90% off Green Tagged Items at TRU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Death2Sanity

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
This just came in on the intranet this afternoon. Starting tomorrow (2-9), all green tagged items will now be reduced 90%.

Odds are, there isn't much good stuff left...but what IS left will be $1-4, so some of that junk might be worth looking into.

O.K. recap for the day, went to TRU didn't see too many new clearance games just some more E-reader cards and some crappy new GCN games added like Universal Studios something or other. They were also sold out of Shadow Hearts: Covenant so you guys might just want to jump on this while the going is good. I did manage to find some penny guides and I'll list them hear.

Penny Guides-Prima

Mario & Luigi
Ninja Gaiden
Super Mario 4
Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow
Burnout 3

Thanks benboxer and Zon27 for listing the games and guides. It would be great if you guys could list when these guides drop also.

[quote name='nonggame']Do you guy have the list of the game that are on sale ? The TRU mannager told me that they don't have time to tag the greentag item. So the game that on sale probally mix with the normal price game... THanks in advance...[/quote]

Which TRU in Vegas did you go to?

the one on near Mervyn * spelling :cool: I will check TRU and Kmart tomorrow... I hate rain ( make me feel dirty ) that why I hurry home. Hey if you really want the rumble pack for N64 just go to TRU I went. There were like load of that shit 40 or 50 of them for 99 cent and that the price before 90% off. I want to buy it but naaaa I have no use for it...... :lol: btw, do you have the list of game that on greentag sale ??????? I need the list man... help me out...

Much to my surprise I came across a pile of Primals. The trick since then has been finding other games to pair up with them. The Van Nuys TRU had a lot of Xbox Mojo and a few turned out to be in the blue plastic so they range for 99 cents.

Three more EB trips down and another three to go if I can find more stuff to pair up with the remaining Primals.

If anybody in my area can use the Primals and has something else in abundance, perhaps we can trade.

[quote name='nonggame']the one on near Mervyn * spelling :cool: I will check TRU and Kmart tomorrow... I hate rain ( make me feel dirty ) that why I hurry home.[/quote]

Oh that is the worst one in town. Well, I don't know if it is too much worht going to too many TRUs tomorrow (especially with how it's been raining) because most have been already cleared out. Mostly what's left are some E-reader cards, demos/jampacks, and old DC sports titles. By any chance did you see a Shadow Hearts: Covenant while you were there?

ummmm I didn't look at the game behind the counter much.. I think the wrost TRU is the one near my U. The TRU near UNLV.... that one sucked. sooo dirty.. I got the list of the game now. I will have to check tomorrow. No matter what :lol:

[quote name='nonggame']ummmm I didn't look at the game behind the counter much.. I think the wrost TRU is the one near my U. The TRU near UNLV.... that one sucked. sooo dirty.. I got the list of the game now. I will have to check tomorrow. No matter what :lol:[/quote]

Oops....my mistake. That was the TRU that I was thinking of. I'm still thinking that the old Mervyns is no longer there. I forgot that they demolished it and put up a Vons and a park. But you are correct. The old TRU near the Boulevard and UNLV is the absolute worst. I hate the stupid old lady that runs the deparment there. The one near the Meadows isn't too bad though.

Ok, I just went to two TRU stores near pittsburgh PA. One at Ross Park Mall and the other near Monroeville Mall. Here's what I bought, and a few other things of interest if I can recall them...

Ross Park TRU:

I bought:
Arc the Lad PS2 $7.49
Sword of Mana GBA $11.98
Bloodrayne XBOX $5.49
Zelda Wind Waker guides $1.50
Medal of Honor Rising Sun Guides FREE (1 cent w/ 90% off!)
Prince of Persia Sand of Time Guide $1.50

They also had:
1080 Avalanche $11.98
Eyetoy Groove (no cam) $11.98
Spyro GC $9.98
RE:CVX PS2 $7.49
Siren $9.98 (I've never heard of this one :?: )

At the Monroeville TRU:

I bought:
Rallisport Challenge XBOX $6.98
Devil May Cry PS2 $5.48
Tennis 2k2 DC $1.00
Soul Calibur 2 PS2 $7.98
Resident Evil CVX PS2 $5.48
Baldurs Gate DA PS2 $6.48
Xenosaga PS2 (I bought 2 of these) $5.48
Chaos Legion PS2 $5.48

They also had:
Cluc Clu land, Tennis, Donkey Kong 3 Card Reader games - 50 cents!
Various Guides for $1.50 (wind waker, True Crime, Max Payne 2)
NHL 2k2 DC $1.00
2 for $20 games (R Type Fainal, Intellivision Lives PS2, Tomb Raider AOD PS2, and a few others...)
They also had some Castlevania Aria of Sorrows for GBA, which I thought were hard to find, for $19.98.

Go get em :)

[quote name='memi']bomberman:generation for GC 5.48

is this funny game?[/quote]

Funny... as in very bad, laughable bad? :p

Bomberman Generations is a great buy for 5.48, as long as you have others to play it with! I've never tried the single player mission on it, though.

I took care of all the Pittsburgh TRU's the day this deal started. Drove to Ross Park, Robinson, & Monroeville. Even that night most games had been picked over. I got what was left in moderation.

[quote name='Danro']I bought Mad Maestro for .99 and traded it locally for Ikaruga for the GC straigh :D[/quote]

That's un-possible!!! :shock:

I went today, and they literally had only one thing. It was some GBA accessory. :lol: Wasn't expecting anyting anyways.

It's looking like the end is near folks...long island TRU's had a couple things

ejay clubworld
drake 99 dragons
homeworld 2
sega bass fishing
random jampacks
perfect dark
sword of mana GBA

TRU employees, any restocking/new green tag games being brought out?

Not really any restocking...the warehouses have no more green tag items, they've all been shipped to stores, so unless theres something in the back of the store you're probably out of luck. I think the green tag sale is basically over, nothing new has been added for awhile and the past few weeks the green tag update has just been items that are no longer green tagged(no video games, mostly easter stuff is no longer green tagged).

[quote name='tubtub']

Not really any restocking...the warehouses have no more green tag items, they've all been shipped to stores, so unless theres something in the back of the store you're probably out of luck. I think the green tag sale is basically over, nothing new has been added for awhile and the past few weeks the green tag update has just been items that are no longer green tagged(no video games, mostly easter stuff is no longer green tagged).[/quote]

It's pretty much over unless you know of a tru in your area is is total crap and is sitting on a lot of stuff. I just went to a few yesterday and put a dent in their stock. The thing is they are suppose to be trying to get rid of the stuff, not sit on it longer. Some stores are total crap though....so who knows.

I went to the Katy,TX TRU today. They didn't have much left. I picked up:

1 - Sega Dreamcast sports pack
6 - 6 ft. dreamcast controller extension cords

all for a whopping $1.95

Note: I only need two of the extension cords. I have seen posts here every so often about people asking where to pick these up, so I picked up a few extras for CAGS who need them. If you're interested PM me. I'd prefer to sell my remaining 4 in 2 pairs....$3.50 shipped first class in a bubble mailer w/DC for two 6 ft. controller extensions. I figure that should be enough to cover the bubble mailer, shipping, and paypal fees. If anyone wants them let me know.

EDIT: Both Pairs have already been sold....Sorry, to everyone who PMed me that I couldn't help....I would have picked up a few more if I had known this many people wanted them.

[quote name='Zon27'][quote name='tubtub']

Not really any restocking...the warehouses have no more green tag items, they've all been shipped to stores, so unless theres something in the back of the store you're probably out of luck. I think the green tag sale is basically over, nothing new has been added for awhile and the past few weeks the green tag update has just been items that are no longer green tagged(no video games, mostly easter stuff is no longer green tagged).[/quote]

It's pretty much over unless you know of a tru in your area is is total crap and is sitting on a lot of stuff. I just went to a few yesterday and put a dent in their stock. The thing is they are suppose to be trying to get rid of the stuff, not sit on it longer. Some stores are total crap though....so who knows.[/quote]

Yeah, mine is greedy and a lot of the stuff that should at least be clearanced, if not green tagged is full price ($39.99-$49.99). And it has been that way since the beginning of the 50% off. Oh well, they probably just take it home when it gets too old, and that is why they won't mark things down. They still have so many good games, just way too expensive... :roll:

CAG reporting in.....and well I think I just made my last trip to TRU for a while. Just got back and they are totally out of everything, I literally mean e-reader cards, DC games, and every sports title or anything. I'm gonna call this one officially over and done at my end.

TRU still alive for me today.

Kya Dark Lineage PS2 x2 $2
EReader Donkey Kong $.20
GC RF Switch/RF Modul $1.70
Cabelas Ultimate Deerhunt PS $2
Action Replay Codebook $1
PS2 Horizontal Stand x2 $1
THUG guide $.70
Max Payne 2 guide free
Hitman Contracts guide $1.50

went to my trus and they pretty much didnt have anything but i did managae to pick up 2 copies of primal for 1.50 each 2 copies of zapper for 4.00 each and nfl blitz pro fo 4.00 and i got the soul caliber 2 guide for .70 :)

The TRUs I hit were long out of the really good stuff, but I picked up several penny guides and a copy of Virtua Tennis for the GBA for $1.10 (w00t!).

Full report:
* Renton, WA: had several copies of Virtua Tennis; great value at $1. I left several copies if anyone else is interested.
* Yakima, WA: totally wiped out. Lots of penny guides for games I don't have.
* Kennewick, WA: completely obliterated. A bunch of penny guides for other games I don't have.

[quote name='MaxBiaggi3'][quote name='hiccupleftovers']I gonna call this one officially over and done at my end.[/quote]

Stick a fork in her; she's done? :p[/quote]

This thread might be done but the sale is still alivel... although nowhere near as robust as it when it first started... I picked up a few games this past weekend (at a TRU I've never been before) that weren't marked 90% but I knew were part of the sale (like Black and Bruised)... but the sale is defintely on life support and the plug will have to be pulled soon.

It's kind of interesting reading what people have been doing with these cheap games though... keeping or trading them to EB. Unless a game totally reaked, I kept a copy for my library and traded my doubles for credit at EB... probably for PSP but I'm keeping my options open.

When I went by my local TRU and cleaned up on the strategy guides this past Thursday, the cashier said that they were occasionally going on "scavenger hunts" throughout the store looking for green tagged stuff. I laughed and told him that I knew 3/4 of it wasn't even tagged, and that I had found a ton of stuff just by scanning random old games. It'll probably be a while before everything has been found, since I'm out in the sticks...but the things left are things like Way of the Samurai, Headhunter, and Ejay. :whistle2:/

[quote name='sabin23']It's kind of interesting reading what people have been doing with these cheap games though... keeping or trading them to EB. Unless a game totally reaked, I kept a copy for my library and traded my doubles for credit at EB... probably for PSP but I'm keeping my options open.[/quote]

Yes, I'm curious to see what/if any price drops may be announced come E3 this May. I could use a new PStwo or DS system if the price is right. If not, I can always go with some $20 value titles or even some used games if necessary to save a few bucks.

[quote name='MaxBiaggi3'][quote name='hiccupleftovers']I gonna call this one officially over and done at my end.[/quote]

Stick a fork in her; she's done? :p[/quote]

Harrdy har har. :p

[quote name='cag1000']is there anywhere that takes guides as trade in?[/quote]

I know that the corporate Gamecrazy near me used to take in guides. They would only give you a $1 per guide and wouldn't take doubles per week.

It was alos nice to pick up some of the guides people brought in because they would only sell them for $3 afterward. Other than their markings on the back of the bar code, I picked up a DMC2 and a Panzer Dragoon Orta guides for real cheap and in mint condition. No tear, no rips, nothing. I was so saddened when they decided to stop taking them in.

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']Some gamestop stores do. Expect .25-.50 for each guide.[/quote]

Is there anyway to tell which ones do? Would it bew satellite stores or stores in the mallls?

I think it just varies from store to store. I know the two I go to (one was a stand alone store, the other in a mall) used to take guides but one stopped a couple of years back and the other stopped last month.

[quote name='cag1000']dam that sux i called every game store in my area and no one takes guides
i have about 125 guides lol dammmmmmmm[/quote]

Maybe you should recycle some
recycle.gif

[quote name='Rozz'][quote name='cag1000']dam that sux i called every game store in my area and no one takes guides
i have about 125 guides lol dammmmmmmm[/quote]

Maybe you should recycle some
recycle.gif
[/quote]

Or maybe not be a hoarding jackass.

I really should have picked up that cheap copy of Siren...

Oh well, that's about the end of this deal. TRU got their stock of Mojo's and Mad Maestro's out of the way, at least.

A great deal, even if I only kept one of the games I got.

[quote name='Nephets']I really should have picked up that cheap copy of Siren...

Oh well, that's about the end of this deal. TRU got their stock of Mojo's and Mad Maestro's out of the way, at least.

A great deal, even if I only kept one of the games I got.[/quote]

How much was Siren at your place?

IIRC, it was around $30 and I don't recall this game being a green tag... but I never got around to scanning for the price so maybe it is.

What you mentioned was funny... yeah, TRU really cleared out their stock of Mojo and Mad Maestro. Those 2 games seemed to be at most of the TRU's that I visited... I also noticed Wipeout, Rogue Ops, Primal and Bloodrayne at most stores too. Why did TRU stocked so many of these games in the first place? No wonder why the company might be going out of business... poor forecasting of sales.

[quote name='sabin23'][quote name='Nephets']I really should have picked up that cheap copy of Siren...

IIRC, it was around $30 and I don't recall this game being a green tag... but I never got around to scanning for the price so maybe it is.

What you mentioned was funny... yeah, TRU really cleared out their stock of Mojo and Mad Maestro. Those 2 games seemed to be at most of the TRU's that I visited... I also noticed Wipeout, Rogue Ops, Primal and Bloodrayne at most stores too. Why did TRU stocked so many of these games in the first place? No wonder why the company might be going out of business... poor forecasting of sales.[/quote]

maybe it wasnt so much that they stocked too many of those games as it was that they didn't sell hardly any of them

[quote name='The Successful Dropout'][quote name='sabin23'][quote name='Nephets']I really should have picked up that cheap copy of Siren...

What you mentioned was funny... yeah, TRU really cleared out their stock of Mojo and Mad Maestro. Those 2 games seemed to be at most of the TRU's that I visited... I also noticed Wipeout, Rogue Ops, Primal and Bloodrayne at most stores too. Why did TRU stocked so many of these games in the first place? No wonder why the company might be going out of business... poor forecasting of sales.[/quote]

maybe it wasnt so much that they stocked too many of those games as it was that they didn't sell hardly any of them[/quote]

But it doesn't take a genius to figure out no one is going to buy games like Mojo. Come on.... more deals for CAG though.

[quote name='sabin23'][quote name='The Successful Dropout'][quote name='sabin23'][quote name='Nephets']I really should have picked up that cheap copy of Siren...

maybe it wasnt so much that they stocked too many of those games as it was that they didn't sell hardly any of them[/quote]

But it doesn't take a genius to figure out no one is going to buy games like Mojo. Come on.... more deals for CAG though.[/quote]

Not true, puzzle games have always done a good business in relation to their low cost of development. At $10 Mojo almost certainly made a profit for its producer much in the way chewing gum by the cash register isn't what brings people into the store but it keeps moving.

One thing TRU did screw up was pricing the Xbox version at $20 long after the PS2 version had offered for $10 everywhere.

[quote name='epobirs'][quote name='sabin23'][quote name='The Successful Dropout'][quote name='sabin23'][quote name='Nephets']I really should have picked up that cheap copy of Siren...

But it doesn't take a genius to figure out no one is going to buy games like Mojo. Come on.... more deals for CAG though.[/quote]

Not true, puzzle games have always done a good business in relation to their low cost of development. At $10 Mojo almost certainly made a profit for its producer much in the way chewing gum by the cash register isn't what brings people into the store but it keeps moving.

One thing TRU did screw up was pricing the Xbox version at $20 long after the PS2 version had offered for $10 everywhere.[/quote]

I meant it didn't make sense for TRU to carry so many copies, not for the developer to produce puzzle games... I'm sure puzzle games make a good return on invesment but Mojo is probably at the bottom of the puzzle food chain... anyway, you probably have more insight on this then I do.

As for the pricing of Mojo (Xbox)... I was about to pick up a couple copies since it scanned up as PROMO $9.99 at TRU. I thought $1. But actually the promo is Buy 2 games for $30... which didn't make any sense since the game only costs $9.99 to begin with. Wierd!

Also, I couldn't buy Road Trip today because the TRU cashier said it wasn't even on file at their R-Zone computer inventory. I remember this game was on the green tag list someone posted. That was the 1st time I've ever seen that game before.

I was at the TRU in Asheville, NC yesterday. They still had some stuff left surprisingly. Tons of PS1 games (especially VIP the game on the Pam anderson tv show), a lot of Dreamcast games, a lot of the GC unmarked green tagged games that I already picked up, 10 of the Mario Party 5 penny guides, misc accessories, but very few PS2 games.

I didn't have much time to scan the GC games but they should of been part of the green tag as I had bought them at the lower price at other stores. If your near there it could still be a good trip for the older stuff.

[quote name='sabin23']But it doesn't take a genius to figure out no one is going to buy games like Mojo. Come on.... more deals for CAG though.[/quote]

Unfortunately, the geniuses at my local TRU stores decided Mojo must be a hot seller or somthing because it's marked at $9.99 and rings up at $9.99 as well. No bargains on Mojo here. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back