30 day trial at GameFly (April 30th last day to sign up)

[quote name='Rig']You mean the end date is 5/27 right?[/QUOTE]

It says subscription start date. I think it means when they will start to charge my account.

[quote name='Ragingbull2380']How long is this offer good for?[/QUOTE]It expires April 30.

[quote name='sausageman']I e-mailed them about only getting 10 days instead of 30 when I signed up. If I don't get a response by Friday, I'll call them next Monday. Hopefully they'll extend me to the full 30 days. [/QUOTE]Yeah, thats probably your best bet.

I emailed 'em and got a message that they hadn't heard of the 30 day deal - so I referred them to this thread and the URL in the first post and they added on an extra 20 days to my trial subscription. That was pretty nice of them - so it looks like the 30 day deal is still on.

[quote name='Matt Young']I'm interested in trying this, but I've heard stories on here about games being "lost" in the mail, and I just recently had a shipment from EB Games partially stolen. I don't want to end up trying this out and be charged for a game if it gets stolen or lostin the mail, because I can't afford it.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't be worried in the least about trying it, their customer service is some of the best around so whatever problems pop up they're really willing to get fixed. Like I decided to keep a game but the case and manual never came so I e-mailed them a couple days ago and they sent a replacement right out. Even most of the way across the country I always get my games in 2 buisness days, but the worst part about the service is that it takes a horribly long time for them to get the games back and has always taken 7 to 10 buisness days. Really wonder if they cheap out on the shipping for sending them back.

[quote name='greyzieoriental']i couldnt even sign up for this and i have never done their free trial at all.
only thing i've done was purchase games from them but now that i want to start a free trial it wont let me becuz my credit card is in their system and 1 credit card cant have two accounts or something.[/QUOTE]

same thing happened to me, but i explained to customer service that i only signed up previously to purchase games, and that i didn't use their rental service at all. as further proof, i told them to check my non-existent rental history :) customer service then re-enacted my suspended account and now i'll have 30 days of free rentals hehe.

[quote name='civx']Yeah, you can't make a new account. Which is odd because I fondly remember a rule being in place where could sign up for the free trial every 6 months or something. Probably just a brain fart though.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='civx']
Dear GameFly Customer:

You recently created an account with the same address as an existing GameFly account. Our Terms of Use state that we offer only one free trial per household, so your new account has been set to Hold status until we hear from you.

If you would like us to begin charging your new account immediately, please reply to this email with your approval to charge the new account. Otherwise, you should close this new account and re-activate or continue using your old account. No games will be shipped until we receive a response from you regarding this. Please let me know if you have any questions.
Thank you,

GameFly Customer Service
[/QUOTE]

Same thing happened to me- but I made a brand new acount using my wifes name, e-mail, and credit card. But since its the same address...
no dice

I got punked... trying to punk them.

My page is looping back to the page where it asks for credit card info and shipping address.

As soon as I press the Start My Subscription button, it refreshes the page and brings me right back to the same page - and I've never used their service before.

This is in Firefox, should I switch over to IE and do this?

Morning, same thing happened to me. I just re-opened a gamefly page and logged into my account, and it worked fine from there.

THanks Cheapy.

[quote name='masterh']I emailed 'em and got a message that they hadn't heard of the 30 day deal - so I referred them to this thread and the URL in the first post and they added on an extra 20 days to my trial subscription. That was pretty nice of them - so it looks like the 30 day deal is still on.[/QUOTE]

Did the same thing. Never got a response, but I just checked my subscription terms, and they gave me 20 extra days. I kind of feel bad now because I'll probably still cancel right before my trial ends.

So........anyone know if we have to send the game back before we cancel it? Or can we just cancel the last day and as long as they get the game back a certain day, they wont harge you, or something like that?

I just signed up. I won't continue past the free trial (I'm not much of a renter anyway) but this way I can see if certain games are worth a purchase, as well as play through those games which seem fun but maybe aren't long/deep enough to warrant $50 or so, such as Jade Empire, Lego Star Wars, and Star Wars: Republic Commando.

Thanks, Cheapy!

The link is dead for me, and on the regular "free trial" signup area, there is nowhere to select free 30 day trial. Is something wrong? Is it just doing this for me, or did they remove the deal already? The only reason Id consider 30 days is it gives me a much bigger window for shipping and possibly canceling afterward.

One other question, are you able to purchase rented games while on a free trial account?

after a few phone calls, I got my issue resolved. very responsive. Can anyone post the cancel directions for us the lazy? I'll post later if I don't see it here.

I tried joining a few moments ago, but my mom's credit card got rejected for some reason. I tried another ne of her credit cards, that got rejects to. Now I got this message:

We were unable to process your credit card. For your security, we are locking this account. Please contact customer service at [email protected].

I've e-mailed them. I hope they respond in time and tell me what the problem before the deal ends.

[quote name='zewone']Very, just do it online. Takes 1 minute.[/QUOTE]

Huh? Did they change the cancellation process or something? Last year, when I signed up for the 30 day free trial, I had to call their number to cancel. The cancellation link on the page just directs you to their phone number

Ok, I got it to work finally. The typical problem has come up, though, of it saying I have 10 days. I sent them an e-mail, considering it is the weekend. Hopefully it can be worked out quickly. If not, I'll cancel. I havent put anything into my Q yet, just in case it is only for 10 days after all. If it is for 30, I might use this opportunity to pick up a used PSP game or two, since nobody in the area is willing to trade in PSP games, apparently. Are you able to buy a used game while on the trial subscription?

[quote name='Space_Butler']Ok, I got it to work finally. The typical problem has come up, though, of it saying I have 10 days. I sent them an e-mail, considering it is the weekend. Hopefully it can be worked out quickly. If not, I'll cancel. I havent put anything into my Q yet, just in case it is only for 10 days after all. If it is for 30, I might use this opportunity to pick up a used PSP game or two, since nobody in the area is willing to trade in PSP games, apparently. Are you able to buy a used game while on the trial subscription?[/QUOTE]

I assume you mean if you can buy games at the discounted members price. I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think you can get member benefits until you become a paying member.

There is no longer a price difference for used games between members/non members.
Now, members get free shipping on the used games, and non members pay $3 shipping.

Why not just use your debit card, its much more simple instead of using a Credit Card. Im pretty sure almost everyone with a bank account has a debit.
Thanks Cheapy

[quote name='zewone']Very, just do it online. Takes 1 minute.[/QUOTE]

thanks. I think I will sign up in a little while and try this out

I'm gonna join b4 this expires i think but now every time i go to look at there inventory i get this:
Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a01f4'

Variable is undefined: 'sbIsPSPDeal'

/include/LibProduct.asp, line 769

so i'm gonna let them get stuff fixed b4 i try 2 sign up. :D

I just did it, THANKS CHEAPY! Only thing is, in my account info, it doesn't say FREE trial, it just says 2 games at a time for like 20 bucks, so I sent them an email just to be sure. Now I can finally play God of War and DMC 3 :)

Just signed up, thanks Cheapy! I tried them in the past and wasn't impressed with the speed between discs (vs Netflix or BBO)... is Cali their only distribution point?

I have GF and to be honest i think i'm going ot cancel it. I live on the east coast and from the time i put a game in the mail it takes about 10 days to get the next one, rediculous if you ask me so even if i get a game play it one day and turn around and send it back i get no more than 6 different games per month or so and that's w/ only one day of play time on each.

I emailed them because i only got the 10 day trial when i signed up through the link. They sent me an email back asking where i heard about a 30 day trial. Hopefully i get the 30 day trial because i sent them links to this thread and the promotion page like a few others have done.

I sent them a link in the e-mail, and today they upgraded me to a 30 day. Maybe they did that because I requested they cancel if they could not upgrade me, so maybe they felt pressured a bit. I dunno, but now Im gonna get to play Untold Legends and Spider-Man 2. Unfortunately I wont be able to buy it because apparently it isnt for sale, but at least I'll know whether to buy these games or not afterwards. Thanks for letting me know about the offer, guys!

So... the 30 days are nearly up, how did everybody's experience at Gamefly go? I think it's a great service, the turnaround was only 3 days and the games were in perfect condition.

But I have to cancel this thing :(. Does anybody have a link to their online cancellation? I can't seem to find it. Otherwise I'll have to call in.

service sucked for me, played game one day and returned them the next only received 4 games total and i think the post office lost mines, i dropped it in the PO drop box and they say they never received it yet my netflix movies that i returned the same time, was received

bad experience, also one disc i rented was unplayable

[quote name='peteyrose']So... the 30 days are nearly up, how did everybody's experience at Gamefly go? I think it's a great service, the turnaround was only 3 days and the games were in perfect condition.

But I have to cancel this thing :(. Does anybody have a link to their online cancellation? I can't seem to find it. Otherwise I'll have to call in.[/QUOTE]

i live really close to their distribution center in SoCal, but some of their games took almost a week to get to me. i was thinking of using their service when i first signed up for the free month. however, their slow shipping has made me think otherwise.

I was really excited to try this out and was completely planning on continuing it when I signed up for the trial but after the absolutely horrible shipping times I've decided otherwise.

My experience was so-so. I only got to rent 4 games: DK Jungle Beat and Katamari Damacy, both of which I finished, God of War, which froze everytime I got to the desert, and PoP: Warrior Within, which I had to return before completing. Now I really want to finish those 2, but I just picked up Star Ocean 3 and Paper Mario 2 for $20 apiece, so I guess I'm good for awhile.

I rented RE4, Feel The magic, Pac Pix, Fight Night Round 2, and Chaos theory. The turnaround is too slow for me so I am canceling.

Canceled mine last night. was able to get 3 games out; Mercenaries, SnowBlind (beat it), and Republic Commando (only had it for 2 days).

Shipping was okay (about 2-3 day to my house is WI). I liked the communication and ease of working with them, but I just can't afford it. I'd rather buy a game I really want and finish it on my own time, at least I'll have something to trade in when it's time.

I just started my Blockbuster.com account today (30day free + 2 in-store rentals). Catch up on some movies I missed and pick up a few games I'd like to try out.

Thanks for the trial GameFly.com...I'll be back if you have some more blow-out PO deals w/free shipping.

bread's done
Back