Steam Deals Thread V13 ~ Star Wars Empire at War $6.80 | The Legend of Korra $10.04 | Red Faction Guerrilla $2.99 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Summer sale has come and gone; welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V13!

Stop: Before you go any further be sure you are using Enhanced Steam. It will save you a lot of time and embarrassment in the future.

Daily Deal
Star Wars: Empire at War Gold Edition - $19.99 $6.80

Yesterday's Deal

N/A

Midweek Madness
The Legend of Korra - $14.99 $10.04

Red Faction - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction II - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction Armageddon - $19.99 $2.99
Red Faction Guerrilla - $19.99 $2.99 

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
For Posterity

Capture.jpg

I came dangerously close to "winning".
Wooooo

Still undefeated in voting for games coming in last.

I'm like Steam's version of Goldberg....or Gillberg.

The votes are just all so lopsided it's not even funny.

Do you want dinosaurs or driving a bus?

Do you want Rockstar game where you beat people up or artsy fartsy French (Quebecer but same diff) game?

You already know what the masses are going to pick.

Seeing that Christmas is almost here, I know a few of my Steam friends already received gifts from me but it is time to see if anyone wants some games. Let's start with the letter A and work our way from there.

Do not PM me asking for games.

I'm sure I probably have enough games for everyone. I will stop giving games away if people start messaging me.

I'll do this is bunches and I'll message you. Just respond saying you would like one of the games listed and I will take care of the rest.

E

Electronic Super Joy
This one, please! :) Thanks~

Okay, the rumors were correct... Log into Marvel Heroes today and you will be given a free random hero box... It's COMPLETELY random. You could get a dupe of the one character you own or the last one you needed.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/226320/

Anyhow, give it a try. Remember that costumes and heroes are still 50% off but obviously don't buy anything to you get your free hero! :D
Thanks! I got a Spoder Spider-Man.

well glad I didnt pick up talisman at get games for 3$. Their season pass is still a joke but at least for 7$ you can get the full game and majority of the dlc now

I'm actually hearing fantastic things about Magicka 2.. so for all my laughs and jokes... I hope it turns out well for them.

This is gunna sound weird.. but how are the Talisman's?  2 bucks for the base and 23 for the season seems like a good deal.  

Woohoo!   Magicka and Terraria are on sale again.  I'm sure the two people in the world that don't have them are thrilled.

Seeing that Christmas is almost here, I know a few of my Steam friends already received gifts from me but it is time to see if anyone wants some games. Let's start with the letter A and work our way from there.

Do not PM me asking for games.

I'm sure I probably have enough games for everyone. I will stop giving games away if people start messaging me.

I'll do this is bunches and I'll message you. Just respond saying you would like one of the games listed and I will take care of the rest.

<snipped>

F

FEZ
If you still have this one, Fez I would much appreciate it amigo! Thanks!

Wow, no one has an opinion on Talisman?  I'm torn... some of the season stuff is unlocked in game.. some is money saving.. some people say go for the pass for all the awesome DLC.. others say it's not.. c'mon Steam CAGs... where are you?

Wow, no one has an opinion on Talisman? I'm torn... some of the season stuff is unlocked in game.. some is money saving.. some people say go for the pass for all the awesome DLC.. others say it's not.. c'mon Steam CAGs... where are you?
My $.02

The pass is a crap deal. They've shown they are willing to drastically slash the DLC and all but the newest one are 80% off. If you just buy the Frostmarch and the Reaper expansions it's $1.98. You can always get the Dungeon one on a future sale when it goes 80% off.

I'm not sure on the character or deck packs. It seems like Magic where it makes your head hurt to try to figure out what is an unlock (cheat) and what's actual content. But even if you get all of those and just skip the Dungeon DLC (since it's only 50% off) that's still $5.49 which is WAY cheaper than buying the season pass.

If you absolutely must have the season pass or it will make you explode, Greenman has the Gold edition with the Season pass for $20 plus you can use a voucher. ITAD is reporting there's a 25% off one right now. *Edit: Just tried it at GMG with the voucher 25HAPP-YXMASF-ROMGMG and it does bring it down to $15.00.

TL;DR - Don't buy the god damned season pass on Steam!

The gelatinous gem-man on the front page of the store appears to bounce to the beat if you play music in the background.

It's more entertaining to watch than the majority of the sales, so there's that. 

Voted for Need for Speed, because I already own Slender and give no shits about Halo.

So, expect Need for Speed to come in last. I think most people should know Halo will win due to all of the Halo fanboys and being the cheapest of the 3, Slender will probably come in 2nd.

Oh, and D2D has added a bunch of stuff to their sale page, but their sort options are lacking. Someone tell me if there is anything good in there.
Spiderman 2 is $14.79. Cheaper than it got on Steam thanks to losing the vote. :roll:

I might bite on it. I guess they don't do vouchers anymore like they used to when they were Gamefly, huh?

*Edit: Apparently that's the lowest price to date by just a hair. ITAD is showing the lowest as Amazon selling it for $14.80 this past Black Friday.

Um... is Steam Deals Thread v14 up yet? The deals on the OP haven't been updated in a week or so.  I can monitor my wishlist, but it's useful to see the daily and weekly specials that I don't know about;  that's usually how I find additional games to buy (if 75% off or more) or expand my wishlist backlog (if less than 75% off).

And I don't care how often you put Magicka on sale, Gaben, I'm still not gonna buy it. :whistle2:

Um... is Steam Deals Thread v14 up yet? The deals on the OP haven't been updated in a week or so. I can monitor my wishlist, but it's useful to see the daily and weekly specials that I don't know about; that's usually how I find additional games to buy (if 75% off or more) or expand my wishlist backlog (if less than 75% off).

And I don't care how often you put Magicka on sale, Gaben, I'm still not gonna buy it. :whistle2:
https://steamdb.info/sales/

Just got GTA IV:  Complete Edition and LA Noir Complete Edition from Nuveen.  Came out to less than $8.00.  Had no interest in playing Nikko's story but I wanted to play the Liberty City stories.  I could have simply bought Episodes from Liberty City but the complete was only a dollar more.

*middle finger at Steam*

Ended up buying a decent amount of stuff going back to Black Friday. 

Shadow of Mordor + Season Pass (Nuveen)

Dragon Age Inquisition  (Origins)

Lara Croft and Temple of Osteoperosis (Ubisoft B1G1 deal)

South Park Stick of Truth  (Ubisoft B1G1)

Age of Wonders  (Steam)

GTA IV Complete  (Nuveen)

LA Noir Complete  (Nuveen)

Dungeons of Dredmore Complete  (Steam)

Panzer Corps  (Steam)

Defense Grid Containment Bundle  (Steam)

Star Wars: Empire at War Gold  (Steam)

Need for Speed Most Wanted  (Origins)

Spiderman 2 is $14.79. Cheaper than it got on Steam thanks to losing the vote. :roll:

I might bite on it. I guess they don't do vouchers anymore like they used to when they were Gamefly, huh?

*Edit: Apparently that's the lowest price to date by just a hair. ITAD is showing the lowest as Amazon selling it for $14.80 this past Black Friday.
Hmm, I guess Amazon put Spiderman 2 at $14.79 now too. Which I might have realized sooner if they actually oh had a rep who gave clear info or something.
fuck!!!

Still Unclaimed

And Yet It Moves

Ballpoint Universe - Infinite

Dear Esther

Frozen Synapse

Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams

Guacamelee Gold Edition

KAMI

Little Inferno

Little Inferno

Still don't PM me

Oh, and D2D has added a bunch of stuff to their sale page, but their sort options are lacking. Someone tell me if there is anything good in there.
That is one crummy interface. I sorted the 300 + sale items by price and could only view the first 100. Reverse price sort gets another hundred. Am I really supposed to use release dates and ESRB ratings to see the missing 100+ items? fuck :wall:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back