Amazon Black Friday Deals Week - Lightning Deals Every Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[IMG-R=5198]10321[/IMG-R][preview]Amazon Black Friday Deals Week kicks off now! According to Amazon, "These limited-supply offers will go quickly but we'll add new ones throughout the day, every day". We'll try to keep this post as up-to-date as possible, but check the Amazon Black Friday Deals Week Page often so you don't miss out!

iconamazon.gif
Amazon Black Friday Deals Week - Video Games

Tuesday's Deals (discussion starts here)
Clues or Guesses listed below. Title and price revealed at times listed below.

6AM PST / 9AM EST
:360: Smackdown vs Raw 2010 $39.98

8AM PST / 11AM EST
:360: Saw $39.98

9AM PST / 12PM EST
:pc: Bioshock $4.99
:wii: Bakugan Battle Brawlers $25
:ps3: Need for Speed: Undercover $10

10AM PST / 1PM EST
:360: Batman Arkham Asylum [Collector's Edition] $49.99

12PM PST / 3PM EST

iconamazon.gif
Assassins Creed II $49.98
:ds: Metallic Rose DS Lite $97.98
:360: Cabela's Big Game Hunter 2010 $23.99
:360: Midnight Club: LA $10
:wii: Carnival Games $10

3PM PST / 6PM EST
:360: Tekken 6 Limited Edition Bundle $59.98

6PM PST / 9PM EST
:360: Tales of Vesperia $14.98

8PM PST / 11PM EST
:360: Star Ocean: The Last Hope $25.98

[/preview]

Upcoming Featured Deals (thanks, Darkchaos91)

Tuesday:

• :360: DJ Hero Bundle with Turntable
Wednesday:

• :360: Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen
  • :ps3: Guitar Hero Smash Hits
  • :wii: Rapala: We Fish with Rod Bundle
Thursday:

• :wii: We Ski and Snowboard
  • :ps3: Tekken 6
Friday:

• :ds: Nintendo DSi Bundle with 5 Pre-installed Titles
  • :360: Xbox 360 Bundle with 2 Games
  • :360: Xbox 360 Limited-Edition Console
  • :ps3: PlayStation 120 GB Bundle with 2 Games

Deal History

Monday's Lightning Deals - Expired:[hiddenlist]

9AM PST / 12PM EST
:wii: New Play Control! Pikmin $14.98
:ps3: COD 4: GOTY Edition $25
:360: Rock Band 2 Special Edition $70
:ps3: Rock Band 2 Special Edition $70
:wii: Big Beach Sports $10
:360: UFC 2009 Undisputed $25

12PM PST / 3PM EST Guesses or Clues below:
:wii: COD: World at War $27
:ds: Nintendo DS Lite Crimson/Black $97.98
[/hiddenlist]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='feobahamutz']same here with the UFC thing, but I don't know that I want to take the risk. there's no way I'm paying $50 for UFC[/QUOTE]

I am in the same boat, any idea what we can do to fix it?

Was about to bite on RB2 SE for $30 (after $40 promotional credit), but I figure I should just wait it out until they really go on sale. I've got until February to use it, so I'm sure we'll see it even cheaper before then. Although $30 for a full game and several instruments is a pretty fucking good deal...

[quote name='Ed_']Was gonna bite on COD4 but it's $25...GS has it just shy of $22 (complete...although used) after Edge and CAG16 and I have credit to burn.[/QUOTE]

Or you can get it for $23.50 shipped from Gamestaq (used of course).

[quote name='cheeky']Incredibly lackluster deals, Amazon. For Shame![/QUOTE]

I think until ACTUAL Black Friday we're just going to see regular Gold Box-ish deals every day.

Gold Box deals generally aren't amazing, much like this.

Hm... I don't see anything I'd want but I'm not surprised. I've bought a ton of games this year. I'm hoping they'll have better deals as we get closer to Xmas.

Pulled the trigger on Rock Band 2 for my son for Christmas. He just got a new 360, and I'm sure he will enjoy it.

I also pulled the trigger on the two wii games. Did i get taken by the deal gods?? Should i cancel one or both of the wii games?? I liked Pikmin on the Cube, and the other one looks like another family type wii motion game??

[quote name='Purkeynator']supposedly the strum bar is less mushy and it has an auto calibrate feature. Other than that it is a sunburst color instead of black and thats about it.[/QUOTE]

Meh, strum bar wasn't my problem but the buttons on the neck. Could never get used them.

I went ahead and got RB2 for $50 w/ MW2 credit, I have been waiting for awhile and that is a good enough deal for me.

To the guy that says it shows up as $99 in cart, proceed to checkout.

[quote name='csabatini']I went ahead and got RB2 for $50 w/ MW2 credit, I have been waiting for awhile and that is a good enough deal for me.

To the guy that says it shows up as $99 in cart, proceed to checkout.[/QUOTE]

I did, still says no go.

and now i cant reclaim...

grr... UFC was the only thing in the US Black Friday sale that has interested me so I was ecstatic when I came on here and realized that Amazon had price matched Wal-Mart...

but when I add it to my cart it is the same $50 price tag

Anyone know what the deal is going to be with that Limited Xbox 360 on Friday?

I am assuming that it is the COD2 bundle...

[quote name='WuGgaRoO']I'm having trouble getting to the deals (currently on a blackberry) does anyone know what the "fun in the sun" hint is about?[/QUOTE]

It was Big Beach Sports for Wii for $10, and it's sold out now.

Regarding Big Beach Sports selling out the fastest, it may in fact be selling the most, but there's no way to know - the quantities of each item are unknown. Maybe they only have 10 copies. Who knows? Yeah, probably they've got 5000, but there's no way to know for certain.

I'm mulling over 360 RB2 at $70 and have it in my cart. I've got a $10 credit from NSMBWii, but I've got RB2 for Wii already and I don't really play it that much. I want to play RB Beatles and Lego Rock Band with the kids, and the latter is worse on the Wii, but I don't know if switching to the 360 version and selling my Wii version is worth the bother. Hmm.

I still can't decide what to do with RB2 SE. I've recently purchased GH:Metallica and GH:WT (game only) for about $25 total, so this seems like a pretty good deal to me. I'd get the full band kit and those two GH games for $100 total. And I've already got an Xplorer and a Les Paul GH controller, so I'm good there.

Do I bite?

[quote name='mvpmets00']It still says 99.99 in my cart for rock band 2?[/QUOTE]

When you get to the checkout screen you'll see a $29 credit applied to the order.

I want Pikmin, but I don't get paid until tomorrow. I COULD pick it up, but I like having some "oh shit" money on hand. Guess I'll see if I can pick it up at BB Friday, if Amazon doesn't repost it.

RB2 for $70 is awesome, IMO, but I already have that.

i ordered a copy of ufc. i got the regular price. i fired off an email to amazon asking for a correction. i'll post their reply.

[quote name='porieux']Gee Amazon, I've only had RB2 for over a year already...and UFC looks lame, shoulda been FN4.[/QUOTE]
UFC has actually gotten a lot of praise and positive reviews (83%-84% average on metacritic). And for $25 it seems like a pretty good deal to me.

[quote name='Bronson-Lee']UFC for 25 and the RB2 deals are pretty epic, but I REALLY want to know what their DJ Hero deal is for tomorrow. 60 Amazon, 60~![/QUOTE]

I would love to see DJ Hero at 60 for tomorrow. I need to see what time that one is going off so I can be ready.

Picked up UFC(emailed Amazon requesting a price adjustment). Now only waiting for deals on Brutal Legends, GTA4 Eps & Assassin's Creed 2.

Will post back when I hear back from Amazon customer service.

[quote name='Bronson-Lee']UFC for 25 and the RB2 deals are pretty epic, but I REALLY want to know what their DJ Hero deal is for tomorrow. 60 Amazon, 60~![/QUOTE]

If it's $60, I'll buy it before it goes on sale.

Are there going to be a real black friday sale or Amazon just going to keep doing this? So far I am not very impressed.

[quote name='BingoBrown']I still can't decide what to do with RB2 SE. I've recently purchased GH:Metallica and GH:WT (game only) for about $25 total, so this seems like a pretty good deal to me. I'd get the full band kit and those two GH games for $100 total. And I've already got an Xplorer and a Les Paul GH controller, so I'm good there.

Do I bite?[/QUOTE]

Yes, as long as you play it. Its a really good deal for $70 anyone complaining is crazy.

I added UFC to my cart and claimed it but I'm afraid to check out since it is still regular price. I see others ordering it and e-mailing asking for a price adjustment. I haven't done a lightning deal before but can I let it sit in my cart and buy it later today if they make the price adjustment in checkout?

Also, if I did want to e-mail amazon to do a price correction, what is their e-mail?

So is this how it's going to be Amazon? Making us glued to our computers for these lightning deals? I hope they don't plan on just using lightning deals. Last year's sale was fine to me. Lightning deals I always seem to miss out on when I go to check out.

[quote name='ooga']When you get to the checkout screen you'll see a $29 credit applied to the order.[/QUOTE]

It's just showing the $20 MW2 credit for me...

Pretty sure the lightning deals expire after a set amount of time sitting in the cart(1hr maybe??).

From Amazon's Light Deal Info Page

Complete your order through the Shopping Cart as soon as possible after claiming the Lightning Deal. Note: Lightning Deal promotional discounts are only valid until midnight Pacific Time the day claimed and will expire. We cannot honor a Lightning Deal promotional discount after it expires or if the item sells out before you complete your order. Quantities of some items may be limited, and adding an item to your cart does not reserve that item for you.

[quote name='DK745']I added UFC to my cart and claimed it but I'm afraid to check out since it is still regular price. I see others ordering it and e-mailing asking for a price adjustment. I haven't done a lightning deal before but can I let it sit in my cart and buy it later today if they make the price adjustment in checkout?[/QUOTE]

Stupid Amazon system. Won't let me buy UFC for $25 because I have a $10 promotional code on my account and at checkout it brings the price back up to $52-$10. I removed from my cart and tried again but I can't since it says I've already claimed the deal. Logging out, clearing cache, and cookies does nothing and phone support are imbeciles.

EDIT: First representative couldn't understand it was a videogame and not an MP3 and the 2nd said he couldn't find the Black Friday video game deals I am looking at then found it and couldn't understand the problem. Argh! Guess it wasn't meant to be.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Corizzle']Has anyone actually gotten UFC to be marked down at checkout or are we all hoping that Amazon price adjusts?[/QUOTE]

i took a screen cap showing that i had claimed the deal. they better refund me the difference or i'm raising hell.

[quote name='Gotenks']So the boxing thing was UFC and not Fight Night Round 4?[/QUOTE]

It was neither, it was actually Wii sports resort...
of course it was UFC

They seriously need to just do away with the lightning deal system that's in place. Sounds like it's just failing all over the place.

[quote name='DK745']I added UFC to my cart and claimed it but I'm afraid to check out since it is still regular price. I see others ordering it and e-mailing asking for a price adjustment. I haven't done a lightning deal before but can I let it sit in my cart and buy it later today if they make the price adjustment in checkout?

Also, if I did want to e-mail amazon to do a price correction, what is their e-mail?[/QUOTE]

i just email them n they always price adjust before shipping the game out-especially right now the page is still up n there are only about %30 claimed--you can always cancel but i doubt youll have to theyre real cool about stuff like this. just write to them n let them know

To email them click on you account box-- on that page go all the way down n click on help--then on that page look at the upper right around self service around below that is the contact button.click on that n your good to go......just make sure to put in your order number on the email

[quote name='lokutus1']i took a screen cap showing that i had claimed the deal. they better refund me the difference or i'm raising hell.[/QUOTE]

I will pass on this deal. From looking at this thread it looks like a hassle. Good luck to those who took the plunge.

I was about to checkout and UFC was showing as 25 in my cart and at checkout. I had to reboot my computer quickly and when I came back to checkout, it is now showing at $51.70 despite still being listed as $25 in my cart.

[quote name='foxhunt99']Are there going to be a real black friday sale or Amazon just going to keep doing this? So far I am not very impressed.[/QUOTE]

What is wrong with the members here...

IT IS NOT BLACK FRIDAY!

ITS FREAKING MONDAY!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back