40% off select titles at Gamestop

Always check your disc before you leave. I even open up sealed games in the store just to check it out. You never know if it's been resealed.

Or.....you could just shop elsewhere.

[quote name='icedrake523']I blame GS more b/c I'm betting they're paying the devs off. The devs deserve blame, too. I believe any in-game content available at launch should be on disk or downloadable for free.[/QUOTE]

Hasn't every single one of these "gamestop preorder exclusives" though been just a generic code anyone can enter on every copy of the game?

It's not like the devs/publishers are burning special discs just for Gamestop, or using unique passwords/codes given out only with gamestop copies...are they?

[quote name='karkyco']Hasn't every single one of these "gamestop preorder exclusives" though been just a generic code anyone can enter on every copy of the game?

It's not like the devs/publishers are burning special discs just for Gamestop, or using unique passwords/codes given out only with gamestop copies...are they?[/QUOTE]

No. Some codes you have to redeem through XBLM or PSN so they're one-time use. The code for the Darksiders weapon you do in-game. It's basically the same as a cheat code. Should GameStop be advertising that as a pre-order exclusive?

[quote name='karkyco']Hasn't every single one of these "gamestop preorder exclusives" though been just a generic code anyone can enter on every copy of the game?

It's not like the devs/publishers are burning special discs just for Gamestop, or using unique passwords/codes given out only with gamestop copies...are they?[/QUOTE]

The extra Arkham maps used individual codes included only w/ new copies at GS (and I believe WM had a similar offer with other maps).

[quote name='depascal22']Always check your disc before you leave. I even open up sealed games in the store just to check it out. You never know if it's been resealed.

Or.....you could just shop elsewhere.[/QUOTE]

I think it's more fun to watch most people here act like the people of Springfield or South Park when it comes to Gamestop.

[quote name='Mike360']i would strongly suggest not buying from gamestop.com if you haven't before. the packaging is the worst i've ever seen and i'm still waiting on a replacement copy of the game that was busted up because of the packaging...4 weeks now and counting[/QUOTE]

lol, the last shipment I received was wrapped in a Jo-Anne fabrics (or w.e that store is) plastic bag for some reason :roll:

[quote name='exileinoblivion']I am the last person to be flipping on this site and you'll see me constantly bitching about people that do. But I also bitch about gamestop and it's not about their prices. It's about their policies. As I stated, I got a completely busted up copy of Batman AA and i'm still waiting on a replacement copy from them. I think it's funny that they send you an automated message saying they will respond within 24 hours because every time I e-mail them I wait upwards of 5 days before getting any sort of reply. I suggest never buying online, at least in the store you can ask to see the disc before buying it.[/QUOTE]

yep... I waited a few days, got a response saying "bring your game in store and they will help you further".

I can safely say I'll never buy a used game from them online again, it was actually 6 games I bought, and every single one of them had "Defective - Return to WH" stickers, (and several other stickers all over them, on the spine of the coverart and shit, bad enough I have to worry about little brothers ruining shit, but GS has to act like children too and stick stickers all over every item). Also the games were scuffed, scratched, cases looked like shit, cracked, packaging was ripped with holes, taped up and everything.

Just an overall terrible experience, and now I have to go out of my way to fix the problem by driving 30 minutes to the nearest GS and deal with the annoying GS employees, why do you think I ordered online in the first place? Maybe because I didn't want to go into your smelly, closet sized store, jam packed with tons of RockBand and Guitar Hero shit taking up all the room in the store so if more than 3 customers are in there it gets unbareable.

fuck gamestop, I'm just going to count my losses and not even bother returning this shit.

[quote name='dreamerslost']so sorry to bash on your favorite store evenft, i guess your one of the ones who likes to throw your money away to greedy corporate types. i might do less complaining if they actually passed some of those huge profits onto their meagerly paid employees....... even if it was in discounts on stuff.... but they dont even do that[/QUOTE]

Perhaps rather than 'liking to throw his money away to greedy corporate types' or considering Game Stop to be be his 'favorite store' he was merely annoyed with your excessively shrill vehemence or the ridiculously inflated nature of your 'examples'.

You see, when people complain about stuff that doesn't actually happen ($3-$6 buy in and $50 sell out) it makes them look like they might not know what the hell they are talking about.

Yes, GameStop is overpriced and you can generally get more money by selling your stuff on e-bay. No, Game Stop does not buy games that they will sell for $50 for a mere $6. They are definitely chinchy and overpriced but hardly to that degree.

[quote name='depascal22']Always check your disc before you leave. I even open up sealed games in the store just to check it out. You never know if it's been resealed.

Or.....you could just shop elsewhere.[/QUOTE]

I bought Lost Planet Extreme Condition Colonies Edition(Platinum hits) used and they gave me the wrong disc which did not have the extra stuff. I brought it back to the store and the clerk and I had a really weird but polite weird argument about whether there was any difference until the other employee came in, listened for a second, looked through their drawer, handed me the right one and took the wrong disc back.

So yeah, always check your disc. Also don't buy games in replacement cases or without manuals unless you don't mind because Game Stop will not be discounting their ugly products. And if the case is broken and that bothers you then ask them for a swap.

[quote name='exileinoblivion']I am the last person to be flipping on this site and you'll see me constantly bitching about people that do. But I also bitch about gamestop and it's not about their prices. It's about their policies. As I stated, I got a completely busted up copy of Batman AA and i'm still waiting on a replacement copy from them. I think it's funny that they send you an automated message saying they will respond within 24 hours because every time I e-mail them I wait upwards of 5 days before getting any sort of reply. I suggest never buying online, at least in the store you can ask to see the disc before buying it.[/QUOTE]

You can exchange in store too

I love how this thread turned from a GS "sale" thread to warnings about buying from the company. But some of it is some new stuff I havent heard before.

Prototype new for 35.99 and used for 32.99. I know what they pay for a retail game new. I know when you sell the used for 3.00 under the new somebody is making a SLAYING. Whenever somebody is making a SLAYING somebody is taking it up the A5$. So am i suppost to say that is okay. Whatever...

[quote name='nddave']Prototype new for 35.99 and used for 32.99. I know what they pay for a retail game new.[/QUOTE]

How much did they pay for the $35.99 copies of Prototype?

[quote name='nddave']Prototype new for 35.99 and used for 32.99. I know what they pay for a retail game new. I know when you sell the used for 3.00 under the new somebody is making a SLAYING. Whenever somebody is making a SLAYING somebody is taking it up the A5$. So am i suppost to say that is okay. Whatever...[/QUOTE]

If people are stupid enough to pay $33 for the used copies, who is to blame? Honestly, if you owned a business, and you could sell used copies of a game for $3 to $5 less than the new copy, are you honestly going to tell us you wouldn't?

[quote name='token2k6']I CANNOT BELIEVE COD:WAW IS STILL SELLING FOR ABOVE $20!!! -rant off. sorry, I know a lot of you love Nazi Zombies, but I could never get into that one. Plus its old now and been replaced. that is almost SOP for game prices when the next iteration comes out..and yeah, nothing there for me..thanks anyway OP.[/QUOTE]

I got a copy of it for $5 from Hollywood Video for :360:, which immediately went to GS for the 4/$20 promo. The clerk was kinda shocked when it came up as qualifying and I gotta admit that I was as well.

If I didn't already play Prototype(and currently have inFamous) or the prices were a bit lower so I could turn around and flip MUA2 back for $20+ I'd probably get in on this deal. Otherwise, thanks for posting the deal OP, but this isn't a deal I want in on.

bread's done
Back