Steam Deals Thread V13 ~ Star Wars Empire at War $6.80 | The Legend of Korra $10.04 | Red Faction Guerrilla $2.99 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Summer sale has come and gone; welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V13!

Stop: Before you go any further be sure you are using Enhanced Steam. It will save you a lot of time and embarrassment in the future.

Daily Deal
Star Wars: Empire at War Gold Edition - $19.99 $6.80

Yesterday's Deal

N/A

Midweek Madness
The Legend of Korra - $14.99 $10.04

Red Faction - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction II - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction Armageddon - $19.99 $2.99
Red Faction Guerrilla - $19.99 $2.99 

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
Because DSR is only meant to make the edges much sharper than traditional MSAA with none or less crawling. It wouldn't make like the textures look "better". Takes screenshots and compare them. The difference is there but factor in game engines and such. Especially titles that only have one type of AA like FXAA. The DSR is the better choice, as long you able to pull it off with desirable framerates.

Edit: I haven't use it much but on older titles, they're great to play around with. BL2 and TPS looked fine, but I get choppy framerates now and then. :(
Yeah I guess I was expecting a bigger difference on things like power lines and fences in the game but the in the screens I took I couldn't tell much of a difference. Also, fraps seems to take screens at the full rendering resolution and not at 1080p.

But one single game isn't much of a sample size so I'm looking forward to trying it out on some other games.

Because DSR is only meant to make the edges much sharper than traditional MSAA with none or less crawling. It wouldn't make like the textures look "better". Takes screenshots and compare them. The difference is there but factor in game engines and such. Especially titles that only have one type of AA like FXAA. The DSR is the better choice, as long you able to pull it off with desirable framerates.

Edit: I haven't use it much but on older titles, they're great to play around with. BL2 and TPS looked fine, but I get choppy framerates now and then. :(
Yeah I guess I was expecting a bigger difference on things like power lines and fences in the game but the in the screens I took I couldn't tell much of a difference. Also, fraps seems to take screens at the full rendering resolution and not at 1080p.

But one single game isn't much of a sample size so I'm looking forward to trying it out on some other games.

u can try DSR on the newly released Valkyria Chronicles.

Last time they had that sale with the teams you got team points when you created a badge each day. I don't see any reason to wait this time unless I missed something? I can craft my badges whenever I want?
I'm waiting until the sale starts. You never know what kind of nonsense Steam might pull.

inb4 every1 uninstalls avast.

I use avira, so I'm not sure if it would detect it or not.. but I don't want to test it
Not going to place blame on the Antivirus (though it is a bit upsetting that this went undetected)...this was purely a "user" error

It was early in the morning and had let my guard down, it happens... :cry:

Not going to place blame on the Antivirus (though it is a bit upsetting that this went undetected)...this was purely a "user" error

It was early in the morning and had let my guard down, it happens... :cry:
so u click on the link, it auto download the .exe.. but it need additional user input to run the .exe right?

Malwarebytes can detect it.  But I'm not sure how fast it'll catch it.

Sold my cards, made enough to get the missing cards for my badge.

Deciding whether or not to gem the backgrounds/emoticons for packs or not.  (shrug)

I hope the "auction" isn't going to supercede the actual "sale".

Malwarebytes can detect it. But I'm not sure how fast it'll catch it.

Sold my cards, made enough to get the missing cards for my badge.

Deciding whether or not to gem the backgrounds/emoticons for packs or not. (shrug)

I hope the "auction" isn't going to supercede the actual "sale".
The auction is over on the 18th. Then Steam will throw some new devilry at us.

So what happens to gems after the 18th? Are they going to be used for something else? Ugh.

Edit: Sacks of gems are marketable again, but they cannot be traded.

I find it funny that basically all the items that were flooding the market are disappearing, while there's still millions of TF2 crates that will never be opened just sitting there in the market.

Valve should've let us destroy those too.

Assuming $0.5 for 1000 gems, pretty much everything is over priced.
Some software is way cheaper and currently worth bidding on.

(Click for top 100)

What if we get gems too after crafting badges during the sale? that would be great
It's a possibility, yes. But it would probably cause the economy to implode again depending on how many gems it would give; Imagine people mass-crafting badge sets and getting 1000 gems for it, it would be crazy.

The power of gems compel you!

giphy.gif

sack of gems for 1000 gems going for $0.70 currently.  If buying to craft booster packs, way too pricey as can buy most boosters for under half.

It took me 2.1 hours, but Gone Home is in the books here in my 1st run-through. Might go give it another some-time, to check out the Commentary - especially since it's so short for an actual game.

So, I really love the 90's atmosphere; the house + its ton of details. I felt like I took a trip back to the mid-90's and got lost into a time-wrap of some kind. Everything is pretty much not nailed down here. So - it can be picked up, locked at, examined, and moved around.

And the way the story unfolds, is just great - whether by narration, from through the actual objects themselves, finding certain areas, solving some puzzles, or whatever the case might be. You basically return to an empty house and you're to find out where everyone is + why you're actually there. I won't go much further than that, as that could actually ruin the experience itself.

Do yourself a favor: don't spent full price on this. I certainly didn't. It's a very, very short game. B/c it is so short - that could be a worthwhile reason to replay it, in case you missed something in the game, want to check the Commentary out, to know the game inside + out, want to re-explore the game, or whatever the case might be.

Compared to most games on the market - Gone Home is a very different + interesting adventure game focused on exploration, loaded with a unique + ordinary 1990's atmosphere for a game that will make people that were alive in the 90's - especially those who were teens or children - relate to very easily. It will feel like you've....Gone Home, naturally. With the way the story unfolds and the way it's presented to the player - this is a trip definitely worth taking, if you don't spend the farm on such a short game.

But, oh - what a grand, short little game this is!

It took me 2.1 hours, but Gone Home is in the books here in my 1st run-through. Might go give it another some-time, to check out the Commentary - especially since it's so short for an actual game.

So, I really love the 90's atmosphere; the house + its ton of details. I felt like I took a trip back to the mid-90's and got lost into a time-wrap of some kind. Everything is pretty much not nailed down here. So - it can be picked up, locked at, examined, and moved around.

And the way the story unfolds, is just great - whether by narration, from through the actual objects themselves, finding certain areas, solving some puzzles, or whatever the case might be. You basically return to an empty house and you're to find out where everyone is + why you're actually there. I won't go much further than that, as that could actually ruin the experience itself.

Do yourself a favor: don't spent full price on this. I certainly didn't. It's a very, very short game. B/c it is so short - that could be a worthwhile reason to replay it, in case you missed something in the game, want to check the Commentary out, to know the game inside + out, want to re-explore the game, or whatever the case might be.

Compared to most games on the market - Gone Home is a very different + interesting adventure game focused on exploration, loaded with a unique + ordinary 1990's atmosphere for a game that will make people that were alive in the 90's - especially those who were teens or children - relate to very easily. It will feel like you've....Gone Home, naturally. With the way the story unfolds and the way it's presented to the player - this is a trip definitely worth taking, if you don't spend the farm on such a short game.

It's a possibility, yes. But it would probably cause the economy to implode again depending on how many gems it would give; Imagine people mass-crafting badge sets and getting 1000 gems for it, it would be crazy.
Maybe 1000 per holiday badge crafted. That way holiday card prices will rise again.

sack of gems for 1000 gems going for $0.70 currently. If buying to craft booster packs, way too pricey as can buy most boosters for under half.
mwuaha, awesome

So bought a couple hundred crappy emoticons at 3cents a piece, turned 1/3 in to gems giving me ~15k gems. After the market on emoticons shot up sold off my left overs for double the price, now turn around sell all the crafted gems off. Thanks steam for making me 10$ out of thin air

sack of gems for 1000 gems going for $0.70 currently. If buying to craft booster packs, way too pricey as can buy most boosters for under half.
I just sacked up 2000 gems and sold them. The price will fall again, when it bottoms out I'll buy more and then make boosters.

I would think eventually they are going to find parity with booster costs since thats all 1000 gems are.  So eventually will get down to ~30cents/1000gems. I dont think it will take too long for that to happen though. Most of this crazy crap steam does with their market the average steam user really has no idea or interest in. None of my other gaming friends have any clue about the whole card market or any of this stuff going on

They are aware cards exist and they have gotten a few but dont know why and most dont even know they can sell them, they just think they are worthless trinkets sitting in their inventory

I would think eventually they are going to find parity with booster costs since thats all 1000 gems are. So eventually will get down to ~30cents/1000gems. I dont think it will take too long for that to happen though. Most of this crazy crap steam does with their market the average steam user really has no idea or interest in. None of my other gaming friends have any clue about the whole card market or any of this stuff going on

They are aware cards exist and they have gotten a few but dont know why and most dont even know they can sell them, they just think they are worthless trinkets sitting in their inventory
This is true

tebows gonna tebow
shrug.gif
That may be the case, however, even though I try not to be an asshole, I'm going to unfriend Tebow, even though it means nothing to me, I feel like it does to him, if he doesn't stop sending me these invites and I know he'll see it posted here.

Edit: Structurally, I think the above sentence is missing a few "but"s, "therefore"s and a "however" or two, but I'm sure no one cares and I'm already one toke over the line. Thank you, Colorado, and good night.

TEBOW: FOR THE LOVE OF fuck PLEASE STOP fuck ING INVITING ME TO YOUR fuck ING BARBIE STEAM GROUP BULLSHIT!

Sorry for the interruption.
No shit. If you think that's bad, he used to invite me to his chat room daily. He doesn't do it as much now, but he still invites me.. and I've told him countless times I don't like chat rooms.

Thanks for the review D, bumped it up in the backlog to "might actually play some day." Any game I can finish in under a few hours automatically goes on my radar these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back