Amazon PCDD $15 Walking Dead, $10 TERA ($15 CE) + BOGO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

NOTE: Preorder information is now in the second post of this thread.

War of the Roses - 10% off + free upgrade to House of York edition.

Deal of the week 9/16-9/22:

The Walking Dead (PC/MAC): $14.99 - Steam
Tera Standard Edition: $9.99 + $9.99 credit for another copy to give to a friend
Tera Collector's Edition: $14.99 + $14.99 credit for another copy to give to a friend

Please check out our newly launched Free-to-Play store when you get a moment!

I wanted to let you all know about some exciting new selection we just launched supported by a new technology.

As of today, Amazon.com will be offering Free to Play and MMO games that you can purchase virtual goods, currencies, and subscriptions for on Amazon.com. These purchases will be delivered directly into your game account. We're calling this new service Game Connect.

Amazon has teamed up with our launch partners to bring Amazon customers exclusive content and bonus offers for the opening of the Free to Play store. Here is some of the cool stuff you'll get just for linking your Amazon account with a game account:

Super MNC: Customers who link their Amazon account with a Super MNC account will receive an exclusive Team Spirit Assault Rifle. This weapon for the Assault Pro has a unique, team colored, metal barrel shroud and is only available through Amazon.

Stronghold Kingdoms: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Stronghold Kingdoms account will receive a starter pack valued at $10. This pack includes: 10 packs of strategy cards (50 cards), 100 card points, and a 7 day premium token (7 days of Premium).

Shin Megami Tensei: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Shin Megami Tensei account will receive a free Incense of Training. By making a purchase of 3,500 Crowns, customers will also receive a voucher (Candle), which is exchangeable for a Heart Candle Necklace. Customers who reach level 20 during the 12 week launch period, they will receive another voucher (Depository Rental Ticket).

Rise of Immortals: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Rise of Immortals account will receive a free character bundle. This exclusive bundle includes Karapyss and his alternate character skins Scarab and Pirate.

BattleSpace: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a BattleSpace account will receive 100 honor medals. By making a purchase of 3,500 Crowns, customers will also receive Commander Alya. Customers who reach level 10 before October 6th, will receive an additional 100 honor medals and ship parts set (α x20, β x4, γ x2).

Iron Grip: Marauders: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Iron Grip: Marauders account will be given a booster pack containing 5000 Gold, 2000 iron, repair truck level 2, ambulance level 2, and a tri-scout Level 1.

Allods: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Allods account will receive an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This pack includes: 4x Token of the Explorer that can be brought to the Goblin Banker in your faction's capital in exchange for an increase in the size of the customer’s bag or bank deposit box, a Medium Bag of Crystal Chips that, combined with Gold Dust in-game, allow customers to combine/upgrade runes that increase damage/healing, and an Enchanted Saddle that summons a Rank 1 horse mount.

Pirate Galaxy: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Pirate Galaxy account will receive a Rapid Tank Starter Ship and 1,500 Energy to fuel the best items available.

Fiesta: Customers who purchase SparkCash to use in Fiesta will receive a 30-day swift and mighty Dark Pegasus Mount.

8BitMMO: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an 8BitMMO account will receive three, exclusive, brand-new hats. These hats are a Cowboy Hat, a Blue Baseball Cap, and a Duck. Link your account and start your 8 bit adventure today.

Aika: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Aika account will receive an exclusive starter package valued at $15. This pack includes a Mount and Mount Saddle. Use the mount to travel far distances in half the time and resist environmental damages. Use the Mount Saddle to lower the requirement to ride other mounts.

Knights of the Sky: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Knights of the Sky account will receive a free Happy Hour, which increases the likelihood of recruiting better Heroes. Purchase 3,500 Crowns or more through Amazon and receive a free Labor Decree, which increases Construction queues from 3 to 5, or purchase 35,000 crowns or more and receive an exclusive free Hero (valid on first purchase only). Reach level 20 before October 6th, and receive 6 items that increase resource gain by 25%. Start playing today.

Rappelz: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Rappelz. account will get an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This pack includes a Stamina Saver that stops stamina from decreasing for 1 hour, an Animal Cracker used to earn 50% more EXP for 1 hour, a Pet Resurrection Spell book that resurrects pets instantly after a fall in battle, a Feather of Summon which instantly summons a friend to aide in battle, and a Hidden Village Pass that gives 7 days of access to the exclusive Hidden Village.

Luvinia: Customers who make any purchase of SparkCash to use in Luvinia will receive a 30-day Flying Griffin Mount.

Flyff: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Flyff account will receive an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This package contains a Magic Broom that allows customers to start flying immediately, bypassing the level 20 requirement, an S Protect Gift Box which will allow customers to upgrade an item to create stronger stats right from the start, a random Gift Box that contains something special, a Police Outfit, and a Kitty Pet to help collect loot.

Steel Legions: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a NEW Steel Legions account will receive one of three different, fully equipped premium tanks.

Pandora Saga: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Pandora Saga account will receive a Beginner Gear set. Customers who purchase 3,500 Crowns or more through Amazon will receive Recipe: Wing Shield Vol. 1 (first time purchasers only). Customers who reach Level 20 before October 6th will receive a horse mount.

And that's just the free stuff you get with linking.

We're also carrying the games below and offering Amazon exclusive in-game packs for each game which provide a higher value than normal virtual good purchases.

World of Tanks: Customers can purchase three different Amazon-exclusive World of Tanks packs: Starter Pack, Advanced Pack, and Expert Pack.

Runescape: Customers who purchase a 90 or 180 day membership package for Runescape will receive an exclusive Golden Katana.

War Inc. Battle Zone: Customers are able to purchase three different War Inc. Battle Zone Amazon exclusive packs: the Merc Pack, Heroic Pack, and Kill Em All Pack

Pre-Order Borderlands 2 from us for 10% off and help me get a tattoo! Yes it activates on Steam!

I am a huge Borderlands 2 fan and I want this to be our best selling pre-order ever. So I've drawn a line in the sand. If, from now until launch, we take 40,000 more preorders than where we were on 7/2/2012 I will get a Borderlands tattoo on my back.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's a tip, if you see "EA" on a game's box art then it doesn't activate in steam.

while on the subject, Tony, is there a chance of a Mass Effect pack anytime soon?

[quote name='Yenos']I assume the burning bundle does not activate on steam?[/QUOTE]
Right.

EA games DO NOT activate up on Steam.
Never have - probably never will, either.

If you want a EA game on Steam, you'd have to buy it directly through Steam...if Steam actually has that EA game.
Valve and EA ain't the best of friends, you know...

Though, some EA games that are bought via Steam can be activated on EA Origin.
I have successfully activated Steam keys of DAO Ultimate and Burnout: Paradise right up onto Origin.

@ Tony

When will we able to add more than one digital copy to our shopping cart ? Please urge Amazon to solve this problem . Thank you .

[quote name='ne_zavarj']@ Tony

When will we able to add more than one digital copy to our shopping cart ? Please urge Amazon to solve this problem . Thank you .[/QUOTE]

Besides reselling codes why would you even need that feature? You can download to any computer you have and if DRM gets in the way of that you are offered a new code.

Gifting is nice.

But I'll give Amazon ample credit for even allowing multiple key purchases. GMG and Impulse both limit you to one purchase of a key so if something is a great deal you need to decide if it means more to you to own it or to gift it 'cause you ain't doing both.

Looking at my sales totals, I spent considerably more at Amazon than Steam this time around. And much of what I spent at Steam was DLC for core games I bought from Amazon (SR3 & Civ V)

[quote name='hhhdx4']Besides reselling codes why would you even need that feature? You can download to any computer you have and if DRM gets in the way of that you are offered a new code.[/QUOTE]For example :

I'd like to purchase all Nancy Drew games .

Bundle of Nancys
Nancy Drew: Trail of the Twister
Nancy Drew: The Phantom of Venice
Nancy Drew: Warnings at Waverly Academy
Nancy Drew: Ransom Of The Seven Ships
Nancy Drew: The Haunting of Castle Malloy
Nancy Drew: Alibi in Ashes
Nancy Drew: Tomb of the Lost Queen
Nancy Drew: Secrets Can Kill REMASTERED
Nancy Drew: Shadow at the Water's Edge
Nancy Drew: The Captive Curse
Nancy Drew Dossier: Resorting to Danger
Nancy Drew Dossier: Lights, Camera, Curses!

I have to use the shopping cart and my CC 13 times .

You can buy as many copies of a game as you want, but you can only do them one transaction at a time. I bought 2 copies of the paradox bundles and the square-enix bundles and gifted away the steam keys.

Tony, any chance of allowing gifting within the Amazon system? ie I pay for it, but the game would show up in another Amazon user's account? or gift it to myself in order to give to an Amazon user at a later date?

[quote name='ne_zavarj']For example :

Bundle of Nancys

I have to use the shopping cart and my CC 13 times .[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's definitely annoying when they have their MP3 sales or a ton of albums drop on one day.

[quote name='travathian']You can buy as many copies of a game as you want, but you can only do them one transaction at a time. I bought 2 copies of the paradox bundles and the square-enix bundles and gifted away the steam keys.

Tony, any chance of allowing gifting within the Amazon system? ie I pay for it, but the game would show up in another Amazon user's account? or gift it to myself in order to give to an Amazon user at a later date?[/QUOTE]

Even an email system would be nice, just an email to the recipient and they can log in or create an account to claim their gift.

Also, giveaway has 1.5 hours left and still plenty of keys left. If any are leftover (very likely) I'll get it relisted.

[quote name='ne_zavarj']For example :

Bundle of Nancys

I have to use the shopping cart and my CC 13 times .[/QUOTE]

That's a fair point, I didn't understand why the poster wanted multiple copies of the SAME game. Gifting is a valid excuse but one could gift the exact amount in an Amazon gift card with a link without much trouble.

[quote name='hhhdx4']Gifting is a valid excuse but one could gift the exact amount in an Amazon gift card with a link without much trouble.[/QUOTE]
Well, sometimes it's nice to be able to just give the gift.

Also the keys are useful for Steamgifting if that's your racket.

[quote name='Syntax Error']Well, sometimes it's nice to be able to just give the gift.

Also the keys are useful for Steamgifting if that's your racket.[/QUOTE]

Especially if the game/collection is on sale for a limited time, and that person won't be able to redeem their card and buy it for themselves. Or, you know, you just don't want to be a lamer and give gift cards, and instead want to give something with some thought and sincerity behind it.

I think I'll bite on the pint-sized pack near the end date, so I can get rid of some of my steam backlog. I've been wanting to play Warlock, and it would be nice to have the Majesty games.

BTW, new private giveaway in my signature.

[quote name='jatan11t']I think I'll bite on the pint-sized pack near the end date, so I can get rid of some of my steam backlog. I've been wanting to play Warlock, and it would be nice to have the Majesty games.

BTW, new private giveaway in my signature.[/QUOTE]

Sol Survivor is a really fun tower defense game so anyone who is a fan of them needs to join the giveaway!

[quote name='Corpekata']Amalur is just an Origin key right, just need to pop it in?[/QUOTE]

Yeah. It's like Steam keys, you go to origin "activate a product" enter a code, KoA gets added to your account and then you can DL it. KoA requires origin so that's the only way to do it.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']For anyone who pre-orders on Amazon digital, how does it work?

Do they still have any sort of pre-order price guarantee?

Do they charge you the minute you pre-order or wait until the release date?

And if a pre-order bonus item gets added later on do you get included even if you pre-ordered prior?

Just wondering since I have the THQ 5 dollar credit now and South Park looks tempting, but won't release for about a year.[/QUOTE]

Now that the thread died down a bit I am bumping my questions here.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Now that the thread died down a bit I am bumping my questions here.[/QUOTE]

Sorry missed this (I will get to the other questions too).

For most of our pre-orders you don't put any money down. For Guild Wars 2 specifically, since we are giving you a code that will also activate your retail product, we are charging at the time you place the order, making it a pre-purchase.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Sorry missed this (I will get to the other questions too).

For most of our pre-orders you don't put any money down. For Guild Wars 2 specifically, since we are giving you a code that will also activate your retail product, we are charging at the time you place the order, making it a pre-purchase.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the quick response. Follow up question, how does the THQ $5 pre-order credit work? or did it expire already? I guess I might have missed it since I tried pre-ordering South Park and nothing shows up as far promotional credit.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Thanks for the quick response. Follow up question, how does the THQ $5 pre-order credit work? or did it expire already? I guess I might have missed it since I tried pre-ordering South Park and nothing shows up as far promotional credit.[/QUOTE]

That's weird, I just tested it and it is showing up as -$5 for me. Did you place a pre-order for one of the other 2 THQ games? You can only use the credit once but it should have been auto redeemed into your account.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']So, based on the feedback I've gotten here's what I think the best way to distribute DLC codes without asking people to hop all over the map and register on different sites, but also not limiting to just people who PM me.

We've had some crazy sales the past few months and I've seen tons of posts about what you've picked up in sales.

Name your best pickup (or set of pickups) from Amazon in 2012 and I'll shoot you a PM with the DLC code :).

This keeps everyone here on the thread, and shouldn't be a terrible burden (typing out a few words that is :) ).

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]
Saints Row:The Third Borderlands Game of the Year Edition

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']That's weird, I just tested it and it is showing up as -$5 for me. Did you place a pre-order for one of the other 2 THQ games? You can only use the credit once but it should have been auto redeemed into your account.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I thought so too. I was on the verge of ordering South Park last week but never did. And I haven't pre-ordered anything period so I will shoot an email to CS and see what happened.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Yeah, I thought so too. I was on the verge of ordering South Park last week but never did. And I haven't pre-ordered anything period so I will shoot an email to CS and see what happened.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, do me a favor and let me know what you hear back. I can't see any errors on my end but would like to know if there are.

Cheers,
Tony

I had to nab the Pint Sized Pack since I don't need some of the others in the larger pack. I can grab Crusader Kings II from Amazon sometime in the future to cash in on that DLC. Just the three games I needed in Pint Sized added up to $29 had I bought them (on sale) at Steam.

Amazing deal, Tony! Thanks!

Havent posted here in awhile, but picked up the gw2 this weekend.

Didnt really get to play the beta, but it seemed like the best deal w 5 dollar credit and all.

Tony do you know if you guys are going to be selling Dark Souls digitally?
Its highly anticipated in the PC gaming scene..... would be nice if you guys were selling it!

[quote name='gomikeoh']Havent posted here in awhile, but picked up the gw2 this weekend.

Didnt really get to play the beta, but it seemed like the best deal w 5 dollar credit and all.

Tony do you know if you guys are going to be selling Dark Souls digitally?
Its highly anticipated in the PC gaming scene..... would be nice if you guys were selling it![/QUOTE]

It's been asked by me and others. He said he's looking into it, so it's up to Namco/Bandai.

I liked GW2 beta. I just sort of wore myself out by trying to play every class. Great game though.

Also, it looks like Steam screwed up and put the complete Saints Row the 3rd Franchise pack with all the DLC plus base game at 87% off coming in at $13.29. If I didn't already have the base game I would get that, but I only need the Season Pass which is still just $5. Man, I wish they screwed up the season pass instead lol

[quote name='60fps']It's been asked by me and others. He said he's looking into it, so it's up to Namco/Bandai.

I liked GW2 beta. I just sort of wore myself out by trying to play every class. Great game though.

Also, it looks like Steam screwed up and put the complete Saints Row the 3rd Franchise pack with all the DLC plus base game at 87% off coming in at $13.29. If I didn't already have the base game I would get that, but I only need the Season Pass which is still just $5. Man, I wish they screwed up the season pass instead lol[/QUOTE]
Or let you buy the DLC for the difference of the base price and expansion pack. :wall:

Tony,

Regarding Saints Row 3, it would be nice if Amazon could price match the complete bundle for that game and/or offer a really good deal on the DLC. Even if Amazon made the complete pack $15 (currently $13.29 on Steam), they'd get my purchase immediately. For the DLC only, I would obviously be willing to pay less.

[quote name='crimsonassassin']Tony,

Regarding Saints Row 3, it would be nice if Amazon could price match the complete bundle for that game and/or offer a really good deal on the DLC. Even if Amazon made the complete pack $15 (currently $13.29 on Steam), they'd get my purchase immediately. For the DLC only, I would obviously be willing to pay less.[/QUOTE]

He's probably asleep. Even if he isn't doubt they'd price match something that has only about eight hours left. Just jump on the Steam deal while there's still time.

[quote name='Mooby']He's probably asleep. Even if he isn't doubt they'd price match something that has only about eight hours left. Just jump on the Steam deal while there's still time.[/QUOTE]

I have the base game. So getting the pack from Steam is a waste of that and the DLC alone is still too high too.

[quote name='crimsonassassin']I have the base game. So getting the pack from Steam is a waste of that and the DLC alone is still too high too.[/QUOTE]

I doubt they would match it since it's an obvious mistake. The base game is still just $12 on Steam. Somebody made a mistake and discounted the package to less than a $1 more than the base game. It wasn't that price earlier in the Summer Sale.

Steam also had Modern Warfare 3 for $15 earlier for about 10 minutes before someone fixed that and put it back to 50% off. The best part of Steam isn't the deals, it's the screw ups.

Also, why is this HAWX DLC selling so well? Are people under the impression it's the base game?

[quote name='60fps']I doubt they would match it since it's an obvious mistake. The base game is still just $12 on Steam. Somebody made a mistake and discounted the package to less than a $1 more than the base game. It wasn't that price earlier in the Summer Sale.

Steam also had Modern Warfare 3 for $15 earlier for about 10 minutes before someone fixed that and put it back to 50% off. The best part of Steam isn't the deals, it's the screw ups.[/QUOTE]

I agree that Steam's mistakes can be epic. Earlier in the sale, they had Crusader Kings 2 for over 100% off. You technically gained $4 for buying it. I am not sure that actually worked but I do remember a daily deal for Dead Island (when the game was much newer) where for 10 minutes the game + guide was $10 and the game alone was about $30-$40.

Yet most of these mistakes last 10-15 minutes. So far this mistake has lasted 2.5 hours and counting. So something tells me that this might not be an error but a change to get more units moving.

[quote name='crimsonassassin']
Yet most of these mistakes last 10-15 minutes. So far this mistake has lasted 2.5 hours and counting. So something tells me that this might not be an error but a change to get more units moving.[/QUOTE]

If it's not an error, I don't think it was a smart move for them, they're going to cause a lot of their customers who bought it earlier in the sale to feel ripped off and angry.

[quote name='Jon7']If it's not an error, I don't think it was a smart move for them, they're going to cause a lot of their customers who bought it earlier in the sale to feel ripped off and angry.[/QUOTE]

Oh...it has already caused that. The Steam boards have several topics about angry customers. A rumor is going around that THQ approved the lower price to sell more copies (which is clearly working). Though I am not sure how that could be confirmed, it seems plausible since it is now a 3 hour error...something that is rare for Steam as they usually fix those things fast and only a few lucky people get the chance for the deal.

Are there any Warband keys left? It's my brother's birthday in a couple weeks, and I'd like him to have a copy (possibly so we can play MP together).

[quote name='KoldPT']Are there any Warband keys left? It's my brother's birthday in a couple weeks, and I'd like him to have a copy (possibly so we can play MP together).[/QUOTE]

I checked and the Warband keys appear to be gone.

[quote name='crimsonassassin']I checked and the Warband keys appear to be gone.[/QUOTE]

Just my luck... Thanks anyway :p

[quote name='crimsonassassin']I agree that Steam's mistakes can be epic. Earlier in the sale, they had Crusader Kings 2 for over 100% off. You technically gained $4 for buying it. I am not sure that actually worked but I do remember a daily deal for Dead Island (when the game was much newer) where for 10 minutes the game + guide was $10 and the game alone was about $30-$40.

Yet most of these mistakes last 10-15 minutes. So far this mistake has lasted 2.5 hours and counting. So something tells me that this might not be an error but a change to get more units moving.[/QUOTE]

Ye these steam errors seem to be happening too often now, I have managed to pick up a few bargains!

Hey guys,

I'll work on a DLC deal for SRTT but there is 0 chance I will get it approved and implemented in the next 2 hours. If that deal looks slick to you, grab it.

As for an Amazon DLC deal, stay tuned.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Spyder187']It was a CAG member that dropped the links to the list on Steamgifts.com Tony. That is where the trouble began.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Hop25']What about the leak to Steamgifts.com? Seems more likely some child on that circlejerk of a forum to do something so immature..

Could someone PM me the new link?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='realwords']That would be me.

There's no conclusive proof that a CAGer didn't hoard the entire thing and just put Reddit's name on it for S&Gs. I don't mean to sound like a biased Redditor, but it still isn't fair to preclude Reddit because of past experiences. I've seen worse on these forums than I have there.... and many others will agree.[/QUOTE]

I don't usually bring up posts from even more than 24 hours back but I feel this merits it.

I wanted to conclusively put this discussion to bed:

I woke up this morning and one of my friends sent me an email with this link and a frowny face:

http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/x0a6b/after_passing_out_1000s_of_steam_keys_on_rgaming/

Just do a CTRL+F for "google" you'll get a link to a google doc that looks remarkably similar to the one that was ruined.

I copy and pasted all of the codes in that one to compare...they are all from the original document that was wiped.

Case closed, but I'm still sad. Very sad.

Note: My purpose in posting this was to clear up any confusion as to whether or not I was "jumping to conclusions" regarding the source of the issue with the original giveaway document.

Cheers,
Tony

Not only do they have the nerve to steal all the codes and try to take credit for it themselves - they then post whining like babies because they weren't praised and loved for giving out the keys.

That is why we can't have nice things...

But smashing job on these sales these past couple days Tony, we all appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back