Amazon.com : Xbox 360 Premium - $329.99 + Free Shipping [DEAD at the moment]

[quote name='Zoglog']the HDMI is almost pointless. The real kicker on the new versions is the new chips and more silent DVD drives[/QUOTE]

that's exactly what I'm waiting on. My 360 died 2 days ago after 8 months of use, and I do not want to go through that with another unit. Hopefully the new HDMI version will incorporate the 65nm chips.

[quote name='frenchninja112']Ok for verification purposes 360's manufactered afer what date have the new chip and more heat sinks and less noisy drives?[/quote]

All consoles manufactured starting in July will have the 65nm chips as well as the new GPU heatsink and epoxy fix. I think most of the July manufactured consoles will have the BenQ drives which are the best.

Just a heads up to anyone in Mass. This weekend is a tax-free holiday approved by the state, so you could go to your local B&M, verify the HDMI, and get it tax free. Still $350 instead of $330, but not bad.

[quote name='djSyndrome']Only if your television supports it, which many do not.[/quote]

From what I understand there is plenty of bandwidth for 1080p over component, but 1080p over analog never really caught on with manufacturers.

I'm saving my money for the Halo Xbox 360 console. If I remember correctly, it will have HDMI out, but comes with 20 GB HDD.

[quote name='aeporter427']Just a heads up to anyone in Mass. This weekend is a tax-free holiday approved by the state, so you could go to your local B&M, verify the HDMI, and get it tax free. Still $350 instead of $330, but not bad.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I've been thinking about that. I wish this tax-free weekend was coming a month or two from now when the Falcons should be out pretty much everywhere, but it can't hurt to go take a look at a few places this weekend. If I can't confirm that it's a new and improved model, I'll just go back to waiting.

As tempting as this Amazon deal is, I figure since I've waited this long, it would be kind of crazy to buy one of the last crappy 3RR models just as the more reliable ones are getting ready to roll out.

[quote name='doc005']All consoles manufactured starting in July will have the 65nm chips as well as the new GPU heatsink and epoxy fix. I think most of the July manufactured consoles will have the BenQ drives which are the best.[/quote]

Has anyone cracked open a new HDMI system to find out if this is indeed true?

[quote name='racerman8']I'm saving my money for the Halo Xbox 360 console. If I remember correctly, it will have HDMI out, but comes with 20 GB HDD.[/quote]

That's what these are too, just without the Halo paint and $50 price hike.

Hmm.

Let's say you order from here, but you get one with a Manufacturing date of somewhere like in June '06.

Are you screwed and have to take it? Or could you actually like send it back to Amazon? And would there be a warranty on this? Or if it dies soon, I have no choice but to ship it back to MS?

Because the price is tempting but really it's tough to bite on a 360 when my last one crashed 3 weeks ago. The Elite looks slick (extra heat sink, 120 GB) but I HATE the black for some reason.

Davey must be hard up on money, posting these links on the front page to expensive items over the last few days. I love coming to CAG to look for deals, then promptly open up a new tab and then buy the item on my own, so nobody receives any commission. Actually if Wombat received commission, I'd click the link, since he's so pathetic, I'd like to help him out. But helping Dave? No thanks! Dave should set up a separate link so people can choose whether Dave or Wombat receives commission.

[quote name='lspear76']Davey must be hard up on money, posting these links on the front page to expensive items over the last few days. I love coming to CAG to look for deals, then promptly open up a new tab and then buy the item on my own, so nobody receives any commission. Actually if Wombat received commission, I'd click the link, since he's so pathetic, I'd like to help him out. But helping Dave? No thanks! Dave should set up a separate link so people can choose whether Dave or Wombat receives commission.[/QUOTE]

Uh oh....Cheapy, it sounds like that guy you tripped in the lunch room in 5th grade is back for revenge.

[quote name='lspear76']Davey must be hard up on money, posting these links on the front page to expensive items over the last few days. I love coming to CAG to look for deals, then promptly open up a new tab and then buy the item on my own, so nobody receives any commission. Actually if Wombat received commission, I'd click the link, since he's so pathetic, I'd like to help him out. But helping Dave? No thanks! Dave should set up a separate link so people can choose whether Dave or Wombat receives commission.[/quote]It looks like someone left the troll pen unlocked this evening.

This is soooo tempting!!!
but nO! I shall not do it!
I've heard to many horror stories of those RED RINGS OF DEATH!!!

I love how a majority of the images for the 360 in the "customer images" section on Amazon are of the Red Ring Of Death. xD

Anyone still interested it looks like when you click on the 360 it shows $349.99 again but from J and R. But when you look at more buying choices its shows it for $329.99 but it will not ship till the 18th.

The New Premiums do not include the new Falcon chipset they include the Zephyr Elite mother boards.
http://www.joystiq.com/2007/08/10/spot-the-hdmi-enabled-xbox-360-premium-at-retail/

The packaging has more details, however, on what exactly is inside the case. A label clearly refers to the model as "Zephyr" – the codename for the Elite motherboard. It would appear that the purported 65nm "Falcon" motherboard has yet to make it into stores so, for know, HDMI and an improved heatsink is all you're getting
hdmi-xbox-xephyr.jpg

It totally sucks have been waiting 4 months now to buy an new Xbox 360 and the new chipset is soo close the wait gets worse.

Also they are producing 45Nm chipsets for the new consoles that will be released in 2008 so propbably means more price drops etc.

[quote name='embraceuk1']It totally sucks have been waiting 4 months now to buy an new Xbox 360 and the new chipset is soo close the wait gets worse.

Also they are producing 45Nm chipsets for the new consoles that will be released in 2008 so propbably means more price drops etc.[/quote] LoL.. Dont wait too long... I just went ahead and bought it since 50 is a huge drop

bread's done
Back