"Amazon Mom" - 3 months of Amazon Prime free for Caregivers

ShockandAww

CAGiversary!
Feedback
110 (100%)
Go here to get started.

and here for the details/FAQ

If you're a caregiver of a child you can get 3 months of Prime for free. This will not stack on top of an existing Prime account, but it will give you the choice to switch to this offer instead and you'll receive a prorated refund on your existing prime account if you choose to switch to this.

Also "for each $25 you spend within a single order in the Baby store, we’ll grant you an additional month of Amazon Prime shipping benefits. You can earn up to one year from the date you joined Amazon Mom."

Your 3 months of Prime will not auto renew so you don't have to worry about being charged at any time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Excellent, thanks OP. Should be easy to extend the Prime membership to a year with all the diapers we go through in our house.

[quote name='Squarehard']Students get a full year free and caregivers only get 3 months? Poor caregivers :*([/QUOTE]

When is the free Prime for childless college graduates who buy a lot of video games? Come on Amazon! :D

[quote name='Fernando Rocker']First time I got Prime...

It feels great... it feels like if you are from the Elite or something.[/QUOTE]
Welcome to Prime, let me teach you the secret handshake!

[quote name='bvharris']When is the free Prime for childless college graduates who buy a lot of video games? Come on Amazon! :D[/QUOTE]

I'm sure they will never run that promo. They would have "Amazon Hobos" before then for people who are unemployed and the application form you have to fill out you have to state your income. And the amount of free months you get is the amount of unemployment you are currently receiving.

Yes...excellent...:bouncy:

Worked for me. I hope I actually get the refund though. Otherwise I just cheated myself out of 4 days of prime...

Edit: Already got the email saying I should be getting a refund of $19.75. Nice. Thanks OP.

Awesome, I'm employed as a childcare provider in two different jobs and babysit regularly so I feel eligible enough to take advantage of this deal. This will be my first trial of Prime. Looking forward to it! Thank you, OP.

I hope those who abuse this have something bad happen to them.

Also for those asking for free Prime for those who "need" it, nobody NEEDS prime shipping and frankly you probably don't NEED half of what you buy on Amazon. Perspective, son.

For those of you who actually are mothers/fathers/caregivers for infants or children, the other big bonus (as mentioned in the OP) is that you can get an extra month of prime added (up to one year) for every order where you spend $25 or more from the Amazon baby store.

Signed up for this. Was pretty painless since I had already signed up for the subscribe and save diapers a week ago to save 30%. 228 diapers for $29 compared to 92 for $20 that the local stores want. Pretty sweet.

Now, for something that people here actually care about - I shall reduce my 99 cent release day deliveries on games to free if my prime info ever updates. Still showing that I am not signed up for prime, even though I received the e-mail letting me know that it was fixed.

Got my daddy account hooked up. Have been buying Seventh Gen diapers for my little boy on Amazon, great delivery & the costs is insane compared to crappy store diapers.

I say witin a year amazon will give prime away to everyone who spends XXXX per month...

spend xxx per month and get prime free (or at a discount) Like how best buy does the silver thing and gives free shipping

Uhh...is there anyway for Amazon to verify this?

LOL this has to be one of the best WTF offers from Amazon.

If anyone working at Amazon cares, I am now officially the mother of a cat (I even entered my cat's name and birthday as a "child"). Bring on the free 2 day shipping for squeaky toys, stuffed mice, and video games.

[quote name='Spacepest']Uhh...is there anyway for Amazon to verify this?

LOL this has to be one of the best WTF offers from Amazon.

If anyone working at Amazon cares, I am now officially the mother of a cat (I even entered my cat's name and birthday as a "child"). Bring on the free 2 day shipping for squeaky toys, stuffed mice, and video games.[/QUOTE]

your cat plays video games?

Thanks, I ordered something today and my shipping changed to prime shipping. I am happy to get the games for my son with free shipping.

[quote name='$hady']I had a Prime trial that expired just after black friday last year. Just signed up and it worked flawlessly.

THANKS for posting! Finally a Amazon Prime promo I qualified for. Will really be helpful this black friday. :D

I feel your pain, I pay sales tax on Amazon as well. I'd buy everything from them if no tax were involved.[/QUOTE]
My Prime expired at the same time and I didn't get into this at all.

Prime just processed for me. It didn't work before, but I just got an email and now I have prime. Thanks!
Email:
"Hello,

When you registered for the Amazon Mom program, your Amazon Prime shipping benefit may not have been fully processed. We have addressed this issue, and your account should now be updated to reflect the three months of free Amazon Prime shipping benefits you receive as a part of your Amazon Mom membership. If you switched from a paid Amazon Prime subscription when you signed up for Amazon Mom, we have issued to your account a prorated refund for the remaining months of your subscription. You will receive a separate cancellation e-mail indicating your refund amount."

[quote name='skateraXVIII']What if I take care of mentally handicapped people (that's my job... I'm not even kidding around)[/QUOTE]

From the FAQ:

Are dads, grandmas, and other caretakers eligible?

• Yes. Despite the name, Amazon Mom is open to anyone who is responsible for caring for a baby or young child--“Amazon Primary Caretaker” just didn’t have the same ring to it. Kidding aside, we chose this name because we noticed moms in social communities (like our Amazon discussion boards) looking to connect and share information about products and problems with other moms. We wanted a name that would let these groups know that this program was created with their unique needs in mind. That said, we do not want to alienate dads or other caretakers, and we openly welcome anyone who has a young child and wants deals on diapers, fast shipping, and tailored offers that help them get through the newborn to toddler years unscathed.

What is the maximum age of my child for me to be eligible?

• Amazon Mom is open to anyone. If your kids are older than toddlers, you can still join the program; you just may not enjoy some of the benefits that are targeted at younger children.

So, yeah, it doesn't specifically mention that, but they seem to be pretty loose with the restrictions - and of course they have no way of enforcing them like they potentially do with the student program. But at the very least, they definitely say they allow "caregivers" of older children - so I'd say go for it even if you have non-toddler kids or, in your case, if any of those mentally handicapped people you take care of are kids...

hate to ask the question again but i can not find the auto renew statement,where is it located at in the details/faqs page?

Give prime to the poor more often. It would be funny to see amazon deliver 50 cent packages to some homeless person. The homeless needs things to! :)

[quote name='FNL 4EVA']Give prime to the poor more often. It would be funny to see amazon deliver 50 cent packages to some homeless person. The homeless needs things to! :)[/QUOTE]

there was a 1 cent book in last deals around 4pm est :)

Even though the title irked me, I still switched my existing Prime account over to an "Amazon Mom" one because, as it turns out, I have three kids six and under that I take care of, so it actually works to my benefit. Ordered a giant box of diapers marked at $38 for $25 shipped with the discount, which gives me another month on top of the three, and I'll have to do it often enough that it works for me. Then, take off the $26.66 refund on my existing Prime, and I now have a free box of 186 diapers.

As for people "exploiting" this, if people buy enough from the target categories (and considering that some of those targets are toys and video games, I'm sure people will do that), I don't know if Amazon really cares. If they can't order enough from those categories, their Prime will expire in three months and that will be the end of it until they do purchase something and give themselves a month of Prime as a "reward."

[quote name='shrike4242']If you're not a child's caregiver and you use to get free Prime, shame on you.[/QUOTE]

Man. I pay for my sisters cell phone bill and I buy the little brat food often. I'm definitely a care giver

[quote name='Salmonday']Ordered a giant box of diapers marked at $38 for $25 shipped with the discount, which gives me another month on top of the three, and I'll have to do it often enough that it works for me. Then, take off the $26.66 refund on my existing Prime, and I now have a free box of 186 diapers.
[/QUOTE]

How does that work? As I read it, you only get the discount if you "subscribe" to the diapers - ie, set up some regularly scheduled delivery. My wife doesn't want to do that but I would like to get one box at least. I guess I could always cancel the "subscription" later...

And yes, I know this is not video game related, but since purchasing said box will give me another month of Prime, which will carry me through Christmas during which I will probably buy some video games, it is sort of on topic ;).

It worked instantly for me. I lower my Black Ops preorder $1 by upgrading the RDD to free instead of 99 cents. I kind of wish that RDD was still $4 or whatever it was so I can feel like I got an awesome deal :p

[quote name='io']How does that work? As I read it, you only get the discount if you "subscribe" to the diapers - ie, set up some regularly scheduled delivery. My wife doesn't want to do that but I would like to get one box at least. I guess I could always cancel the "subscription" later...

And yes, I know this is not video game related, but since purchasing said box will give me another month of Prime, which will carry me through Christmas during which I will probably buy some video games, it is sort of on topic ;).[/QUOTE]

I got the discount by subscribing to the box that I wanted to buy, which gave me the 30% discount. I set it up for a shipment for every two months, but you can cancel immediately after the first shipment is sent because you changed your mind, your baby grew, or you just wanted to exploit the coupon.

This is a really great deal for those who qualify :) I already have Prime, but as a dad it's nice to find deals that cater to parents and families (like the deals at Target or Babies R Us when you sign up for their registries, etc.). Every little bit helps :)

Thanks for the heads up, OP!

[quote name='Salmonday']I got the discount by subscribing to the box that I wanted to buy, which gave me the 30% discount. I set it up for a shipment for every two months, but you can cancel immediately after the first shipment is sent because you changed your mind, your baby grew, or you just wanted to exploit the coupon.[/QUOTE]

Damn, that was easy. I just did the same. It took what was a $36.99 box at a place like Target down to $22. Problem is, that isn't enough to get the free month of Prime, unless they count the pre-discount price...

bread's done
Back