Anyone own the Logitech G15 keyboard?

Demolition Man

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
I have pretty much found most answers I have needed on the Logitech G15 keyboard. However I am wondering if the palm rest included is fully plastic or does it have a rubber likeness to it to add a little comfort? Thanks in advance CAG for any info.

I used to have this keyboard before my computer died on me. I think it's fully plastic, but could be wrong since I sold it like 6 months ago.

Yeeep. Have the original G15 personally, which in my opinion seems better than the revamped one.

Fully plastic palmrest. Doesn't bother your hand/arms in the slightest.

Thanks folks. I wanted to figure that out before deciding to get the G15 (version 2) or not. Perhaps I'm too used to the palm rest on my current keyboard which has a thin but noticeable padding to it.

The v.2 G15 is fully plastic, the wrist rest is a soft plastic and it feels nice to use. You can pull it off easily, if you're going to a do a lot of typing and want something padded, though. Although, if you want to do a lot of typing, you'd be better off with a second keyboard.

Just throwing this out there, if you're a WoW player/any other game that uses macros and you like using macros, get the v1 G15. The v2 has 1 row of macro keys compared to 3 rows on the v1.

29nj7np.jpg

When I first bought the G15v1 I thought it was the coolest keyboard, next to the Optimus keyboard..then realized after a few months...not many games supported it and looking down distracted me. I was very excited when the news of the color screen version was coming out, but then looked at the price...then said screw it as it will have a cool factor that will last 3 months, then get old real quick.

I ended up getting the 2007 version yesterday. So far I really like it. The keys are a bit softer compared to the keyboard that came with my Gateway. The screen is very nice especially since I can have the battleground stats shown on WoW then easily flip to controlling Winamp without having to minimize my way out of WoW.

I have the 2007 version. The hard plastic palm rest is mildly textured for grip and reducing perspiration.

This keyboard is very sensitive to high humidity and liquid spills, so please look up disassembly methods before owning it. The faster you clean it up, the longer life span it will have.

The insides are corrosion prone. Other than that, its a nice keyboard.

[quote name='Ringmuscle']I have the 2007 version. The hard plastic palm rest is mildly textured for grip and reducing perspiration.

This keyboard is very sensitive to high humidity and liquid spills, so please look up disassembly methods before owning it. The faster you clean it up, the longer life span it will have.

The insides are corrosion prone. Other than that, its a nice keyboard.[/QUOTE]

This. I spilled some water by accident last year now the light button no longer works :(

oh well.

[quote name='ITDEFX']This. I spilled some water by accident last year now the light button no longer works :(

oh well.[/QUOTE]

Hey now,when you bought it,did you register it online w/Logitech? Is it still under warranty? Call em up and find out!
I spilled coffee all over mine and called up Logitech: They sent a brand new one that arrived within the week.
Didnt have to do anything or make up a story. I told the dude I spilled coffee all over it...
Logitech has world renowned and highly acclaimed customer service.

Personally the G15(version 2) felt cheap to me. I returned it and picked up the version 1 off of Craigslist. What I'd like to get my hands on and try now is the new Logitech G19.

[quote name='Spanky']Personally the G15(version 2) felt cheap to me. I returned it and picked up the version 1 off of Craigslist. What I'd like to get my hands on and try now is the new Logitech G19.[/QUOTE]
The LCD on that is sick and makes navigating Vent super nice without having to alt-tab. I wouldn't pay $200 for it though, especially since these things have the most fucking awful driver software I've ever seen. Tons of bugs and functionality issues.

[quote name='EdRyder']Hey now,when you bought it,did you register it online w/Logitech? Is it still under warranty? Call em up and find out!
I spilled coffee all over mine and called up Logitech: They sent a brand new one that arrived within the week.
Didnt have to do anything or make up a story. I told the dude I spilled coffee all over it...
Logitech has world renowned and highly acclaimed customer service.[/QUOTE]

I bought it in 2006 :(

[quote name='Jodou']The LCD on that is sick and makes navigating Vent super nice without having to alt-tab. I wouldn't pay $200 for it though, especially since these things have the most fucking awful driver software I've ever seen. Tons of bugs and functionality issues.[/QUOTE]

I agree.

What is best gaming keyboard? I have consider about to buy a new gaming keyboard. I was stupid when I gave my 2005 Gaming Keybaord Logitech away to my buddy.

[quote name='commanderxp90']What is best gaming keyboard? I have consider about to buy a new gaming keyboard. I was stupid when I gave my 2005 Gaming Keybaord Logitech away to my buddy.[/QUOTE]

It's hard to say... I really wish the Optimus Keyboard would drop down big time in price, but who's gonna pay 1k for a keyboard?

[quote name='ITDEFX']It's hard to say... I really wish the Optimus Keyboard would drop down big time in price, but who's gonna pay 1k for a keyboard?[/QUOTE]
Oh yeah. Optimus Keyboard is pretty expensive. I'll wait for this price to be dropped. Maybe for xmas or black friday? XD

I have the v1 G15, and I love it. I can't comment on the price since I got it and my G9 mouse for free :D but I especially like the lightup keys for typing in the dark at night.

I also like the support from Xfire and several other gaming-related, but non-game, programs.

bread's done
Back