Amazon PCDD - Important Update New Community Manager Incoming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hey CAGS,

I’ve got some news I’m both excited and sad to share with you at the same time. I’ll be leaving the Digital Video Games team in Mid-March to join the marketing team for Amazon.com’s Loyalty and Rewards program, Amazon Coins. My boss and I have talked extensively about how to maintain and continue our presence here and across the other communities we’ve created in the past couple of years. To that end I’d like to introduce you to Josh, who take over monitoring, updating, and responding to this thread. Josh will be ramping up over the next couple of weeks, he  will be posting shortly to introduce himself.

Now that the “what’s going on” part of the message is out of the way I want to tell you all how much I love CAG and the posters here. This was the first community I joined when I started this job (anyone still remember that first thread?) and all of you have had a huge hand in shaping how we think about and execute Community Development and Management here at Amazon, which has in turn shaped my career these last two and a half years.

I started to write out a section calling out the regular posters and realized the list would be both overly long and incomplete at the same time. Instead I’d like to thank you all again, you all have my deep and sincere gratitude. I’ll still be around and my gaming accounts aren’t going anywhere so feel free to hit me up anytime you want to chat. I’ll probably still hang out in the thread too :).

Thanks again everyone, let me or Josh know if you have any questions!

The Indie Store has launched!
Amazon.com is launching a storefront dedicated to supporting and promoting PC/Mac/Web-based Indie Games. Our Digital Video Games team is a small group of passionate gamers and we’re all really excited to help Indie developers reach more customers quickly by providing a quick and simple process for bringing their games to market. Additionally we’ll be supporting the Indie Store with a ton of promotions, both at and after launch. Many of these promotions are designed to give the developer the opportunity to maximize their revenue. For example, Amazon is forfeiting all royalties from bundle sales and passing them along directly to the developer, we’ve also created an “Indie Spotlight” program to help customers learn more about the games and developers they love. We view the Indie developers as some of the most creative in the industry and we want to help them continue to create new and innovative experience for customers.

Why we are doing this:

• Allow customers to discover an entirely new category of games on Amazon.com
  • Help developers reach new customers quickly. Our onboarding process is straightforward and we want to sell every Indie game available
  • We want to leverage our strengths to support and help the developers who are driving forward innovation and creativity in the games industry
General Information

Hi CAGs,
I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

Cheers,
Tony

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.
F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

5. Price Matching notes: Generally we do not match international retailers (GMG, Gamersgate, etc) or physical retailers (Best Buy, Newegg.com, etc.)
To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here: Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, that was a lot of PMs.  LOL

I still have the following available:

Sonic 3D Blast
Red Faction: Guerrilla
Brütal Legend
Burnout: Ultimate Box
Medal of Honor
Metro 2033

Many a game time have been destroyed doing this, but at least it inflates my Steam game times ;)
^_^ Nod. Nowdays it's more of <interruption> <pause> <interruption takes a long time> <unpause, find a save point> <quit> :lol:

It inflates my play time by 1/4 to 1/3 on quite a few games, sometimes more. I really like games that keep track of my unpaused time. =)

So just so I'm clear, is Cheapy distributing the codes via the contest system or is LN3000 distributing them via PM? Or is Cheapy now LN3000? And if he is, can I have the CheapyD username for ultimate confusion in the forums?
This sums up how I feel. It would be nice to know before the hour closes who is giving what games out.

I can't keep up to this thread anymore, my powers are waning.

I'm just now looking at the Metacritic reviews for Crysis 3 and Dead Space 3. Seems the critics mostly liked them, but user reviews are mixed. Are there fans of either game here who would be kind enough to comment?
I liked Dead Space 3, a lot more focused on action, and a lot of zero gravity areas, but the weapon crafting mixed things up a bit. Using resources instead of cash was cool too because you couldn't just buy health packs, you had to make sure you had to resources to make them. The melee weapon attachments are fun too.

Is this some sort of trick to get your profile views up in case that's a requirement for the LN PM drop? I'm onto to you Rusty Dakota!
Aren't profiles only visible to registered members? Just trying to improve your chances.

Besides I have the bugged profile view count anyway.

I liked Dead Space 3, a lot more focused on action, and a lot of zero gravity areas, but the weapon crafting mixed things up a bit. Using resources instead of cash was cool too because you couldn't just buy health packs, you had to make sure you had to resources to make them. The melee weapon attachments are fun too.
That game pissed me off, they structured a huge component of the game around their virtual currency as if it was an iOS game, totally not cool. Forcing you to mine for this stuff so they can rake in some microtransactions. I had a real problem with that.

I'm just now looking at the Metacritic reviews for Crysis 3 and Dead Space 3. Seems the critics mostly liked them, but user reviews are mixed. Are there fans of either game here who would be kind enough to comment?
From second hand info, Crysis 3 is better than Crysis 2, kinda short but a visual beauty just like the ones before and a tight FPS game. But at a cost, it's a monster CPU hog along with a need for a fast GPU. One of a handful of games that have an increase in performance with larger CPU cache.

Dead Space 3 is a cool in the way it adds unique co-op to the campaign. You can play it by yourself and then with a buddy and the scene and interactions between the two characters will be different. If you liked the DS1 or DS2, then you should be fine.

The actual bottom of the barrel:

Key for The Showdown Effect in my profile.

PM me for Batman: Arkham Asylum Key.

Titan Quest Steam Key here:        4T9MP-CM4VT-REJ2I

I enjoyed the game for these reasons and on top of that, the co-op surprisingly didn't ruin the experience like I was thinking when they announced it. I played and finished it with one of my friends and I think it actually adds to the experience.

That game pissed me off, they structured a huge component of the game around their virtual currency as if it was an iOS game, totally not cool. Forcing you to mine for this stuff so they can rake in some microtransactions. I had a real problem with that.
For what it's worth, I didn't have any issues with just ignoring all the microtransactions in DS3. I was able to afford all the upgrades I wanted and craft a few extra guns by the end of my first playthrough. It was annoying the way they would pop up in the menus, but I didn't feel like the game forced you to buy stuff to continue.

Really liked the story, too.

I never had an issue with that, there was only one time during the game where I didn't have enough resources (because I used all of my ammo on a boss before figuring out I had to use a part of the environment to kill him :p) I only used the resource packs when I had collected enough ration seals, all they did was overlaid me with ammo and more health packs than I could ever use. If I never got any I would have still made it through the game just fine.

Dead Space 3 - go read my review:

http://classic.xfire.com/blog/mysterd/4760069/

Crysis 3:

I'll speak on the SP. Ain't touched the MP.

C3 feels a lot like C2. C3 can be played in a much stealthier manner than ever before, now w/ the new bow at your disposal.

While C2 was very vertical more so than open in terms of space - space-wise, C3 feels a bit more wide-open. C3 tries to combine the City Atmosphere of C2 and lush environments you saw in C1. Personally, I really liked C3 - it basically combines a lot of elements of both C1 and C2. I should note - I've liked ALL of the Crysis games on the SP, since the original. The stories & dialogue have never been anything that great and this flaw continues in C3 - I don't think it's one of Crytek's specialties. If you liked any of the earlier Crysis games, you like shooters, and you got a bad-ass PC that can run these technically gorgeous games - by all means, play 'em.

For what it's worth, I didn't have any issues with just ignoring all the microtransactions in DS3. I was able to afford all the upgrades I wanted and craft a few extra guns by the end of my first playthrough. It was annoying the way they would pop up in the menus, but I didn't feel like the game forced you to buy stuff to continue.

Really liked the story, too.
EA is the worst with microtransactions, Same with Unisoft.

Leftovers:

The 39 Steps Steam Key:
D743C-PDN7W-DTAR0

Lucius Steam Key:
DIBQ5-3A0IA-H0C2X

Star Wolves 3 Steam Key:
DI4WD-LBV8N-W54V7

Alien Spidy Steam Key:
C3M4Z-FR23C-WQ8HW

Dollar Dash Steam Key:
C0MQN-PG3F0-JMK3V

DiRT 2 Steam Key:
C25EG-G2FHT-QRG7W

Big Bang Racing Steam Key:
C3297-5PI5T-IPV4D

Hard Reset Steam Key:
BZ8KP-P6A0W-Z4D2Z

Huntsman: The Orphange Steam Key:
6FQ7G-DFIPG-K8HLZ

Hacker Evolution Duality Steam Key:
CEC4P-WA6JZ-DMIQI

Dlcs for Hack Evolution
85P25-6F6Y6-YLXEL
9GQ6T-FRBC4-27I7Z
EBDB5-4T799-9PAYT
QH805-5DQYB-HKBJ7

Dead Space Origin Key:
9KMV-CJHX-6VYE-9TMC-2BYJ    

Mirrors Edge Origin Key:
2S8Y-SDCQ-3ZPS-Q7LV-ZTMB

Crysis 2 Maximum Edition Origin Key:
AF9Z-ZKCU-E3W5-AW25-YRF5

Batman Arkham City Lockdown APPLE IOS Key:
F49WY6HJN3T3

eXceed 3rd - Jade Penetrate Black Package Desura Key:
3DFAE-3848D-C05F5-84A4D
3DF8C-9975E-D5918-AAD60

Satazius Desura Key:
CB1C4-432AA-0E844-F2371
CB1E8-9EF46-CD677-B7AB7

Cherry Tree High Comedy Club Desura Key:
6C5D4-73359-6760B-5A501
720F1-E8CB2-0444B-F2A2F

Are people looking up games that might be given away in a little bit? lol

Is there any confirmed games? You people scare me.
All the games are known:

Double Fine 4 Pack (not sure on the games...SURPRISE!!!): 12

Dead Island Riptide: 15

Metro Last Light: 18

F1 2013: 9

Contrast: 3

Final Exam: 3

Grid 2: 9

Based on the amount of people viewing this thread, you have a ~30% chance of getting something. Unless LN hates you, in which case you might as well leave.

I can't comment on crysis 3, since I haven't played it yet.

Dead Space 3 was a good game. That is the bottom line.

Now, to compare it to the first 2. The first 2 dead space games in my opinion had the horror feel perfectly done. Dead space 3 was not nearly as good an atmosphere, it felt much more open world in comparison.(open world + horror = not horror)

A pro for this game would be its gun crafting system, which changes things, makes it interesting.

So, bottom line, If you only liked the atmosphere in the first 2 games, you may be disappointed in comparison. However if you liked the game overall, and the story, which I personally really loved, you will very much enjoy this game.

For someone new to the dead space games, I would recommend you start from the first, but if not, you will still like it a lot. Just that the characters and story won't feel as good as someone who is familiar with them.

Thanks for the drops, stupidproz1, but most appear to be gone already. 190 people in this thread, glad we're doing the main drops by PM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back