Advance Wars: Dual Strike

Very fun game.Very little improvements made from previous series:about 5 new characters,3 units:megatank unit,stelth planes,repair boat,tag ability,and xp abliites depending on level.

Much easier then previous series due to abilities

[quote name='Quillion']It puts the fun in "Fun Game".[/QUOTE]

I disagree, I think it puts the game in "fun game" but I guess tis each his own...

[quote name='RedvsBlue']I disagree, I think it puts the game in "fun game" but I guess tis each his own...[/quote]I think it puts the funga in "fun game," but I might be on my own there.

I dig it. Bought it soon after I got my Lite, but I stalled out at some point, and haven't gone back to it yet. I'll be back in the game at some point, but I guess my priorities have shifted for the time being.

The Repair Boats are a GREAT new resource.

[quote name='botticus']I think it puts the funga in "fun game," but I might be on my own there.[/QUOTE]

Well, that's what happens when you try to have a "fun game" without "me."

[quote name='trq']Well, that's what happens when you try to have a "fun game" without "me."[/quote]Well played, good sir.

To contribute something useful... I had a lot of fun with this one, but I am now hesitant to get into the GBA games given the lack of touch screen, etc, just preparing for them to be less than stellar.

It's definitely a good, quality, long (fun!) game. Though it's getting to feel a bit cluttered, as both it and Advance Wars 2 are more expansion packs to AW1 than true sequels, and they keep adding more and more abilities and units without doing a whole lot of balancing or removing redundant stuff. The next Wars game will really need a thorough overhaul to maintain the same level of quality. Also I didn't like the pseudo-3D effect on the touch screen map at all, it was like really bad Mode 7.

game, fun, yes

(edit - seriously, I spent more time on this game than probably any other, ever)

Amazing. And yes, fun.

Shame on them for not including new war room missions, though. How much harder could that have been?

I made a thread a few months back entitled, "Advance Wars is like crack," so that should let you know how I feel. Poured hours into this one just to finish the standard campaign, and when I clear out my backlog or get bored with everything else, I'm sure I'll go back to it.

It's definitely off the heezy.

I have spent days (seriously Im over like 3 days in play time) getting medals and playing against my friend.

in hard campaign you are have an option of which characters to choose unlike normal campaign.I highly sugget using rigged co's like sami-force march,kindle pretty good,hachi for cheap deployment,grim for offensive power,max melee offensive and jess for tank power.

I should recommend use at least hachi in your team because he has good stats with no drawbacks and his co power gauge is really easy to refill which is really good for tag mode for 2 troops movements in one turn.

If you have problem with several stages trying gaining experience in skirmish mode.Use skills that are useful in almost every senerio like extra damage on melee offense,decrease melee dmage in defense,100 gold per station and reduce unit cost

Hmmm...

Yeah, I'll have to buy that Hachi guy. I didn't know he got $ off deployment costs. Hmmm...

Does anyone know hoe to get Points fast?

bread's done
Back