everybody just assumed Spider-man 3 was a movie game. It really wasn't a movie game. Stuff from the movie took up maybe 20% of the whole game. The only mission that I felt was a bit too Ninja Gaiden-like harsh was the one with all the lizards! The mission also didn't make any sense.

Basically you were supposed to put these canisters inside a water bomb type thing so the liquid cure for Lizardism would go into the water system (I think). All these human sized mutant lizards would swarm you and you'd have to protect the canister-in-a-bomb until it exploded. Made no sense because the lizards would just break the canister and the cure would just go in the water anyhow.

Anyhow, I look forward to Web of Shadows. I hope they didn't change it too much, particularly the web slinging through the city.

I got to spend about 2 hrs with this game. It seems the auto-assist is cranked up a bit too much. Probably because of that, there's a delayed command in the jump charge. Very noticeable. Otherwise, pretty fun sandbox Spidey game.

Graphics are above average, and searching for Spider-symbols and leveling up are fun.

bread's done
Back