Wal-Mart will accept Video Game Trade-Ins starting March 26

Stop acting so damn sketchy then.
It's not about being sketchy. It's about certain Wal-Mart employees being stupid as hell. I don't know what kind of training Wal-Mart gives these guys but it's completely asinine when I'm stopped and questioned. I guess what's really bad is that I highly doubt any of them have ever stopped a shoplifter before..... I mean do they expect a thief to just feel a sudden pang of remorse and break down during their "interrogation"? And then just stand there and wait for the police to pick them up? It's just a notch above Sam's Club where a fucking guard will actually take your receipt and go through your buggy marking off your items.

I've never taken a cent from Wal-mart (though lord knows they've tried to rob me with mis-priced merchandise and employees who refuse to pricematch ads) so I don't appreciate being treated like some parole-breaking miscreant when I walk out the store. It's an annoyance and it's a waste of time, and those who know me know that's something I don't tolerate lol.

People need to stop worrying about what the store itself sells the game for. :roll:
Nonsense. I don't think even Gamestop is that bad (even if the game is still new). I've seen these copies of Other M at all my local stores too, along with full priced copies of Monster Hunter 3 for Wii, Skyward Sword, Pikmin 2, ect. I wonder how much longer these games are gonna just sit there and what will ultimately happen to them....

Last edited:
It's not about being sketchy. It's about certain Wal-Mart employees being stupid as hell. I don't know what kind of training Wal-Mart gives these guys but it's completely asinine when I'm stopped and questioned. I guess what's really bad is that I highly doubt any of them have ever stopped a shoplifter before..... I mean do they expect a thief to just feel a sudden pang of remorse and break down during their "interrogation"? And then just stand there and wait for the police to pick them up? It's just a notch above Sam's Club where a fucking guard will actually take your receipt and go through your buggy marking off your items.

I've never taken a cent from Wal-mart (though lord knows they've tried to rob me with mis-priced merchandise and employees who refuse to pricematch ads) so I don't appreciate being treated like some parole-breaking miscreant when I walk out the store. It's an annoyance and it's a waste of time, and those who know me know that's something I don't tolerate lol.
Then don't fucking shop there. You are an example of a customer I don't like dealing with.

Lol at people complaining about people that work there. This isn't a specialty store, children, they hire people that need a job and that's it. It's 2014 and some of you still walk into retail stores expecting employees to know the products. They're there for a job and a paycheck, if you want someone that's PAID to know their shit go to a professional store that deals in the products you want to know about.

Funny how some of you are irked that they apparently won't pay you cash either. This is Wal-Mart, one of the few companies whose numbers only go up every year with profits breaking records every time, they sure as hell aren't giving you anything but credit.

I have a feeling I will use this if I need some MS Points in a hurry. So if I know that GS is giving me $2 for a game that walmart is offering $5...well, now I am getting a little more off ms currency. Otherwise, sites like glyde, 99gamers, or even the trading section on this site will be my first options.

Well this is gonna be such a pleasant surprise come next Wednesday... just more work I'm gonna have to do since my crew is useless!

I already know all the associates in my area are just gonna play deaf, dumb, and stupid, like they do with everything in electronics, and just pass the buck to either Me or the CSMs, whom will either have no clue what to do or just pass it right back to me!

I can't even apologize for how the associates act in electronics because they just don't care at all.

PSN Cards, XBL Cards, and Nintendo Cards don't fall under Gift Cards so you can get them with any WM Gift Cards. Only cards like those AMEX, Discover, Etc. Etc. are considered Gift Cards (the ones by the Checkout lanes)
I solute you NY Gamer. Your post gives me hope that there are still some hardworking people out there!

I'm still salty about letting all those XB1 games go for cheap before BBY resurrected the values temporarily. Ain't nobody got time to mess with WalMart.

Not worth the effort, I did just compare ZombieU @  Target / RadioShack and Walmart, they all use cexchange. Walmart was 7, Target 5 and Radioshack was not worth mentioning.

Looks like walmart requires case as it went to 0.00 when I removed the case.

I just barely got the papers with all the info for this earlier (yet to read), I work in Electronics there, but I don't see this doing well much like the trade in for phones.

Then don't fucking shop there. You are an example of a customer I don't like dealing with.
You gleaned all that from one paragraph? Whatever, there's no need to be so bitchy either way. All I was doing was sharing my thoughts on this subject.

And just what in the hell am I supposed to do? I've got to eat, and Wal-Mart is the only grocery store close to my home. This isn't Newegg, Nintendo, or EA we are talking about here.... it's Wal-Mart. For what it's worth, I don't buy games, movies, or much else there anytime aside from Black Friday, and haven't for years. But for food, toiletries, ect. they are pretty much unavoidable (at least they are in my area). Spouting off "Don't shop there" isn't a solution.

I suppose you'd just have me become a farmer. Or I guess I could do my grocery shopping at the gas station :roll:

I just barely got the papers with all the info for this earlier (yet to read), I work in Electronics there, but I don't see this doing well much like the trade in for phones.
Ugh, I've seen way too many people get ripped off doing this. They walk away thinking they are getting something. It's kinda funny at first but really it just gets kinda sad :cry:

Last edited:
I hate the owners, not the employees. They are the worst kind of christians, abuse everyone around them while pretending to be pious.

A game like Battlefield 3 has 3 different trade in values: Limited Edition, standard ed and Premium Edition lol
If anyone can tell me how to get the UPC for a listing out of the search I will be ecstatic.
As in, I find a game by name, but there are three or four listings for the same/similar names. How do I figure the UPC attached to the value I want? :)

EDIT: You can search by UPC, but I want to know the UPC from a product I found by name.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nonsense. I don't think even Gamestop is that bad (even if the game is still new). I've seen these copies of Other M at all my local stores too, along with full priced copies of Monster Hunter 3 for Wii, Skyward Sword, Pikmin 2, ect. I wonder how much longer these games are gonna just sit there and what will ultimately happen to them....
If there are really copies of Pikmin 2 sitting around at your Walmart then you might want to pick at least one up. They're out of print and actually worth more on the secondary market right now.

I worked at the walmart in my hometown for about a year. I was very passionate about getting into the electronics department (and let my supervisors and other supervisors know on a weekly basis) because I knew about everything going on there better than the people who worked in the department. Needless to say they stuck me in the home and garden section with 4 old ladies because I was the only one who could pick up a damn grill. Otherwise I knew nothing about gardening, plants, seasonal junk. And I didn't care. I ended up being a very sad bored employee. So, moral of the story is I don't see this trade in program working out, at all.

Working for walmart (2nd shift ICT, not electronics) I can only summize that it'll be like any other start to a trade in program like bestbuys or targets. Sure it'll be rocky at first and both the store and customers will have the share of ups and downs.

Idk about others location but it seem like no one where I travel to there always either a GameStop right next to Walmart or in the same shopping plaza as Walmart so should be interesting on flips

If there are really copies of Pikmin 2 sitting around at your Walmart then you might want to pick at least one up. They're out of print and actually worth more on the secondary market right now.
I already got 2 copies as gifts, that's 1 more than I need. I'm really not interested in flipping games, especially is it means someone else who would play it misses out. They have some other interesting stuff, like copies of Okami for for like $40, Ivy the Kiwi, A Boy and his Blob, Epic Mickey (both the original and the one that came with that paintbrush doohicky) ect. I guess it's kind of sad in a way.... :cry:

If somebody here really wants a copy and is willing to pay the price + shipping let me know and I'm sure we can work something out.

Idk about others location but it seem like no one where I travel to there always either a GameStop right next to Walmart or in the same shopping plaza as Walmart so should be interesting on flips
lol that's true in many places. Gamestop does that intentionally, setting up shop next to a Wal-Mart is pretty much an ideal location for a bunch of businesses.

Last edited:
When does this start and what is the limit on trading in multiple copies of a game?
You can initiate online trades now (you have 10 days from when you lock-in the trade to ship it out; I'm not sure if this means you have to mail it by then or they have to receive it by then :???:), but in-store trades begin a week from tomorrow (3/26).

Looks like online you can trade in unlimited of the same game. Rather do it in store though so I'll wait till next week before trading in.

This is great, another place to trade in and get Amazon / Visa gift cards.

I used to love when a new mom and pop used game store would open up because their trade values were always awesome in the first month or so to get inventory. I used to take N64 and GBA games there and make it rain lol. You could trade in a handful of games and get well over 100 bucks. You had to do it fast though cause after that first month or so they would adopt Gamestop like prices.

You can initiate online trades now (you have 10 days from when you lock-in the trade to ship it out; I'm not sure if this means you have to mail it by then or they have to receive it by then :??? :), but in-store trades begin a week from tomorrow (3/26).
if the online trade in is an easy, and smooth process. i might considering doing it.

Well guys I already did a online trade for 2 games for like a test run to see how good the program is. The receiving center is in the same state I live in so hopefully this will be faster then Amazon! Will ship them out later today and see how long it take to get the credit from them.

My point is... who gives a crap?

Seriously. So what if they sell it for $20 or $50 or $1000? All you care about is how much you can get for it. What does it matter to you how much Other M is selling for? Are you going to trade it in for $3 and then buy it back? Do you go to best buy and bemoan the fact that they're giving $20 for a game after bonus and sell it for $15? No. So stop worrying about it.

Disconnect between retail price and trade in value when it favors you = HOORAY FLIP TIME

Disconnect between retail price and trade in value when it doesn't favor you = HOW DARE THEY. HOW. DARE. THEY!!! RAAAAAAAGGGGGGE!

Some CAGs boy -- always finding indignity in shit they shouldn't give a rat's ass about.

Bah. Anyway, you know what we really need? Good bonuses like amazon did when they first started their trade in store.

Seriously. So what if they sell it for $20 or $50 or $1000? All you care about is how much you can get for it. What does it matter to you how much Other M is selling for? Are you going to trade it in for $3 and then buy it back? Do you go to best buy and bemoan the fact that they're giving $20 for a game after bonus and sell it for $15? No. So stop worrying about it.

Disconnect between retail price and trade in value when it favors you = HOORAY FLIP TIME
Disconnect between retail price and trade in value when it doesn't favor you = HOW DARE THEY. HOW. DARE. THEY!!! I MAD!

Some CAGs boy -- always finding indignity in shit they shouldn't give a rat's ass about.
When anger rises, think of the consequences.

Disconnect between retail price and trade in value when it doesn't favor you = HOW DARE THEY. HOW. DARE. THEY!!! RAAAAAAAGGGGGGE!

Bah. Anyway, you know what we really need? Good bonuses like amazon did when they first started their trade in store.
Maybe they care about others getting ripped off?

bread's done
Back