Star Trek Conquest - Turn Based Strategy

Kaijufan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
Bethesda has announced Star Trek Conquest, a turn based strategy game set in the TNG era for both the Wii and PS2, today. It will have a galaxy map which is turn based, but starship combat will be real time. You can control the Federation, Klingons, Romulans, Cardassians, Dominion, or Breen.

Best of all, it's only going to be $30 on the Wii and $20 on the PS2. I'm hoping for the best, hopefully it will be pretty good.

The offical site has some pictures, but from the PS2 version. Hopefully the Wii version will look even better.

Could be interesting. The last Star Trek game I bought I was not too crazy about, so I am hoping that a Turn based strategy game would be a better way to go

[quote name='trq']What the hell is a Breen?[/quote]
They were allies of the Dominion and the Cardassians during the Dominion War. They had ships that could drain the power of a Federation and Romulan ship, so only the Klingons could fight while the Federation and Romulans upgraded their ships.
The Breen always wear a suit so we don't know what they look like, but the mask of the suit looks a lot like the mask that Princess Leia used when she dressed up as a bounty hunter in Return of the Jedi.

Well, I don't mind a PS2 port to the Wii as long as it is a new game (not a rehash of a 3 year-old PS2 game :lol:). I mean, if it is something I would have bought for PS2 and there's a slightly better Wii version I'd go for that. Hopefully it makes good use of the Wiimote for managing units or whatever. It sucks it costs more though. But the game will probably suck anyway, so it's a moot point. I'll keep my eye on it, because, you know, one of these days someone is going to make a good Star Trek game. It has to happen eventually!

You know, I really want to love a Star Trek game. I really do. The last one I really enjoyed was... well... remember that ASCII one from DOS?

Ok, maybe 25th Anniversary.

Either way, I don't know what's so god damn hard about making a half-way decent Trek game, but considering the MSRP on this one is $29.99, I'm not holding out any hope.

It kind of sounds like it's a revamp of Birth of the Federation, which was a really good Trek game, especially if you liked MOO2 (since BotF was a direct rip off of that game). I'm not sure how it'll be with real time combat, but I'm (cautiously) intrigued.

bread's done
Back