$5 off/month at Gamefly for watching commericals

jeffblack12

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
Sorry if its a repost but I thought some folks might want to know about this ... for once CAG stole from FW instead of the other way around.

http://www.brightspot.tv/gamefly.aspx

GameFly would like to invite you to join BrightSpot.tv. Through our new partnership, you have the opportunity to save up to $5 each month on your GameFly subscription.

HOW IT WORKS
Registration with BrightSpot is fast, easy and free!

Watch fun and entertaining videos at your own pace, on your own time

After each video you watch, you will earn credits to your BrightSpot account

Up to $5 will be automatically credited to your GameFly subscription every month!

[quote name='Puppy']How does this even work-like how does this site connect the $5 credit with your Gamefly account?[/QUOTE]

you join with the same email address

You don't need to use your gamefly e-mail as your account one, your suppost to be able to add your gamefly e-mail and postal zip code to get the $5 credit to your gamefly account. My schedual date to be applied to gamefly passed, the $5 ad money was removed from my brightspot account, checked my bank account and was charge $23.95 as allways for gamefly. So unless there was an error on my part, its a no go for me. Sure was a nice try though?

Doug

EDIT: sorry I pay $23.49 for gamefly lol, checked my bank account to be sure again, then checked my e-mail to see if anything, I GOT AN E-MAIL TO SIGN UP TO BRIGHTSPOT FROM GAMEFLY! lol, is this some sorta sick joke?

[quote name='doug_brit']You don't need to use your gamefly e-mail as your account one, your suppost to be able to add your gamefly e-mail and postal zip code to get the $5 credit to your gamefly account. My schedual date to be applied to gamefly passed, the $5 ad money was removed from my brightspot account, checked my bank account and was charge $23.95 as allways for gamefly. So unless there was an error on my part, its a no go for me. Sure was a nice try though?

Doug

EDIT: sorry I pay $23.49 for gamefly lol, checked my bank account to be sure again, then checked my e-mail to see if anything, I GOT AN E-MAIL TO SIGN UP TO BRIGHTSPOT FROM GAMEFLY! lol, is this some sorta sick joke?[/QUOTE]

call up gamefly and ask them. I was going to do this today and forgot all about it. im going to call them tomorrow and ask if this is real or not

I wonder if only the people who got the EMAIL from gamefly will get this. Knew it was too good to be true ... im going to stick one more month and if i dont get credit im dropping in Jan

everyone who signed up for this and after your first month. If you dont get your credit call up gamefly and ask them. I plan on asking them if i dont get credit on DEC 3

Checked my credit card today and looks like I was billed my regular monthly price. fuck ! But then, I went to my GameFly account and saw a new link titled GamFly Credits. Clicked it and there, on my GameFly account page, was a record of a $5 credit from BrightSpot effective 12/7, my next billing cycle. So the credits take a bit to get rolling, but they do eventually occur.

[quote name='somahead33']Checked my credit card today and looks like I was billed my regular monthly price. fuck ! But then, I went to my GameFly account and saw a new link titled GamFly Credits. Clicked it and there, on my GameFly account page, was a record of a $5 credit from BrightSpot effective 12/7, my next billing cycle. So the credits take a bit to get rolling, but they do eventually occur.[/QUOTE]

Did you get the email, or just go through the link? I'm wondering if you had to specifically get the email.

(I temporarily canceled my Gamefly account just because I've got a huge backlog to get through from all these sales, but I think Gamefly's a great deal, so I'll definitely be back!)

[quote name='Puppy']Did you get the email, or just go through the link? I'm wondering if you had to specifically get the email.

(I temporarily canceled my Gamefly account just because I've got a huge backlog to get through from all these sales, but I think Gamefly's a great deal, so I'll definitely be back!)[/quote]
I received the email. It is the least that company can do since I have spent so much damn money there.

i will stick with gamefly for 1 more month ( dec 1 to Dec 31) for sure

if i get the credit i will remain with them but if dont get the credit im going to leave them for a few months until there is stuff i really want to rent and cant get it anyplace else

its taking 4 to 5 days to get to them and 5 to 8 days for the game to get to me.

that is 9 to 13 days turn around for a game if i keep a game out for 7 days that is just at most 4 rentals per month at 23 bucks and that is WAY TOO MUCH

That would still just be $5.75/game, which is cheaper than anywhere else you could get them, and cheaper than buying them.

[quote name='Puppy']That would still just be $5.75/game, which is cheaper than anywhere else you could get them, and cheaper than buying them.[/QUOTE]

not really here we can get weekly rentals for around 5.50 per rental or we can buy a half price card what cuts the price in half.

2.75 per week x 4 11 bucks (+ 10 buck for half price rental) = 21 bucks

+ we get half price movies for the month

Only reason im with gamefly right now is for DS and psp games (what no store around here carries) If my blockbuster carried DS games i probally would have no use for gamefly

That is a good price. Most places are a lot higher than that unfortunately.

I've got Blockbuster for maybe $6 (or $8 now, it keeps going up?) a week, or some local place for $4 for a few days. Either of which is a ripoff compared to Gamefly (for how I want to use it at least).

Create a gamefly account, and I'll give you $5 off your first month via paypal, and you'll get $5 off here... so that'd be like $11 bucks for one month. Use my link in my sig to create an account, and I'll give you $5 via paypal when I see you've signed up.

Thanks!

this works perfectly for me

got credit last month and my next month's is already queued up in my Gamefly - My Account > Credits section

i even built up a big bankroll watching spots over and over, up to $66.00 right now and they just broke it out in $5 blocks so if I don't watch any more spots i'll still get the $5 off for the next few months.

Date Issued Description Coupon Code Amount Effective
11/20/2006 BrightSpot Media Credit $5.00 12/18/2006

Date Issued Description Coupon Code Redeemed
11/14/2006 BrightSpot Media Credit ($5.00) 11/18/2006

[quote name='PKRipp3r']this works perfectly for me

got credit last month and my next month's is already queued up in my Gamefly - My Account > Credits section

i even built up a big bankroll watching spots over and over, up to $66.00 right now and they just broke it out in $5 blocks so if I don't watch any more spots i'll still get the $5 off for the next few months.

Date Issued Description Coupon Code Amount Effective
11/20/2006 BrightSpot Media Credit $5.00 12/18/2006

Date Issued Description Coupon Code Redeemed
11/14/2006 BrightSpot Media Credit ($5.00) 11/18/2006[/QUOTE]

did you get an email or just go thought the link

I've been using Gameznflix for about six months now... glorious. Leagues better than GameFly. Much faster turnaround makes up for the small selection - about 3 business days with GNF compared to 8-9 business days with GameFly. It's about half the price, too. $9 for one at a time instead of $15. For $8.99 a month I typically play 5 or 6 games. Well worth it. With GameFly I was paying twice as much and playing half as much. It's true the selection isn't nearly as comprehensive as GameFly, and the site isn't as user friendly, but the service is much faster and much more affordable.

I'm in Seattle, by the way. GameFly's ship center is in socal and GNF has a ship center in Kent (about an hour from Seattle).

Seems too good to be true, I would keep gamefly if this works.

Edit: Im in seattle also, and my turnaround for gamefly has never been more than 5 buisness days.

got the credit in my account set to be used for the next billing period to anyone who was questioning the validity. although we'll see if there's any hassle getting it actually applied to my bill

[quote name='Koggit']I've been using Gameznflix for about six months now... glorious. Leagues better than GameFly. Much faster turnaround makes up for the small selection - about 3 business days with GNF compared to 8-9 business days with GameFly. It's about half the price, too. $9 for one at a time instead of $15. For $8.99 a month I typically play 5 or 6 games. Well worth it. With GameFly I was paying twice as much and playing half as much. It's true the selection isn't nearly as comprehensive as GameFly, and the site isn't as user friendly, but the service is much faster and much more affordable.

I'm in Seattle, by the way. GameFly's ship center is in socal and GNF has a ship center in Kent (about an hour from Seattle).[/quote]
These rental services are really different for each user. Shipping times range from extraordinary to horrendous in either service depending on who is reporting. I could list all the reasons why I think GnF is a terrible service, but the best thing for anyone to do is to try out the different offerings. And do not judge by the "free trial period" because service is generally top notch during this time.

EDIT: Don't know how long they have been there, but ads for BrightSpot.tv are all over this website. I don't see any reason why anybody can jump at this deal.

[quote name='somahead33']These rental services are really different for each user. Shipping times range from extraordinary to horrendous in either service depending on who is reporting. I could list all the reasons why I think GnF is a terrible service, but the best thing for anyone to do is to try out the different offerings. And do not judge by the "free trial period" because service is generally top notch during this time.

EDIT: Don't know how long they have been there, but ads for BrightSpot.tv are all over this website. I don't see any reason why anybody can jump at this deal.[/quote]

I might give another shot to GnF.
Anyway their service during the trial period was terrible.
I got 4-5 games. A PSP one was broken in half. Another wasn't working due to massive scratches.

DO NOT USE GAMEZNFLIX. Check the Better Business Bureau for their entry. They're rated unacceptable. They completely ignored the BBB when I had to resort to them just to get my account canceled. They ignored my credit card company too, who finally just shipped me a new card and refused to give Gameznflix their money. (Check my other post for more info).

They're sleazy at best. There's a reason they cost less than other rental services.

[quote name='slidecage']did you get an email or just go thought the link[/QUOTE]

for brightspot? i got an email

to check my credit balance i just looked under My Account on Gfly

Just had to bump this cause it seems they are paying the cash out.

I got my 5 buck credit for the month of jan (jan bill was only 10 bucks compair to 15)

and already got a credit posted for Feb.

it does take up to 60 days for them to credit you.

I joined Gamefly again

NOV 1 Joined Brightspot NOV 3

my first credit was for the Jan bill so i did have to pay 2 months at full price before i started to get the discount

Yep, I got my first $5 credit starting January, took a while for it to kick in. $18.73 for two games out, not bad! Thanks again to OP!

the brightspot/gamefly connection works for me as well. it does not take up to 60 days to kick in though. it credits towards your account as soon as you sign up and start to earn credits.

working great for me, though am trying to get that household thing to work since I sometime get games for my sister, but in January it still only gave us $5 off when it should've done $10

Can someone confirm whether this works if you did NOT get an email about it? And if so, how do you set it up? Gamefly's a good deal regardless, but with this deal it's fantastic.

[quote name='Wolfpup']Can someone confirm whether this works if you did NOT get an email about it? And if so, how do you set it up? Gamefly's a good deal regardless, but with this deal it's fantastic.[/QUOTE]

i did not get the email but clicked though the OP link.

Though i signed up on NOV 3 my first credit never appeard till Dec 31

So say if your billing date is JAN 1 and you sign up on JAN 5 with brightpoint. you will not see your credit post till FEB 5 and your first discount wont happen till MARCH 1

so you will pay 2 months in full before seeing the discounts

unless you sign up around your bill date

[quote name='slidecage']i did not get the email but clicked though the OP link.

Though i signed up on NOV 3 my first credit never appeard till Dec 31

So say if your billing date is JAN 1 and you sign up on JAN 5 with brightpoint. you will not see your credit post till FEB 5 and your first discount wont happen till MARCH 1

so you will pay 2 months in full before seeing the discounts

unless you sign up around your bill date[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info! Did you just sign up with your same email address? like that was the only connection between this ad company and Gamefly, and they knew how to credit your Gamefly account?

I'll be sure to do this once I get through my backlog!

[quote name='Wolfpup']Thanks for the info! Did you just sign up with your same email address? like that was the only connection between this ad company and Gamefly, and they knew how to credit your Gamefly account?

I'll be sure to do this once I get through my backlog![/quote]

I signed up with a different email address. Once you have a brightspot account, you cilck on "add bills" and you'll be asked to enter your gamefly email address as registered with gamefly, and your billing zip code. That is how the connection is made.

I checked my gamefly account just now and I was again credited this month:

1/6/07 MasterCard - xxxx Monthly Member Fee Less $5.00 GameFly Credit $18.14

Seemed pretty easy to do this... Watched 5 commercials and checked some boxes for the follow-up questions, all in a couple minutes. That was $2.50 in credit right there. It definitely didn't take any more than 5 minutes (certainly not a half hour). Assuming it pans out, it should be a nice little bonus for existing Gamefly customers. Already get 10% off, $5 coupon every few months and free shipping on everything... 5 bucks off each month should put my subscription close to $18/mo for 2 games after tax. Now if they could only speed up their damn shipping! :D

[quote name='Calico']It is interesting, it worked for one month, but the second month it didn't take any off.[/QUOTE]

call them up and complain

question....so i had a $5 0ff coupon coming my way the next month from brightspot, but i quit before i got it because i was out of town for three weeks. now i want to resubscribe but it's not showing the coupon. anyone else in this situation?

I got my credit a couple of weeks ago.

There are finally new ads :hot:.

The first four ads have the same questions and you don't even need to watch the commercials to answer them LOL.

[quote name='Calico']I just logged in and it appears to be working for me.[/QUOTE]

are you still getting credit?

I got the Dec 3 credit
i got the Jan 3 credit

never got the feb 3rd credit even though i got 18 in my account

My experience with gamefly:

I hole heartedly love gamefly. First off, there customer service is awesome. I had Dragonball Z for my Wii sent out about 2 weeks ago, i waited a whole week later but never received it. I complained on there website that i never got it after a whole week. They said that they where sending me another copy. I also gave them a call letting them know the same thing. They said "im sorry, it was most likley lost in the mail." They noticed that i had complained on there site, and reminded me to help them with "Lost games" by submitting a quick complain on USPS website. Easily done. I then got the DBZ game 2 days later.

Now for my shipping, i now it varies for people who live in different parts of the country. But i luckily live near the Los Angeles area, where there located it appears, and get games Super dam quick. 2 days max. i dont know if they only ship out of one place from the U.S, if so, then that explains why it takes people on the East coast longer to get there games.

I realy dont have any complains with Gamefly. There prices are still much cheaper than blockbuster ever had, and a game library that is 100X better than any B&M rental store. Customer Service is what really keeps me a customer do.

Now enough of the Gamefly Ass kissing, but its eve that much sweetter when Brightspot.Tv actually works for me. And it has been working for the past 4 months knocking down my price to 18.35. \\:D/

My only question is, how can you add people for your "Household"? and what does it do actually? does that mean that if my girlfriend was to join it aswell, can she also get $5 credited to the same Gamefly account ,meaning a -$10 in total? That sounds to good to be true. If so, i'll even have my dog watch those brightspot clips for another $5.

[quote name='Viol8tor']My experience with gamefly:

I hole heartedly love gamefly. First off, there customer service is awesome. I had Dragonball Z for my Wii sent out about 2 weeks ago, i waited a whole week later but never received it. I complained on there website that i never got it after a whole week. They said that they where sending me another copy. I also gave them a call letting them know the same thing. They said "im sorry, it was most likley lost in the mail." They noticed that i had complained on there site, and reminded me to help them with "Lost games" by submitting a quick complain on USPS website. Easily done. I then got the DBZ game 2 days later.

Now for my shipping, i now it varies for people who live in different parts of the country. But i luckily live near the Los Angeles area, where there located it appears, and get games Super dam quick. 2 days max. i dont know if they only ship out of one place from the U.S, if so, then that explains why it takes people on the East coast longer to get there games.

I realy dont have any complains with Gamefly. There prices are still much cheaper than blockbuster ever had, and a game library that is 100X better than any B&M rental store. Customer Service is what really keeps me a customer do.

Now enough of the Gamefly Ass kissing, but its eve that much sweetter when Brightspot.Tv actually works for me. And it has been working for the past 4 months knocking down my price to 18.35. \\:D/

My only question is, how can you add people for your "Household"? and what does it do actually? does that mean that if my girlfriend was to join it aswell, can she also get $5 credited to the same Gamefly account ,meaning a -$10 in total? That sounds to good to be true. If so, i'll even have my dog watch those brightspot clips for another $5.[/QUOTE]

I tired adding the household thing back in NOV and DEC but i never got the links in the other email addresses.

one thing i would love to see gamefly do is add in the future a way to tell them when you returned the games. Instead of fast return you would just put in

I RETURN GAME TODAY and the next game would ship that day., Now if people abuse it they could get that feature taken away.

blockbuster online allows you to do this and it would be neat if gamefly would.

Im at 2 games at a time but will drop back down to 1 at a time at the end of the month ( FF 6 will take most of my time and there is no reason to rent 2 at a time)

[quote name='slidecage']
blockbuster online allows you to do this and it would be neat if gamefly would.

[/QUOTE]

what? i've never seen such a thing

The Brightspot credit seems to be applying for me as well, not bad (too bad it took like 2 months before it would kick in, due to bad timing with the billing and credit cycles).

As for Gamefly, I've been with them over two years and like the service okay. It seems like it's taking a lot longer to receive and return games lately, though. I don't know if it's the crappy postal service or what, but I've had a lot of shipments or returns lately that have gone over 7 days (and I've had to report a few things lost in the mail in the last two or three months). When combined with the fact that most of the games I want have a Short Wait, it can create some pretty lengthy turnaround times (Rainbow Six Vegas has been on short wait for me for a month).

Basically, with the current shipping times, I know that if I drop a game in the mail today to send back, I won't see my next one for probably two to three weeks. That's pretty disappointing, so I hope they do something to help out the East Coast folks sometime soon. An email I received from their customer service department claims that they are considering a distribution center in the East, or another method of improving shipping times. Hearing from people in CA who get their games in a day or two makes me kind of mad, as they can rent 3 to 4 times as many games as me for the same price I'm paying every month.

Don't know if anyone else has noticed this yet, but Brightspot now lets you save up to $10 per month on your Gamefly subscription.

I was checking my Gamefly payments earlier and noticed that it was scheduled to apply more than $5 to my next Gamefly bill. Checked the "Bills We Pay" tab on the Brightspot site and it now says up to $10 per month towards Gamefly.

I think this makes the whole deal pretty hot, especially for people who have been with Gamefly for a year or more and get the $5 coupons, 10% discount and free shipping.

For me, assuming I can actually watch $10 worth of commercials (this may be the hard part, as they seem very limited at the moment), this will bring the Gamefly membership down to about $13/mo for 2 games (after tax). Closer to $11/mo if you factor in the free $5 coupon every 3 months.

Also, you can apparently have other members of your household sign up and contribute towards your bills. I'm not entirely sure how this works yet, but it seems that you should be able to increase your Brightspot balance faster and/or save even more money.

[quote name='Tomeeboy']Don't know if anyone else has noticed this yet, but Brightspot now lets you save up to $10 per month on your Gamefly subscription.

I was checking my Gamefly payments earlier and noticed that it was scheduled to apply more than $5 to my next Gamefly bill. Checked the "Bills We Pay" tab on the Brightspot site and it now says up to $10 per month towards Gamefly.

I think this makes the whole deal pretty hot, especially for people who have been with Gamefly for a year or more and get the $5 coupons, 10% discount and free shipping.

For me, assuming I can actually watch $10 worth of commercials (this may be the hard part, as they seem very limited at the moment), this will bring the Gamefly membership down to about $13/mo for 2 games (after tax). Closer to $11/mo if you factor in the free $5 coupon every 3 months.

Also, you can apparently have other members of your household sign up and contribute towards your bills. I'm not entirely sure how this works yet, but it seems that you should be able to increase your Brightspot balance faster and/or save even more money.[/QUOTE]

i forgot all about this site till now (had like 13 bucks saved up back in feb) got the 5 bucks for march and 5 for april. ) in one night i was able to watch 14 clips for 7 bucks. that will really rock if we can get 10 bucks per month knocked up.

hell 2 games at a time 12 bucks gamefly would destory and run out any other company that even attempts to compete

EDIT FOUND SOMETHING INTERESTING

I just went into my brightspot account and it says

max payment 10 bucks my last payment 9.50

but when i go into GAMEFLY ACCOUNT it shows they only sent 5 bucks even though it says payment sent 9.50

so i think they are screwed up major time so dont expect 10 bucks to be coming off. I will be calling gamefly up tomorrow to see what is going on

The Brightspot payments may not hit your Gamefly account until the next billing cycle. For example, my Gamefly subscription renews around the 1st of the month, but Brightspot sends the payments to Gamefly on the 8th. This means that April's payment to Gamefly isn't actually going to appear on April's Gamefly bill. Instead, it will apply in May.

Chances are, you'll see the $9.50 credit on your next Gamefly bill, as you are probably a month behind like me.

Also, you really only get a lot of clips to watch when you first sign up. After that, you'll be lucky to get four or five in one visit. I drop by the site probably once per week and the last couple of times there have only been a couple of ads. It will take 20 ads to hit the $10 per month, so it may become difficult to do that on a monthly basis.

bread's done
Back