1 Year Subscription to Nintendo Power Magazine $3.85

[quote name='animemaniac14']isn't there any place you can get this thing for free?[/QUOTE]

Man...you ARE a cheapassgamer!!! :)

This magazine was a complete joke before the company revamped the layout and content. I have to admit that I have enjoyed my 3-month trial and have jumped at this offer because of it. Thanks OP.

[quote name='Kendro']Damn, forgot to use the 18% coupon so I paid 75 cents more than everyone else.[/quote]

what 18% coupon?

[quote name='Firwar']what 18% coupon?[/QUOTE]
The one in the first post that you had to have read to get the link in the first place.

[quote name='sandrokstar']i dispute that claim. the subscription pays off for itself for anyone who bothers to Ebay the posters that come with them.
its a terrible magazine but $4 for a year of Nintendo posters is pretty nice.

way to go OP![/QUOTE]
I can't argue with that, I had a sub. but i never read the mag so i stopped it.
i prefer egm and gameinformer. the posters are spot on though.

I've used this site to order and renew probably 50 magazines. It is a decent site which I would recommend. I used a new email address and never received any spam. the prices are great. The only issue I have is well documented here - you will take 3 months to get your first issue. It's a boring web site but it works and they deliver. To reiterate an earlier psot - they DO NOT autorenew.

After reading some posts, I decided to go for it. I've been waiting to re-subscribe to NP since my sub ran out a few months ago.

Thanks OP.

[quote name='oni-link']NP (especially the newly launced) is still better and less obnoxious than the current bullshit EGM publishes every year. I really missed the EGM style that was in the mid to late 90's!!!![/quote]

Same here, but I literally have every issue of EGM from the first until now. So I keep subscribing, but I catch the free year subscriptions that come out every now and then. I just sign up each time with a different name, same adress. Then I ebay any duplicates I end up getting. It's funny when I look at my magazine shelf. EGM goes from really super thick to thinner, and thinner, and thinner. Soon it will simply cease to exist.

I just renewed @ Nintendo.com for full price but I get the Zelda Player's Guide and soundtrack. I wanted both anyways so that warrants the $20 price tag. I wish I didn't miss the past few months of NP, that's when they had Wii coverage. My subs seem to always stop at the good moments at Nintendo.

[quote name='Zor']Same here, but I literally have every issue of EGM from the first until now. So I keep subscribing, but I catch the free year subscriptions that come out every now and then. I just sign up each time with a different name, same adress. Then I ebay any duplicates I end up getting. It's funny when I look at my magazine shelf. EGM goes from really super thick to thinner, and thinner, and thinner. Soon it will simply cease to exist.[/QUOTE]

I remember the thick-ass EGM issues, I'm sure if you correlate the rise of the internet with the decline in thickness it matches up pretty well :)

That being said, can we see a pic of your bookshelf?

If I decide to order, I'll just pay the $20 directly to Nintendo, which gets me a Zelda player's guide and soundtrack free, as well as peace of mind knowing the deal is legit.

I decided to bite on this, been really enjoying the free 3 month subscription that Nintendo gave me for registering 3 products, and you can't really beat $4.

Any codes still good? Even so, for $4, ill bite.

[quote name='williamsle']The code "VALUE18" is back and good through February 5th. It is good for 18% off.[/QUOTE]

I placed three orders with the site, but only got confirmation emails for two (charged for all three) I've emailed them three times, but after three weeks I still haven't heard back. Essentially, it's a great deal, but just pray nothing goes wrong because they aren't good communicators.

I got an email confirmation from Nintendo that my subscription went through and that the first issue I receive will be the May issue. However I am having the damndest time figuring out how they connected my "My Nintendo" account with this magazine subscription. Unless they matched the subscription info that I entered through "Best Deal Magazines" with my Nintendo account but I didn't think they would go through that process.

Paid on 1-24 and have not yet recieved anything?

Business Name:
Best Deal Magazines (The recipient of this payment is Verified) Email:
[email protected]
Total Amount:
-$3.99 USD
Item Amount:
$3.99 USD Shipping:
$0.00 USD Handling:
$0.00 USD Quantity:
1 Item Title:
NINTENDO POWER Date:
Jan. 24, 2007 Time:
05:51:31 PST

Thanks for posting this deal. Definitely worth 3.85, even if only to breeze through just look at some game screens and previews.

[quote name='williamsle']The code "VALUE18" is back and good through February 5th. It is good for 18% off.[/quote]

This code still works so if anyone wants to order now, its a very good deal.

Hey, odd that this was bumped today because just this morning I got an email from Nintendo:

Thank you for your Nintendo Power subscription order! A subscription
renewal to Nintendo Power magazine was set up on 03/12/07.
The first issue of the renewal is Vol. 215, May 2007.

I ordered it around the same time this thread first popped up (Jan?).

Edit - Ah, now I see Kendro's post... Mine, too, was linked to my Nintendo.com account (which is nice as I was figuring I'd have to do that myself). For those of you who haven't heard anything, do you have a Nintendo.com account with the same address as your NP order? If not, you wouldn't have gotten the email from Nintendo, but yours is probably on order for May as well.

Does anyone know if you sign up for NP via Gamecrazy MVP, will they stack that year on top of the current subscription? Obviously, I don't want 2 copies of the magazine coming to me, but I'd renew my MVP if I got a second year of NP out of it. My MVP is up for renewal soon. Somehow I got it for free last year, but with no magazine sub. (I chose not to sign up for it and the next time I went in they said I had it - very strange).

I got the same email as well, I put renewal when I was ordering the subscription and even though I hadn't subscribed since 2004 they still continued the subscription.

[quote name='mietha']That's still overpriced. That magazine is complete shit.[/QUOTE]

If you stopped reading it since the overhaul, I would agree, but now I find it and EGM to be the best gaming magazines around.

Yeah its definitely worth at least that much, plus they also give coupons in it sometimes such as 10% off used games at gamestop, or for buy 1 get 1 free rentals at blockbuster... there have been other coupons as well.

[quote name='KarmaPD']Definitely interested - does anybody have experience with this site?[/QUOTE]
It takes awhile to get yuor first mag but they are reputableI did this last year and my subscription ran out in February 07 and I noticed I never really read the damn thing. The posters are cool but it isn't even worth it if you don't read it. Personally I always read EGM and GameInformer as they are a better read for me.

I ordered from this site all the way back in January and iv yet to get either magazine I ordered. Im starting to get a little nervous.

You should definitely call nintendo customer service directly.
[quote name='MSI Magus']I ordered from this site all the way back in January and iv yet to get either magazine I ordered. Im starting to get a little nervous.[/quote]

bread's done
Back