Q: Most memorable movie character with least screen time...

jmcc

CAGiversary!
It's hard to vote against Jesus Quintana, I think, but any other picks are welcome.

[quote name='Ledhed']That's the John Turturro character in The Big Lebowski, right? Because that's exactly what I was going to say.[/QUOTE]

Yeah. You can't fück with the Jesus! Though, that guy who recieves Miho's "message" in Sin City is a close second.

Boba Fett. Uttering enough words that you can barely count on both hands and yet he's become a cult status icon:

Fett on keeping Han Solo in one piece - "He's worth a lot to me."

[quote name='jaykrue']Boba Fett. Uttering enough words that you can barely count on both hands and yet he's become a cult status icon:

Fett on keeping Han Solo in one piece - "He's worth a lot to me."[/QUOTE]

So right.

Darth Maul.....

well....

maybe....

i mean.....

memorable "character" implies some peraonality traits.....

but... he was pretty evil looking....

and he technically was the "Phantom Menace"

but....

i dunno.

we just needed a whole game centered around maul to flesh his importance...
not Obi-Wan....

ah... i got it!

ackbar.jpg

[quote name='joystickz']Darth Maul.....

well....

maybe....

i mean.....

but....

i dunno.

not Obi-Wan....[/QUOTE]

No way, Fett did way more with way less screentime (talking original trilogy only, not Boba as a little kid).

[quote name='joystickz']Darth Maul.....

well....

maybe....

i mean.....

but....

i dunno.

not Obi-Wan....[/QUOTE]

I think Boba Fett wins it hands down as Maul had more screen time overall than Fett yet Fett is iconic as ever (not counting Jango).

If they hadn't cheesed out on Fett's death, I'd go with him. But as it stands, I'll have to second a vote for Darth Maul. Him VS Obi Wan & Qui Gon = best lightsaber duel ever.

Fett was done in by a blind man with a big stick.

[quote name='Birbo']If they hadn't cheesed out on Fett's death, I'd go with him. But as it stands, I'll have to second a vote for Darth Maul. Him VS Obi Wan & Qui Gon = best lightsaber duel ever.

Fett was done in by a blind man with a big stick.[/QUOTE]

Well, we're not talking about coolest death or best fight. The topic is who was more memorable with the least amount of screen time and that would go to Fett. If we're talking about pure coolness, then I think they're about equal.

Even though he sucked in the movie version, you gotta put Greivous up there. I think he becomes memorable if only cause he's the first time (I think) you see a non-Jedi use a lightsaber in combat. Though he woulda been even cooler if he didn't, you know, suck in the movie.

[quote name='javeryh']Gollum in Fellowship of the Ring.[/QUOTE]

Can't be him since he had a healthy amount of screen time.

[quote name='karsh']Even though he sucked in the movie version, you gotta put Greivous up there. I think he becomes memorable if only cause he's the first time (I think) you see a non-Jedi use a lightsaber in combat. Though he woulda been even cooler if he didn't, you know, suck in the movie.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I agree. If only they used the Cartoon Network Clone Wars version....

[quote name='jaykrue']Can't be him since he had a healthy amount of screen time.[/QUOTE]

Not in FotR he didn't. But he had plenty in the other films.

[quote name='Ledhed']Not in FotR he didn't. But he had plenty in the other films.[/QUOTE]

True but in comparison to Boba Fett? Gollum was in all 3 movies and had a lot of screen in the last 2 while Boba didn't appear until the Empire and had probably the same amount of screen time total in both Empire/Return as Gollum in ONE of his movies.

[quote name='jaykrue']Can't be him since he had a healthy amount of screen time.[/QUOTE]

I don't think so - maybe 30 seconds out of 3 hours? There was a little dialogue about him too but not much at all...

[quote name='javeryh']I don't think so - maybe 30 seconds out of 3 hours? There was a little dialogue about him too but not much at all...[/QUOTE]

I'm not just referring to FotR. I'm comparing total screen time across the LotR trilogy vs. Fett's total screen time across the original SW trilogy.

[quote name='jaykrue']I'm not just referring to FotR. I'm comparing total screen time across the LotR trilogy vs. Fett's total screen time across the original SW trilogy.[/QUOTE]

OK - I was just looking at one movie in particualr rather than a series...

Here's another:

"Elvis" in True Romance

when i saw the title to this thread, i was also thinking jesus from the big lebowski.

"I would have fucked you in the ass saturday, i fuck you in the ass next wednesday instead."

the other character i thought of was the one from the opening scene of "happiness" played by jon lovitz. i think his name is andy.

"you think I'm shit? well, you're wrong, because i'm champagne, and you're shit. until the day you die, you, not me, will always be shit."

[quote name='Ledhed']That's the John Turturro character in The Big Lebowski, right? Because that's exactly what I was going to say.[/QUOTE]

Yea he was awesome. I think he is the best.

Kevin Spacey from Se7en

"Little Face" from Dick Tracy (Sorry that's just the kid in me sneaking out)

[quote name='bobo2k4']Winston Wolf from pulp fiction.[/QUOTE]

I dunno. Having him in the movie any longer than necessary kind of defeats the whole idea of his character. He's only around long enough to take care of what needs taking care of, and then he's gone. That's his character in a nutshell.

To better express my point: would it have felt right seeing him eating breakfast with Vince and Jules right after the incident was settled? No. He has no reason to be there. Therefore, he wouldn't be there.

[quote name='SDMeslow']The "I'll have what she's having" woman from When Harry Met Sally.[/QUOTE]

...who is the director's mother. There is a funny interview where Rob Reiner (the director) is talking about directing a fake orgasm scene in front of his own mother. That having been said, Billy Crystal is amazingly annoying/overrated.

Back on topic, Fett is the winner

As an honorable mention what about the Russian assassin named Kirill in the Bourne Supremacy. An amazing job, given his 3 lines of dialogue.

38m.jpg

Donnel Rawlings from Spiderman 2. Hes the one who said, "He just stole that guys pizza!" He was also in Chappelles show.

[quote name='bobo2k4']Winston Wolf from pulp fiction.[/QUOTE]

I thought Christopher Walken's character was awesome. He should have been squeezed in somewhere else.

[quote name='jaykrue']Boba Fett. Uttering enough words that you can barely count on both hands and yet he's become a cult status icon:

Fett on keeping Han Solo in one piece - "He's worth a lot to me."[/QUOTE]

Yes.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']Droopy in Who Framed Roger Rabbit?.

Best

Cameo

Ever.[/QUOTE]

I think you can pretty much say that about all the cartoon cameos. :lol: And I gotta say casting Christopher Lloyd as a toon in disguise was pretty good. He's definitely a character.:bouncy:

[quote name='jaykrue']I think you can pretty much say that about all the cartoon cameos. :lol: And I gotta say casting Christopher Lloyd as a toon in disguise was pretty good. He's definitely a character.:bouncy:[/QUOTE]

God, I am going to have to pull out my VHS of it. I really need to buy the DVD someday.

Boba "as you wish" Fett

he was so cool they added more footage of him in the new versions of star wars and had to put his dad in the prequels just to make people go watch them.

[quote name='trytej']Donnel Rawlings from Spiderman 2. Hes the one who said, "He just stole that guys pizza!" He was also in Chappelles show.[/QUOTE]
that was one of the few highlights for me from that movie.

[quote name='trytej']Donnel Rawlings from Spiderman 2. Hes the one who said, "He just stole that guys pizza!" He was also in Chappelles show.[/QUOTE]

ASHY LARRY!!

I'm going to have to add another vote for Fett.

One of the other posts listed Maul as the "Phantom Menace". I don't really think that he was the phantom menace, but whatever.

I'd have to vote for Maul in a smallest part best fight scene....if he hadn't just stood there, watched Obi-Wan jump over his head and slice him in half. If he was half the warrior that he showed in the first part of the fight, Obi-Wan should have came down in pieces. (see similar scene in Revenge of the Sith but with Obi-Wan having the high ground).

TBW

[quote name='AngellicLulu']How bout Bruce Campbell's role in Spiderman as the announcer dude...[/QUOTE]

You don't think his performance as "Snooty Usher" in Spider-Man 2 was better?

[quote name='jmcc']You don't think his performance as "Snooty Usher" in Spider-Man 2 was better?[/QUOTE]

It was better but I think the first one was more memorable because he technically gave him the amazing Spider-man name (and The Human Spider truly is a terrible name).

bread's done
Back