Should I Open My Vita?

simdog

CAG Veteran
During break at work, I ran over to Best Buy and bought the PS Vita and received the $60 Gift card (couldn't pass up :p), It cost me about $130 only due to trade in's. Its in the box on my desk and I don't know if I should break the seal. I still need to buy a memory card and buy somes games (Buy 2 get 1 free deal). I traded my PSP in because I didn't play it for 2 years. Also, with the Buy 2 get 1 free, what games would you reccomend. I want Uncharted and also a big fan of platformers, no rpgs, god of war, etc.

Is it worth it? Thanks.

Ofcourse it's worth it I love the system so if you want to get the most bang for your buck I would suggest getting Uncharted: Golden Abyss, Gravity Rush, and Metal Gear Solid HD Collection. ANother game that I absolutely love is Wipeout 2048 but since its only $20 you can buy that separately from the buy 2 get 1 free deal. The memory card isn't too much of a problem I'm sure amazon has some cheap prices go for a 8gb if you're only going to be buying cartridges, or 16gb if you're scared you'll run out. 32gb is only nessessary if you are going to download full titles

I'm really enjoying my Vita. Gravity Rush is amazing. I love Wipeout and MLb the Show as well...also, Unit 13 seems fun even though I just started it...and Mortal Kombat is fun!

[quote name='simdog']During break at work, I ran over to Best Buy and bought the PS Vita and received the $60 Gift card (couldn't pass up :p), It cost me about $130 only due to trade in's. Its in the box on my desk and I don't know if I should break the seal. I still need to buy a memory card and buy somes games (Buy 2 get 1 free deal). I traded my PSP in because I didn't play it for 2 years. Also, with the Buy 2 get 1 free, what games would you reccomend. I want Uncharted and also a big fan of platformers, no rpgs, god of war, etc.

Is it worth it? Thanks.[/QUOTE]
Rayman Origins.

if you were a fan of the Tenchu games on the PS/PS2, Shinobido 2 is a good one. Also recommend Lumines if you like puzzle/tetris like games. Hot Shot Golf is a good leisure game also.

[quote name='simdog']During break at work, I ran over to Best Buy and bought the PS Vita and received the $60 Gift card (couldn't pass up :p), It cost me about $130 only due to trade in's. Its in the box on my desk and I don't know if I should break the seal. I still need to buy a memory card and buy somes games (Buy 2 get 1 free deal). I traded my PSP in because I didn't play it for 2 years. Also, with the Buy 2 get 1 free, what games would you reccomend. I want Uncharted and also a big fan of platformers, no rpgs, god of war, etc.

Is it worth it? Thanks.[/QUOTE]

I love it. I've never played any handheld system since the Atari Lynx and the original Game Boy, but I played through and Platinum'd Uncharted for Vita, and I've been playing the heck out of Marvel v. Capcom. Graphics and sounds are great. It's fun. You get trophies.

Really, nothing much to not like. The only downside is a lack of killer titles, but they're coming - and they're very good. The Uncharted title was about the level of Uncharted 1.5 - not quite as good as 2 and 3, but very fun, and with lots of motion control/screen control features. I imagine Assassin's Creed and the other big titles will be excellent as well.

Glad I opened it, I got Uncharted Golden Abyss, Gravity Rush, and Uncharted 3 Collectors edition and a cd all fro $15 thanks to my $60GC for the vita and other GC's. Uncharted is breathtaking graphics wise for a handheld game, it looks more crisp then on PS3 almost! Loving, the touch controls in uncharted for the charcoal paintings to the fighting, it adds a new dimension. Haven't tried gravity rush yet though!

I was also going to bite on that deal. Needless to say, I did not. I decided to wait for a good friday deal. The funny thing is that I have already bought Mortal Kombat during the Gamestop sale for 9.99 and I'm planning on picking up Metal Gear during and Uncharted during the BB B2g1 sale.

I'd really like to pick up Hot Shots and Disgaea, but I want the PSN versions. Unfortunately the retail versions have dropped to $20 and $30 respectively, and the digital versions are still $35 and $40. :/

Maybe by the time I get a Vita they'll lower. I hate paying more for digital. They're both games I'd like to have permanently installed though.

Hope there are good black Friday Vita deals! :)

bread's done
Back