The Official CAG July 2012 Pick-Ups Thread

2012-07-09_17-58-54_873.jpg

Some of my more pricey pickups as of late. I just got them in the mail a little while ago. Great condition aside from I, and eliminating one of the big rares needed to finish my Mega Man CIB collection.

[quote name='tooshorty6432168']
2012-07-09_17-58-54_873.jpg

Some of my more pricey pickups as of late. I just got them in the mail a little while ago. Great condition aside from I, and eliminating one of the big rares needed to finish my Mega Man CIB collection.[/QUOTE]

Seeing that Dr. Wily's Revenge takes me back. I haven't seen one of those boxes since I opened one for Christmas in 1991 :). I still have the manual and game, but my mom threw away the boxes when I was a kid #-o.

Nice MM purchase!

We've got a guy on the cover project that has a pretty intense MM collection as well. He often posts his insane, awesome new purchases. Some of the stuff I never even knew existed o_O

Wow, he certainly has a ton. I would love to find some of the action figures, but I'm really just interested in NTSC video games for collection purposes, so that definitely simplifies things for me.

I was actually talking to him on NA for a bit over IV, but we couldn't agreee on a price. Such a small internet.

1341907500.jpg

Great set of games for only 30 dollars. I got my second copies of MVC, Power Stone 2 and Castlevania Chronicles. They were all near mint too.

[quote name='dan13l858']
1341907500.jpg

Great set of games for only 30 dollars. I got my second copies of MVC, Power Stone 2 and Castlevania Chronicles. They were all near mint too.[/QUOTE]

how did you get these for that price? You are 1 lucky bastard!

The Super Famicom collection has grown a bit.

picture.php

New additions: Mario no Super Picross, All Japan Pro-Wrestling, Super Fire Pro-Wrestling X, Super Fire Pro-Wrestling: Queen's Special, Atsushi Onite FMW, Tetris Battle Gaiden, Super Puyo Puyo, The Slayers, Sailor Moon R.

Atsushi Onita FMW is so laughably bad that I did a YouTube video on it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkZ4WLs2SDw

picture.php

Uniracers and Faceball 2000 for the Super Nintendo. I had Faceball 2000 back in the 90's, but traded it in at Funcoland towards a PlayStation, IIRC. Uniracers, I played once at a Christian bookstore about 12-13 years ago.

picture.php

Roommania #203 for the Sega Dreamcast. You play as God to a Japanese guy. Bought it solely for the laughs that will result from moving around the furniture while he's out of his apartment.

picture.php

WWF Wrestlemania 2000 and NFL Street strategy guides. Got both of them for a dollar combined. Never knew WM2K had a guide, so I had to get it.

Since I don't know where to get the URL for the image i got...

PS Vita Wi-Fi ($120)
Serj Tankian's New CD ($7)
Uncharted: Golden Abyss Vita
Gravity Rush Vita
Uncharted 3 Collectors Edition

Not bad $130 for all that stuff, thanks Best Buy!

Other:
CKY2K DVD

2Q==

[quote name='simdog']Since I don't know where to get the URL for the image i got...

PS Vita Wi-Fi ($120)
Serj Tankian's New CD ($7)
Uncharted: Golden Abyss Vita
Gravity Rush Vita
Uncharted 3 Collectors Edition

Not bad $130 for all that stuff, thanks Best Buy!

Other:
CKY2K DVD

2Q==
[/QUOTE]

How did you get the Vita so cheap? Or are you counting credit.

[quote name='tuffguycore']How did you get the Vita so cheap? Or are you counting credit.[/QUOTE]
Was counting gift cards got Gravity, Uncharted Vita, and Uncharted 3 Collectors for $20 too :p I love best buy.

[quote name='simdog']Was counting gift cards got Gravity, Uncharted Vita, and Uncharted 3 Collectors for $20 too :p I love best buy.[/QUOTE]

Ah that makes more sense. I was so confused haha, I want one but definitely not for >150 at this point.

[quote name='Survivalism']They came from a thrift store or something similar.[/QUOTE]

He's right. I'm always searching for the next score.

[quote name='dan13l858']He's right. I'm always searching for the next score.[/QUOTE]

I found a black-label FFVII the other day for $2. :applause:

^^^ NICE!

picture.php

WTF?! The weirdness of the Japanese market never ceases to amaze and bewilder me. You gotta tell us how it is once you've put some time into it.

I just grabbed a bunch of stuff from one of my favorite eBay sellers, yamatoku-classic. In fact, I would continually buy stuff from him all year 'round and just have him send me a package semi-annually if I could. I find myself ALWAYS watching at least a few of his auctions. Anyway, got this swag...

Mobile Suit Gundam V.1 CIB for the Wonderswan $1.36
Chocobo Dungeon CIB for the Wonderswan $3.25
Hunter X Hunter CIB for the Wonderswan $4.07
Super Robot Wars 3 CIB for the SFC $5.06
Super Robot Wars 4 CIB for the SFC $4.24
OEM rechargeable battery pack and charger for the non-SP GBA (AGB-004, AGB-004) CIB $4.00

Total = $21.98, and of course shipping is 22.00 bucks. I should hit him up about my semi-annual idea. I bet he wouldn't mid as long as I paid for the items as I went along, minus shipping of course.

I'll post pics when everything arrives :)

Well, actually, I have this local store that gives really good trade in values. I traded in about 160 bucks of junky NES games there so that cost me $90 of that credit.

I swung by Sears at work today and found some decent clearance stuff there for once in my life.

20120711_232005.jpg

I know the PS2 games aren't worth much, but I should be able to make a few bucks off of them at least. I couldn't resist for less than a dollar.

Also, I got my new phone in the mail yesterday and am liking it a lot over my Droid X so far. I just need to find a decent case for it as I feel like it's ready to kill itself by slipping out of my hand at any moment.

20120711_094117.jpg

CameraZOOM-20120711222344802.jpg

Finn SDCC plushie
Beemo keychain
The Behemoth squeeze toy
Assassin's Creed 3 blow up tomahawk

CameraZOOM-20120711222216020.jpg

Marceline and the Scream Queens #1 (SDCC 2012 edition)
Princess Bubblegum Mimobot
Adventure Time Finn pillow

[quote name='TheHelix']
CameraZOOM-20120711222344802.jpg
Finn SDCC plushie
Beemo keychain
The Behemoth squeeze toy
Assassin's Creed 3 blow up tomahawk
CameraZOOM-20120711222216020.jpg

Marceline and the Scream Queens #1 (SDCC 2012 edition)
Princess Bubblegum Mimobot
Adventure Time Finn pillow[/QUOTE]

I love Adventure Time, so jealous of your swag haha.

[quote name='wiggyx']^^^ NICE!

picture.php

WTF?! The weirdness of the Japanese market never ceases to amaze and bewilder me. You gotta tell us how it is once you've put some time into it.
[/QUOTE]I'll definitely report back on Roommania. So far, a GameFAQs translation guide is a must.

[quote name='AugustAPC']Haven't posted any pick-ups in a long time, so I thought I'd pop off:

julypickups.jpg
[/QUOTE]Harvest Moon 64 is one of my favorite N64 games. Excellent choice!:applause:

I'm gonna post up a bunch of stuff I got this week and probably a bunch of shit that I was surprised I still had in my basement either later tonight or tomorrow.

[quote name='tuffguycore']I love Adventure Time, so jealous of your swag haha.[/QUOTE]

If anyone finds a Gunter plushie at Comic Con, I will sell my soul for it.

It's been quite awhile since I posted my pick-ups. I'll try to get caught up eventually.

picture.php

I picked up the Playstation Display for my kitchen. I thought the price was right plus I was happy to get a new PS3 game and a new pair of 3D glasses that work with my 3DTV.

...I picked up the Mexican Fanta when I picked up the display. I still haven't figured out how to open it.

Purchased some more disc-only game cube games for the great price of 5$ each :)

I bought CHIBI-ROBO!, Zelda Collectors Edition, Pikmin 1.

I don't know if Chibi-Robo is a good game but it was cheap, Great price for these games :)

[quote name='IceCweam']Purchased some more disc-only game cube games for the great price of 5$ each :)

I bought CHIBI-ROBO!, Zelda Collectors Edition, Pikmin 1.

I don't know if Chibi-Robo is a good game but it was cheap, Great price for these games :)[/QUOTE]

Chibi-Robo is fun, but gets stale pretty quickly, so just keep that in mind.

[quote name='Squarehard']Chibi-Robo is fun, but gets stale pretty quickly, so just keep that in mind.[/QUOTE]

Alright :)

[quote name='KillerRamen']...I picked up the Mexican Fanta when I picked up the display. I still haven't figured out how to open it.[/QUOTE]

Your teeth. It's the only proper way to do so ;)

[quote name='wiggyx']Your teeth. It's the only proper way to do so ;)[/QUOTE]

I figured it out. I expected it to taste different than regular Fanta, but I think it tastes exactly the same. It does come in a cool bottle though.

bread's done
Back