Before selling a 3DS?

jkam

CAGiversary!
Feedback
260 (100%)
I'm not quite there yet but recently I've been considering selling my 3DS. If I do decide to take the plunge I'm just wondering what I would have to do to sell it.

I know the games are tied to the system itself and not the eshop account. So being that I have the ambassador games, Mario Kart (since it was the bundle), dsiware games, etc. etc. and would like to sell it with them (to potentially get more for it) could I just unlink my club nintendo account from the system while keeping the games on it to sell? I wouldn't have to format it right? Anything else I'm overlooking?

Nah, all you need to do is unlink it. Though you could leave the link and if they downloaded any eShop games you get the coins. XD

It also helps that if you have Parental Settings at all, to remove them. A full format is nice, but a bit overkill.

I only mention the parental settings because I just picked up a purple 3DS and had to sit down and crack the parental password via a tool from 3DSbrew. It was a pain in the ass.

It also helps that if you have Parental Settings at all, to remove them. A full format is nice, but a bit overkill.

I only mention the parental settings because I just picked up a purple 3DS and had to sit down and crack the parental password via a tool from 3DSbrew. It was a pain in the ass.
You can call Nintendo to reset the password. That's what I did when I bought one on Craigslist.

bread's done
Back