EB Games 30% extra trade in credit B&M

clueless

CAGiversary!
was at EB renewing my eb card when I saw that they are adding:
10% on 3 or
20% for 4 or
30% for 5

extra credit on game trade ins.

traded in all my old xbox games that were not supported on the 360.

i saw this. i almost never trade in games at EB/Gamestop unless they're running one of those special deals where you can get a brand new game for a few used games traded in. would you mind letting us know what games you traded in and how much you got for each?

edge card is for buying not trading in. they can put the credit on your edge card but I dont think you get an extra amount on trade ins by being and eb edge member

[quote name='clueless']edge card is for buying not trading in. they can put the credit on your edge card but I dont think you get an extra amount on trade ins by being and eb edge member[/QUOTE]
They did that recently with a trade in offer where you could get an additional 10% with it, but that's the only time I'm aware of.

Anyone know what can be bought at Gamerush and traded to EB without losing much money? I'd love to move my $120ish credit from GR to EB! :D

[quote name='$hady']Anyone know what can be bought at Gamerush and traded to EB without losing much money? I'd love to move my $120ish credit from GR to EB! :D[/QUOTE]
also what about circut city

a few of the items I traded (all xbox games) - they dont take PC games anymore... since gamestop bought them.
(with the 30% extra)
Rainbow 6 Black Arrow = $5.20
Mech Assult Lone Wolf SE = $3.90
Fight Night 2004 = $3.90
Links 2004 = $3.90
Trons 2 = $5.20
MX Unleashed = $5.20
Rallisport 2 = $2.60
Amp2 = $2.60
Star Wars BF = $9.10

I am sure I could have gotten more at various other local trade sites, but I can use the credit online now at EB Games. so once they get the discount codes fixed I can use to to help buy 360 used games with the CAG16 and my EB Gamer Card discounts :)

All games but Fight Night and Rainbow did not run on the 360. the two that did are getting 360 versions out in March!

EB trades suck yo.
I had Fight Night 2, Nanostray, and Trace Memory, I called EB and they quoted me respectively $9, $7, $7. 10% of $23 is barely twofiddy yo. Even if you got up to around $40 trading in 5 games, 30% would only be around $12.

I tried estarland and they gave me respectively, $20, $12, and $14.
I got a new SP for a hair over $30 plus ship.

What a major ripoff, EB really pissed me off this time.

yeah but for the games I traded and to put them up on Ebay ... would be tough to get much more and still have the hassels of listing each on ebay, boxing and shipping via Media rate. I could have got double but not worth my time for the extra $20 or $25 I could have got thru ebay.

Tron2 and Battlefront were good trade values. the rest sucked. Tron 2 I bought for $5 originally :)

All the recent sales on XBox games have driven down the market price. Usually they buy back for 1/3 to 1/2 the price to get today. so that they still make some money on resale.

I guess I could have put them up on here to swap but now I am looking for 360 games :) so doubt anyone would want to swap ... maybe some pc games for them .. oh well

Gamestop generally only gets the ones from me I can't sell on ebay so I don't mind the crappy quotes usually...

But ebay rocks when it comes to prices as far as I'm concerned. Have gotten about $1k off there the last month (not all video games but a large portion of it was).

Really helps to keep feeding the beast...(video game buying beast that is). Everyone in my family has more games than they know what to do with now.

Now I know what my wife means when she says "but it was on SAAALE!".....$3-$10 games brand new, I can't stop myself damnit!

10 to 30% extra doesn't mean crap when they offer you .50 a game. They are very cheap around here, most of the time they offer you less than a dollar for a game, the average is a few dollars, nothing is over 5 unless it is brand new.

Anything they sell for $17.99 will get you something like $7 credit and with the 30% bonus makes it $9, like the Star Wars BF game.

Say you bought it used off them through the website with codes or better yet through the buy 2 get 1 free sale. A $17.99 game would've cost you $12-13. $4 to play a game isn't bad, possibly even better than renting.

It all depends on what games you trade in.

[quote name='$hady']Anyone know what can be bought at Gamerush and traded to EB without losing much money? I'd love to move my $120ish credit from GR to EB! :D[/QUOTE]

If you can find Air Force Delta Storm. Game Rush sells it for $12.99 and EB sells it for $44.99. Gamestop sells it for $27.99, so as long as EB hasn't changed prices to Gamestops you can probably make money. It is hard to find at the blockbuster stores though.

[quote name='Staraang21']yeah those are pretty bad. i thought maybe with the 30% extra it would come out to something decent, but i guess not. oh well.[/QUOTE]

130% of nothing is still nothing!

had some games collecting dust so i took them to gamstop:

ps2 transformers $3.60
ps2 metal arms $3.60
ps2 baldur's gate $1.20
gba toyko racer $2.40

total $10.80

those prices really suck, but i got al of these for around $7 a piece, and if i had rented them, i guess i'm breaking even. oh well, capcom classic here i come.

btw, someone said you can use the credit online, is that true?

traded these at gamestop:

Prince of Persia: WW(xbox)- $5
Warioware(GC)- $8

These prices are without the extra percentage off. I tried trading in a few others but the trade values were simply awful. The only other one I can remember was they offered me $4 for DBZ: Budokai 3 Collector's edition. I laughed and told them to give it back.

[quote name='darkchild81']had some games collecting dust so i took them to gamstop:

ps2 transformers $3.60
ps2 metal arms $3.60
ps2 baldur's gate $1.20
gba toyko racer $2.40

total $10.80

those prices really suck, but i got al of these for around $7 a piece, and if i had rented them, i guess i'm breaking even. oh well, capcom classic here i come.

btw, someone said you can use the credit online, is that true?[/QUOTE]

If you have the latest Gamer Card (with the tiny scratch off area for PIN CODE on the back) they told me that I could use credit from that card online

I actually did pretty well with my trade-ins. I did Mortal Kombat Shaolin Monks, Mario 3 for the GBA, Jak 2, Urbz (PS2) and another game I can't remember right now and got $55 total. I already had a $10 gift card, so I came out with Pheonix Wright, Trauma Center and some spiffy extendable sylusessess.

They jumped all over my ass pushing the 'Do you have anything to trade?' when I was at EB yesterday. I replied no, and then they started on the 'Do you know how it works?'. So, I break down and ask, ok... what does Lunar for the DS get? I might want to trade mine in. The reply? You need to bring it in and let us look at it. I grab one off the shelf and say 'here - check the barcode on this one'. Nope, no can you. We need to see what condition it's in. I tell them it's like new... nope... we can not give me the price. Now I'm pissed and continue to go rounds for a few more minutes before telling them they are nuts , leaving the games I was going to buy, and walking out of the store.

Just how stupid do you have to be to trade games in at these prices?

I can't think of many games that aren't worth $5; Enter the Matrix, LOTR Hack n Slash's, Mad Maestro aren't worth the discs they're printed on but something like RalliSport 2 for $2.something? Give me a break.

Can you imagine if your business plan was dependent on finding enough stupid people to trade in games people would actually want used for no value? I can see giving 50 cents for sports games but most of the games people listed were pretty decent.

I still have to laugh at how mad GameStop employees got at me last summer when some woman was trading in Growlanser Generations (The box set w/all that junk.) and they offered her $22 in store credit or $18 in cash, I pulled out $25 and she gave it to me. You could just see the "employee stash" hoarder/worker turn beet red.

I hope these guys fail and go out of business. They're already outright saying they don't make money on new game sales and then they try and screw everyone on trade in values. If that's how you treat your suppliers the will stop dealing with you over time.

I went and got rid of five games today.

Mario Kart DS: 18.20 (SWEET!!! I paid 26 bucks for this crap game, too! Almost zero loss!)
Dead or Alive 3 (XBOX): 2.60 (Well, it is old, but I honestly didn't expect that much.)
Ultimate Spider-Man (GCN): 10.40 (Stupid 29.99 price drop. At least the XBOX version, which I really wanted, is cheaper now.)
The Warriors (PS2): 23.40 (Could've been a little better, but I'm not complaining. It's still a sizable chunk of credit.)
Midway Arcade Treasures 3 (PS2): 6.50 (I actually expected less!)

In total, I got $61.10 from all of that. Not too shabby.

Anyone know the prices of NBA 2K6 (360), Call of Duty 2 (360), Soul Calibur III, Gallop Racer 2001, Guilty Gear Isuka, Mario Pinball, Shaman King: Master of Spirits, or Motocross Maniacs Advance?

Could someone at least give me an estimate? My G-stop is far away and they're always pricks on the phone.

I got a record trade in amount yesterday, not too shabby.

PS2 - DOA 2: Hardcore = $2.00, up to $2.60 (expected less since it's older, only brought it so I could get 30% instead of 20%)
PSP - Hustle: Detroit Streets = $8.00, up to $10.40 (good because I thought it sucked)
PSP - Prince of Persia = $22.00, up to $28.60 (I can buy the PS2 version now)
PSP - SD vs. Raw = $20.00, up to $26.00 (loading times killed it for me)
PSP - Darkstalkers = $8.00, up to $10.40 (got it for $10.75, waiting for Def Jam)

$78 when I should have gotten $60, which was much higher than I expected. Works nice since I finally got another PS2 after selling my last one, and can get all the games I missed out on. Put it all on a giftcard and am going to EBGames.com to use the 25% discount.

[quote name='Chuplayer'].

Mario Kart DS: 18.20 (SWEET!!! I paid 26 bucks for this crap game, too! Almost zero loss!).[/QUOTE]

I picked up Mario Kart for the DS and think it's just fantastic... really good job porting it.

[quote name='Chuplayer']I went and got rid of five games today.

Mario Kart DS: 18.20 (SWEET!!! I paid 26 bucks for this crap game, too! Almost zero loss!)
Dead or Alive 3 (XBOX): 2.60 (Well, it is old, but I honestly didn't expect that much.)
Ultimate Spider-Man (GCN): 10.40 (Stupid 29.99 price drop. At least the XBOX version, which I really wanted, is cheaper now.)
The Warriors (PS2): 23.40 (Could've been a little better, but I'm not complaining. It's still a sizable chunk of credit.)
Midway Arcade Treasures 3 (PS2): 6.50 (I actually expected less!)

In total, I got $61.10 from all of that. Not too shabby.[/QUOTE]

You'd have to pull my copy of Mario Kart DS out of my cold dead hands before I'd part with it. $18.20 doesn't even come close!

[quote name='n8littlefield']You'd have to pull my copy of Mario Kart DS out of my cold dead hands before I'd part with it. $18.20 doesn't even come close![/QUOTE]

I was racing, and winning, and my opponents disconnected. THREE CONSECUTIVE TIMES. I was pissed. I threw my DS across the room on the third time. I didn't want anything to do with MKDS anymore.

Offline mode wasn't bad, but I had already done most everything you could do with it, and it wasn't that much different from Mario Kart 64. Probably the best thing to come out of MKDS is that it's rekindled my interest in MK64. I'm having fun with that game again.

[quote name='DOMINATOR912']Do you need to have manuals/cases to get the extra 30%?[/QUOTE]
No, they take disc only games and the 30% still applies. Thanks to this a majority of the PS2 wall in my EB is filled with generic cases.

Traded these in Gamestop (each with 30%):

Genji PS2 $18.20
World Series of Poker PSP $18.20
Outlaw Volleyball Remixed PS2 $9.10
Fire Emblem GBA $9.10
R: Racing Evolution PS2 $2.60

Total: $57.20

Oh boo hoo. I hate when people complain about the credit you get at EBgames. Why do you think we give $2 for Rallisport Challenge? Because we don't fucking want it. We sell it for $9.99 and probably already have 8 copies sitting on the shelf. The trade in credit you get is a reasonable amount, and no one is forcing you to trade in anyway.

I traded in Romance of the Three Kingdoms X, Harvest Moon: Another Wonderful Life, Apex, Crimson Skies and Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy, and came away with like $40 in credit. Pretty good.

Traded in the following at EB (all with extra 30% included)

Jak 3 $7.80
Jak and Daxter $.97
Timesplitters 2 $2.60
Timesplitters FP $14.30
Cel Damage $3.90
Total: $29.57

HOWEVER, they messed up and accidentally gave me DOUBLE what I was supposed to get and I ended up with $59.14. I used this to preorder and pay off Kingdom Hearts 2 and still left with $9.15 on my Edge card.

Man, you are a moron, that game is great for flying. Believe it or not, a bunch of grown ass men we are at work, we love that for flying.

[quote name='PittsburghAfterDark']Just how stupid do you have to be to trade games in at these prices?

I can't think of many games that aren't worth $5; Enter the Matrix, LOTR Hack n Slash's, Mad Maestro aren't worth the discs they're printed on but something like RalliSport 2 for $2.something? Give me a break.

Can you imagine if your business plan was dependent on finding enough stupid people to trade in games people would actually want used for no value? I can see giving 50 cents for sports games but most of the games people listed were pretty decent.

I hope these guys fail and go out of business. They're already outright saying they don't make money on new game sales and then they try and screw everyone on trade in values. If that's how you treat your suppliers the will stop dealing with you over time.[/QUOTE]

Welcome to basic, ummm... "used game" economics. Here, we have games for PS2, Gamecube, and XBox, all of which will cease to be the latest generation at this time next year. EBGames probably has thousands of copies of Rallysport 2 laying around because people don't want it. People still bring in their copies, and EB won't simply turn them away, and because the customer wants to get rid of the game, so EB gives them a "we'll take it off your hands" price. So if you want to be a champ and open up your own used game store and offer $5-$10 on Rallysport 2 when you already have 20 in the backroom, go right ahead. There are a few reasons that VG sales were down this holiday season, and one of them is that people are anticipating the new systems and disregarding the old, especially games from the XBox. EB is just flowing with the market, and I don't blame them. Ever see the rack full of PS1 games in those sleeves that will NEVER get sold? Those are from all the people complaining about their how far their PS1 credit went in 1999.

Gamestop is actually becoming a hyped stock in the next twelve months, mostly because of the new systems, but also because they've created a successful used game business model. We'll see if that holds up over time.

By the way, don't take my rant to mean that I do all my trade-ins at EB... I don't, because I like getting more credit out of boneheads like Blockbuster. The only times I've traded in at EB is during their special promotions, like the trade 5 for a preorder or the trade 2, get an extra 10 deal.

My recent trip to the St. Johns Town Center EB Games in Jacksonville, FL got me $54.60.

Nintendogs(DS) 15.00 after promo 19.50
Pac Pix(DS) 8.00 AP 10.40
Feel the Magic(DS) 2.00 AP 2.60
Zelda Collector Ed(GC) 12.00 AP 15.60
Mystic Heros(GC) 5.00 AP 6.50

Total $54.60

Picked up Trauma Center(DS) for 29.99 and PO Phoenix Wright(DS) for 17.99 after GMR discount.

Wow, Nintendogs gets 19.50?

Time to unload this extra copy my ex left over here tommorrow then, along with some other games.

Does anone know what Farcry for the Xbox gets? I got one new for like, $16 bucks, but at this point I'm not getting another Xbox or a 360 so I'm hoping to get rid of it for close what I paid.

[quote name='EndlessChris']Oh boo hoo. I hate when people complain about the credit you get at EBgames. The trade in credit you get is a reasonable amount, and no one is forcing you to trade in anyway.

[/QUOTE]

Management type here...

bread's done
Back