Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
Preordering anything from them shows up as backordered.
Which makes sense when these are pre-orders. Ive ordered movies from them back in the day when they were deepdiscountdvd. The company is based out of Itasca Illinois and they used have a physical store in naperville, IL. They closed that location many years back. If they come through great, if not no big deal IMO.

anyone here had an experience with placing a target order and had the wrong billing address? i have tried calling them and they told me, if there is an issue, then they will send me an email and that its too late to change it. in other words, it will most likely get canceled! 

Game shipped out the Amiibos I ordered back in January. I need some time off to send Amiibos to people here. I Worked 72 hours last week and 84 hours this week, all on dayshift.

I need Jigglypuff and Greninja pre-orders now

The two orders I had with Game came out to be $109.89 for the six with shipping.

Oookay, BestBuy canceled 2 of my B2G1 used games orders from earlier this month. Even weirder than the cancelation, BB sent me 4 emails with 4 different $10 promo codes--online only, cannot be combined. But I didn't get anything like that when they canceled my splatoon 3-pack or Pac-Man preorders. What exactly is going on with them recently? Of the last 6 orders I've placed, 4 have been canceled, no explanation. How about you just fill the games and amiibo orders, k BB? :/

Dont get your hopes up with ddd

I preordered pit little mac and a few others from them and never received a single one. I also had to ask 3 times for a refund on a few of the orders.

I ordered Persona 4 the Animation from DeepDiscount.com two years ago without any trouble. I did notice the Paypal account is different (my last order went to [email protected]) but it doesn't appear to have changed hands since 2010.

I can't believe people are actually thinking Deep Discount will come through.  They are fine for mass produced items where there is no shortage of stock.  They are terrible for anything that is in limited supply.  Indeed, there used to be some older threads here complaining about them taking CE orders and never delivering or even cancelling literally months after release.  In short, there is absolutely no chance these Amiibos will be delivered.  

Eh, it's a $12 gamble with pure Paypal credit for me. I won't lose any sleep if it gets tied up.

Edit: Actually nabbed her from Amazon.fr just now (she's down already, unfortunately.) Just gotta account for Greninja and Jigglypuff now.

deepdiscount is a legit site, but they tend to cancel preorders and price mistakes. I'm still waiting on my preorder for stranglehold on PS3.

I think I am 1 for 3 with them.

You try to warn people on here about risky sites or pre-orders that have been up for too long and they get all touchy about it.  All common sense has gone out the window with people pre-ordering amiibos. 

They say it's no big deal to have their money or orders tied up, but then later you get pages of the same people recounting B&H camera, FYE, and other import sites disappointment stories.  These retailers aren't even professional enough to issue their own cancellations/refunds most of the time.  You're going to be sitting there with open pre-orders in September with certain sites.  But some people just have to learn the hard way it seems. 

When something sounds too good to be true, it usually is.  If you aren't sure you've gotten in on the introductory minutes (hour for imports) of a rare amiibo pre-order you're not going to be getting them.  When you deal with lesser retailers they consistently oversell their nonexistent pre-orders and sometimes they do it on purpose.

You try to warn people on here about risky sites or pre-orders that have been up for too long and they get all touchy about it. All common sense has gone out the window with people pre-ordering amiibos.

They say it's no big deal to have their money or orders tied up, but then later you get pages of the same people recounting B&H camera, FYE, and other import sites disappointment stories. These retailers aren't even professional enough to issue their own cancellations/refunds most of the time. You're going to be sitting there with open pre-orders in September with certain sites. But some people just have to learn the hard way it seems.

When something sounds too good to be true, it usually is. If you aren't sure you've gotten in on the introductory minutes/hour of a rare amiibo pre-order you're not going to be getting them. When you deal with lesser retailers they consistently oversell their nonexistent pre-orders and sometimes they do it purposely.
I completely agree with this. I like to be optimistic and I'm sure some people will get their orders through, but I would have to agree that these sites oversell on purpose. Why? Well so they can issue you a refund in store credit and get you to buy something else.

I know every site doesn't do this but a lot of these "shady" sites will not inform you of your refund and if you are anything like me you have 1,000 things going on and will be prone to forgetting you ever ordered anything. aka never getting your money back. I do really hope everyone gets their preorders though, however, why would major retailers sell out so fast but somehow these no-bo sites get way more.

You try to warn people on here about risky sites or pre-orders that have been up for too long and they get all touchy about it. All common sense has gone out the window with people pre-ordering amiibos.

They say it's no big deal to have their money or orders tied up, but then later you get pages of the same people recounting B&H camera, FYE, and other import sites disappointment stories. These retailers aren't even professional enough to issue their own cancellations/refunds most of the time. You're going to be sitting there with open pre-orders in September with certain sites. But some people just have to learn the hard way it seems.

When sometimes sounds too good to be true, it usually is. If you aren't sure you've gotten in on the introductory minutes/hour of a rare amiibo pre-order you're not going to be getting them.
The most hilarious retailer of all is yesasia. Robin, Lucina, and Ness are still available to pre-order. Look, I don't think the site itself is a scam in the traditional sense, but they obviously are just taking pre-orders infinitely and have no idea how much stock they are getting. They have two very sketchy policies; you can't cancel pre-orders and if a pre-order is canceled the refund is defaulted to store credit. You have to just through a lot of extra hoops to just get your money back.

Over on reddit I actually saw someone post that yesasia will send their pre-order numbers to Nintendo so they can make more. Lol, really? Somehow Amazon, Best Buy, Walmart, Target, etc don't have the buying power to do that, but yesasia.com does.

I don't mean to only bag on yesasia, but it pretty much goes for any of these smaller sellers that probably don't care if peoples pre-orders get canceled if they can't get stock. It's a good way to get an interest free loan, I guess.

Yep. I will never order anything from Yes-Asia ever again.  It doesn't matter if they fulfill some of these orders, they are running a shady racket of a business. 

Also I challenge you guys to name any small (non-import) retailers whose drops were posted on here and that came through with rare amiibo orders. 

Yep. I will never order anything from Yes-Asia ever again. It doesn't matter if they fulfill some of these orders, they are running a shady racket of a business.

Also I challenge you guys to name any small (non-import) retailers whose drops were posted on here and that came through with rare amiibo orders.
I know it's more than a hopeful wish for it. If I didn't have extra paypal credit hanging around then I would not have attempted this at all because I think the chances are less than 1% that I would get the 3 I ordered. But I have 180 days to get my full Paypal credit back and I am one that likes to play the odds (though sometimes too much :) ) But if I haven't heard anything from them by middle of June/July I will go to PP for my refund.

But again, I wouldn't do this with a card unless you want to fight with DD or your card company for a refund. Thankfully, paypal makes the process a bit easier

I know it's more than a hopeful wish for it. If I didn't have extra paypal credit hanging around then I would not have attempted this at all
Pretty much. I was at a "Hell, why not" point with Lucina, but I'll probably see about getting it canceled it now that I found her elsewhere. I was never putting much stock in that order. If it weren't for my paypal credit, I would have just waited.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back