Wal-Mart will accept Video Game Trade-Ins starting March 26

Anybody know the return policy when buying  a pre-owned game?  I've been searching Walmart.com and can't find anything. I found one I want at a decent price, but hate to get one that's been resurfaced with no manual and be stuck with it.

Anybody know the return policy when buying a pre-owned game? I've been searching Walmart.com and can't find anything. I found one I want at a decent price, but hate to get one that's been resurfaced with no manual and be stuck with it.
http://www.walmart.com/cp/Pre-Owned-Games-Learn-More/1056244 Same Return Policy as for New Games
If you were shipped a video game that is not working properly, you may return the defective game within 21 days of receipt.
All pre-owned video games purchased from Walmart.com must be returned unopened either to a store or by mail within 90 days of receiving it.
For additional information, please view our full Return Policy.

So basically once you open the shrink wrap on the used game they could refuse the return the same way if you tried returning new unopened game that you opened

http://www.walmart.com/cp/Pre-Owned-Games-Learn-More/1056244 Same Return Policy as for New Games
If you were shipped a video game that is not working properly, you may return the defective game within 21 days of receipt.
All pre-owned video games purchased from Walmart.com must be returned unopened either to a store or by mail within 90 days of receiving it.
For additional information, please view our full Return Policy.

So basically once you open the shrink wrap on the used game they could refuse the return the same way if you tried returning new unopened game that you opened
Interesting. How would you know the game is defective until you remove the shrink wrap? Looks like I will stick with Gamestop for preowned...

Interesting. How would you know the game is defective until you remove the shrink wrap? Looks like I will stick with Gamestop for preowned...
It probably means they accept returns on unopened games for any reason, versus opened items only for defective items.

Excellent question. I clicked on the provided link and that is indeed what it says though.
I mean since it is Wal-Mart and they are the kind of company don't really care it does state the policy is the same as new games. Which means when a new game is defective you can exchange it for the same title. Which mean probably going through the process of sending the game back in waiting for them to receive it or taking it to store and then Wal-Mart reordering the same exact game for you then wait for that replacement copy to arrive hoping it isn't the same way. So probably just a lot of unnecessary tied up time

I mean since it is Wal-Mart and they are the kind of company don't really care it does state the policy is the same as new games. Which means when a new game is defective you can exchange it for the same title. Which mean probably going through the process of sending the game back in waiting for them to receive it or taking it to store and then Wal-Mart reordering the same exact game for you then wait for that replacement copy to arrive hoping it isn't the same way. So probably just a lot of unnecessary tied up time
Tl;dr: Business as usual at Walmart. :roll:

So there is a 2 game limit per account now is what I'm reading in the last couple of pages? Darn! Edit: Sorry for asking, see if I add 3 titles it does say that.

What is their policy for sending in an order with some titles missing? Just give you a gift card for what you did send in?

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone got the game/item back in crap condition? I sent a phone in that got returned and the battery is warped now. It looks like it exploded or something.

I went ahead and bought Skyrim for Xbox 360 for $9.28 after tax. The guy at the Site to Store counter was happy to open the game up for me to check out. It was in perfect condition, but I'm thinking it'd be hard to blame the customer for something if it's opened then and there.

This guy traded in some video games and is looking to use some of that credit on a sweet handheld.

424.jpg

Why the fuck is he on his knees?

Guys shouldn't be on their knees

Just saying
It's at least better than straining your neck to look up at the TV screen. I can't even remember the last time I played a demo at Wal-Mart just to strain my neck after I walk out of the store. :shame:

@Equistina is that u and what's up with all the little people in the backaround

It's at least better than straining your neck to look up at the TV screen. I can't even remember the last time I played a demo at Wal-Mart just to strain my neck after I walk out of the store. :shame:
I didn't even know walmart had demos, but then again I don't go to walmart. I go to Target or as people here call it, Tarjay. :D

@Equistina is that u and what's up with all the little people in the backaround
Couldn't think of anything more original?

He had to leave his basement to trade in his massive Game boy collection. He was disappointed they didn't want his GB games. He almost began to cry because it was a wasted trip out of the basement. Lucky for him they accepted his 100 copies of Hannah Montana DS. Thank you Miley Cyrus for bringing gaming joy to this manchild.

I actually feel bad for that guy, hope he's not a poster on here or something haha.

Dude needs to know a man his size (and...ummm...physique) should stay the hell away from the demo stations, atlhough I have to admit I get annoyed when they position them strictly for a 5 year old. 

I need to move some Best Buy credit over to Walmart.  Does anyone know of any good flips?  I'm not looking to make a profit, just move credit.

[quote name="Ranch Wings AKA RiceQuakes" post="11839875" timestamp="1402675312"]If anyone still has Wal-Mart credit, I found a loophole for getting real, honest to goodness moneh.[/quote]share with the group

bread's done
Back