Amazon Warehouse Deals Thread II - Wikified

Status
Not open for further replies.

poker360

Banned
***Amazon Warehouse Deals Thread II Hit 1,000,000 Views on March 28th, 2011***

Nintendo 3DS Links:

The first nintendo 3ds consoles have appeared on warehouse deals, so far only cosmo black. The price listed was $186.99 and "Like New". Although they are currently out of stock, you may want to check back frequently.

Nintendo 3DS Cosmo Black

Aqua Blue (Check and see if there are used listings with this link)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please Post All Links / Deals Via Wiki Edit HERE:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Amazon has some great warehouse deals, and most of their used games are in like new condition.
Please post specific deals you find via Warehouse deals in this thread. Check latest posts for the newest deals, or click the link below.

A BIG thanks to the CAG community for continuously posting specific deals!

Links:

Items costing $51 - $9,999 (Usually consoles appear here)

Amazon Warehouse Deals Storefront - I usually go here just to check out things.

Lastchance Deals - Ultra discounted!

Deep Discount Deals

**All titles are available for FSS with orders over $25**
**There is no guarantee how long these will be in stock, so if you see something, better grab it fast**

Link To Items(Check here for handheld and console deals):

$50-$99 Deals
$100-$199 Deals
$200-$499 Deals

Browse Games by Console:

LINK -- Just go here and click on system of choice for other systems besides 360 / ps3 / wii

Xbox 360

Wii

PS3

F.A.Q's

What is Amazon Warehouse Deals?
Warehouse Deals is part of amazon that has open box, generally like new items.

Is the Amazon Warehouse Deals return policy the same as Amazon's return policy?
Yes, All purchases are eligible for Amazon customer service and 30 day return policy.

What condition are products from Warehouse Deals generally in?
Usually, games are re-shrinked wrap and almost in perfect condition. Any game i have personally ever bought has in like new condition. However, some people have reported that games were scratched with stickers on the insert. Consoles are also usually reported in like new or new condition with box damage. Rarely, a console may be missing a key component such as a power brick.

I'm using the games sort by console link, and the games will not sort by price properly. What is wrong?
You aren't doing anything wrong, the sort by price feature on Amazon is broken

I'm waiting for the 360 slim, or ps3 to pop up.. What time do they usually appear?
They can show up any time, the best way to find it is have the item tabbed on your browser, and download an auto refresh app and frequently check it... Sometimes they will not pop up on amazon warehouse deals storefront, you will need to check the "used" section of the item

Why did all the prices of games randomly jump up?
Games on warehouse deals generally go on a cycle. They will get extremely low, great deals.. Then they will jump back up and restart the cycle of falling in price again.

I have a gaming credit and/or an Amazon gift card. Can both of these be applied to Warehouse Deals orders?
Gift cards can be applied to orders made on warehouse deals, however video game credit is only good for items shipped and sold by "amazon.com", warehouse deals does not count as this.

Previous Thread:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=256610

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Remmykins']And they are gone. Was too slow ;(.[/QUOTE]

I missed out earlier too. So I kept that URL open in my browser all day and just kept F5'in when I thought of it. Give it a try...if you're like me and a computer worker, anyway - it's no sweat. :cool:

[quote name='Heavyd814life']How do you get links to appear like this?[/QUOTE]
Type the item and price. Highlight the text you want to be a link and click the chain link icon. Enter the hyperlink.

[quote name='Ace_Defective']Black Wii Like New- $130.99 (edit: back-ordered)
gam.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Cool Turntable set.. ?

[quote name='CountChoculitis']Good deal but with the squaretrade warranty it comes out to $370 so I am going to pass. No way I am going to trust a used console without an extended warranty.[/QUOTE]

99% of warehouse listed consoles "like new" means that they were never opened, or at least that the items were never used.

Warranties are a racket to begin with but they're especially unnecessary here.

Got a wii last week listed as "very good" and it was unopened.

Got my ps3 move 320gb bundle today. PS3 looks new, controller looks new but someone definitely put a little use on the Move controller. It had a dog hair on it and a little scuff. The system was listed as like new, should I contact Amazon?

[quote name='mcthatch']Got my ps3 move 320gb bundle today. PS3 looks new, controller looks new but someone definitely put a little use on the Move controller. It had a dog hair on it and a little scuff. The system was listed as like new, should I contact Amazon?[/QUOTE]

Like-new doesn't imply that it was never used. It implies that it is almost as good as it would be out of the box meaning that it comes with everything it should, working normally, and nothing damaged. This does take in account minor cosmetic wear as well. Sometimes they do sell new items as like-new that have damage to the box/casing, but in most cases they are used to some extent. What you got based on your description falls very much into the Like-new category unless the dog hair has strains of Ebola or something on it.

[quote name='mcthatch']Got my ps3 move 320gb bundle today. PS3 looks new, controller looks new but someone definitely put a little use on the Move controller. It had a dog hair on it and a little scuff. The system was listed as like new, should I contact Amazon?[/QUOTE]

as long as everything is in mostly good condition, i probably wouldn't. i doubt they would do much for a little bit of dog hair and a scuff -- remember, like new doesnt mean brand new.

there is going to come a day where all good deals like these disappear completely if people abuse amazon's overly kind customer service -- i keep that in mind every time i have a minor vs. major problem with an amazon item -- that and the blacklisting they did a few years back for too many CSR inquiries from individual customers -- those people to this day cannot purchase from amazon... i never understood HOW their system was able to correctly identify new accounts, but somehow it has been.

more info on the blacklisting due to returns / complaints:

http://archive.slickdeals.net/showthread.php?sduid=0&t=908910&highlight=amazon

[quote name='deathcab']as long as everything is in mostly good condition, i probably wouldn't. i doubt they would do much for a little bit of dog hair and a scuff -- remember, like new doesnt mean brand new.

there is going to come a day where all good deals like these disappear completely if people abuse amazon's overly kind customer service -- i keep that in mind every time i have a minor vs. major problem with an amazon item -- that and the blacklisting they did a few years back for too many CSR inquiries from individual customers -- those people to this day cannot purchase from amazon... i never understood HOW their system was able to correctly identify new accounts, but somehow it has been.

http://archive.slickdeals.net/showthread.php?sduid=0&t=908910&highlight=amazon[/QUOTE]

You make a good point, but if one thing has been clearly used more than just "gently", then what might have happened to other stuff in the box as well?

Plus, per Amazon's own guidelines for electronics listings for sellers

"Like New: An apparently untouched electronics item in perfect condition. The original plastic wrap may be missing, but the original packaging is intact. There are absolutely no signs of wear. Suitable for presenting as a gift. "

Yeah I'm almost scared to return stuff to Amazon because of that. Like I got the wrong game inside a case recently. Game I bought was $17.99 but the game inside wasn't that bad. I probably should have just kept it lol. I do nearly all of my shopping on Amazon and I have no idea what I'd do if I wasn't able to shop there.

A small number of "Like New" games from the warehouse have had damaged cases. I don't even consider returning them especially since the case is replaceable.

Got my like new ps3 still factory sealed

It was not factory sealed and it has a couple dings and scratches :(

Called customer service they gave me a 15 dollar promo credit and 25 dollar refund so I guess that's ok.

[quote name='deathcab']as long as everything is in mostly good condition, i probably wouldn't. i doubt they would do much for a little bit of dog hair and a scuff -- remember, like new doesnt mean brand new.

http://archive.slickdeals.net/showthread.php?sduid=0&t=908910&highlight=amazon [/QUOTE]
I was bombarding them with complaints about rejected games from NorAm recently.:cry: I kept clicking 'no' on the reply emails when asked if they had solved my problems and essentially repeated the same thing I had sent in the prior complaint in the feedback field.

I was eventually given a total of $130 in promo credits from them for the two rejected games, which was the kind of outcome I was hoping for, though I really would've much rathered normal Amazon credit since promo credits cannot be used on AWD(even though they're the same fuckin' company:roll:).

That above is total FUD. It happened to VERY few people who clearly were taking advantage of Amazon and returning an "extraordinary" number of products. The rest of us shouldn't worry.

[quote name='aem']Super Scribblenauts for DS $11.99 in Good condition (damage to case/artwork)
(gone)[/QUOTE]

Thanks to whoever took that outta my cart before I could check out. I was going to replace my step-son's that got stolen. :cry:

[quote name='WilliamG']That above is total FUD. It happened to VERY few people who clearly were taking advantage of Amazon and returning an "extraordinary" number of products. The rest of us shouldn't worry.[/QUOTE]

to each his own. i don't intend for anyone to live in fear -- but i keep it in mind at least... i've been around this stuff online quite a while (i joined here in july 2004 and slickdeals around the same time -- before it was a hoarding site) and there have been numerous "sweeps" of bans, the most recent of which was in mid 2009.

also, there have been isolated reports of people getting banned for abusing kindle returns but those are usually people flagrantly abusing the policy and most of those are deserving. the fact remains that due to their terms of service they can arbitrarily ban at will and you do lose every last dollar of promotional and gift card credit remaining on your account. just like no one knew before it happened they would do it for "abusing" customer service, i worry in the back of my mind that some day they will do it for buying new games and immediately selling them back when they have trade in values higher than purchase price.

like i said, use amazon's great customer service -- thats why i shop there anyways, just dont abuse it. if you think to yourself before you complain "i don't really care about this, but i think i can complain or word it in a way that amazon will likely give me a $15 credit" then you are probably just working the system.

on the other hand, if you think to yourself you would not have purchased the product to being with if you had inspected it personally, then complain and try to get them to refund return shipping like they have done for the kindles that were not as expected.

ALSO, i'm very jealous of whoever got that PS3 w/ uncharted 2 for less than i paid 2 weeks ago for my ps3 alone!!

http://archive.slickdeals.net/showthread.php?sduid=0&t=908910&highlight=amazon[/QUOTE]
I love that whoever wrote about the Amazon blacklisting makes it seem like it is their right to shop at Amazon. Why do so many consumers beleive they can do whatever and shop wherever they want? Crazy how people think it is a right to shop at a store and do anything they want.

Got my Red dualshock 3 from AWD and it's still in it's original packaging, which had a hole in the plastic bubble the controllers come in, it had a piece of tape covering the hole, but it's currently charging now.

I also bought a 1tb WD10EADS on AWD and that came in original sealed anti static wrap within 2 foam inserts filled box. Going to install that in my pc soon.

First time purchasing anything from Amazon's warehouse, picked up Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 (360) for 17.99 in "like new" condition.

Not a super sweet deal, I know, but my local GS somehow sold all seven or so copies they had RIGHT AFTER I snagged the character DLC during the holidays (before it was pulled). Had a coupon and everything....:bomb:

Anyhow, game was plastic-wrapped, complete, with only a super-minor chip on the case. Disc was in great condition, installed fine to my 360, so I'm happy.

I didn't want to create a new thread for this but I see many of you purchasing a lot on Amazon and thought I should share this.

I saw this on SD's:
Amazon $20 GC for $10 on LivingSocial.com

I was able to buy 2 with different e-mails and used the same card :D Not too bad, $20 for $40 worth of Amazon credit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back