Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I agree. It was listed as $49.99 for over a day though and that should at least be in their price history. If the rep I spoke with was accurate, it sounds like they removed the $49.99 from their price history (at least whatever they do to look up for price matching). If the $49.99 isn't showing up in their system, it makes it more difficult to price match and very unlikely that people will be charged that price when shipping (if their invoice doesn't currently reflect the $49.99).
Yeah, I got the same run around garbage via email but then they stated that once it shipped they would grant me a one time adjustment of 9.97.

The price change guarantee only applies when the price drop is notified within 7 days of the order having shipped, since this order has not yet shipped we are unable to honor the price difference you are mentioning. Our pre-order items are subject to price change because of various factors, such as demand, availability, and others.

Anyone else get the above gem from Amazon support?  Still fighting through this.

angel98, on 02 Mar 2015 - 2:50 PM, said:
If you guys got your price of the Amazon MP10 bundle adjusted, make sure you check it again. Just saw this https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/342961-mario-party-10-bundle-price-hike-check-your-amazon-order/?p=12542120

I'm glad I just cancelled mine, but I was lucky enough to get the Gold Mario so I don't really need the other mario. Also I don't have friends so I wont be playing Mario Party any time soon.
Is the game online enabled? If so I'm your friend.

I know there's an amiibo in the box but there really is another discussion for this as angel linked a few posts back. $60 for a new game and an amiibo is a great deal, geez lol let them correct their mistake.

I had no problem with support manually adjusting my order this morning back to $49.99. Plus I saved the transcript so not to worried about it any more. Hopefully everybody else can get it back to the original price. Not our fault amazon had the wrong price in the first place.

Is the game online enabled? If so I'm your friend.
I'm not sure if it's online enabled, but thanks :bouncy: .

Also, is it really worth it to fight with Amazon over this?

Yeah, I got the same run around garbage via email but then they stated that once it shipped they would grant me a one time adjustment of 9.97.
I would not trust this at all.

With GCU this is only like $1 more from Best Buy. You don't have GCU? Why are you on CAG?

Do you guys have any gut feeling that the Super Mario Series will be hard to come by? I have GCU, so I'd much prefer buying from Best Buy, but I'm debating preordering Bowser and Yoshi now on Walmart.

I had no problem with support manually adjusting my order this morning back to $49.99. Plus I saved the transcript so not to worried about it any more. Hopefully everybody else can get it back to the original price. Not our fault amazon had the wrong price in the first place.
You are paying .03 cents more! :roll: Get that adjusted. :shame:

5KexoFk.png

I'm not sure if it's online enabled, but thanks :bouncy: .

Also, is it really worth it to fight with Amazon over this?

I would not trust this at all.

With GCU this is only like $1 more from Best Buy. You don't have GCU? Why are you on CAG?
I do have GCU but with tax it still ends up being more at BB...I am on CAG to be a cheap ass gamer, not pay more at BB regardless of the amount. Plus I have Amazon Prime which gets me free release day delivery...unlike Best Buy who took a week to get me my N3DS and 2 weeks to get me my Zelda LE even though I ordered them the minute they went up. I have never had an instance where Amazon didnt do what they said. If its not automatic then I will send another email and they will refund me, I have no doubts about it.

I do have GCU but with tax it still ends up being more at BB...I am on CAG to be a cheap ass gamer, not pay more at BB regardless of the amount. Plus I have Amazon Prime which gets me free release day delivery...unlike Best Buy who took a week to get me my N3DS and 2 weeks to get me my Zelda LE even though I ordered them the minute they went up. I have never had an instance where Amazon didnt do what they said. If its not automatic then I will send another email and they will refund me, I have no doubts about it.
Exactly why I only preorder from Amazon. Their customer support is one the clock too. Good luck with Best Buy's call centers.

To each their own. I have some advantages ordering from Best Buy that others don't. I'm Elite Plus and when I get an order shipped they charge me 5% tax instead of 8% if I bought it in store (its a strange New Mexico tax thing). I would only end up paying $0.40 more for it from BB.

Amazon has been rock solid for me as well, but I've also never seen them raise a price of something in my cart (mistake or otherwise). Also other people here seem to be having trouble resolving their order so I threw the best buy thing out there. I guess I made it sound like I was responding directly to you, but I really didn't mean to. That was my fault.

EDIT: and to be really, really clear, I'm not getting this bundle at all from either place and probably would have cancelled my Amazon order even if it stayed at $50.

Exactly why I only preorder from Amazon. Their customer support is one the clock too. Good luck with Best Buy's call centers.
Actually, one member here reported that amazon was closed once for customer support. The CSR was Bryan I believe.

Is anyone else mentally fatigued from this whole amiibo business? It just hit me today that I'm utterly exhausted from all the auto-notifications, email updates, text messages, page refreshes, tweets, and posts day in and day out about amiibo just so I can do it all over again for the "next wave"...

I'm not quitting or bowing out or anything, but I'm sad that I now look back fondly on how I USED to use the internet/CAG/etc. browsing different threads, having conversations etc. etc. 

I was really looking forward to amiibo.  I was excited to have figures and cool box-arts for all of my favorite Nintendo characters, and while I still like them, I'm really sick of having to be "on alert" or "connected" all the time just so I can get them all... I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Way to go Nintendo.  You killed the "fun" of amiibo for me.  Nice going!

...I look forward to when I can CAG like I used to CAG...

It depends from person to person. I've had excellent Best Buy experience where subpar Amazon and I'm a Prime member. I've had Amazon send me books which are obviously used and got a "Sorry" from them with nothing else and wanted to change my payment option on a limited edition game only to have Amazon cancel it with no way of getting it without resorting to third parties.

Is anyone else mentally fatigued from this whole amiibo business? It just hit me today that I'm utterly exhausted from all the auto-notifications, email updates, text messages, page refreshes, tweets, and posts day in and day out about amiibo just so I can do it all over again for the "next wave"...

I'm not quitting or bowing out or anything, but I'm sad that I now look back fondly on how I USED to use the internet/CAG/etc. browsing different threads, having conversations etc. etc.

I was really looking forward to amiibo. I was excited to have figures and cool box-arts for all of my favorite Nintendo characters, and while I still like them, I'm really sick of having to be "on alert" or "connected" all the time just so I can get them all... I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Way to go Nintendo. You killed the "fun" of amiibo for me. Nice going!

...I look forward to when I can CAG like I used to CAG...
Only going to get worse, judging by the sheer amount of wave 3b amiibos listed on ebay and the trades wanting wave 1 and wave 2, people are just going to keep buying more in hopes that they can trade/sell their way into getting the older ones

Mario Party games have normally been offline. I think Nintendo hopes that you invite your friends over and after a single game of Mario Party, you aren't friends with them anymore.
If you played online it'd just be a MASSIVE waste of time with all of the rage quitting lol. Unlike an in person game where you can berate your friends for being poor sports or smack them if they're being a douche. Don't encourage getting rid of couch multi/co-op! :D

Only going to get worse, judging by the sheer amount of wave 3b amiibos listed on ebay and the trades wanting wave 1 and wave 2, people are just going to keep buying more in hopes that they can trade/sell their way into getting the older ones
Yeah. I agree with you 100%. I specifically neglected to comment on the whole scalping/ebay/etc. aspect of this since THAT part will always happen just like it is with anything deemed "collectible" or "limited". Its just much worse here because 1) the buy-in price is so low and 2) they are "accessible" to many. With all the hype out there about flipping/selling etc. you'll have more and more people jumping in to buy/resell (which is good for lowering secondary market prices but bad for 1st market availability). But I'm not really upset at scalpers and resellers and such... they'll always be there doing their thing. I'm just tired of it being a necessity to have to hunt a pre-order like its a magical treasure or something.

GJ Nintendo getting everybody to buy a stupid game they wouldn't otherwise care about or buy. This is mainly happening because people don't have enough self-discipline to wait a month or two so they gotta pay $50 for a $13 amiibo. 

Mario Party 10 is going to be awesome! I can't tell you how much the kids love playing mini-game after mini-game. Plus this will be the first game to implement amiibos like we all thought/wanted (just like Skylanders) 

I'm super excited for it!

Unfortunately, this "low supply-high hype/demand" business model seems to be working for Nintendo, much to our chagrin.

Dang, I was at a Taco Bell Sat night just down the street from mine trying out the new sriracha menu and thought, "...should I check it out? Mmmm, nah no way your food will get cold and you'll kick yourself for having it get the better of you." Now I'll always wonder..better to just call lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back