Alan Wake (360) $49.99 + $10 Gaming Credit at Amazon

Cyrian

CAGiversary!
Looks like they matched Walmart. It's one of those things where you have to add it to the cart to see the price. And it still has the $10 gaming credit.
Alan Wake

Last edited by a moderator:
Just checked Walmart.com if they still have this same deal ... and it looks like they are not offering the $10 gc anymore. Price is at $48.54.

... Amazon might do the same ... damn I wish that RDR $20 gc came in already ...

Sounds paranoid but I wonder if Amazon is holding back the RDR $20 credit until the last second because the know many are trying to use it on the Alan Wake deal. Usually does not take this long to get the credit, most times I get the it the day the game ships.

Fingers crossed, would love this at $30.

[quote name='Death by Kuvasz']Sounds paranoid but I wonder if Amazon is holding back the RDR $20 credit until the last second because the know many are trying to use it on the Alan Wake deal. Usually does not take this long to get the credit, most times I get the it the day the game ships.

Fingers crossed, would love this at $30.[/QUOTE]

Same here. I ended up forgetting that I had a copy of ALAN WAKE also coming from Walmart -- will Amazon let me return my ALAN WAKE and keep the $10 pre-order credit for another game (if I end up applying it before I return the copy), or will they deduct that from my refund? I can't imagine they would on the latter, but I wonder if they really police that type of thing.

Well I got my $10 Alan Wake credit that I ordered two days ago, but still no sign of the RDR credit. FYI the credit for Alan Wake has to be used by 6/30/10.

Emailed and asked about my credit. This is the response:

Hello,

I checked the description of the "Red Dead Redemption" offer and we'll send your $20 Gift Card via e-mail within 10 business days after the game releases.

Since your order meets all of the terms and conditions for the offer, you'll receive your $20 Gift Card by May 31, 2010. If you don't receive it by then, please let us know by going to the URL below:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/contact-us/pricing-and-promotions.html/

I hope this helps. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

--

Looks like it'll probably be ModNation Racers I use this credit for. Oh well, I'm sure by the time the DLC comes in July, I'll have found a deal for $30 or so on this single-player only, short scare game. MDR is probably the better long term deal anyway.

[quote name='phantomfriar2002']Same here. I ended up forgetting that I had a copy of ALAN WAKE also coming from Walmart -- will Amazon let me return my ALAN WAKE and keep the $10 pre-order credit for another game (if I end up applying it before I return the copy), or will they deduct that from my refund? I can't imagine they would on the latter, but I wonder if they really police that type of thing.[/QUOTE]

Amazon isn't in the business of being stupid. They'll deduct it.

Plus, they charge you for return shipping.

[quote name='confoosious']Amazon isn't in the business of being stupid. They'll deduct it.

Plus, they charge you for return shipping.[/QUOTE]

And be careful how many times you return things, I've heard people on other forums talking about being banned from Amazon for returning too many items.

[quote name='benjamouth']And be careful how many times you return things, I've heard people on other forums talking about being banned from Amazon for returning too many items.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, thanks for the heads-up, I'll just unload it on ebay.

I received my $10 promotional credit through Amazon, but I didn't receive the Bright Falls Bonus Pack with the theme and avatar item? Is there a chance I still receive an email from Amazon with the code? They said the code would be emailed to me within 10 days of the game being released. Anyone else in my boat?

yeah, I know it was discussed a couple pages back, but what is up with the bonus codes? I always used to get bonus codes almost immediately after ordering, I got one for GoW 3 before I even got my order confirmation!! is it worth emailing them? My avatar needs some new clothes!!

and I had my CE waiting for me on my desk when I got back from lunch..so thick and heavy! very nice :D looks like I'll be blowing off my friends tonight for sure..

[quote name='token2k6']so thick and heavy! very nice :D looks like I'll be blowing off my friends tonight for sure..[/QUOTE]

remove the word "off" and that statement has a way diff meaning.:booty:
lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm wondering if this is taking longer because it is an all-purpose gift card as opposed to a video game promotional credit. I think I remember reading the promo wording and thinking that this may be a true gift card, but I may be crazy.

[quote name='token2k6']yeah, I know it was discussed a couple pages back, but what is up with the bonus codes? I always used to get bonus codes almost immediately after ordering, I got one for GoW 3 before I even got my order confirmation!! is it worth emailing them? My avatar needs some new clothes!!

and I had my CE waiting for me on my desk when I got back from lunch..so thick and heavy! very nice :D looks like I'll be blowing off my friends tonight for sure..[/QUOTE]

yeah mine's sitting on my desk as well. trying to decide whether to open it.

over 1000 copies available on amazon so it's not like this is gonna be a rare item.

Wow Cheapy if you already beat the game I expect this to drop to below $30 in no time. Short game, no multiplayer, I am debating if I should wait longer.

[quote name='confoosious']yeah mine's sitting on my desk as well. trying to decide whether to open it.[/QUOTE]

I say just go for it! Enjoy it man, I bet there isn't much else on the horizon that you plan on getting, so this would be well worth it. Why deal w/ the hassle now of trying to return it and rebuy..yeah, the talk of it being short is kind of a let down, but I bet it will be a hell of a ride..and sometimes that makes it all the better :)

[quote name='token2k6']I say just go for it! Enjoy it man, I bet there isn't much else on the horizon that you plan on getting, so this would be well worth it. Why deal w/ the hassle now of trying to return it and rebuy..yeah, the talk of it being short is kind of a let down, but I bet it will be a hell of a ride..and sometimes that makes it all the better :)[/QUOTE]

I like the cut of your jib.

To everyone waiting on the $20 credit for their RDR purchase, the credit is a $20 gift card that will be MAILED to you and can take up to 10 business days. This is exactly what it said for the preorder.

[quote name='confoosious']yeah mine's sitting on my desk as well. trying to decide whether to open it.

over 1000 copies available on amazon so it's not like this is gonna be a rare item.[/QUOTE]
Did you get an email with the avatar/theme code from amazon? I haven't. If I recall correctly, there was also an avatar/theme preorder bonus on the LE too.

[quote name='eau']Did you get an email with the avatar/theme code from amazon? I haven't. If I recall correctly, there was also an avatar/theme preorder bonus on the LE too.[/QUOTE]

got it from GS for $60 and the avatar theme code was in my junk folder.

On hold right now w/ Amazon CS.."What are the bonus codes for exactly?" he asked. I said, "Well, it's still on your product information page, under "Pre-Order Information"..you guys left it up there even though the game came out yesterday!" I said, as far as I know they are not included inside the package (which haven't opened yet, but doesn't say it on back of box, and half you guys have confirmed this) So we'll see what happens. Maybe they got tired of firing off codes to people who would just return the product (like $30 PSN Home costumes) and are waiting a set amount of days..

and we're back, shit elevator music song change..oh well, will try to update this post if I get a positive outcome..

edit: some BS about how this was forwarded to the marketing division and they would be getting back to me w/in 48 hours :bomb:

I also got my $10 refund. I never emailed or called them. And people were trying to email/call amazon regarding the refund, even though their policy stated that it would be automatically refunded due to the preorder price guarantee

I got an e-mail saying it decreased in price and I'll receive a refund of $10 and will receive an additional e-mail when the refund is processed.

Still waiting on the code for Theme/T-Shirt.

[quote name='Mikocouch']To everyone waiting on the $20 credit for their RDR purchase, the credit is a $20 gift card that will be MAILED to you and can take up to 10 business days. This is exactly what it said for the preorder.[/QUOTE]

No it won't be mailed.

"Hello,

I checked the description of the Red Dead Redemption offer and see we'll send your promotional certificate via e-mail 10 business days after the item is released.

As long as your order meets all of the terms and conditions for the offer, you'll receive your promotional certificate by June 1, 2010. If you don't receive it by then, please let us know by going to the URL below:"

Got that in my email this morning because I asked them about it.

[quote name='confoosious']got it from GS for $60 and the avatar theme code was in my junk folder.[/QUOTE]

I also ordered Alan Wake from GS, but have not received my code. I just sent them an e-mail to see what the deal is. I even checked my Junk/Spam folder.

[quote name='mr_bungle']No it won't be mailed.

"Hello,

I checked the description of the Red Dead Redemption offer and see we'll send your promotional certificate via e-mail 10 business days after the item is released.

As long as your order meets all of the terms and conditions for the offer, you'll receive your promotional certificate by June 1, 2010. If you don't receive it by then, please let us know by going to the URL below:"

Got that in my email this morning because I asked them about it.[/QUOTE]

cool, thanks for clearing that up.

Wow, due to me emailing in before for refund and getting that done, then I guess when they went around to do it for everyone they refunded me again. So thats $20 dollars off Alan Wake :O

[quote name='token2k6']On hold right now w/ Amazon CS.."What are the bonus codes for exactly?" he asked. I said, "Well, it's still on your product information page, under "Pre-Order Information"..you guys left it up there even though the game came out yesterday!" I said, as far as I know they are not included inside the package (which haven't opened yet, but doesn't say it on back of box, and half you guys have confirmed this) So we'll see what happens. Maybe they got tired of firing off codes to people who would just return the product (like $30 PSN Home costumes) and are waiting a set amount of days..

and we're back, shit elevator music song change..oh well, will try to update this post if I get a positive outcome..

edit: some BS about how this was forwarded to the marketing division and they would be getting back to me w/in 48 hours :bomb:[/QUOTE]

It was in the case for me, I bought the PS3 version (pre-order).

Wow I also got a double $10 refund for my Alan Wake order. Once for emailing myself and just now again apparently because it auto adjusted. Ended up paying $20 for it plus got the $10 credit.

[quote name='Hoffer']I played the first episode last night and am really enjoying the game.
[/QUOTE]

I have to say the same thing :) Really good game indeed.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Wow I also got a double $10 refund for my Alan Wake order. Once for emailing myself and just now again apparently because it auto adjusted. Ended up paying $20 for it plus got the $10 credit.[/QUOTE]

Figured this would happen for some who got an initial refund by emailing. I did but never received the second automated one. Of course I'm not implying I should have recieved a second one; just that I thought I would as Amazon has mistakenly double refunded me before.

[quote name='Fakinmail123']Are amazon preorders supposed to come with the theme and Tshirt? Or is that walmart only? Got my $10 VG Credit this morning.[/QUOTE]

Nope, Amazon had this too listed on the product page (its still there, so I would screen-cap it will you can..) I called yesterday and was told they'd get back to me w/in 48 hours. Well, getting a little anxious, I just fired of an email in response to their, "Did your question get answered?" follow-up email. (THE HELL IT DID!)

Whats worse is that people in the Wal-Mart thread are saying these codes are actually on a card that was, in some cases, mailed in a completely different package by a different carrier..but no one is coming out and saying it is in fact on a card, b/c GS orderers had their codes emailed (which seems like what Amazon would do) Seems like maybe Amazon forgot to include the code card inside the package. If I don't get my codes, I'm gonna make a move to return the product open to Amazon saying they didn't fulfill their end of the deal and raise holy hell if they deny it.

[quote name='token2k6'] If I don't get my codes, I'm gonna make a move to return the product open to Amazon saying they didn't fulfill their end of the deal and raise holy hell if they deny it.[/QUOTE]

token - relax. Amazon always makes good. No need to get all worked up about it and sound like some of the morons around here.

[quote name='confoosious']token - relax. Amazon always makes good. No need to get all worked up about it and sound like some of the morons around here.[/QUOTE]

whew! yeah, thanks, its just frustrating I guess b/c we all want what we're supposed to get and the lack of knowledge or understanding on Amazon's part is lackluster at best. I just don't want anyone to get slighted..

Got my Alan Wake LE today. They fucking shipped it in a weak cardboard wrapper with no cushioning at all. Some jerk had to drop the package during transit and crushed one of the front corners. Now my LE looks crap.

I'm waiting for a replacement from amazon.

Freakin' jerk was too lazy to assemble and tape a probably box to ship a $80 LE item like this. This is not the first time receiving a damaged game in a cardboard wrapper or bubble envelope. They do this a lot recently. Too cheap to use a proper box to ship.

Now more waiting time for me.

Well got my pre-order bonus codes at 4:20am :)D) this morning from Amazon..pretty cool, 3 in all, male & female Avatar shirts and the code for the theme. So, I guess nothing being mailed for me..at least I can rest easy now :lol:

Here is your bonus code to unlock the female avatar shirt: KQHBG-P8MDD-36P4P-CTYH7-72JB6

Someone can use that as I have no need for it.

bread's done
Back