amazon sells out 1000 dvd players in 25 seconds Doubtful

slidecage

CAGiversary!
Feedback
106 (100%)
that voting thing (like for the xbox 360 thanksgiving day) was up once again today. i got in at 11:00:10 and had to do the question. They are saying within 25 seconds 1000 DVD Players sold out.

More like they never had them. At least the xbox 360s stayed in stock longer then 25 seconds

now when you even go to amazon you cant even get into the link

Looking for something?
We're sorry. The Web address you entered is not a functioning page on our site

Go to Amazon.com's Home Page

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Try the fact that there were a lot of people trying to get a cheap DVD player that they had limited supply of. Was it a scam? Of course not. I got one. It's just hard to keep only 1,000 of something in stock when something like 100,000 people want it all at once.

Considering I didn't get in on it, yes, I don't believe they were available much this time. I've read reports of four people getting it, still though, this time it is a little hard to believe...The page actually went up before 8:00 AM, I think it was 59:51, I clicked and was told sold out at 8:00.

More than anything, it made no sense, how would they track refresh rates? What about school/work/home networks? What about dial ups? It's impossible to track refresh rates and say "OH, SO AND SO IS REFRESHING A LOT" while having considerations for networks

The high volume page wasn't due to high volume, there was a certain criteria to be routed to it, I had 5 windows going again and three went to "HIGH VOLUME" at the same time two went through perfectly

There was a lot more publicity for the X-Box than this DVD player, and even less people are home today, so why did it turn out like this?

Personally, I'd be crying if the winner had been the earrings or the prime membership. I thought I'd test myself to get the DVD player, but failed and after getting the XBOX I am completely fine with it.

Agreed with Fallout , I know there were about 4,000 views on the slickdeals.net thread about it and that was just one site, the 360 stayed in stock longer probably because the server went to hell with that deal. Also I got in on the dvd player funny enough, was pretty surprised how smooth it went.

[quote name='coolsteel']Agreed with Fallout , I know there were about 4,000 views on the slickdeals.net thread about it and that was just one site, the 360 stayed in stock longer probably because the server went to hell with that deal. Also I got in on the dvd player funny enough, was pretty surprised how smooth it went.[/QUOTE]

Definitely. My experience, the site wasn't even that slow, never timed out, and worked pretty well. I hope that, with whatever next week's deals are, Amazon maintains the system they put into place. And the 360 didn't last much longer, did it? I mean, it only lasted something like 29 seconds.

Shit... I just woke up and didn't even realize I missed it. And funny enough, people are already crying about not getting one again.

Yeah, people need to stop complaing about this... alot of people - little items - sell out fast... it happens... it takes people 2-5 seconds tops to type in all their info and lock in the deal if they are fast so that's why they go fast...

I'm happy to have the chance and not have to wait in line like stupid B&M

Those went fast. There is bound to be a couple people proclaiming "Thats not FAIR!!!!!!!!". Same shit I heard at 2PM in the afternoon during Black Friday that everything was sold out.

Haha. Never got past that high volume page. Maybe Amazon should have just sent all their customers like a 15% Off coupon for the holidays instead of this maddening gimmick.

Guess that $40 Toys + Prime certificate is never going to happen now. That TV is going to get ALL the votes.

[quote name='gizmogc']Those went fast. There is bound to be a couple people proclaiming "Thats not FAIR!!!!!!!!". Same shit I heard at 2PM in the afternoon during Black Friday that everything was sold out.[/QUOTE]

i dont give a rats ass about if i got it or not i was just pointing out that dont seem like they could all went within 25 seconds.

but if that is true that it released at 59.51 for some people expect major hell to breakout if that news is true.

I mostly wanted the TOY thing for 40 bucks. There is no way im paying 120 for it : )

GOT ANOTHER QUESTION

Black & Decker 12-Volt Drill
Amazon Price:
$49.99

Runner-up Price: $10.00

Sold out at this price

my link showed 20 bucks?

so what is it 10 or 20

[quote name='slidecage']GOT ANOTHER QUESTION

Black & Decker 12-Volt Drill
Amazon Price:
$49.99

Runner-up Price: $10.00

Sold out at this price

my link showed 20 bucks?

so what is it 10 or 20[/quote]
I think it meant that the drill would've been $10 if the was the winner, but since it was the runner-up, it went for $20. My linked showed $20 as well.

took a screen shot but they said they wont honor the deal. O well, i can get a drill anyplace for 20 bucks. Got to laugh that people are contacting the BBB over the DVD player. Its a piece of #$#$# dvd player why are people going nuts over it. Hell i think you could of got them for around 50 the day after thanksgiving

My god, I wish the trainer was the item for next week! But the TV will win for sure, I'd even "settle" for the prime. The tent is the worst of them though.

I think going to drawing is just cheap. With how many billions of amazon.com members there are, and how EASY it is to create accounts, plus the fact that NO ONE has to wake up..it just makes it even worse.

I just read though

ONLY the one you vote for

ONLY an authorized credit card

Codes sent randomly.

So it makes NO sense to vote for anything but the TV because the TV already won, and everything else will be "full price" and most likely left over for purchase on their previous round section

So I am guessing the odds on this are 500 out of what? 50 million?

[quote name='sarausagi']My god, I wish the trainer was the item for next week! But the TV will win for sure, I'd even "settle" for the prime. The tent is the worst of them though.

I think going to drawing is just cheap. With how many billions of amazon.com members there are, and how EASY it is to create accounts, plus the fact that NO ONE has to wake up..it just makes it even worse.

I just read though

ONLY the one you vote for

ONLY an authorized credit card

Codes sent randomly.

So it makes NO sense to vote for anything but the TV because the TV already won, and everything else will be "full price" and most likely left over for purchase on their previous round section

So I am guessing the odds on this are 500 out of what? 50 million?[/QUOTE]

reduce your fractions : )

bread's done
Back