Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
**Is Call of Duty Black Ops 2 part of the promo?
Yes, Mike from BB corporate have confirmed this multiple times. You won't see any mention of the promo due to publisher request.

Click here for discussion on the 2013 $20 [Unlocked] RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo.

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/offers/offersandpromotions/info/0900a76f800bed8a

As a Reward Zone Program Gamers Club [Unlocked] member, you get $20 in reward certificates for each game you pre-order and purchase from a select list of titles.

Get $20 in Reward Certificates for each game you pre-order and purchase from the list of unreleased titles below:

Best Buy Pre-order bonuses
[customspoiler=Black Ops 2]
fo_codtag0506.gif

Free Exclusive Dog Tags
when you pre-order Call of Duty: Black Ops II on Xbox 360 or PS3.
fo_doublexp.gif

Call of Duty: Black Ops II Pre-Order Bonus
Test your skills with the Nuketown 2025 multiplayer map and gain access to Double XP Launch Weekend when you pre-order for Xbox 360, PS3 or PC. While supplies last
[/customspoiler]
[customspoiler=Far Cry 3]
fo_lostexp0401_2.gif

The Lost Expeditions Exclusive Bonus
Far Cry 3, The Lost Expeditions Exclusive Bonus Mission Discover the secrets of the island's lost World War II ruins in two exclusive single-player bonus missions and blast away your opponents in multiplayer with the unlocked Type 10 flare gun.

Single Player Mission 1: Forgotten Experiment
Trapped inside a forgotten research facility, your only way out is through the crumbling ruins. To escape, you'll have to activate the old experiments and unleash an electronic storm that could be the end of you.
Single Player Mission 2: Ignition in the Deep
Inside an abandoned military silo, the only thing standing between you and freedom are Vaas' pirates and a forgotten missile leaking a lake of fuel.
Multiplayer: Type 10 Flare Gun
Unlock the power of a gun that's modified to shoot 10-gauge shells.
You'll receive a code via e-mail on the game's release date for in-game access to the bonus content. Valid e-mail address required to receive download code.
[/customspoiler]

Do I have to be a Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] member to qualify?
Yes, in order to qualify for the promotion customers must be a Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] member at the time the pre-order is picked up or shipped.

If I am not a member of the Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked], how do I join?
You can only sign up for Gamer’s Club [Unlocked] in store. If you are signing up the day you pick up an eligible pre-order, the pre-order exchange and [Unlocked] sale must be completed on the same receipt.

Is this offer available for both in-store and BestBuy.com purchases?
Yes! Pre-orders and purchases placed both in-store and on BestBuy.com qualify.

Does it count on all editions of the game?
The offer is applicable on all Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of the game such as special editions, limited editions, collector’s editions, etc. (subject to availability). PC, Wii, or any other platform of any of the titles does not qualify as a purchase towards this promotion.

Can I purchase multiple of the same title and still qualify for the promotion?
You can only receive one $20 certificate for each individual title, regardless of version or platform.

There are twelve titles on this list. Can I get 12 $20 certificates if I pre-order and purchase all of them?
Yes! With this offer, members are eligible for up to 12,000 Bonus Reward Zone points if they pre-order and purchase all games.

How do I link my Reward Zone account to my BestBuy.com account to ensure my purchases are tracked?
Check out this handy post by Kyle-BBY with instructions on how to do so.

How long does this promotion run?
The promotion will end 7 days after the last game is released.

When will I get my certificates?
Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] members will receive their $20 certificate approximately 30 days from the date of pick up or shipping of each title as it is released.

Will I still receive my regular RZ points for making the purchases?
Yes, customers will still receive everyday points per the Reward Zone program rules.

Am I still eligible for all additional offers that might be available for the new games such as DLCs or free merchandise?
Yes, customers are still eligible for additional offers they may come available with these new releases.

If I return any of the games, will I still be eligible?
Any game returned will be disqualified for that title’s $20 certificate offer.

If I pre-order and/or purchase any of the above listed games using a Best Buy gift card or Reward Zone certificates, will they count as a valid pre-order and purchase towards the $20 bonus certificate?
Yes. A pre-order and/or purchase with a Best Buy gift card or Reward Zone certificates will count as an eligible purchase toward the $20 bonus certificate offer. The Reward Zone program rules regarding earning points when a gift card or certificate is used still apply.

If I find a lower price on the game will Best Buy price match?
Yes! Best Buy has a price match guarantee which can be found here.

If I receive a price match from an in-store or BestBuy.com purchased game, will I still qualify for the $20 bonus certificate?
Yes. A price match done in-store or on BestBuy.com within policy will not affect your eligibility for the $20 bonus certificate.

If you want more titles added alert BB of the games here
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Bu...o/idi-p/531520
PC Gamers request for PC games to be added here
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Bu...s/idi-p/528964
^Thanks Enuf!
[quote name='lordopus99']$20 Reward Zone Gamer's Club Unlocked for Dummies

1) You will not get your $20 RZ until around the 30-35 day mark (after purchase). Stop worrying about it until that point.
2) The RZ website is far from accurate. Proof in point, the RZ silver bar. Again, see #1. Patience is a virtue.

What does this mean on a purchase?
- RZGC UNLOCKED PO 10 DISCOUNT - Your 10% discount for Pre Owned Games. This will show up for ANY purchase (gaming or not) as long as you are Gamer's Club Unlocked.
- PS-(system)-(game) i.e. PS-X360-RESIDENT EVIL 6 - This is your preorder being deducted from the purchase of the game.

Preorder DLC Bonus - You need to have an email address associated to your Reward Zone account. This is the email address they will send your DLC code to. It typicially can take a day to obtain this. Potentially up to a week. Note your luck of getting this by the time you get home is a crapshoot. Wait a week and then call customer service if you haven't received.

FOR YOUR POINTS...
If your physical receipt shows like below, you should get your $20RZ preorder bonus.

EXCHANGE

Original Tran (Cust Serv Pin) Date

Return Items
Pre-order SKU PS-(system)-(game) 5.00-

Sale Items
SKU Name of Game for above 59.99

The complaining about these points/DLC need to die down. Come on guys/gals...

PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE[/QUOTE]
^Thanks lordopus99!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='wingzero16']they need to up resident evil 6 to the collection or anthology versions.[/QUOTE]

All versions count. I'm in for one of these...

So if I read the OP correctly you can only get 1 $20 reward certificate per title per system. I wondered if I had 3 copies of Madden:ps3: preordered if I'd get $20 per transaction. Anyone have any knowlegde of this this?

[quote name='wingzero16']well if all versions count i'm get PS3 collection. hope your right 0.o[/QUOTE]

Yeh PS3 4 me too and yes, it was verified by enuf and htz. Wish I was one of the lucky biatches that preordered Borderlands Ultimate Loot edition before it sold out-that gets a 1000 reward points too. I just did the standard version and hopin that someone at my BB cancels their Loot preorder or just flat out can't pony up all the dough for it, so I can swoop in. I already asked and they said they will only hold these orders for a week and then they're fair game.

Getting Unlocked tomorrow & I plan on pre-ordering Madden (online so I get the $10 savings on top of the $20), Fifa, Black Ops 2, NBA 2k.. Warfighter & Assassins' Creed I'll consider later, I'm still on the fence w/ those ones.

Spending $150 for $240 isn't that bad especially after the GS to BB flip. No money out of my pocket being spent for the games.:D

[quote name='finsfan0210']So if I read the OP correctly you can only get 1 $20 reward certificate per title per system. I wondered if I had 3 copies of Madden:ps3: preordered if I'd get $20 per transaction. Anyone have any knowlegde of this this?[/QUOTE]

I think you get 1 PER title

[quote name='209chromatic']I highly doubt blops 2 or halo 4 will drop within 60 days.[/QUOTE]

Modern Warfare 3 went on sale end of Dec in 2011 for $40 at BBY. You will have until as late as Jan 9th for Halo 4 and Han 16th for BLOPS II it to have a sale with the 60 PM. BLOPS II is getting a sale for certain someplace. In fact, I would be willing to bet every game on the list sees some type of sale within the 60 day window.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Modern Warfare 3 went on sale end of Dec in 2011 for $40 at BBY. You will have until as late as Jan 9th for Halo 4 and Han 16th for BLOPS II it to have a sale with the 60 PM. BLOPS II is getting a sale for certain someplace. In fact, I would be willing to bet every game on the list sees some type of sale within the 60 day window.[/QUOTE]

Was looking at last years pre order 5 games and get $100 thread and most if not all games dropped, including skyrim. Too bad price matching won't work on BF , I remember Walmart had several titles for $28.

[quote name='209chromatic']Was looking at last years pre order 5 games and get $100 thread and most if not all games dropped, including skyrim. Too bad price matching won't work on BF , I remember Walmart had several titles for $28.[/QUOTE]

The 5/100 deal was so weird last year. I ended up not doing it because they put a bunch of titles on sale for $29.99 on BF and I had my welcome packet B2G1 coupon so I ended up with AC:Rev, Batman: AC and Uncharted 3 for $63. Then for some weird reason BBY gave me the $100 cert anyway even though I returned those 3 games. I wonder if the B2G1 game coupons from GCU have any new restrictions on them to prevent a Black Friday double dip?

[quote name='k1ngster']I would love to have the 60day pm window... How are most of you all silver member? I thought this was cheap ass gamer ;)[/QUOTE]

Haha I wonder this too, I feel so left out.

[quote name='k1ngster']I would love to have the 60day pm window... How are most of you all silver member? I thought this was cheap ass gamer ;)[/QUOTE]

Many of us got a random invite to it. I got it 2 years ago and for some reason they kept it going for another year. It runs out in Feb so I am hoping I get it again but I am going to be at like $1200 in trade/purchases so I doubt it. Others use a BBY credit card to earn points which is the smart way to go if you pay it off every month.

[quote name='simdog']So, can i jsut preorder 4 games for $20 and get $80 in certificates then just never go pick up the games?[/QUOTE]

yes. you've figured it out.

i pay for everything with my BB cc. bills, gas, groceries, taco bell, etc. It's not hard to hit the mark if you do that.

on a side note, I'm finally gonna get GC unlocked today before I trade in NCAA 13 and preorder Madden tonight.

[quote name='typesdragon']Does anyone know if I preorder RE6 for instore pickup will I also get the $10 bonus? The fine print saids that the promo is over on 9/30/12[/QUOTE]

I am not sure about the pre-order thing but the promo actually ends on 8/31. The cert is good till 9/30. I would say no since you won't be picking up until after 8/31 or 9/30 but you might want to check the other thread. Someone might know better over there.

[quote name='typesdragon']Does anyone know if I preorder RE6 for instore pickup will I also get the $10 bonus? The fine print saids that the promo is over on 9/30/12[/QUOTE]

no, the game must be picked up before 8/31 to get the cert. doesn't matter when you preorder it, it's when you pick it up.

the promo ends 8/31, the $10 coupons expire on 9/30

[quote name='209chromatic']What if you pre order a game that releases after 9/30 and use the $10 promo code. Would it still work?[/QUOTE]

They don't send you the promo code till you pick it up... so.... no.

[quote name='209chromatic']What if you pre order a game that releases after 9/30 and use the $10 promo code. Would it still work?[/QUOTE]

Yes, as long as you use the code before that. Obviously if you wait to use the code when the game releases you're SOL.

• Eligible pre-orders must be placed and fulfilled during promotion.
^It must meet that requirement in the fine print. The promotion ends on 8/31 not 9/30. 9/30 is just the expiration date for the $10 promo codes on in-store pickup orders fulfilled in the month of August. You can't fulfill a pre-order like RE6 during the promotion since the promotion expires before the game even comes out.

Anyone remember what day prior to NCAA coming out that the $20 offer disappeared online? I really want to try to make it out to BB to trade in some games to put towards Madden but I know it's getting close. I tried searching but that was turning into a pain in the ass and I was hoping someone might just remember.

[quote name='JahMakinHerbz']Wait are you being sarcastic or is he actually right?[/QUOTE]

He is right. You should totally try it.

[quote name='simdog']So, can i jsut preorder 4 games for $20 and get $80 in certificates then just never go pick up the games?[/QUOTE]

Might want to read the original post. Requires preorder AND purchase of the titles within a select window of launch for each title.

[quote name='chriscolbert']Anyone remember what day prior to NCAA coming out that the $20 offer disappeared online? I really want to try to make it out to BB to trade in some games to put towards Madden but I know it's getting close. I tried searching but that was turning into a pain in the ass and I was hoping someone might just remember.[/QUOTE]

I'd say get it done by Friday/Saturday.

[quote name='JahMakinHerbz']Alright bitch[/QUOTE]

Ask a really stupid question, you deserve a really sarcastic response. I know you're new here but did you honestly think that would work? and now you're just being straight up offensive which makes you look even worse.

I hope you do end up trying it though, because OBVIOUSLY it's going to work ;)

To those who pre-ordered Madden and if the TRU price of $45 holds Tuesday, would it be wiser to try and pick up and PM the game at the midnight launch or do it when they open in the morning? I haven't been to a BB midnight launch but I'd guess that there wouldn't even be someone at the CS desk, just people ringing up the game.

[quote name='DemonsMaster']Ask a really stupid question, you deserve a really sarcastic response. I know you're new here but did you honestly think that would work? and now you're just being straight up offensive which makes you look even worse.

I hope you do end up trying it though, because OBVIOUSLY it's going to work ;)[/QUOTE]

Well in his defense someone else asked the question but yeah the response want necessary and logically thinking, why would that give you $80 for only paying $20 which you could cancel which would be giving you it all for free

^It's not only about asking question, it's also about even having the thought of doing something like this. BBY has been nothing but awesome to cheap gamers, but still some just want to get something for nothing from them.

[quote name='Sway']I haven't been to a BB midnight launch but I'd guess that there wouldn't even be someone at the CS desk, just people ringing up the game.[/QUOTE]

Wait a minute...which stores are doing the midnight launch of Madden? Any link available? Thanks.

[quote name='jza1218']Is there a way to check and make sure your reward zone account was linked to an order?[/QUOTE]

Even if it wasn't you can always add it yourself (if you have the receipt) on the reward zone website.

[quote name='dan77733']Nice. My store is actually participating. Thanks a lot for the link. Appreciate it.

Has anyone gone to a midnight release before and if so, is it just for people who pre-ordered the game or it doesnt matter? Thanks.[/QUOTE]

i'm not sure if it varies by store, but the ones in Madison, WI I went to for Madden or Call of Duty always had tons of extra copies for people that didn't preorder. but i would say most people that are going at midnight to get a game probably preordered it anyways

[quote name='erdmanski1341']i'm not sure if it varies by store, but the ones in Madison, WI I went to for Madden or Call of Duty always had tons of extra copies for people that didn't preorder. but i would say most people that are going at midnight to get a game probably preordered it anyways[/QUOTE]

Thats true. I just wanted to know and yeah, I did pre-order it since its part of this promo. Shame I didnt pay attention to this promo prior to NCAA being released. Oh well.

And can anything else be purchased at the midnight launch? Or is it just for Madden?

[quote name='chriscolbert']Anyone remember what day prior to NCAA coming out that the $20 offer disappeared online? I really want to try to make it out to BB to trade in some games to put towards Madden but I know it's getting close. I tried searching but that was turning into a pain in the ass and I was hoping someone might just remember.[/QUOTE]

I successfuly preordered Monday morning before work (7:00am central). Later that day people were posting they could no longer preorder online. So if that holds early Monday morning is the cutoff.

When at the payment section for a pre-order online, it tells me in the reward zone section that my current status is "core". That just reflects that I'm not silver but am still a Gamer Club Unlocked member though... right?

[quote name='Garlik Bakery']When at the payment section for a pre-order online, it tells me in the reward zone section that my current status is "core". That just reflects that I'm not silver but am still a Gamer Club Unlocked member though... right?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it will say core if you are not silver and in GCU. Mines still says core. The only place it shows the unlocked is in your actual reward zone account.

[quote name='slowdive21']Yeah, it will say core if you are not silver and in GCU. Mines still says core. The only place it shows the unlocked is in your actual reward zone account.[/QUOTE]

Thanks a ton!

[quote name='JahMakinHerbz']Alright bitch[/QUOTE]

Hope that comment was worth feeling the ban hammer for. By the way, you REALLY thought you could just preorder games and get 20 dollar reward certificates?

[quote name='ps3gamer35']Hope that comment was worth feeling the ban hammer for. By the way, you REALLY thought you could just preorder games and get 20 dollar reward certificates?[/QUOTE]

Yeah I did lol that would've been awesome if you could

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back