Age Of Empires III

isuckatgaming

CAG Veteran
ok, ive downloaded the demo for this game
and i want it reallly bad.
the game looks amazing.
but tell me, you people who have it. Is it worth $50 to get the game, if i am just a kid who plays games in his spare (very spare, inbetween homework, friends, drumming, and so on) time.

???

-adam:bouncy:

[quote name='Roufuss']It's too bad, you just missed a sale where this was $20.[/quote]

yup....was only 19.99 at bestbuy a couple weeks ago, luckily i grabbed it even though i didnt have a computer to run it then

I played it for a while. I would not pay more then $25 for it. It is fun to play, but not against the AI. Against other people it is great fun though. The AI is just so, stupid, sure I can kill them but ti takes so long that it stops being fun. In most games this is the formula that follows : Start town and expand. Meet enemy. Enemy ignores you for the most part. You create as big of an army as you can only to be slowly killed off by the enemies towers and units. After doing some slight damage you keep up the formula until the enemy is dead. In one game the AI had made over 70 villagers. And they did not even do anything, it had about 40 villagers idle at most times. But the AI still managed to hold of my attacks for several rounds. I would not buy this game for the single player experience but to play against friends only.

[quote name='dtarasev']I played it for a while. I would not pay more then $25 for it. It is fun to play, but not against the AI. Against other people it is great fun though. The AI is just so, stupid, sure I can kill them but ti takes so long that it stops being fun. In most games this is the formula that follows : Start town and expand. Meet enemy. Enemy ignores you for the most part. You create as big of an army as you can only to be slowly killed off by the enemies towers and units. After doing some slight damage you keep up the formula until the enemy is dead. In one game the AI had made over 70 villagers. And they did not even do anything, it had about 40 villagers idle at most times. But the AI still managed to hold of my attacks for several rounds. I would not buy this game for the single player experience but to play against friends only.[/QUOTE]

In my opinion, you can never have enough villagers in the early and middle portions of the game. If you think you have enough villagers, you don't - you got to build up the economy. As far as idle villagers - that is stupid - but I've never noticed it except when a civilization is near its death.

Take towers out with seige weapons without risking the lives of your units. Have the unit protect the seige weapon when the enemy attacks.

I think Age of Empires 3 is fun. Adds cool concept of Home city - where you get shipments of goods. You have to unlock "cards" over multiple games for different types of shipments and then chose which ones you want to use in your next game.

I enjoy having the native outposts and using their warriors as an added military bonus (I dont think they count toward your population limit.

I also enjoy the trading posts to collect resources for free and defending them with towers and natives/soldiers.

But I would wait until it goes on sale again - I would have a hard time spending $50 when I knew it was on sale at some point for $20. Jut wait, it will go on sale again.

Unless the home city concept or graphics were among your favorite things about the game, you can pick up AoE2 Gold on the cheap ($20-30) and get pretty much the same pacing and gameplay, just minus the aforementioned improvements.

bread's done
Back