FYE Friends and Family- 40% BM, 15% online YMMV

hotwls13

CAGiversary!
Feedback
89 (100%)
I got this from Slickdeals. Thanks rogalskij.

FYE Friends and Family- 2 options:

1. Online valid now through 12/15/05 11:59pm PST, 15% off Promotion Code 15FF2005.

2. B&M 12/2/05 only, coupon attached, 40% off regular price merchandise.

Linkified

Addtional details below:

1. Shop online and save 15% off the sale price of all Music, Movies, Books, Electronics, Software at fye.com Add items to cart On shopping cart page in Order Summary Section enter in Promotion Code 15FF2005 15% will be deducted from each qualifing item andtotal discountamount will appear in Value section Discount/Promtions
Proceed to checkout and complete checkout process

Coupon valid now through 12/15/05 11:59pm PST

Not valid on Gift Cards, Game Hardware, Game Software, Downloads. Can not be combined with any other offer.

2. Go to a local FYE store on December 2nd (go to www.fye.com/locations to find a store near you) and present the attached coupon.

Here's what you will save if you make a purchse in store on 12/2/05 40% off regular price for all Music, Video, DVD, Storage, Boutique, Blank Tape and

Maintenance products 30% off regular price for all Used product 30% off regular price for select Electronics 20% off regular price for all Video Game Software Video game hardware, concert tickets, gift cards, iPods and Backstage Pass memberships are excluded from this extra discount. These discounts apply to regular price. The Backstage Pass discount can not be used in combination with this discount. Need some ideas?
See what's hot (not all items availableat all store locations, and prices on fye.com may vary vs in store prices)

Music Best Selling Recent Releases Music Coming Soon All Music Movies Best Selling Recent Releases Movie Coming Soon All Movies Books All Books Harry Potter Star Wars Chronicles of Narnia Audio Books on CD Audio Books on Cassette Electronics Digital Cameras MP3 Devices GPS Headphones Batteries Karaoke All Electronics Software PC Games Norton Intuit Microsoft Roxio McAfee Educational All Software
Happy Shopping!

I don't know how to attach the printable pdf coupon, if someone could help out that would be great. I have the pdf saved as well as I have the link to slickdeals, but I don't think we can link to another deal site on here.

PM me if you can help out with the attachment.

I'm confused. The offer is "40% off reg. priced merchandise", but there's an exception on video games (only 20% off)?!

[quote name='shieryda']I'm confused. The offer is "40% off reg. priced merchandise", but there's an exception on video games (only 20% off)?![/QUOTE]
That's how Borders does their coupons as well, not that I've ever been to a Borders with video games. But usually the video game discount is half of whatever the stated discount is.

Arg, sucks that it won't work with the free shipping over $25. I was thinking about picking up some manga for my girlfriend for xmas.

shouldnt there be a barcode or something? just kind of reminds me of the free pizza coupon

[quote name='BigHow']Someone over on DVDTalk has it hosted at:

http://www.fileh.com/blackout138/ff_coupon.pdf[/QUOTE]

Thanks Big, I put it in the OP.

I noticed it didn't have a # as well, though I have used coupons like this in places like Footlocker, and the checkers didn't care. They acted like they had seen coupons like this or similar all day long.

I can put YMMV in the title if you guys think it's justified.

Pretty cool deal. So do you have to identify the employee that works for the company or what? I wonder if theres any form or something that you have to fill out to get this deal.

It says family and FRIENDS. So have no fear. Who is to define who is friends with whom? Apperantly the nice people are friends with the whole online community.

All I know about this deal is what I posted in the OP. I think it's legit, but that's just my personal opinion.

I don't know about the rest of you, but my FYE and Wherehouse seem like their corporate office is run by a bunch of monkey's on crack.

I am going to add YMMV to the title though.

Thanks OP. I hope this is legit.

If it is 40% off FYE prices then it's actually pretty good. For example, Family Guy Vol 3 (Season 4) would only be I think $10 bucks. I think it is currently in store for $25 with a $5 rebate. Take off another 40% and it's $15 before rebate. I think Extreme Hoime Makeover would be $13 AR.

This sale would be about the same as the DDD 20% off. Or slightly better or worse depending on prices/rebates for specific DVD's.

Anyway, I was going shopping at FYE so this helps greatly. Thanks!

This coupon looks legit but it may still be YMMV. From DVDtalk.

[quote name='"Itrain"']I'm a manager at an fye up here in VT. Just a heads up for those that try to use this coupon. They were distributed within the company to the employees. When you go to a store, they may ask you who gave you the coupon and what store they work at etc. We received an email at work the other day that may require anyone who presents the coupon to provide a valid employee number. Not trying to discourage anyone though. 30% off of the used DVD's and used video games is pretty decent. Good luck![/quote]

Was about to order from Fye.com but I just read the reviews from resellerrattings.com

It seems everybody is dissatisfied! ...

15% seems tempting though.

Guys, my girlfriend was handed this coupon in the mall. She works very close to FYE, it's legit. I doubt you need any type of number since they just gave her the coupon. I know I'll be at FYE when it opens trying to get some sick deals. :p

-Adam

just got back from using it and can confirm it works. the 40% off come off their REGULAR prices, though, not whatever sale the item has on it. i got the stubbs the zombie soundtrack, for example, and it had a sale sticker on it for 16.99 placed right over the regular sticker that said "our price - 18.99". looking at the reciept, they took the 40% off the 18.99, as was the case with the dvd's i got. my suggestion to make sure this works without wasting the gas to get down there: call first. i called and told them i'd gotten the coupon in an e mail from a friend but wanted to make sure it worked, and the guy said it definitely would, no questions asked. if you call and they confirm it works, when you go in MAKE SURE THE PERSON YOU CALLED RINGS YOU UP. someone else was at the register when i went to pay and they acted like they'd never even seen the coupon before and asked "who are you a friend or family of...?" the person i called happened to come up and took me on another register. so yeah, it's legit and doable, but the sale isn't QUITE as good as it would appear to be because of the regular price thing. good luck to anyone else who tries.

Got shot down at Two FYe's. They both stated that they had to have the employees name, ID, and store location written on the back of the coupon.

This makes me a sad panda.

i tried to use the coupon at fye in queens ny. they wouldnt accept cause there was no number on the back. told me i needed to get some number from the employe that gave me the coupon (its a print out). anyone from nyc can hook it up with the number? also is this only for dec 2?

wow, this coupon is definitely YMMV then, cause the guy who rang me up did it without any problem. it was funny, since i figured he'd ask for an employee ID number, but instead he looked over at the other cashier and asked him what HIS number was and punched that in to make the coupon to work :lol:

I lucked out and found a friendly cashier who put her own employee number on mine. Managed to score the Monster Legacy Collection box set (with busts), the Michael Moore DVD Collector's Set, Porco Rosso and Samuari Champloo Vol. 4 on a nice discount.

I hope I don't get hassled. I am going in a couple hours. I could see them giving you a hard time if it said employees only, but how do they define friends?

[quote name='hotwls13']I hope I don't get hassled. I am going in a couple hours. I could see them giving you a hard time if it said employees only, but how do they define friends?[/QUOTE]

I think the idea is that if you were friends, the employee would have remembered to put his employee number on the coupon for you.

But hopefully you'll luck out, OP, and find a cashier like mine.

Sometimes I hate mall employees. I got my discount, but not without a fight. I bring all my DVD collections and such up to the register, and the mgr. needs to get called over to give me the employee discount. Uh-oh. He gives me a hassle, who's my friend, this is only for friends and family of employees. So I stick my hand out to shake his and say:

"Well, my name is Jay, do you wanna be my friend? Cause if not I can just run over to Best Buy, Circuit City, or WalMart and they'll price match your coupon." (knowing full well PM'ing it won't happen, but hoping he knows as much about PM'ing as me, which is nothing :D )

And so, I received my employee discount :cool: with some grumbling by that ass. And it wasn't even that great of a discount, cause they're all mall-markup regular prices. But still managed to save 10 bucks here, 15 bucks there.

bread's done
Back