20% off Guitar Hero at Guitar Center- Nov 23 only - UPDATED WITH SCAN

Xevious

CAGiversary!
I'm not a Guitar Hero fan but I figured this is worth posting for my fellow CAG members.

Here is how I arrived at the deal:

Tuesday, I received a flyer from Guitar Center with various products listed. Among them was Guitar Hero which was listed for $90 (I'm going by memory so I'm not 100% sure).

Weds, I received a postcard from Guitar Center stating that at from the hours of 8am to 10am, you can take 20% off one item in the store. This will only be for Friday, Nov 23rd - the day after Thanksgiving.

I will scan the postcard later on this weekend and post it on this thread. Oh yeah, if you choose to - you can get 20% off any musical instruments instead of Guitar Hero (except for certain brands - you can read them in the fine print when I scan the postcard)

EDIT:

Here is the scan of the postcard minus my address (thats what that black box is there for).
GuitarCenterNov23.jpg

Nice find. Their website has the Wired Guitar Hero III bundle for $90 and 20% off would make it $72 + tax. I'll try to see if my sister will buy it for me for Christmas. Too bad the only Guitar Center is across town from her.

I'm not knocking Guitar Hero at all when I say this because I love both the game and actually playing guitar, but I would feel like such a tool buying the game from a Guitar Center.

Be careful! I think they're only selling the WIRED version for the 360 like WalMart. At least I saw one there.

[quote name='Xevious']I'm not a Guitar Hero fan but I figured this is worth posting for my fellow CAG members.

Here is how I arrived at the deal:

Tuesday, I received a flyer from Guitar Center with various products listed. Among them was Guitar Hero which was listed for $90 (I'm going by memory so I'm not 100% sure).

Weds, I received a postcard from Guitar Center stating that at from the hours of 8am to 10am, you can take 20% off one item in the store. This will only be for Friday, Nov 23rd - the day after Thanksgiving.

If I get a chance, I will scan the postcard later on this weekend and post it on this thread. Oh yeah, if you choose to - you can get 20% off any musical instruments instead of Guitar Hero.[/QUOTE]
So you just need to go to the store. You don't need the postcard right? Because I didn't get one! I don't think.

I want to get a new guitar and this would rock!!!

Yea, i was thinking about buying one of these coupons from ebay for 10 dollars. Does it say anywhere on the coupon whether or not it's void if copied, or anything like that? If not, thanks ahead of time if you get a chance to scan it on the weekend!
I'm thinking about getting another guitar or effects processor for Christmas.

[quote name='egonpax']So you just need to go to the store. You don't need the postcard right? Because I didn't get one! I don't think.

I want to get a new guitar and this would rock!!![/quote]

From what I remember, you don't need the postcard to get the deal. I will scan it this weekend so you all can see if for yourself. There are some brands that the sale will not work for (like Apple) but I didn't see anything about Guitar Hero.

[quote name='Xevious']From what I remember, you don't need the postcard to get the deal. I will scan it this weekend so you all can see if for yourself. There are some brands that the sale will not work for (like Apple) but I didn't see anything about Guitar Hero.[/QUOTE]
Thanks man.
I want to get a new Taylor acoustic and that coupon, if it works, it would be a pretty awesome discount.

[quote name='Gen3tix'] Does it say anywhere on the coupon whether or not it's void if copied, or anything like that? [/quote]

Its not a coupon. Its just an announcement for a sale.

[quote name='Xevious']Its not a coupon. Its just an announcement for a sale.[/QUOTE]
Ahh, alright, thanks for the clarification. A 20% off almost everything sale sounds awesome!

If you are a gamer and an actual guitar player do the 20% off and then use the special coupon (taped the front of the game box) that gives you $50 off any epiphone or gibson guitar $200 or greater. Two deals in one!!!

[quote name='fraggedbylaggers']If you are a gamer and an actual guitar player do the 20% off and then use the special coupon (taped the front of the game box) that gives you $50 off any epiphone or gibson guitar $200 or greater. Two deals in one!!![/quote]you are better off applying the 20% to a real guitar. I might be picking up the Epiphone DOT with the 20% card.

[quote name='Gen3tix']Ahh, alright, thanks for the clarification. A 20% off almost everything sale sounds awesome![/quote]No, It's only 20% off one item only and it's not automatic. You need to give them the postcard when you go to the register. I have it as well.

[quote name='v00d00ppl']anyone know if this deal will apply on their website during those two hours?[/quote]In store only.

thanks. looks like i gotta wake up early for this.

oh speaking of good deals. if you are in the market for a midi keyboard controller check out the e-mu xboard 49.........you not only get the controller for $169 but they thrown in the FULL version of proteus X2 (retails for $199) plus the mo phat x, planet earth, and protean drum library ($150 for all three). The sound library costs $350, so its already a bargain for the sounds alone plus you get an ok midi controller. The knobs aren't all of that, but i'm just in it for the aftertouch keys.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/E-MU-Xboard-49-USB-MIDI-Controller-103145512-i1154820.gc

so on the 23rd that is what i am looking to get.

I added a scan of the postcard - Minus my address. I like you guys...I just don't want anyone coming by apartment...

:)

[quote name='Xevious']I added a scan of the postcard - Minus my address. I like you guys...I just don't want anyone coming by apartment...

:)[/quote]:( and to think I thought we were friends :(

Was thinking about using this postcard for some effects dealy, but I have a feeling that at 8am, the stores are going to be nothing short of pandemonium.

[quote name='OMGpenguin']Was thinking about using this postcard for some effects dealy, but I have a feeling that at 8am, the stores are going to be nothing short of pandemonium.[/QUOTE]

it depends on which store you go to. some stores its pandemonium and others its just normal retail traffic. i say give it a shot. sometimes they do have crazy deals on popular items of today. For example an akai mpc 1000 retails for $999 but they might do a price slash of $799, then you can do an additional 20% with that because its not a restricted item so 799 less 20% is $639 for a sampler that goes for $999. o h and a little tip if you are interested in buying this sampler make sure the box for it is black and not blue because the black box has the new piezo sensor set-up versus the cheap blue graphite sensors.

bread's done
Back