ADVfilms.com Mothers Day Sale

[quote name='Soujiro_Seta']I dont think those are the movies. Theyre just the last 6 episodes "directors cut" . They really didnt add to much.[/QUOTE]

Yeah those are the Director's Cut versions of the last few episodes. If your an Eva nut like me you'll want to pick these up. There are a few extra minutes of new animation per episode that ties it into the movie better. The new Eva Platnium edition includes both the original and director's cut versions on the same DVD.

AFAIK Manga Ent. has the licenses to both End of Eva and Death & Rebirth in the US. So you won't see those on the ADV website.

To keep this on topic I got my order from their Tax Day sale yesterday. 11 volumes of Aura Battler Dunbune, all three Megazone 23, and Conduct Zero on a whim. :) Tiny drill holes through the barcodes, but besides that everything was brand new. I'm glad I got what I wanted the last couple of sales since there isn't much of interest in this one IMHO.

schnuth

I thank you sincerly OP, I mean ive been looking for a good deal on King of Bandits Jing and Kinos Journey, now I have both volume 1s and the boxes, Ill wait to get the other dvds cheap online, thanks.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']Well thanks for the post, but didn't really see anything that I wanted or that wasn't cheaper elsewhere.

Oh yaeh, does anyone know if these are the two NGE movies:

http://www.advfilms.com/CatalogFilms_Detail.asp?ID=491

http://www.advfilms.com/CatalogFilms_Detail.asp?ID=492

If they are then I might pick them up since I'm still missing them.[/QUOTE]

No need to get those if you have end of evangelion, trust me, its a waste of cash, end of evangelion was made due to the bad taste the animes ending the death/rebirth left in peoples mouths. Hell basically Evangelion is Death/Rebirth with many additions.

[quote name='Nirvanaguy777']No need to get those if you have end of evangelion, trust me, its a waste of cash, end of evangelion was made due to the bad taste the animes ending the death/rebirth left in peoples mouths. Hell basically Evangelion is Death/Rebirth with many additions.[/QUOTE]

You're incorrect. Death/Rebirth served as somewhat of a teaser for End of Evangelion, while recapping the TV series. Hell, the whole Rebirth half is the first portion of End of Evangelion.

There's also a rumor floating around that the End of Evangelion movie was produced as a final "screw you" to all the Evangelion fans that were dissatisfied with the TV ending. This is also false. As you can clearly see after having viewed both, elements from the movie were already incorporated into the TV ending. They run parallel to each other, neither a more "true" ending than the other.

And now you know!

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']You're incorrect. Death/Rebirth served as somewhat of a teaser for End of Evangelion, while recapping the TV series. Hell, the whole Rebirth half is the first portion of End of Evangelion.

There's also a rumor floating around that the End of Evangelion movie was produced as a final "screw you" to all the Evangelion fans that were dissatisfied with the TV ending. This is also false. As you can clearly see after having viewed both, elements from the movie were already incorporated into the TV ending. They run parallel to each other, neither a more "true" ending than the other.

And now you know![/QUOTE]

Yet many fans feel it best to watch episodes 1 to 24 then the movie.

[quote name='Nirvanaguy777']Yet many fans feel it best to watch episodes 1 to 24 then the movie.[/QUOTE]
And many fans also prefer to pretend that End of Evangelion doesn't exist at all, as they prefer the TV ending. Regardless, my point stands. This has no relevance to what I said before.

Shame they are already releasing an updated version of the Farscape series and since Ive started with those, these box sets arent too special.

ordered azumanga 1+box for $18 after shipping. good deal compare to other stores. now i got all volumes after picking other ones at BB for $7~ early this week.

bread's done
Back