360 Ethernet Cables?

mobster011

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
I remember when I got my 360 someone recommended me to an online merchant that sold ethernet cables for very cheap. Well now I need a longer one and I don't remember the website. Can someone help me out with a site for cheap ethernet cables?

Yes that was the exact one. Now for my last question, what is the exact type that the 360 uses? I think it was Cat5 or Cat6, but I just wanted to be sure

I'm pretty sure it can use either one, but just go with Cat5 because apparently there's not really a (noticable) difference between Cat6 and Cat5. So just stick with Cat5 because it's cheaper and basically same.

OK thanks. Does anyone know if it makes a difference if I use any of these three? Should I just get the cheapest one or does one of them work better that would warrant more money?

[quote name='mobster011']I had another question. The longest monopice.com offers is 100ft. If I need 200 feet, is there anyway to connect 2 cables?[/quote]
If you need something that long, spring the money for CAT6, because it'll be less likely for signal noise over that distance. Ethernet tops out at 300 feet before it needs a repeater/switch/bridge, so you should be able to pull it out for that length without issue. If Monoprice doesn't go above 100 feet (which is a rare need to have a cable longer than that), I'd find a cable vendor who will make a custom cable to your needs.

Question is, why do you need a cable that long? :whistle2:s

My computer is in my basement, and I want to move my 360 from the basement to my room 2 floors up. My house is kinda big, and in addition, my room is on the opposite side of the house than the computer so it has to go up and over to the other side of the house.

My DS doesn't catch the Wifi signal, so even if I were to get the 360 wireless adapter, that most likely wouldn't detect the Wifi signal.

I think you could either get 2x 100 ft cables and a bridge to connect them or get a powerline network adaptor for the 360.

I'd get a wired router in the basement for the computer and run the cord 100 ft to the wireless router so you'd have better coverage in your house. You'd end up with your wireless router randomly in your living room or kitchen but you'd get the signal upstairs.

Instead of making a new thread, I'll hijack this one:

What's the best place to trade in or sell the ethernet cables that came with premium 360? I don't need mine.

[quote name='djkunai']Instead of making a new thread, I'll hijack this one:

What's the best place to trade in or sell the ethernet cables that came with premium 360? I don't need mine.[/QUOTE]

You probably won't get hardly anything for your cable. Try ebay?

bread's done
Back