Add a feature: 360. What would you add/change?

[quote name='Rudiger']I'd like for the 360 to recognize what games are in the tray where it says "open tray" and "close tray". It can recognize what kind of disk is in the tray (ex: DVD disk, xbox disk, xbox 360 disk), but not the title of whatever is in there. I'd just like to see a title in the area at the bottom because I always have a stack of games and movies by my 360 and its too much of a inconvenience to open the tray just to see whats inside.

I'm pretty sure that it can be implemented in a firmware update, so hopefully in the future it comes into fruition.[/QUOTE]

The DVD it self would have to contain TAG data, Thats not always the case. So this wont happen. It's a problem with the media rather then the reader.

[quote name='PyroGamer']A web browser with full QWERTY keyboard and mouse support, flash support, and support for Quicktime and DIVX files.

That would pwn.[/QUOTE]

that would be nice, but getting a PS3 may be some people's answer.

I'd like for it to not be bale to scratch disks so easly. It's rediculous how easy it is to fix that problem ( four rubber bumpers on the drive case). I'd like a console that is quiet with more longevity. Bigger hardrive. Full Backwards compatability, which will be easy to add since they're pretty much done making Xbox games.

Oh yeah, and a price drop. That will be far along from now, but it'd be nice.

[quote name='Michaellvortega']The DVD it self would have to contain TAG data, Thats not always the case. So this wont happen. It's a problem with the media rather then the reader.[/QUOTE]
Microsoft could have specified that all games include the title data, just as Sony apparently did with the PS3. It's only a "problem with the media" because they didn't do that.

[quote name='alongx']What the hell would cost you that much? Plug a wireless router into your existing setup - you can find a decent b or g router for around $20 that'd also provide a 4 port wired hub - and you'd be good to go.

I don't know where you'd come up with "at least $400". Maybe if you changed everything in your house to be wireless? Even then I'm not sure how it'd cost you that much.[/QUOTE]

Tivo wifi adapter $100
Xbox 360 wifi adapter $100
Laptop wifi card (Apple) $100
4 pci wifi cards (for desktops) $100

=$400+ cost of the router I get.

But again, why would you have to convert *everything* to wi-fi? You already have everything working with wired connections, right? So if you want to add a wireless device, you only have to buy a cheap router.

[quote name='CitizenB']Tivo wifi adapter $100

=$400+ cost of the router I get.[/QUOTE]

Again, to change to WiFi, you don't need every component in your house to be wireless...that was my point. For your TiVo and Xbox360, you could get a second $20 router and configure it to act as a wireless receiver for your living room. Actually, for your computers you could get $20 USB WiFi receivers. If you're going to buy intelligently, as I was assuming since this is CAG after all, you could update your entire house as per the setup mentioned for under $200.

And wasn't the original discussion an "if the 360 had wifi built in"? That would knock the $100 wifi adapter off of your estimate anyway and bring your figure below your $400 figure.

[quote name='Punk_Raven']Full Backwards compatability, which will be easy to add since they're pretty much done making Xbox games. [/quote]

A simple understanding of the 360 vs. Xbox hardware would tell you that full backwards compatibility not so easy. As it is, even games optimized for the 360 don't work 100%. Translating machine code from one platform to another in real time is not an easily thing to do - look at the massive performance hit seen for PowerPC apps running on Intel Macs.

[quote name='NeoshoTiger'] mandatory Halo 2-style matchmaking system on all Live multiplayer games.[/QUOTE]

This, and a MUCH MUCH quieter system and my 360 would be perfect.

=$400+ cost of the router I get.[/quote]

All you have to do is get a wireless router and plug from internet source into router.

You do know its possible to have a wireless network and still leave stuff wired? Your s

=$400+ cost of the router I get.[/quote]

All you have to do is get a wireless router and plug from internet source into router.

You do know its possible to have a wireless network and still leave stuff wired? Your setup for every item in your house wouldn't change at all. Hell your prices suck too.

This is all you need for a tivo and desktop to connect to a wireless network. http://www.amazon.com/D-Link-DWL-G122-Compact-Wireless-Adapter/dp/B0002DQUHC/sr=8-4/qid=1168903294/ref=pd_bbs_4/105-2761286-9792447?ie=UTF8&s=electronics

I use that on my tivo. Anyways like I said though you can hook up a wireless router without changing how any of your other devices are setup.

I am holding out for them to drastically! quiet down the DVD drive. And improve the quality. I still hear about people's 360 dying nowadays one year after launch, both newly purchased ones as well as older ones.

Those two reasons need to be fixed before I'll bite. Untill then PC and Wii for mii!

[quote name='alongx']
And wasn't the original discussion an "if the 360 had wifi built in"? That would knock the $100 wifi adapter off of your estimate anyway and bring your figure below your $400 figure.
[/QUOTE]
Also, I assume people meant that they wanted built-in wi-fi in *addition* to wired networking, not instead of it. So even if they did come out with built-in wi-fi it's not like you'd be forced to use it.

How about private chat for more than just 2 people. I love playing multiplayer games but hate listening to little kids and thugs. Would be nice to get 3-4 friends in a private chat while we played games avoiding everyone else.

You can mod or pay someone to mod your 360 so it's watercooled. I don't think they'd massively manufacture a watercooled console. Costs too much and takes alot of time to impliment.

[quote name='Punk_Raven']You can mod or pay someone to mod your 360 so it's watercooled. I don't think they'd massively manufacture a watercooled console. Costs too much and takes alot of time to impliment.[/quote]

also requires more maintenance than i'd like.

keyboard/mouse support, multi person voice/video chat, see title of game thats in drive (yeah, i know it has already been said not possible....but still), internet brower with flash support and ability to save movies/pictures to HD, bigger HD (i'd like about 40-60 gigs), built in wifi, more support for external HD's. and make it easier to change songs on a music player.

bread's done
Back