All of you PS3 doubters now have a reason to keep your console.

hhhdx4

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
270040brp.jpg

Who cares about the game, David friggin Wright is on the cover!

Well, if MLB 2k7 sucks again this year, then Sony may have the best MLB game again.

IMO, if Sony was smart, they'd cancel the PS2 version, and force people to buy either a PS3 or PSP (which don't have the userbase), if they want a good, simulation MLB game.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']Well, if MLB 2k7 sucks again this year, then Sony may have the best MLB game again.

IMO, if Sony was smart, they'd cancel the PS2 version, and force people to buy either a PS3 or PSP (which don't have the userbase), if they want a good, simulation MLB game.[/QUOTE]

Well, if the PS3 version blows the ps2 version out of the water I don't think many fans of the series will get the ps2 version, kinda like an option you have but don't want (core X360/PS3 20 GB)

Might be the worst choice for a cover athlete and the worst sports game cover photo ever.

It really looks like a shot you'd see on an early-'80s Topps card when they couldn't corner the athlete for a headshot or an awkward 'batting stance' pose.

Now if the game inside actually rocks, however....

[quote name='hhhdx4']The 5 hitter, and all-star 3rd baseman for the best team in the NL in the largest baseball market in the country is a bad choice for the cover?[/quote]

Shouldn't they have beaten the NL and World Champion St. Louis Cardinals then? ;)

[quote name='louieknucks']Shouldn't they have beaten the NL and World Champion St. Louis Cardinals then? ;)[/QUOTE]

If they didn't have 60% of their bullpen hurt they would have....

*grumbles*

umm the reason to own a PS3 is just because how badass and awsome the technology is. Then the Sony exclusives could be considered better than nintendo, because nintendo takes 6 years to make one solid traditional game of mario or zelda. We see 1; 2 at the most for a solid franchise games. Sony has a new game for the franchise at least every 2 years because they are not afraid to hire the task force needed.

You know what? No lie. May seem weird because I don't like sports and I'm a girl..but

One of the first games I bought for my Saturn was World Series Baseball.

I was amazed by the player models, the realistic stadiums, the voice clips, and was hooked to the homerun derby and exhibition games I played on the demo.

I've never played another baseball game again, but you know what? Honestly..

If a PS3 baseball game can recreate that excitement from 10 years ago for me...then I'd actually buy this game and consider it a reason to keep the console.

I'm just saying, it's not a bad "launch" game...baseball games are slightly more simple than football and even basketball, have some spectacular eye candy due to the slower pace of the game, and usually have lots of modes that are "pick up and play"

[quote name='sarausagi']You know what? No lie. May seem weird because I don't like sports and I'm a girl..but

One of the first games I bought for my Saturn was World Series Baseball.

I was amazed by the player models, the realistic stadiums, the voice clips, and was hooked to the homerun derby and exhibition games I played on the demo.

I've never played another baseball game again, but you know what? Honestly..

If a PS3 baseball game can recreate that excitement from 10 years ago for me...then I'd actually buy this game and consider it a reason to keep the console.

I'm just saying, it's not a bad "launch" game...baseball games are slightly more simple than football and even basketball, have some spectacular eye candy due to the slower pace of the game, and usually have lots of modes that are "pick up and play"[/QUOTE]

Well this wouldn't be a launch game, its coming out in march.

btw ever atleast play MVP?

[quote name='hhhdx4']Well this wouldn't be a launch game, its coming out in march.

btw ever atleast play MVP?[/QUOTE]

No..maybe me and baseball have an intimate connection and I just haven't realized it..

mvp on 360? i'll download a demo if it is.

Speaking as a St. Louis resident, I feel that if they wanted a 3rd baseman Scott Rolen should be on the cover. He actually showed up in the playoffs while hurt and helped the best team in the WORLD win the WORLD series. Also, the Cards had plenty of injuries as well going into that series including Mark Mulder and Izzy. In a way I was glad Izzy was hurt since I got to see the great Beltran's knees buckle on a called strike three by Wainright.

[quote name='thagoat']meh.....our national past time is played by a bunch of illegals. ill pass.[/QUOTE]

Wow, I would've pegged you for the South with a comment like that. Why to poo on this thread.

[quote name='ruffinra']Speaking as a St. Louis resident, I feel that if they wanted a 3rd baseman Scott Rolen should be on the cover. He actually showed up in the playoffs while hurt and helped the best team in the WORLD win the WORLD series. Also, the Cards had plenty of injuries as well going into that series including Mark Mulder and Izzy. In a way I was glad Izzy was hurt since I got to see the great Beltran's knees buckle on a called strike three by Wainright.[/QUOTE]

1. Scott Rolen is old and not marketable

2. David Wright did more in the playoffs than Rolen did.

3. the Cardinals weren't the best team in their own league, much less "THE WORLD"

[quote name='hhhdx4']1. Scott Rolen is old and not marketable

2. David Wright did more in the playoffs than Rolen did.

3. the Cardinals weren't the best team in their own league, much less "THE WORLD"[/QUOTE]
So that's why they won the world series.............................

The World Series doesn't determine who the better team over a 162 game season span was, it determines who won the final round of a playoff series.

[quote name='thagoat']meh.....our national past time is played by a bunch of illegals. ill pass.[/QUOTE]

so full of ignorance...

[quote name='hhhdx4']
270040brp.jpg

Who cares about the game, David friggin Wright is on the cover![/quote]
:applause:

Guess we're the only 2 Met fans here. :lol: \\:D/

God damn it OP I got all excited to that maybe I wouldn't return the ps3 I have and actually keep it to play games. BIG LET DOWN. :p

I don't understand the title of this thread. Would a PS3 doubter have a PS3? Or are you saying the game is so terrible that it will make all the doubters keep their other consoles?

[quote name='panasonic']umm the reason to own a PS3 is just because how badass and awsome the technology is. Then the Sony exclusives could be considered better than nintendo, because nintendo takes 6 years to make one solid traditional game of mario or zelda. We see 1; 2 at the most for a solid franchise games. Sony has a new game for the franchise at least every 2 years because they are not afraid to hire the task force needed.[/QUOTE]
The funny thing about that is Nintedo will take their sweet time and the games are still blowing the competition away in terms of quality and innovation. You know when Nintendo makes a game. They are thorough and you will get your money's worth. Do-Do-Do-Do-Do-Do.....Domp!

[quote name='ricoraney']The funny thing about that is Nintedo will take their sweet time and the games are still blowing the competition away in terms of quality and innovation. You know when Nintendo makes a game. They are thorough and you will get your money's worth. Do-Do-Do-Do-Do-Do.....Domp![/QUOTE]

that is the sad part the games so good but so few ( posting from ps3)

[quote name='captainfrizo']If David Wright is the primary reason to keep a PS3 then Sony is in worse trouble than I thought.[/quote]
seconded

[quote name='crushtopher'][quote name='hhhdx4']
270040brp.jpg

is that his tongue sticking out?[/QUOTE]

Yes he does that quite alot.

24186831.jpg

wright_david2.jpg

David-Wright---2005-Scrapbook-Photograph-C12158932.jpeg

david%20wright-778399.jpg

He also knows how to party

168337714_a274d4aac0_o.jpg

bread's done