50 Sony Playstation 3 Sixaxis Controllers for $500! on gamedealdaily.com

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']If they were working, I think the owner of GameDealDaily would be selling them to make a profit for themselves, no? :roll:
[/QUOTE]

It seems more likely to me that the owner of the site tested these items, found that they might have had gunk on them or a slightly sticky... stick... or a button and rather than selling them to an unsuspecting consumer as being in good condition he figured he'd toss them in a box and not lose future customers. Maybe they are in great working order, but they just need cleaned up a bit and he didn't feel it was right to send these out to people.

If I knew Gamestop wouldn't laugh me out of the store if I walked in with a box of 50 controllers, I'd jump all over this deal, take a few hours to clean them up, walk right in with the whole box, and sell $500 worth of the credit to make my money back. I mean, the only part of it that seems risky is whether or not GS would let me trade that many in, or even if I split them up among 4 or 5 stores if they would get them to bite. How many times have you traded something in to gamestop and they actually checked to see that it worked? Based on how much non-working crap I've gotten, I'd say "close to never."

^^For the most part they just check to see if the buttons are everything are in working order and don't get stuck. If there's anything wrong with it that you can't see without fiddling for a few seconds, they probably won't find out about it.

[quote name='DrBrianFields']It seems more likely to me that the owner of the site tested these items, found that they might have had gunk on them or a slightly sticky... stick... or a button and rather than selling them to an unsuspecting consumer as being in good condition he figured he'd toss them in a box and not lose future customers. Maybe they are in great working order, but they just need cleaned up a bit and he didn't feel it was right to send these out to people.

If I knew Gamestop wouldn't laugh me out of the store if I walked in with a box of 50 controllers, I'd jump all over this deal, take a few hours to clean them up, walk right in with the whole box, and sell $500 worth of the credit to make my money back. I mean, the only part of it that seems risky is whether or not GS would let me trade that many in, or even if I split them up among 4 or 5 stores if they would get them to bite. How many times have you traded something in to gamestop and they actually checked to see that it worked? Based on how much non-working crap I've gotten, I'd say "close to never."[/QUOTE]

They test systems, but I believe they rarely(if ever) check controllers. Although, if you brought in all 50 to one store, I think they'd make an exception to that rule and try and test all of them.

Then again, I'm sure that by the end of the 50 controllers the value would have dropped a bunch since it seems like they can and do drop the values once they get in too much of one thing.

[quote name='hpv']Not really, PS3 controllers wear out pretty damn fast. I never wore any Sixaxes out because I traded up for Dual Shock 3 pretty soon after getting mine, but the first DS3's R2 trigger went out in less than a year (still works but is super loose and is very difficult to get full range of input out of). The sticks are also pretty damn loose. The second Dual Shock 3 is now about 8 months old and starting to show the early signs of the same.

Really lame how Sony finally got the shape and the stick size/placement right and totally botched the build quality.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm, I've spiked the six axis controller that I have twice and it still works (SFIV Boss). I got it from GDD but I think it was a refurb because it had a sticker on it and part of the sticker was inside the controller.

[quote name='rdogg1026']That's not cool to rip GDD.[/QUOTE]

It's about time you got silenced, anyone know what it was for?

[quote name='DaMonStEr']A majority of GameDaily's 'deals' seem to suck[/QUOTE]

I'm neutral about the site. When I see a deal, I have to examine it and see if there is a catch (like with any other deal :) ).

[quote name='DrBrianFields']It seems more likely to me that the owner of the site tested these items, found that they might have had gunk on them or a slightly sticky... stick... or a button and rather than selling them to an unsuspecting consumer as being in good condition he figured he'd toss them in a box and not lose future customers. Maybe they are in great working order, but they just need cleaned up a bit and he didn't feel it was right to send these out to people.

If I knew Gamestop wouldn't laugh me out of the store if I walked in with a box of 50 controllers, I'd jump all over this deal, take a few hours to clean them up, walk right in with the whole box, and sell $500 worth of the credit to make my money back. I mean, the only part of it that seems risky is whether or not GS would let me trade that many in, or even if I split them up among 4 or 5 stores if they would get them to bite. How many times have you traded something in to gamestop and they actually checked to see that it worked? Based on how much non-working crap I've gotten, I'd say "close to never."[/QUOTE]

You could probably trade 4 into a store and get full credit as long as they didn't rattle. You could use the broken ps3 excuse. Would it be worth it to have to drive around to 13 stores? That is for you to decide.

[quote name='shoe478']
It's about time you got silenced, anyone know what it was for?
[/QUOTE]

Why don't you just ask hi-....wait, that won't work. :)

[quote name='guessed']Yes, but only exactly 500, and only if they are all broken. Very few games take advantage of this feature, however.[/QUOTE]

:rofl:

[quote name='shoe478']It's about time you got silenced, anyone know what it was for?[/QUOTE]

Whenever I see someone silenced, I wonder the same thing. The mods should post it somewhere, like a CAG badge of shame.

Well, i ALMOST jumped on this deal, but then i found out they were defective...

Kidding of course.
151l1259.jpg

[quote name='carpwrist']HELL YEA splitscreen MAG![/QUOTE]
I lirl'd at this. No rumble's a downer though =[

I went ahead and got 2 SIXAXIS and 2 of the 360 wireless controllers.

Both the PS3 controllers work, but one of them were missing both R1 and R2. Of the 2 360 controllers, one of them works, but the other one can't sync to anything (wireless receiver for windows or xbox 360). Finally, they're all generally pretty dirty. :roll:

Now if I can just find a way to fix this this syncing problem.

bread's done
Back