Amazon Warehouse Deals Thread VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

poker360

Banned
Amazon has some great warehouse deals, and most of their used games are in like new condition. Please post specific deals you find via Warehouse deals in this thread. Check latest posts for the newest deals, or click the link below.

--------------------------------

A BIG thanks to the CAG community for continuously posting specific deals!

WIKI: (Feel free to update OP in this section ONLY)

Link:

Amazon Warehouse Deals Storefront - I usually go here just to check out things.

**All titles are available for FSS with orders over $25**
**There is no guarantee how long these will be in stock, so if you see something, better grab it fast**

Link To Items By Price:

$0-$24 Deals
$25-$49 Deals
$50-$99 Deals
$100-$199 Deals
$200-$499 Deals

Browse Games by Console: (These are somewhat broken now, as Amazon has updated their search system and made it even worse)

:3ds:Nintendo 3DS

PS Vita

:psp:Sony PSP

:360:Xbox 360

:wii:Wii

:ps3:PS3

Wii U

PS4

F.A.Q's

What is Amazon Warehouse Deals?
Warehouse Deals is part of amazon that has open box, generally like new items.

Is the Amazon Warehouse Deals return policy the same as Amazon's return policy?
Yes, All purchases are eligible for Amazon customer service and 30 day return policy.

I'm using the games sort by console link, and the games will not sort by price properly. What is wrong?
You aren't doing anything wrong, the sort by price feature on Amazon is broken

I'm waiting for a 360, ps3, 3ds, or PS Vita to pop up.. What time do they usually appear?
They can show up any time, the best way to find it is have the item tabbed on your browser, and download an auto refresh app and frequently check it... Sometimes they will not pop up on amazon warehouse deals storefront, you will need to check the "used" section of the item

Why did all the prices of games randomly jump up?
Games on warehouse deals generally go on a cycle. They will get extremely low, great deals.. Then they will jump back up and restart the cycle of falling in price again.

I have a gaming credit and/or an Amazon gift card. Can both of these be applied to Warehouse Deals orders?
Gift cards can be applied to orders made on warehouse deals, however video game credit is only good for items shipped and sold by "amazon.com", warehouse deals does not count as this.

What was Penny Deals?
In early September of 2011, tons of newer release, more expensive games popped up for 1 penny each. Many CAG members placed orders, expecting them to get cancelled. Some were cancelled, however many CAGS got a large amount of games for a penny each. There has been no confirmation what exactly happened and why these games were sold for a penny.

What condition are products from Warehouse Deals generally in?
Usually, games are re-shrinked wrap and almost in perfect condition. Any game i have personally ever bought has in like new condition. However, some people have reported that games were scratched with stickers on the insert. Consoles are also usually reported in like new or new condition with box damage. Rarely, a console may be missing a key component such as a power brick. Games listed in "acceptable" condition likely have very beaten up cases, or are missing cases, and are in not so great condition, but generally have a working game disc.

Here is an example of a like new handheld (PS Vita) - Thanks Slixshot
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JoNLqd0lqk

Previous Threads:

I:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=256610
II:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7717783#post7717783
III:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=291329 - The penny deals craziness
IV:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=303172
V:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=313299
VI:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=325923

Last edited by a moderator:
So I traded in the Halo 3 Xbox 360 console (I bought it for my young nephew, but he didn't seem to care about it) to Amazon. The condition was "like new". Just got an email saying it'll be returned to me and was marked as unacceptable. Now I wonder what happened to it while it was being transported.
Probably nothing. They probably either found some BS reason to reject it, or some twist tie that was missing. Or if you submitted it like new and not be downgraded they probably found a scratch or small ding on the packaging. Pretty much I expect that they didn't want to pay out several times what you just bought it for and found whatever they could to reject or. Or just took a sledgehammer to it.

Probably nothing. They probably either found some BS reason to reject it, or some twist tie that was missing. Or if you submitted it like new and not be downgraded they probably found a scratch or small ding on the packaging. Pretty much I expect that they didn't want to pay out several times what you just bought it for and found whatever they could to reject or. Or just took a sledgehammer to it.
I'm just hoping nothing bad happened. I made sure everything worked before I shipped it, and I saw no flaws anywhere. I guess I'll just keep it for now. I would trade it into Gamestop, but I'm a doofus and used my 50% extra TIV a few days ago as I assumed Amazon would accept the 360.

I'm just hoping nothing bad happened. I made sure everything worked before I shipped it, and I saw no flaws anywhere. I guess I'll just keep it for now. I would trade it into Gamestop, but I'm a doofus and used my 50% extra TIV a few days ago as I assumed Amazon would accept the 360.
That's why I didn't send them there despite being $60 more than GS. Seen enough rejections under normal conditions in the Amazon trade thread that I didn't think they would pay me five times what I just paid for the system even if they showed up flawless. That and for anything above acceptable they also grade the packaging so plenty of room for them to find flaws. They're so inconsistent though it just seemed like asking for trouble.

That's why I didn't send them there despite being $60 more than GS. Seen enough rejections under normal conditions in the Amazon trade thread that I didn't think they would pay me five times what I just paid for the system even if they showed up flawless. That and for anything above acceptable they also grade the packaging so plenty of room for them to find flaws. They're so inconsistent though it just seemed like asking for trouble.

It's funny, you'd think since their incoming inspection is so meticulous that the product conditon would be properly reflected in the warehouse. They need to have the same team that grades the incoming products, grade the outgoing ones too! There would be less screw ups.

It's funny, you'd think since their incoming inspection is so meticulous that the product conditon would be properly reflected in the warehouse. They need to have the same team that grades the incoming products, grade the outgoing ones too! There would be less screw ups.
Oh no, incoming is no better really. I've had plenty of stuff I've sent in that should have gotten downgraded to acceptable because it was disc only or cosmetically damaged or whatever but submitted at the highest level just get accepted. Especially if you submit multiple of the same item they seem more likely to give all of that item the higher grade. I think the incoming is just directed to be nit-picky on certain items to try and find reasons to reject or downgrade them.

i would never send in consoles to amazon trade ins. they have a history of rejecting it, and sending back damaged consoles. lol

i would pray the halo 4 console does not come back broke in pieces, or damaged with dents and scuffs marks

I bet there isn't anything wrong with the console. I sent a HP touchpad in and they rejected it saying it was severely damaged. Got it back, took a video of myself opening the box, only to find there was nothing wrong with the device. They just didn't want to pay you the credit for the console i hope.

Yeah I guess I'm just going to keep it. I absolutely love Halo 3, so having the console is alright by me. Hopefully nothing's happened to it in transit. When I took it to the UPS Store to ship, I planned on packing it there, but they offered to do it for me. Surely they knew what they were doing.

Read that as Xbox 4 $128 at first glance and somehow combined Xbox One and PS4 in my head.
Maybe when they first came out buying it for $128 would be a good deal. Those 4gb consoles are worthless unless you have a hard drive already and are just trying to replace an old one. I see them on craigslist for $100 and less all the time. Just a though. Also if you havent seen the TIV on amazon for Wanted PS3 its $9.XX I picked it up to trade into amazon. For some reason the Xbox version is only $.77. Hopefully they take them.

Can someone tell me what a "DINGER" description would look like for a collector's edition video game specifically?

If a like new collector's edition description reads:

"Fully playable game is included; downloadable content (DLC) or codes for online play may require additional purchase. Item may come repackaged."

Is this a dinger and how do you gauge that? I would rather buy a package that is damaged than one that had a previous owner.

Since I am getting into this money-sink, are we going to see any Disney Infinity figures/starter packs on AWD? If I remember correctly, there have been some Skylanders ones, but I never paid too much attention to them because I didn't care for the game. 

Can someone tell me what a "DINGER" description would look like for a collector's edition video game specifically?

"Fully playable game is included; downloadable content (DLC) or codes for online play may require additional purchase. Item may come repackaged."

Is this a dinger and how do you gauge that? I would rather buy a package that is damaged than one that had a previous owner.
It all boils down to interpretation, even with a description like that, it doesn't mean it actually had a previous owner but I personally avoid those kind of descriptions if I can find a better one available.

Usually a good possible "dinger" would be something that has a description describing the damage, such as "small cut/bend on top, medium cut on bottom" etc, you get the idea. At least that's how I evaluate what I am going to buy, and even then you don't guarantee yourself a possible dinger,

AWD's grading is all over the place at times. I've gotten (A) items that have been MUCH better than (LN) ones.

Example of what I'd consider a possible dinger.

Fully playable game is included; downloadable content (DLC) or codes for online play may require additional purchase. Activation codes for bonus online content may be missing or expired. Small cut/scatch on set case. Small wrinkle / bend on set case.

you look for the description of "small/medium/large cut,

It all boils down to interpretation, even with a description like that, it doesn't mean it actually had a previous owner but I personally avoid those kind of descriptions if I can find a better one available.

Usually a good possible "dinger" would be something that has a description describing the damage, such as "small cut/bend on top, medium cut on bottom" etc, you get the idea. At least that's how I evaluate what I am going to buy, and even then you don't guarantee yourself a possible dinger,

AWD's grading is all over the place at times. I've gotten (A) items that have been MUCH better than (LN) ones.

That clears things up, thanks.

specially if the game is been out for more than a year, i only gamble on those games that came out within the first month of the game relase.

same thing happened with my 3ds xl i traded in a while back, like new (had literally everything in great shape, i even took pictures) got the same email, bitched to customer service because it was during the extra $25 credit promo, got it back in, it was flawless, shipped it right back (they honored the original value) and they quickly accepted it as like new. they just try to decline obscene deals like where it's a guaranteed profit for you and no way amazon could make money reselling it.

Ill buy any denied systems....
Alright since I can trade and get $150 you will happily pay more?

Man you sound real repetitive dude. No one is going to sell you there systems if they havent already

Anyways I was wondering how it works with trading things into Amazon? Do I have to package it myself or do I just take the games to UPS with the order information?
I think you can do that but then you are going to have to pay a dumb price for a box. Its free if you just find your own box. I usually reuse the boxes I get from amazon. Throw the games in and the slip along with the air packets they send you. Just for added protection I reuse them. :D

There's a thread for Amazon trades. You print the label and packing slip and pack the item with the packing slip inside the mailer or box and attach the label to outer part of the package. You can put tape over the label since it's a UPS label. Then drop the package at any location that accepts it for free. Drop boxes work for medium and small packages, but you need an authorized UPS store to take large boxes around the size of the God of War Ascension CE.

I think you can do that but then you are going to have to pay a dumb price for a box. Its free if you just find your own box. I usually reuse the boxes I get from amazon. Throw the games in and the slip along with the air packets they send you. Just for added protection I reuse them. :D
I was afraid of that... The only thing that sucks is I think I may have thrown away a lot of the older boxes I got shipments in :whistle2:(. Only boxes I have left are from recent shipments that are were in huge boxes and lately amazon has been sending most of my shipments through USPS so they have been putting games in my mailbox... Ill have to find something

Holy fuck you guys. I'm gone a day there's as many missed posts in this thread as when I was gone a week.

Anyway, came home to my Prestige stuff actually being where I asked them to leave it in my note which shocked me like you wouldn't believe. The copies of NBA 2K13 (VG and LN) and Champions of Norrath (G) were all complete and perfect. What's really weird with Champions of Norrath though is that one's drastically heavier than the other despite being identical in every way that I can see.

Because the new forums use rich text formatting so it automatically retains the formatting characteristics of where you copied it from unless you paste it somewhere like notepad first.

Just from an observational standpoint it seems to only consider Amazon's price if Amazon is selling the item new. If they're not then it seems to consider the other sellers and is usually the lowest.
Yeah I pasted to notepad to remove my information before posting here, that makes sense.

would you actually sell it to him for $150, which is the same amount you can get for trading into gs. that is the real question here

Idk why they'd mark it "Like New" and have it repackaged. Wonder if it's not a legit Microsoft one

Also: ur never on KZ beta o_O
Well I didn't know you were looking for me on it, can always send me a message or something. Also I was gone all day yesterday and after having a tire blowout about 40 minutes from home at 11PM and not getting home until 3AM has kind of put the last two days out of commission (today I'm in zombie mode).

Well I didn't know you were looking for me on it, can always send me a message or something. Also I was gone all day yesterday and after having a tire blowout about 40 minutes from home at 11PM and not getting home until 3AM has kind of put the last two days out of commission (today I'm in zombie mode).
I'm still a noob when it comes to PSN so I never knew how to tell when people are on or not or messaging and such -.-

I'm still a noob when it comes to PSN so I never knew how to tell when people are on or not or messaging and such -.-
Ill have to admit while I love sony, their friend and messaging interface is horrible. Even the XMB or whatever its called is so slow to load up. Sonys console with microsofts interface and menus would be a perfect system.

would you actually sell it to him for $150, which is the same amount you can get for trading into gs. that is the real question here
I actually have mine here for my brother. Havent shipped it. But regardless Im not selling it. Lol

Not sure if I lucked out or this is normal. But I got my sly cooper game today and was able to register it to my account and was able to get the vita version also. I just assumed once it was used before then it would always be disc only no vita.

Not sure if I lucked out or this is normal. But I got my sly cooper game today and was able to register it to my account and was able to get the vita version also. I just assumed once it was used before then it would always be disc only no vita.
You technically have to sign in and redeem it. Now that you used it it will no longer be valid on the disc. You lucked out congrats!

The previous owner just never activated the disc benefits. Nice!

Pops up when someone comes online. Otherwise can check status or message under the friends bubble on the Vita. Like right now I can see you playing Ninja Gaiden Sigma.

Question, is there ever cheap Wii systems going up? I see the ones for $100-120 but do they go cheaper? I want to get one off here but I'm considering cowboom because the price but afraid the console is going to look like it got tossed from a moving train :/

Question, is there ever cheap Wii systems going up? I see the ones for $100-120 but do they go cheaper? I want to get one off here but I'm considering cowboom because the price but afraid the console is going to look like it got tossed from a moving train :/
I've seen Wii's for under $50 on awd

Edit
I bit on a first edition vita last night as well it was acceptable but priced at $150 its been on shipping now for a while.

There sometimes are some steady $60 consoles, but they reprice after an hour or two. I haven't seen them reduce in a while.

wiis are very sturdy but both amazon and ebay normally have them go for around 40 used. I bought 2 and both were basically new. the one even had wii sports resort left in it lol. only reason I bought 2 was because the first 1 didn't have gc bc and I greatly prefer playing with gamecube controllers to the wii remote at times.

I bit on a first edition vita last night as well it was acceptable but priced at $150 its been on shipping now for a while.
Unless you're desperate to have it now I would just wait two months for the inevitable big gift card or discount or whatever as sales start kicking up now that we've had the price drop. Might even be able to score one of whatever limited edition holiday bundle they bring out.

Unless you're disparate to have it now I would just wait two months for the inevitable big gift card or discount or whatever as sales start kicking up now that we've had the price drop. Might even be able to score one of whatever limited edition holiday bundle they bring out.
I'd wait but I'm being super impatient I wanna do some hand held gaming even though I haven't been gaming in the past 2 weeks I've been wanting to dig my hands into p4g I've never played any and my friend keeps telling me its good

I'd wait but I'm being super impatient I wanna do some hand held gaming even though I haven't been gaming in the past 2 weeks I've been wanting to dig my hands into p4g I've never played any and my friend keeps telling me its good
Dooo it! I love my vita. I play it in lunch breaks at work and on the go situations. P4g is hit and miss for some people. I personally thought it was addicting but couldn't budge myself to buy it. I have no vita games except ps+ titles and a few downloads and my vita backlog is still growing lol

I always thought Vita was interesting and I kept wondering and asking people if I should buy one.  I was skeptical and would not purchase one at 250$.  Until I recently got one I can not express how happy I am that I have one.  I would definitely have spent $200 on one now that I have it.  

Especially with how well KZ Mercs is, graphically and control wise, I have high hopes for future games.  

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back