Advent Children Where???

Perhaps Best Buy ordered anime DVD-level quantities of the movie instead of regular DVD-level quantities. What category is it listed under? (EDIT: Nevermind that theory; it's listed under Action.)

Anyway, after hearing from my classmate that they didn't have any at Best Buy and that he picked one up at either the EB or GS for $20, I decided that I'd pay the extra $5 and order from GS.com (w/ freeshipall, of course) to get the bonus disc. Or hopefully get the bonus disc...

[quote name='ZForce']I was at Best Buy right around the time they opened and they had about a dozen copies yesterday[/QUOTE]

youre from greenbay right? I may have to make a trip to that store...

No that's the other ZForce (915?) Oddly enough, he's also from Wisconsin, but he's from Green Bay, I'm from Sussex (near Waukesha/Brookfield)

[quote name='mannam23']because aeon flux sucks (the movie at least, haven't seen the anime)[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I realize that. I was being sarcastic about it.

I ran into the same problem as most of you guys. I got to Bestbuy around 12:30 in the afternoon, and they were sold out. There was a bunch of people in there looking for it too. I ran down the road to Circuit City and got the last one on the shelf. Now that I see the trouble everyone is having finding Advent Children, I'm glad I was able to get my hands on a copy.

I would imagine both BB and CC will get more later in the week. Just be sure to get a rain check just in case.

schnuth

[quote name='botticus']Non-plot spoiler:
The ring-tone was the greatest thing ever. I only heard that music a million times over the course of my childhood.
[/QUOTE]

Oh man, that part was so great.

I was extremely apprehensive about watching the movie after the disaster that was "Spirits Within" and wow, I'm completely sold on Squenix as a film company. Like people have already mentioned, it really is meant as a fan tribute to those who loved FF7 and it COMPLETELY makes up for "Spiritis Within". I had so many "oh no they didn't" moments as they kept pulling more and more elements from the series we love.

[quote name='lonestar']You can also rent the movie @ Blockbuster or Hollywood Video[/QUOTE]

whoa, they have it there?

BasketCase1080

FREAKS AND GEEKS!

Anyway, I'm guessing they will have 2-4 copies AT MINIMUM. They rent some anime, so why not this. This is a niche release for fans, but it's a pretty big one. So, video stores may have more than just a few copies to rent.

It's $17.48 at amazon.com. I had pre-ordered it, and recieved it today in the mail. It might be faster to order it online than to wait for shipments to come in.

[quote name='Rags']BasketCase1080

FREAKS AND GEEKS!

Anyway, I'm guessing they will have 2-4 copies AT MINIMUM. They rent some anime, so why not this. This is a niche release for fans, but it's a pretty big one. So, video stores may have more than just a few copies to rent.[/QUOTE]

I just checked online and it said no stores within a 300 mile radius will be carrying this. Lol, looks like best buy/cc/ walmart are my only hope.

[quote name='dafunkk12']Perhaps Best Buy ordered anime DVD-level quantities of the movie instead of regular DVD-level quantities. What category is it listed under? (EDIT: Nevermind that theory; it's listed under Action.)
[/quote]

I found the last copy of AC at my best buy in the anime section. So its probably true that best buy only ordered "anime DVD-level quantities" of the movie. I looked at the new release section and it didnt have a place reserved for it on the self.

I had to go to one of the Wal-Marts here cause CC and BB were sold out. I asked about rainchecks for it at BB and the guy scoffed at me and said no way in hell! Each time I go to CC and BB I am reminded why I don't like those stores.

I just went to Wal-Mart, since it seemed like the best choice from what people are saying in this thread. They had a ton of them, so I advise everyone to just go to Wal-Mart.

The only thing that annoyed me was that there were two versions. One was packaged with Spirits Within, and it was the same price as AC seperately. I don't want TSW. Should have made the single AC cheaper. Oh well, I have a nice TSW coaster now.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']I just went to Wal-Mart, since it seemed like the best choice from what people are saying in this thread. They had a ton of them, so I advise everyone to just go to Wal-Mart.

The only thing that annoyed me was that there were two versions. One was packaged with Spirits Within, and it was the same price as AC seperately. I don't want TSW. Should have made the single AC cheaper. Oh well, I have a nice TSW coaster now.[/QUOTE]

Shit, I guess I'm going to have to go to Wal-Mart then since it comes bundled with TSW.

I went to Walmart and got it, but did not see any packaged with Spirits Within. For the same price, I would have just got in and traded it. Oh well, not really out much. Probably would have had to trade it for an Uwe Boll caliber film anyway.

I am a bit surprised that Best Buy apparantly didn't order enough copies.

In other (somewhat) related news, I pre-ordered my copy a few weeks ago and got shipping confirmation Sunday night. I ordered it with Amazon Prime's 2-day shipping, and it's scheduled to arrive tomorrow (Thursday). Maybe I'm doing the math wrong, but isn't that four day shipping instead of the two I placed the order with?

Oh well, at least I'll be getting my pre-order this time.

I read the first and this page, but Costco has it for $15.39 and they had plenty in stock when I bought it last night. It's actually $18.39, but has a $3 instant rebate (why they can't just say it's on sale is beyond me) but it was easier for me to save the time and gas because Fry's (which has it for $14.77 if I'm not mistaken) and Circuit City are both about an hour away from me. So, hit up Costco and buy a churro while you're there because for $1 it's a steal.

I went to my local Wal-Mart and they were selling FF:AC for $19.96! Are all Wal-Mart's YMMV or what? I didn't see any of the copies come bundled with TSW, this was just the FF:AC movie. It was on the wall and there were maybe 10 copies left. It wasn't even where they put the new release movies, it was actually kinda hidden, I had to ask where to find it.

Since it was so much money, I went to my local Bull Moose Music store instead and got it there for $14.97. I could've gotten it for half off of that price since I had enough points (around 20 points), but I decided to save those for a game I may want later on.

the Best Buy out in Westbury, LI, NY restocked today. they had none when i walked in, but maybe half an hour later they came out with 3-4 cases. pretty much filled up half a shelf.

My friend bought this yesterday at costco for i think 17 bucks.

I have no idea why he bought it though since he has never played final fantasy 7.

[quote name='sevdustflyer']My friend bought this yesterday at costco for i think 17 bucks.

I have no idea why he bought it though since he has never played final fantasy 7.[/QUOTE]

you dont need to play the game to watch the movie...

Just head down to your local stores ..Best Buy, target, Walmart, CC.. Best Buy near me was sold out yesterday but got restocks today just after 1pm..

Most of the BBs in my area were sold out as was CC, but you can definitely get one if you want. Just grab the flier and head over to Wal-Mart. Wal-Marts around here had more than enough to appease the demand, and their price-matching is easy as pie.

Exchanged my copy at BB today (it paused for a second or two in the middle, didn't want to put up with that), they had 41 on hand. It was in the anime section.

[quote name='botticus']Exchanged my copy at BB today (it paused for a second or two in the middle, didn't want to put up with that), they had 41 on hand. It was in the anime section.[/quote]

It paused in the middle for a bit because of layer change. most dvds do that. Mine paused for a fraction of a second in the middle also. maybe you need to buy a new, better dvd player that can do layer transitions more smoothly. It's most likely your dvd player and not the movie itself.

Target was sold out, like I mentioned earlier. Last night I checked the Best Buy locator and they were sold out as well. Then today I went to Circuit City and they were sold out so obviously, due to my love of the hunt, I had to have it now. Then I stopped by Walmart and sure enough, there was about 40 copies... Go figure. I'll be watching it a little later tonight.

[quote name='3QGojo']I went to my local Wal-Mart and they were selling FF:AC for $19.96! Are all Wal-Mart's YMMV or what?.[/QUOTE]

It all depends on the Walmart. If they are off by thereselves somewhere, they have no incentive to match any prices. However, if they are in a situation like here in Fargo, there is a Best Buy just a few blocks down the road, so they usualy match all the prices automaticly. But go back to my town of 3600 in WI, where all there is is a Walmart, you have to bring an ad in to get anything pricematched, otherwise they rarely drop stuff down.

I was taken aback because there's a BB, CC, Target, FYE, EB/GS, Strawberries, TRU, and local stores such as Bull Moose Music and Newbury Comics that all carry this movie and all of these stores were within 5 minutes of this Wal-Mart.

[quote name='Rihan']It all depends on the Walmart. If they are off by thereselves somewhere, they have no incentive to match any prices. However, if they are in a situation like here in Fargo, there is a Best Buy just a few blocks down the road, so they usualy match all the prices automaticly. But go back to my town of 3600 in WI, where all there is is a Walmart, you have to bring an ad in to get anything pricematched, otherwise they rarely drop stuff down.[/QUOTE]

sweet, bb.com says its in stock at both bb's in my area... hope that they will still be there on friday when I go home.

Saw it at Walmart for $14.99.

I was going to get it but the realized I would only watch it once and never touch it again (like all dvd's I own) so I passed.

Yesterday I went to the same Best Buy in my area that was sold out on Tuesday and the did indeed get thier overnight shipment and there were plenty for all. Also got the last Capcom Classics Remix for the PSP for 19.99.

[quote name='whoknows']Saw it at Walmart for $14.99.

I was going to get it but the realized I would only watch it once and never touch it again (like all dvd's I own) so I passed.[/QUOTE]

Depends on whether you're a FF fan, though I'd argue the sheer aesthethic beauty of the movie justifies the price of admission.

Screw you Walmart....

I stopped by Wallyworld today *WITH* Circuit City's ad in hand to price match it. I got shot down because in the managers words "Best Buy and Circuit City are both out and since this is such a hot item we are unable to price match it." I asked her where this is written down that they can simply deny a price match due to her BS story. She just repeated what she said. I walked out pissed and not buying anything as I was in there to buy other things too - namely khaki pants, socks, some air freshiners, and perhaps even a AC stand up fan.

I am more than likely done with shopping at that Walmart in particular. Its a horrible mess to shop in, the employees are rude, and its just not worth it.

[quote name='Demolition Man']Screw you Walmart....

I stopped by Wallyworld today *WITH* Circuit City's ad in hand to price match it. I got shot down because in the managers words "Best Buy and Circuit City are both out and since this is such a hot item we are unable to price match it." I asked her where this is written down that they can simply deny a price match due to her BS story. She just repeated what she said. I walked out pissed and not buying anything as I was in there to buy other things too - namely khaki pants, socks, some air freshiners, and perhaps even a AC stand up fan.

I am more than likely done with shopping at that Walmart in particular. Its a horrible mess to shop in, the employees are rude, and its just not worth it.[/QUOTE]

Was that the Northtown Walmart or the Riverdale (coon rapids) one?

[quote name='romeogbs19']Depends on whether you're a FF fan, though I'd argue the sheer aesthethic beauty of the movie justifies the price of admission.[/QUOTE]

I've seen it already, I was only interested in hearing it in English. I'm fine though, maybe when I can get it for $10 or less.

I think BB got restocked yesterday... at least, some guy was putting like 20 copies on the shelf... though apparently not every place got restocked since the other BB only had the UMD version... which is worthless to anyone with sense.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Was that the Northtown Walmart or the Riverdale (coon rapids) one?[/QUOTE]

Northtown. The Riverdale one is a bit better in comparison but usually I go to the one in Forrest Lake. :D

[quote name='Demolition Man']Northtown. The Riverdale one is a bit better in comparison but usually I go to the one in Forrest Lake. :D[/QUOTE]

I typed that out and then realized that it almost had to be Northtown. They're always dicks there. I mean really, who kicks someone out of the store just for going on the intercom at 1 am?

[quote name='RedvsBlue']I typed that out and then realized that it almost had to be Northtown. They're always dicks there. I mean really, who kicks someone out of the store just for going on the intercom at 1 am?[/QUOTE]

You actually did that? :lol: If so then you have my total and utmost respect (not that you don't already but still....).

That location is just horrible. I can't stand going in there outside of the Subwayin there. I wish everyone else in that building would be even as half as nice as the folks at that Subway are. Plus the breakfast subs at Subway are great.... yes.... Subway is trying out breakfast subs.

In either case my CC is getting some more in either tommorow (Friday) or Saturday since our system shows copies on the way. Just pisses me off since I wanted to watch it tonight after TNA Impact which I am recording right now (so I can skip past the ten trillion ads).

[quote name='Demolition Man']You actually did that? :lol: If so then you have my total and utmost respect (not that you don't already but still....).

That location is just horrible. I can't stand going in there outside of the Subwayin there. I wish everyone else in that building would be even as half as nice as the folks at that Subway are. Plus the breakfast subs at Subway are great.... yes.... Subway is trying out breakfast subs.

In either case my CC is getting some more in either tommorow (Friday) or Saturday since our system shows copies on the way. Just pisses me off since I wanted to watch it tonight after TNA Impact which I am recording right now (so I can skip past the ten trillion ads).[/QUOTE]

After we got thrown out we drove over Cub, got a tomato, mashed it up real good without breaking the skin, and then threw it through their open doors.

I got thrown out of the Brooklyn Park one twice in the span of a week for the same thing. They told me not to come back until I grew up, my friends and I figured that we had matured enough in the span of a week.

I've also been thrown out of the Coon Rapids one but it wasn't my fault that time. It was guilt by association.

For the record that makes 4 times being kicked out of 3 different walmarts. This all happened in my younger days back when I was in high school.

bread's done
Back