Amazon PCDD $15 Walking Dead, $10 TERA ($15 CE) + BOGO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

NOTE: Preorder information is now in the second post of this thread.

War of the Roses - 10% off + free upgrade to House of York edition.

Deal of the week 9/16-9/22:

The Walking Dead (PC/MAC): $14.99 - Steam
Tera Standard Edition: $9.99 + $9.99 credit for another copy to give to a friend
Tera Collector's Edition: $14.99 + $14.99 credit for another copy to give to a friend

Please check out our newly launched Free-to-Play store when you get a moment!

I wanted to let you all know about some exciting new selection we just launched supported by a new technology.

As of today, Amazon.com will be offering Free to Play and MMO games that you can purchase virtual goods, currencies, and subscriptions for on Amazon.com. These purchases will be delivered directly into your game account. We're calling this new service Game Connect.

Amazon has teamed up with our launch partners to bring Amazon customers exclusive content and bonus offers for the opening of the Free to Play store. Here is some of the cool stuff you'll get just for linking your Amazon account with a game account:

Super MNC: Customers who link their Amazon account with a Super MNC account will receive an exclusive Team Spirit Assault Rifle. This weapon for the Assault Pro has a unique, team colored, metal barrel shroud and is only available through Amazon.

Stronghold Kingdoms: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Stronghold Kingdoms account will receive a starter pack valued at $10. This pack includes: 10 packs of strategy cards (50 cards), 100 card points, and a 7 day premium token (7 days of Premium).

Shin Megami Tensei: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Shin Megami Tensei account will receive a free Incense of Training. By making a purchase of 3,500 Crowns, customers will also receive a voucher (Candle), which is exchangeable for a Heart Candle Necklace. Customers who reach level 20 during the 12 week launch period, they will receive another voucher (Depository Rental Ticket).

Rise of Immortals: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Rise of Immortals account will receive a free character bundle. This exclusive bundle includes Karapyss and his alternate character skins Scarab and Pirate.

BattleSpace: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a BattleSpace account will receive 100 honor medals. By making a purchase of 3,500 Crowns, customers will also receive Commander Alya. Customers who reach level 10 before October 6th, will receive an additional 100 honor medals and ship parts set (α x20, β x4, γ x2).

Iron Grip: Marauders: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Iron Grip: Marauders account will be given a booster pack containing 5000 Gold, 2000 iron, repair truck level 2, ambulance level 2, and a tri-scout Level 1.

Allods: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Allods account will receive an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This pack includes: 4x Token of the Explorer that can be brought to the Goblin Banker in your faction's capital in exchange for an increase in the size of the customer’s bag or bank deposit box, a Medium Bag of Crystal Chips that, combined with Gold Dust in-game, allow customers to combine/upgrade runes that increase damage/healing, and an Enchanted Saddle that summons a Rank 1 horse mount.

Pirate Galaxy: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Pirate Galaxy account will receive a Rapid Tank Starter Ship and 1,500 Energy to fuel the best items available.

Fiesta: Customers who purchase SparkCash to use in Fiesta will receive a 30-day swift and mighty Dark Pegasus Mount.

8BitMMO: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an 8BitMMO account will receive three, exclusive, brand-new hats. These hats are a Cowboy Hat, a Blue Baseball Cap, and a Duck. Link your account and start your 8 bit adventure today.

Aika: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Aika account will receive an exclusive starter package valued at $15. This pack includes a Mount and Mount Saddle. Use the mount to travel far distances in half the time and resist environmental damages. Use the Mount Saddle to lower the requirement to ride other mounts.

Knights of the Sky: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Knights of the Sky account will receive a free Happy Hour, which increases the likelihood of recruiting better Heroes. Purchase 3,500 Crowns or more through Amazon and receive a free Labor Decree, which increases Construction queues from 3 to 5, or purchase 35,000 crowns or more and receive an exclusive free Hero (valid on first purchase only). Reach level 20 before October 6th, and receive 6 items that increase resource gain by 25%. Start playing today.

Rappelz: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Rappelz. account will get an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This pack includes a Stamina Saver that stops stamina from decreasing for 1 hour, an Animal Cracker used to earn 50% more EXP for 1 hour, a Pet Resurrection Spell book that resurrects pets instantly after a fall in battle, a Feather of Summon which instantly summons a friend to aide in battle, and a Hidden Village Pass that gives 7 days of access to the exclusive Hidden Village.

Luvinia: Customers who make any purchase of SparkCash to use in Luvinia will receive a 30-day Flying Griffin Mount.

Flyff: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Flyff account will receive an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This package contains a Magic Broom that allows customers to start flying immediately, bypassing the level 20 requirement, an S Protect Gift Box which will allow customers to upgrade an item to create stronger stats right from the start, a random Gift Box that contains something special, a Police Outfit, and a Kitty Pet to help collect loot.

Steel Legions: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a NEW Steel Legions account will receive one of three different, fully equipped premium tanks.

Pandora Saga: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Pandora Saga account will receive a Beginner Gear set. Customers who purchase 3,500 Crowns or more through Amazon will receive Recipe: Wing Shield Vol. 1 (first time purchasers only). Customers who reach Level 20 before October 6th will receive a horse mount.

And that's just the free stuff you get with linking.

We're also carrying the games below and offering Amazon exclusive in-game packs for each game which provide a higher value than normal virtual good purchases.

World of Tanks: Customers can purchase three different Amazon-exclusive World of Tanks packs: Starter Pack, Advanced Pack, and Expert Pack.

Runescape: Customers who purchase a 90 or 180 day membership package for Runescape will receive an exclusive Golden Katana.

War Inc. Battle Zone: Customers are able to purchase three different War Inc. Battle Zone Amazon exclusive packs: the Merc Pack, Heroic Pack, and Kill Em All Pack

Pre-Order Borderlands 2 from us for 10% off and help me get a tattoo! Yes it activates on Steam!

I am a huge Borderlands 2 fan and I want this to be our best selling pre-order ever. So I've drawn a line in the sand. If, from now until launch, we take 40,000 more preorders than where we were on 7/2/2012 I will get a Borderlands tattoo on my back.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Frithsblessing']Tony,

Any chance you price match getgamesgo.com price on Civ III and Civ IV complete?[/QUOTE]
Amazon doesn't match GetGamesGo. :cry:

(They're not based in the US.)

EDIT: Ninja'd.

[quote name='Frithsblessing']My bad- I apologize for not reading the first post.[/QUOTE]

Don't worry about it!
It's all good!

Game on!

[quote name='Frithsblessing']My bad- I apologize for not reading the first post.[/QUOTE]

Now you owe a blood sacrifice for your transgressions. Tony prefers hamster blood.

;)

I just read that Amazon is made their own social game. I'm wondering why Tony never promoted it, or maybe I missed it when he did. Any future games from Amazon?

[quote name='Splines']That's ok - was it Seafair? It was hotter than ever this weekend, I don't blame you if you took the time to get some sun :)[/QUOTE]

I wish, my weekend/early week has been brutal lol :(.

[quote name='MysterD']Any idea if AC: Revelations and Driver: San Francisco are on the list...?[/QUOTE]

Still working on those two.

[quote name='60fps']I just read that Amazon is made their own social game. I'm wondering why Tony never promoted it, or maybe I missed it when he did. Any future games from Amazon?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Larce80']never heard of an amazon game[/QUOTE]

[quote name='atreyuevr']I guess he's talking about this. Just Googled it, never heard of it.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='60fps']I saw the article on Game Informer, but it's been removed. I guess it was premature, but there was the trailer for it.

It's called Living Classics.[/QUOTE]

Good question :). I didn't promote it because all that stuff is SUPER hush hush.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='dacool561']War of the Roses beta keys are finally up at http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/codes.php?codeid=4

Grab one while they are hot! Looks like a 1 year member restriction for at least 2 days before it opens to everyone[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up, I grabbed a beta code from the CAG giveaway page and redeem it at the WoTR web page, they sent me a Steam key immediately. I'm downloading it right now, can't wait to try it out

EDIT: just read this and according to Tony the beta doesn't start until 8/15

Thanks for the heads up. Activated my key too, but as LazyTriangle pointed out, the beta isn't supposed to start until the 15th so maybe this just locks our access in?

Tony,

Respectfully, Amazon customers who didn´t join CAG a year or more ago should not be penalized by being ineligible for an Amazon sponsored giveaway. This is worse than when Origin failed to give me a code because I didn´t sign up for a newsletter.

Please look into this.

You're not ineligible. You just have to wait the two days until it's open to everyone. The flipside of this is that leechers suddenly spam new accounts to wipe out keys for everyone.

[quote name='nategator']Tony,

Respectfully, Amazon customers who didn´t join CAG a year or more ago should not be penalized by being ineligible for an Amazon sponsored giveaway.

[/QUOTE]

I'm a newbie CAGger and I think this is a reasonable policy. Don't think of it as being penalized, think of it as a reward for the longer timers. Better a restricted giveaway than none at all or one quickly spoiled by people keygrabbing.

You have a point that perhaps another mechanism would be better than seniority (e.g. number of posts, some sort of reputation), but I think seniority is less easy to 'game'

And, nategator, I'm not trying to disrespect your very politely-stated dissent. I'm just putting another data point out there.

[quote name='hal']You're not ineligible. You just have to wait the two days until it's open to everyone. The flipside of this is that leechers suddenly spam new accounts to wipe out keys for everyone.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, this leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I´m sure I am not the only one, but whatever. Not the end of the world, just a little goodwill lost when making future purchasing decisions, unfortunately.

[quote name='nategator']Tony,

Respectfully, Amazon customers who didn´t join CAG a year or more ago should not be penalized by being ineligible for an Amazon sponsored giveaway. This is worse than when Origin failed to give me a code because I didn´t sign up for a newsletter.

Please look into this.[/QUOTE]

Maybe propose alternate ideas?

[quote name='Curious']I'm a newbie CAGger and I think this is a reasonable policy. Don't think of it as being penalized, think of it as a reward for the longer timers. Better a restricted giveaway than none at all or one quickly spoiled by people keygrabbing.

You have a point that perhaps another mechanism would be better than seniority (e.g. number of posts, some sort of reputation), but I think seniority is less easy to 'game'

And, nategator, I'm not trying to disrespect your very politely-stated dissent. I'm just putting another data point out there.[/QUOTE]

I understand the reasons for this policy change. I just, respectfully, disagree with the solution.

And back to Amazon deals --

Tony (if you're not still busy):

Any thought of price matching the THQ "Gold" deals? THQ Shop (Titan Quest, Sup Com, DoW and CoH Gold packs)

Only the SupCom Gold is Steam-able, but I think I'll pick that one up. We discussed Sup Com ealirer so I just wanted to let others know (great deal for gold at $4) and give Amazon a chance to price match.

[quote name='Mooby']Maybe propose alternate ideas?[/QUOTE]

If Tony asks, I would be happy to. Otherwise, I don´t want to clog up this promotional thread with a forum debate.

I am just, in as respectful manner as possible, expressing my disappointment in this policy, noting a loss rather than an increase in goodwill for Amazon (which still is high for the service based on Tony´s engagement with the community), and hoping that feedback is accepted and used for future decisions. :)

How about he/they stop giving away things all together? Then people can't complain when there is nothing to complain about.

Can't please people nowadays, the old saying, no good deed goes unpunished certainly still rings true.

[quote name='KaOTiK']How about he/they stop giving away things all together? Then people can't complain when there is nothing to complain about.

Can't please people nowadays, the old saying, no good deed goes unpunished certainly still rings true.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, I am going to ignore that one ;)

I can understand the restriction. And it's actually only for 2 days or something? Personally I would've made it longer. I saw some older members saying they missed a chance to get the Saints Row DLC the other day. That's not cool.

Actually, the two day wait makes no sense. ALL of the code giveaways need to have a set account age requirement, somewhere along the lines of a month or two. The way it is now, it's basically a mostly useless "pre-screening" event, and after two days, people can just spam accounts and hoard codes just like that guy did with Saints Row codes.

[quote name='nategator']If Tony asks, I would be happy to. Otherwise, I don´t want to clog up this promotional thread with a forum debate.

I am just, in as respectful manner as possible, expressing my disappointment in this policy, noting a loss rather than an increase in goodwill for Amazon (which still is high for the service based on Tony´s engagement with the community), and hoping that feedback is accepted and used for future decisions. :)[/QUOTE]

Saying you don't want to 'clog up the thread' when you've essentially already done so is sort of a cop out. Making an alternate suggestion wouldn't take up anymore space than you've already used. In any event, you could always just send him a PM.

[quote name='Mooby']Saying you don't want to 'clog up the thread' when you've essentially already done so is sort of a cop out. Making an alternate suggestion wouldn't take up anymore space than you've already used. In any event, you could always just send him a PM.[/QUOTE]

As I stated before, if Tony asks, then I would be happy to provide suggestions either by PM on through this thread. Otherwise, I don´t feel like it is an effective use of my time.

Sorry about that. :)

i'm just a newb so it is what it is. hopefully, there will be some left in a few days so i can get one before some fool decides to horde them all. until then, hopefully Tony can get some more deals up in the meantime.

[quote name='nategator']As I stated before, if Tony asks, then I would be happy to provide suggestions either by PM on through this thread. Otherwise, I don´t feel like it is an effective use of my time.

Sorry about that. :)[/QUOTE]

I tend to agree, it does kind of suck to not be able to get a code, and understand. I too am in the same boat. Have 4 more months for my date to flip to be eligible.

And never gripe about a problem without a solution so here is mine.

2 proposals

First suggestion- stagger the access to the beta keys

first day for CAG members with 1+ year
second day CAG members with 6+ months
third day CAG members with 3+ months
4th day and until the beta keys run out CAG members with 30+ days

Second Suggestion- 6 month time frame + 30 post minimum, that would give more active CAG members a shot at getting a beta key.

lol..what about a donation system like the indie bundle? tip for Tony and cag. minimum $1.00 per free game with percentage sliders for Tony and cag. first come first serve unless you want a 365 days type restriction.

Originally Posted by nategator
Tony,

Please look into this.

[quote name='Mooby']Maybe propose alternate ideas?[/QUOTE]
Lol, I can't access my Origin games according to EA rep because I never logged into their POGO crap. He told me that I'd have to rebuy all of them. I told him to fuck off. At least all you lost is a code. :lol:

[quote name='Larce80']bought a lot from amazon, more than most old members no doubt

no key

:whistle2:k[/QUOTE]

no key already???? that was fast. i guess i missed out then. oh well.....

[quote name='Idiotekque']Actually, the two day wait makes no sense. ALL of the code giveaways need to have a set account age requirement, somewhere along the lines of a month or two. The way it is now, it's basically a mostly useless "pre-screening" event, and after two days, people can just spam accounts and hoard codes just like that guy did with Saints Row codes.[/QUOTE]
yea if it drops to 1 day old accounts after these 2 days its really badly done

[quote name='Shrowd']I tend to agree, it does kind of suck to not be able to get a code, and understand. I too am in the same boat. Have 4 more months for my date to flip to be eligible.

And never gripe about a problem without a solution so here is mine.

2 proposals

First suggestion- stagger the access to the beta keys

first day for CAG members with 1+ year
second day CAG members with 6+ months
third day CAG members with 3+ months
4th day and until the beta keys run out CAG members with 30+ days

Second Suggestion- 6 month time frame + 30 post minimum, that would give more active CAG members a shot at getting a beta key.[/QUOTE]
Good idea, this makes sense

[quote name='darcmin']no key already???? that was fast. i guess i missed out then. oh well.....[/QUOTE]
no I mean Im not eligible

[quote name='Larce80']bought a lot from amazon, more than most old members no doubt

no key

:whistle2:k[/QUOTE]

I have as well but I guess we just got to accept that man

How about making people in the steam group the only ones eligible. And we only invite people we know, so if someone in the group does exploit this, it will only be one key and not all of them. Maybe make the system check if you are part of the group (similar to steamgifts)

It's hard but necessary. There is no point to do these things if people will constantly steal them.

I will patiently wait my turn and hope I get a key.

I don't believe all the keys are gone yet. If they are all gone before the 2 day waiting period is over then I could see a reason to complain, but until then it can't hurt to wait it out.

PS
it's pretty easy to get into the beta by referring 5 "friends" as the official website wants you too. Only takes a couple of minutes and a few temp email addresses...

I actually don't mind the two day wait at all. That's no one's business to criticize, since this is free stuff. I do mind the fact that after two days, everyone can hoard these codes. It's been said again and again that a minimum account age system needs to be put in place so we don't have a Falcongamer situation again, yet it still hasn't happened. Instead old timers got early access.

The priorities seem a little be misplaced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back