4000 MS Point Deals... Where are they?

Shuino

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
Has anyone seen any $30, 4000 MS Point deals anywhere? I knew I should have bought them on eBay when I saw them. :wall:

Rumor has it that some type of fraud was used to buy the point cards, which is why they were so cheap.
I'm looking to get some cheap point cards too :roll:

From what I have heard, Paypal has started investigating people who sell the cards so cheap.
Because Amazon sells those cards, people who STEAL credit card numbers (or get into identity theft), can go online and buy tons of them (at no cost to themselves), and then sell them cheap.
Thus the reason those 4000 point cards were the top seller on Amazons video games list for a while.
Do not hold your breath waiting for more people to sell them.
I am guessing that those who were, are now wishing they could completely delete the trade threads that they started, to hope avoiding getting investigated.
OR somebody out there found a way to "auto generate" codes. But I highly doubt it.
Either way, there is some type of fraud going on out there on those cards. IMO.

On a similar vein, anyone know where I can get 12 or 13 months for cheap? I WAS planning to buy one from the ebayers but they got shut down lol. Maybe it's a good thing that they did though, if the stories are true about the CC fraud.

I was also looking for them for the summer games sale/ deal

I've been asking all the people who sold them but none respond :(

[quote name='Crazyglitcher']On a similar vein, anyone know where I can get 12 or 13 months for cheap? I WAS planning to buy one from the ebayers but they got shut down lol. Maybe it's a good thing that they did though, if the stories are true about the CC fraud.[/QUOTE]

I'd say they were definitely the truth. I was looking for a 12+1 code for cheap too, but all the sellers got shut down. There was a guy I found selling 12 months for $40.99 and he emailed the codes with free shipping So I went with him and it worked great, if I could've waited I'd of got it from Newegg or buy.com for $40. I think that's a good enough price only 10 or 11 more dollars than the $30, which is a little less than a $1 more a month.

The site he had me buy from was xboxlivesource.com, I think. You might have to email them to get the information first, the ebay name is xboxlivesource. I would've bought a 12+1 when they were $30, but I had my stupid credit card on the xbox and needed to cancel it before adding the card.

As for the people who waited like this deal goes around forever, that's your own fault. It's the reason I bought 4 or 5 of them and redeemed them all.

I saw that guy fsunkas website saying he got screwed out of all this money that got refunded, sorry pal that's what happens when you get into a shady business. You buy a real nice car for real cheap and then get arrested for it being stolen, are you surprised? And on his website he asks for buyers to repay him the money, what a joke.

[quote name='JohnDoeHoe']As for the people who waited like this deal goes around forever, that's your own fault. It's the reason I bought 4 or 5 of them and redeemed them all.
[/QUOTE]

lol Well some of us don't have like 100-200 bucks to spend in one go. Stupid government and their IOU shit is screwing over college students here. So a majority of my money is being saved for that.

I should have bought an extra or two while they were still around, I knew I was going to need the points pretty soon. Oh well I guess its back to flipping trade in's and buying with store credit.

They aren't all in jail. They all got their points from manufacturers. All the manufacturers raised their prices, so all the deals got wiped away.

[quote name='pin0yb0i2']They all got their points from manufacturers. All the manufacturers raised their prices, so all the deals got wiped away.[/QUOTE]
Wrong.

I am also looking for more 4k points cards.

[quote name='pin0yb0i2']They aren't all in jail. They all got their points from manufacturers. All the manufacturers raised their prices, so all the deals got wiped away.[/QUOTE]

Nope. Credit card fraud. Which leads one to jail. MS is the manufacturer, and they never charged $30 for $50 worth of points.

i bought like four, almost wish i'd got more, but not criminally. any way to get them even a little cheaper anywhere? i guess i'll pay full price again, but i wouldn't mind finding a deal that isn't a criminal act.

[quote name='mkelehan']Nope. Credit card fraud. Which leads one to jail. MS is the manufacturer, and they never charged $30 for $50 worth of points.[/QUOTE]

So how much do they charge?

[quote name='_heretic']So how much do they charge?[/QUOTE]

That's a great question, and I can't give you an exact answer, aside from the fact that $30 would make them lose money.

Yeah, I for one had someone get a hold of my credit card/Amazon info and rack up about $500 worth of charges buying 4000 point cards and 1600 point cards and 12 month subscriptions. They would have gone further, but they hit the upper limit of my credit card.

I was able to get all the charges reversed, but it was a pain in the ass not being able to use my Credit Card for like 3 weeks, plus I was part of a Friends and Family Plan of a fellow CAG'er, and I lost that and couldn't get it back because now "They have to be members of the same household.

[quote name='mkelehan']Nope. Credit card fraud. Which leads one to jail. MS is the manufacturer, and they never charged $30 for $50 worth of points.[/QUOTE]

i believe if money is replaced by digital money. then u wont see price cuts on stuff. if everyone went bankrupt right now and for 2 straight years. Microsoft points would still be as expensive as they are.

map packs should be no higher than 5bucks (400 points)

that's up to you to decide? No.

That's not true at all either, because there is frequently promotions giving away MS points, sales on them, and deals of the week on games.

[quote name='timesplitt']i believe if money is replaced by digital money. then u wont see price cuts on stuff. if everyone went bankrupt right now and for 2 straight years. Microsoft points would still be as expensive as they are.

map packs should be no higher than 5bucks (400 points)[/QUOTE]

You won't see price cuts on POINTS, sure, but you'll still see cuts on content.

just keep an eye out for coupons from big retails (TRU sears target etc...) that don't exclude cards. Though they'll probly exclude video games themselves, a bit of skillful talking will net you the purchase.

[quote name='polorsport']Has anyone tried the 5000 MS points accounts being sold for around $36?[/QUOTE]

Those are very, very, VERY clearly using stolen credit cards. They set up silver accounts, buy points with stolen credit cards, and then sell the accounts to you.

i hear those accounts actually use some sort of secret hack into the xbl system using the consoles themselves to get that.

I actually know someone selling those accounts for $25. I thought of buying one just to buy a bunch of TV shows, I already have a bunch of points though so not worth it to me to try it right now.

If people are interested I know where to get 4000 point cards for $40, which seems the best available right now. PM me if you want the website.

bread's done
Back