360 hd dvd drive $130 tru

XBOX 360 HD DVD drive for $129.99 at ToysRus
I called my local TRU store they said its the same price as well in STORE so YMMV

Also buying online, the shipping and tax may vary so...still its a pretty good deal

Got this deal from FW so props to them

Happy Holidays!

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2538552

You can also still get the 5 DVDs for free with REBAT
http://assets.xbox.com/en-US/hardware/hddvd/Xbox360_HDDVDOffer.pdf
Expires 2/28/08

BETTER DEAL AT AMAZON.COM
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000JHO4L0/ref=nosim/?tag=fatwalletcom&linkCode=as1
Free Shipping and No tax

Saw this on FW about an hour ago like the OP and jumped on it. Same price in store here (Charlottesville, VA).
CSR said the computer said it was was going to be discontinued.
New model coming out??? Cheaper prices for the standalone HD-DVD players??? Toy R Us being just nice?
All I know is that I got a deal on my #1 Xmas list item!

Later,
EG

Normally $200, so $130 is a steal. If you have a 1080p TV, or are even THINKING about one... jump on this. Works great with an Xbox 360 or even a high end PC and PowerDVD.

I am about to jump on it, but why the price drop? Is a new one one the way? I don't want to get one now if there will be a new one in 2 months. Since this is at TRU and Amazon is this going to be a national drop or just these 2 stores???

Just got back from my TRU and got it for $117 after tax. They had a Babies R Us coupon on the counter in the electronics for 15% off one item. I asked her to try it and it worked. YMMV but I couldn't pass it up. Merry Christmas to me. Now I just need a HDTV.

Damnit. I just purchased the drive from a buddy who replaced it with an HD-A3 for $100 the other day. I would've gone for this just for the movies.

Nuts. (Awesome deal for those who are in the market though)

The HD drive connects to the XBox 360 via USB cable, right? Is there any loss of signal this way, and are you better off just buying a standalone that has direct HDMI to the TV?

[quote name='Trocar']The HD drive connects to the XBox 360 via USB cable, right? Is there any loss of signal this way, and are you better off just buying a standalone that has direct HDMI to the TV?[/quote]

From what I have heard, there is no loss as far as the USB connection from the disk to the system. Now, out of the system will matter. Right now all I have is component so I am sure I am not getting the true HD of the HD DVD. Once I upgrade the TV, then it will shine.

[quote name='hoofrog']From what I have heard, there is no loss as far as the USB connection from the disk to the system. Now, out of the system will matter. Right now all I have is component so I am sure I am not getting the true HD of the HD DVD. Once I upgrade the TV, then it will shine.[/QUOTE]

Component is as good as HDMI, as long as you have it set to 1080i (the max of what this player can output). What TV set do you have?

i have a vga cable, will it still output in 1080i? i know it goes 1080p but my projector isnt 1080p just 1080i/720p. if its only 720p will the movies still look good compared to 1080i?

im gonna go down there friday, hopefully they still have it. gonna try and look for that babies r us coupon!

do u guys think its worth a purchase or should i/we wait?

[quote name='mykevermin']Component is as good as HDMI, as long as you have it set to 1080i (the max of what this player can output). What TV set do you have?[/quote]

It is an older Sony CRT. It doesn't do progressive scan or 1080i. The best I have is 16:9 "mode". Like I said, I am in need of an upgrade... but I have to say... even on this old guy, damn that is one nice picture.

bread's done
Back