1 Free Year of EGM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote name='spookyhurst']I gave it a shot. I signed up recently for a free year of Games for Windows, and it started showing up within a month. Got 3 issues in one day (June, July, and August). Don't know if it will still work, but here's the link. Promo code = lostplanet

https://www.zdmcirc.com/forms/secure/GFW_Capcom_Partn.html[/QUOTE]
Any word if signing up several times will net you a free multi-year sub?

[quote name='DXSSI']LOL, does anybody pay for EGM? I'm moving this week, so I'm gonna have to pass on this tempting offer, but it reminded me to log on to EGM's site to update my address. I have 100 issues remaining, all acquired through various free offers over the years... my subscription is effective until November of 2015.[/QUOTE]

I got ya beat :) August of 2026 here!!!

Anyone have longer than that?

FS

I don't know how, but my free EGM subscription (which I've had for years) seems to get extended on its own... my subscription doesn't run out until 2012 :/

I love this magazine. It's terrific. I wish there was more import and portable coverage, but I still feel they're the best industry mag overall.

Does anyone remember the gaming magazine "Next Generation"? It was great. It was one of the few gaming magazines written for people over 12 years old. Sadly it is no longer being published.

EGM is ok. It is great for free. I don't pay for any magazines. If you understand how magazines make their money (ads) then you shouldn't either. Magazines can charge more for ads when they have more "subscribers"...that is why many magazines will give away subscriptions to inflate their reader base.

[quote name='EvilManatee']Does anyone remember the gaming magazine "Next Generation"? It was great. It was one of the few gaming magazines written for people over 12 years old. Sadly it is no longer being published.

EGM is ok. It is great for free. I don't pay for any magazines. If you understand how magazines make their money (ads) then you shouldn't either. Magazines can charge more for ads when they have more "subscribers"...that is why many magazines will give away subscriptions to inflate their reader base.[/quote]

Next Gen was a great mag...but they are online only now.

[quote name='EvilManatee']Does anyone remember the gaming magazine "Next Generation"? It was great. It was one of the few gaming magazines written for people over 12 years old. Sadly it is no longer being published.
[/QUOTE]
The best gaming mag ever. Period. All current magazines are complete crap. Nintendo Power is the worst. Unreadable. OXM and EGM aren't much better. GI is the best, but it's still horrible. I haven't read Gamepro in a LONG time, but it started going downhill in the early 90s, I doubt it's much better now. But honestly, with the internet, I don't understand why most print media still exists. Even with daily newspapers, by the time it gets to you, it's outdated. What's the point?

[quote name='DarkNessBear']I fucking hate Jennifer Tsao...

Shes so annoying!!! *punches a baby*[/quote]

Off topic but your post reminded me of this Penny Arcade comic:

Boxofkittens.gif

[quote name='Tsukento']Despite the fact that...they talk about the 360 VERY often and usually frown on some of Nintendo's methods. Yeah, real Nintendo fanboys alright. And to be fair, they're ordinary gamers like us. Only they're also journalists. They don't get full copies of games for free for every staff member on board. Same with consoles and handhelds. They usually have to pony up their own money to get these things to do their job. Like most people, they're not pleased with the price of the PS3.

Don't see how that makes them "haters."[/quote]

Most fans think most publications hype the competitor and don't give their favorites enough attention.

The price isn't a problem necessarily for the PS3. With anything, if you are going to be more expensive, you better be worth it. And honestly, 3rd party devs are not making the effort to make their PS3 ports utilize the PS3 and make them head and shoulders above their 360 counterparts like they should be. I think people could justify the price easier if they felt there was a reason to do so. With little on the first party side, there just isn't anything better on the PS3 than you can get with your 200 dollar cheaper 360. And they have, at least temporarily, lost the cool factor to the Big N.

Things could start to change this winter though. Reinforcements are coming in the way of some kickass games. As an owner of all 3 consoles, I will be able to enjoy a nice diverse set of games. All 3 consoles will justify their prices.

bread's done
Back