December 2006 Backwards Compatiblity Update (Live, now with 100% more Conker/SCII)

Sporadic

CAGiversary!
Feedback
53 (100%)
New games on the list are:

All-Star Baseball 2005
Aquaman: Battle of Atlantis
Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Burnout 3: Takedown (Updated)
Conker: Live and Reloaded
Dead Or Alive Ultimate
Destroy All Humans!
Dynasty Warriors 4
Evil Dead: A Fistful of Boomstick
Indigo Prophecy
Family Guy
Far Cry: Instincts
Incredibles
I-Ninja
Leisure Suit Larry: Magna Cum Laude
Mortal Kombat: Armageddon
MotoGP
MX Unleashed
Open Season
Pariah
Psychonauts
Rainbow Six: Lockdown
Rapala Pro Fishing
Scarface
Shark Tale
Shenmue II
Soul Calibur 2 (North America only, suck it down commies ;))
Splinter Cell: Double Agent
The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie
Ultimate Spider-Man
Wakeboarding Unleashed: Featuring Sean Murray
Whacked!
Winback 2: Project Poseidon
Xiaolin Showdown

http://www.majornelson.com/archive/2006/12/14/december-06-back-compat-update.aspx

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/backwardcompatibilitygameslist.htm

:applause: Good job MS. Shenmue II, Indigo Prophecy and Psychonauts.

Hopefully the next one will have even more Sega games and Mercenaries

Just bought Pshyconauts and was waiting for this. (I've already played through on PC...)

Also it's nice that MK:A is on the list. I was holding off on getting too far into this.

BTW people looking for Psychonauts, Kmart has it on clearance. The closest Kmart to me had it for $3.00!!!

Where Is Morrowindddddddddddddddddddddd

And Dead or Alive Ultimate is on the list AFTER GoGamer dosen't have it on sale anymore.

I am definitely buying Splinter Cell Double Agent now as the Xbox version is much better than the 360 version.

Awesome update!

[quote name='pbates86']I'm surprised Splinter Cell: Double Agent is on that list, I mean, with there being a 360 version out.[/QUOTE]

I'm glad it is since the Xbox version has twice as much stuff.

Glad to see Double Agent got added to the list as I plan on getting that version soon.

Still no love for several of my other Xbox games though. :cry:

[quote name='PenguinMaster']You should probably update the title and OP to say it's not active yet.[/QUOTE]

Done.

Hopefully it will be up by tommorrow. I really want to go through Shenmue II

Some nice titles in there... I wish they'd add BC for The Bard's Tale in one of these updates. The humor in that game was a riot, although the gameplay wasn't the greatest.

Finally! Yes Indigo Prophecy is on there and the same goes for Psychonauts!!!! I can now play both on my 360!!!

Wakeboarding Unleashed: Featuring Sean Murray this was a fun game. I'll try popping this one in tonight. Does anybody know if the two KOTOR are backward compatible? is Panzer Dragoon Orta compatible as well?

I can pick up Psychonauts for $17 at Gamefly. Anybody know where I can pick this up cheaper (not ToysRUs as I have already checked there)?

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']Does anybody know if the two KOTOR are backward compatible? is Panzer Dragoon Orta compatible as well?[/QUOTE]

KOTOR series yes, PDO no.

[quote name='Sporadic']KOTOR series yes, PDO no.[/quote]

Thanks. Can't wait for the next update. Hopefully it has PDO. At least I can do some KOTOR in the mean time. Is there anyway to transfer or connect the HD from the xbox to a 360?

[quote name='Plinko']Aquaman? Honestly? Was there that big of a movement to get that piece of crap backwards compatible?[/quote]

it has been mentioned a lot previously, but when they work on a particular game, the similiarities in the code with other games allows for them to be B/C with little to no adjustments. The first b/c list had a barbie game, there was no movement for them to get it b/c, it just happened to work with what they did to get other games b/c

thanks for the info sporadic

Well props to Microsoft, this list will make a lot of people stop bitching ^^ I didn't know SC:DA was better on the xbox?! I also didnt know what was updated when my 360 got updated with my OXM disc^^ Sweetness!

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']Is there anyway to transfer or connect the HD from the xbox to a 360?[/QUOTE]

not without a lot of work. i'm assuming you'd want to have your gamesaves on your 360? you can't hook up your original xbox to your 360, but i thought there was some complicated way to put your xbox saves onto your 360 involving memory cards and a PC.

[quote name='Spybreak8']Well props to Microsoft, this list will make a lot of people stop bitching ^^ I didn't know SC:DA was better on the xbox?! I also didnt know what was updated when my 360 got updated with my OXM disc^^ Sweetness![/QUOTE]

So now they're giving BC updates to OXM subscribers first too?

Dammit, I should have asked for the Xbox version of MK:A for Christmas instead of the PS2 version. I'm also still waiting for Shaolin Monks to be BC.

Looks like a decent update even though I don't own any of these. Whats so good about Psychonauts though? Also how is Scarface? It's too bad Morrowind isnt on there though :(

[quote name='PenguinMaster']It's already backwards compatible.[/quote]Eh, pardon the mistake. I've only had the thing a few weeks and skimmed through the BC list. Must have missed that. Wait, why am I still typing this and not playing RS3?

I'm glad Indigo is now going to be BC. I picked it up cheap at Circuit City months ago but since I didn't hook up my original Xbox after we moved I never got around to playing it and I was too lazy to hook it up for one game. I've been debating doing it anyway though just for Indigo. Now I don't have to.

Impressive update.

I sold a bulk of my Xbox collection, though. :lol:

cool. Looks like I'll finally play Psychonauts. I might have to revisit DoA:Ultimate for lolz.

Stil no capcom fighters though arghhhhh!!!

[quote name='Sporadic']New games on the list are:Indigo Prophecy Pariah[/QUOTE]

:) yayyyyyyy

Next up hopefully:

Marc Ecko's Getting Up
Oddworld Stranger's Wrath WHY THE HELL ISNT THIS ON THERE??? Best XBOX game.
Phantom Dust
The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape From Butcher Bay This should be on there too. Tied for best xbx game with OSW

Ugh.

EDIT: Oh, and I had PNauts for PS2. I know it's a bit of a new cult-favorite, but honestly, I found it entirely overrated and repetitive. It has NOTHING on the Sly series.

bread's done
Back